"世界上有那么多的城镇,城镇中有那么多的酒馆,她却走进了我的。"

这叫一“有缘无份”。

Tom Hanks,"Forrest Gump", 1994

阿甘正传

"Life is like a box of chocolates:you never know what you're gonna get."

"生活就像一盒巧克力:你永远不知道你会得到什么。"

Shawshank's Redemption

肖申克的救赎

I believe in two things: discipline and the Bible. Here you'll receive both. Put your trust in the Lord; your ass belongs to me. Welcome to Shawshank.

“信仰交给上帝,肉体交给我。”这启发我们可以将其稍加改动即用到更加合适的场合。比如带女友第一次到家里来,你可以对她说:“Put your trust in me; your body, too.”

Red: You shouldn't be doing this to yourself. This is just shitty pipe. Mexico is way down there and you're in here.

Andy: Yeah, right. That's the way it is. It's down there and I'm in here. I guess it comes down to a simple choice---get busy living or get busy dying.

诚如其言,“人总是要做点什么的。”做着做着,就有了我们国家的腾飞;做着做着,就有了我们祖国的发达。再联想起“华为”员工过劳死与中国众多的血汗工厂,也不难理解“get busy living or get busy dying”的深意。

It takes a strong man to save himself, and a great man to save another.

强者自渡,圣者渡人。

Fear can hold you prisoner. Hope can set you free.

再来段Matrix Ⅰ(《黑客帝国 1》)里头的经典台词吧。

Morpheus: If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain.

狱警: Ellis Boyd Redding, your files say you've served40 years of a life sentence. You feel you've been rehabilitated?

Red: Rehabilitated? Well, now, let me see. I don't have any idea what that means.

狱警: It means you're ready to rejoin society... (break down)

Red: I know what you think it means, sonny. To me it's just a made-up word. A politician's word so that young fellows like yourself can wear a suit and a tie and have a job. What do you really want to know? Am I sorry for what I did?

狱警: Well, are you?

Red: There's not a day goes by I don't feel regret. Not because I'm in here or because you think I should. I look back on the way I was then a young stupid kid who committed that terrible crime. I want to talk to him. I want to try and talk some sense to him. Tell him the way things are. But I can't. That kid's long gone and this old man is all that's left. I got to live with that. Rehabilitated? It's just a bullshit word. So you go on and stamp your forms, sonny, and stop wasting my time. Because to tell you the truth: I don't give a shit!

Red narrating: These walls are kind of funny like that. First you hate them, then you get used to them. Enough time passed, get so you depend on them. That's institutionalizing.

多少看来,“适应环境”并不总是好事。在逆境、不好的环境中把持住自我往往是第一重要。人言,既然无力去改变环境,那么就努力去适应环境;又说,不能让环境来适应你,而应让你去适应环境。现在看来,当环境不适应自己而又无力改变环境时,你还可独善其身,坚守自我而不被institutionalize。

http://blog.sina.com.cn/u/1069313835

CHLOROPHYLLEO 发表于 2006-10-24 05:55:57

Independence Day

独立日

Good morning. In less than an hour, aircrafts from here will join others from around the world and you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. Mankind, that word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united by our common interest. Perhaps it's fate that today is 4th of July and you will once again be fighting for our freedom, not from tyranny, oppression or persecution, but from annihilation. We are fighting for our right to live, to exist. And should we win the day, the fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day when the world declare in one voice we will not go quietly into the night, we will not vanish without a fight, we are going to live on, we are going to survive! Today, we celebrate our Independence Day!

如果一定要套用一个中国特色的评语话,该片毫无疑问是老美最典型的“主旋律”影片之一。看美国的形象正如慷慨激昂发表演讲时的帅哥总统一样高大,自由女神引导地球上的男男女女们尽皆激情澎湃,想来哪还有亡族灭种之理,怕是外星鞑子再厉害千倍却也不及老美的这番真情告白了。某些词语,如common interest,很容易让我们被暗示以美国的价值观;接下来的tyranny、oppression、persecution,隐约见得“邪恶轴心”、“无赖国家”的影子。而对于美国独立日即将成为人类盛典的事实,老美很自负的说,“perhaps it’s fate”,天晓得这是哪门子“fate”,更可能,这是老美心中长久的梦想,只是它的到来万不必借助于外星人的推动。

尽管你能拨开迷雾看本质,尽管你能对好莱坞那一套煽情路线貌似不屑一顾,可你不得不承认,这就是老美的高明之处。用渗透式的教学方法慢慢让你体会到美国的好,虽没有中国教条那样直接露骨,却让你在潜移默化中接受他们的价值取向,被“和平”地演化。

Hotel Rwanda

卢旺达饭店

通观《卢旺达饭店》,我们不难发现美国及其西方盟友的形象十分猥琐,片中维和部队司令官悲愤中反斥饭店经理,实则是对西方文明世界不作为的强烈控诉。随着剧情的演进,导演对美国及其西方盟友的批评意味越加浓厚,观众看了,也开始在心中暗自责骂。

想到这里,我心中不由打了个激灵。观众们要责骂什么呢?这几乎不是个问题。在那种情境下,我们显然会说,“美国怎么不出兵呢?”、“美国大兵都是懦夫!”、“美国人标榜自己是世界警察,可真到了关键时刻却有龟缩在家里。”、“美国人为什么不去解放弱小的一方呢?”……事实似乎已经有了向这方面发展的倾向:我在百度贴吧就看到一个帖子,作者很鄙夷地说,“看看‘主权高于人权’的虚伪!”言语中已然有了喊着叫着要老美来解放人民的冲动。我们的领导人以慈父式的教育手段向我们苦口婆心灌输的教条就被这样否定了。

所以我觉得尽管这部影片把美国及其西方盟友批评了个遍,但仍不失为美国的“主旋律影片”。它与《独立日》一起,从正反两个方面成功宣扬了美国的价值观,甚至于《卢旺达饭店》的手法更为隐蔽、更为高明。

这就是美国,赞美也好,挨骂也罢,最终都能殊途同归,达到自己的目的。联想到我们提出的口号——“以科学的理论武装人,以正确的舆论引导人,以高尚的精神塑造人,以优秀的作品鼓舞人”,那可真是还有很长的路要走啊。

由Wyclef Jean演唱的片尾曲Million Voices显然是吸收了黑人灵歌的元素,不遗余力对你在本片中形成的观点进行强化。其中就有这么一段歌词让我记忆深刻:

If America, is the United States of America,

then why can't Africa, be the United States of Africa?

And if England, is the United Kingdom,

then why can't Africa unite all the kingdoms

and become United Kingdom of Africa?

高一时正值本·拉登在美国玩了一票,语文老师问我们支不支持美国攻打阿富汗,我很标新立异地说,要是美国打下全地球、占领全世界,国界也就消失了,共产主义也就实现了。

CHLOROPHYLLEO 发表于 2006-10-24 05:57:15

Spiderman

蜘蛛侠

The more powerful the spider man is, the more responsibilities he should take.

能力越强,责任越大。

Gone with the Wind

乱世佳人, 1930年

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

坦率地说,我不在乎!

真的么?您可真逗!哭吧哭吧不是罪,再强的人也有权利去疲惫。

Tara! Home, I'll go home. And I'll think of some way to get him back. After all, tomorrow is another day.

到了“后天”,话就该这么说了:“我拼命读书为了将来,谁知道没有将来!”(谁有《后天》里的这句英文对白,有劳发一下哈!)

The Godfather

教父1,1972年

I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse.

唉,都到这份上了,还有什么好说的呢。什么都不要说了!

Schindler's List

辛德勒的名单

此段文字引自竞学网,查看原文请点击

http://www.jxue.com/e_t/news/13631.htm

酒过三巡,辛德勒(Shindler)与纳粹军官阿蒙哥特(Amon Goeth)到阳台闲聊。平常,Goeth经常无缘无故开枪射击,乱杀无辜,他认为,随意杀人就是权力。Shindler却说,"正义"才是能让一个人操生杀大权的原因,宽恕才是权力。——看看Shindler的原话是怎么说的:

Goeth: You know, I look at you. I watch you, and you're never drunk. Oh, that's... that's real control. Control is power. That's power. Is that why they fear us? We have the fucking power to kill, that's why they fear us. They fear us because we have the power to kill arbitrarily. A man commits a crime, he should know better. We have him killed, and feel good about it. Or we kill him ourselves and we feel even better.

Shindler: That's not power, though. That's justice. It's different than power. Power is when we have every justification to kill, and we don't.

Goeth: You think that's power?

Shindler: That's what the emperors had. A man stole something; he's brought in before the emperor. He throws himself down on the ground, he begs for mercy. He knows he's going to die. And the emperor... pardons him. This worthless man, he lets him go.

Goeth: I think you are drunk.

Shindler: That's power, Amon.

look at,固定搭配的词组,意思是看、观察。drunk,喝醉了的。Goeth说Shindler从不喝醉,显示了超强的控制力。进而他发出感慨:控制力就是权力。犹太人怕我们,就是因为我们有生杀予夺的大权,我们能随意决定一个犹太人的生死。arbitrarily,武断地,任意地。

接着Goeth举了个例子。比如对一个犯了罪的人,如果我们杀了他,我们会感觉快乐;如果是我们亲手杀了他,就更有快感了。commit a crime,犯罪,可以当作一个固定搭配来记忆。

Shindler却提出了不同的见解。他认为,正义(justice)使我们有权杀死一个犯了罪的人。真正的权力是,我们有充足的理由去处死他,而我们却不去这样做。every,每一个,全部的,引申为充分的;justification,认为有理,认为正当,理由。他解释说,就像小偷乞求(beg for)宽恕,皇帝原谅(pardon)了他,让这个毫无价值的人(worthless)继续苟且偷生,皇帝(emperor)们拥有的就是权力而不是正义。throw oneself on the ground,匍匐在地。

再做些文字外的注释,以便更透彻地理解这段话。Shindler话外的意思是,"权力"是存在于人与人的关系中的,可以使用,可以执行;"正义"却不是一个人或一群人与生俱来的,它是一种参照的标准,是独立于人之外的。当一个人或一群人以正义的化身自居的时候,这个世界也就危险了。

Who ever saves one life, saves the world entire.

类似于“救人一命胜造七级浮屠。”

CHLOROPHYLLEO 发表于 2006-10-24 05:58:35

Brokeback Mountain

断背山

I wish I knew how to quit you.

“我真希望能戒掉你。”

这个翻译摘自《格言》杂志2006年第22期33页。我初看这句中文时,那可真是拍案叫绝!后来在网上找到英文原文,甚至觉得还没这么传神,恨不能要李安把这句对白换成这句中文得了。就像袅袅上升的烟圈,你想挥手驱散,它却更加阴魂不散地弥漫在你身旁;就像花季里的少年,明明想忘记某个女孩,可她的身影就是不停在脑中晃动。青春是一道明媚的忧伤,这忧伤戒都戒不掉。

Mission Impossible Ⅲ

谍中谍 3

片中阿汤哥显摆出要去梵蒂冈起事的弥天大勇时,劝阻他的人形容那儿正招呼着“more than 200 CCTV cameras… ”可能也只怪自己英语听力水平有待提高,在冗长的不知所云中突然冒出一个无比熟悉的音节,那真叫一热泪盈眶,有若老乡见老乡般心情激动。我心说,这可奇了,关咱们的电视台哪门子事啊。转而很无稽地陷入“冷战思维”:是了,西方人认为CCTV是1统治、监视人民的得力工具,由是用CCTV来形容camera,正体现出监控手段的严密。索性Google一下,方才发现CCTV竟是Closed Circuit Television(闭路电视)之略,始觉自己有些变态。想来中国中央电视台这英文名也取绝了,无怪当年闭路电视大规模普及时,正是央视大规模扩张的时期。

据说西方人对中国人感到很不解的一点就是,中国人习惯把衣服晒在外面,而且是不论内衣外衣都晒在外面,让什么人都能看到。上海里弄的“万国旗”想必大家也不陌生,但经过祖国这几年的蓬勃发展,及至阿汤哥把架打到上海滩时,这些尴尬的场景已然改善许多。尽管如此,当看到大上海高楼林立的背景前赫然飘起几件上衣、裤子、内衣、袜子时,我还是不禁哭笑不得。很想知道,老美们是在什么隐秘的角落用什么方法把衣服弄干的。

有报道称,在审批此片时,主管部门认为其中有关上海市容、聚打麻将的镜头有损形象,遂建议删除。其实,形象不形象,究竟是个面子;里子怎么样,咱自己人心里都倍儿清楚。就算“被损害的形象”都毁尸灭迹了,也只是我们看不到而已,人家老外还瞅得格外分明呢。可谓“奈何家丑已扬外,枉自掩耳以盗铃。”

so猫 发表于 2006-10-24 07:17:27

我在猜想 有没有我喜欢的电影里面的那句话
坐等楼主继续贴

hadrian80 发表于 2006-10-24 08:35:06

所以说做妖就象做人一样,要有仁慈的心,有了仁慈的心,就不再妖,是人妖...
----大话西游

so猫 发表于 2006-10-24 08:36:10

恩 恩 来来来 欢迎大家补充的说
补充得踊跃的有分加
嘿嘿。。。

天知道 发表于 2006-10-24 09:17:07

这个帖子好,要顶。

渡渡鸟 发表于 2006-10-24 18:13:26

洪七:天妒英才 (河南版)
        ---东成西就

玲珑璇 发表于 2006-10-24 20:21:31

玲珑璇 发表于 2006-10-24 20:27:31

天知道 发表于 2006-10-25 11:19:54

en,肖申克的救赎里有不少经典的台词。

我也说一个,周星驰的“喜剧之王”里的,(凭印象,具体细节会有出入,见谅)
背景音乐响起,
周:喂。
张:什么?
周:这么早就走?
张:嗯,去上班啊。
周:不上行不行?
张:哼,不上,你养我?
周,笑。
张,也笑,摆摆手,继续走。
过了一会儿。。。

周(追上):喂。
张(停住):又怎么了?
周:我养你啦!
张(笑):先管好你自己吧!拜。
周,笑。

这一段我觉得拍得相当的好,音乐、对白、人物的表情,堪称经典。。。

deification8 发表于 2006-10-25 21:54:12

00:23:20,220 --> 00:23:21,660
你去过巴哈吗?
You ever been to Baja?

00:23:23,140 --> 00:23:26,100
- 在墨西哥 - 没有
- Mexico? - No.

00:23:26,230 --> 00:23:28,190
那里可有个好地方
There's this great place down there.

00:23:28,950 --> 00:23:30,150
20美元一晚
20 bucks a night,

00:23:31,080 --> 00:23:32,650
还有吊床
hammock on the back deck.

00:23:33,940 --> 00:23:35,270
啤酒只要50美分
Beers are 50 cents.

00:23:36,730 --> 00:23:38,210
优惠的时候只要25美分
25 cents at happy hour.

00:23:42,300 --> 00:23:43,640
你去过泰国吗?
You ever been to Thailand?

00:23:43,810 --> 00:23:45,040
那里很棒
Thailand's great.

00:23:45,160 --> 00:23:48,710
Michael 如果你说这些是想让我放松 我不得不说你做得很糟糕
Michael, if you're trying to calm me down, you're doing a terrible job.

00:23:49,290 --> 00:23:51,140
至少我在尝试
But I am trying.

so猫 发表于 2006-10-26 00:49:27

原帖由 deification8 于 2006-10-25 21:54 发表
00:23:20,220 --> 00:23:21,660
你去过巴哈吗?
You ever been to Baja?

00:23:23,140 --> 00:23:26,100
- 在墨西哥 - 没有
- Mexico? - No.

00:23:26,230 --> 00:23:28,190