cale 发表于 2004-2-23 13:52:07

Issue29, 请多指教!谢谢!

Issue29 " Public figures such as actors and politicians, and athletes should expect people to be interested in their private lives. When they seek a public role, they should expect that they will lose at least some of their privacy."

After careful and objective analysis about the issue that whether public figures should be willing to lose some of their privacy when they decide to become a public role, I find my view consistent with the author's with some reservation. Indubitably, the public roles should be always ready to the close attention from the public. However, in my opinion, we, as normal man, should also expect the need of these public roles to hold some part of their life private.

Firstly, the so-called public roles are increasingly exposed to the society as a result of the development of the electronic and communication technology such as the digital camera and the Internet. Such digital product and communication media allow the reporters to send what they newly got back to their headquarters almost instantaneously. Nearly everyday, we can get the latest news or pictures of the public roles about their participation in an activity somewhere, or their holiday with their family. However, it seems to us that most of these public roles appear to be well prepared for such ever-present cover by all kinds of media; some of them even told the media that they would feel uneasy and depressed without the media and the public's attention, for them, especially those in entertainment industry, "no news is bad news".   

Secondly, it is human nature that people tend to be interested in knowing more about the star or celebrity they admired. People now will not be content with only the information about their idols in professions, they tend to be curious about other field of their idols, including their private life. It is reported that there were once articles on the newspaper and then widespread on the Internet to analyze and guess whether the little David, son of Beckham who is a British super soccer star, will follow his father to be a football player or follow his mother, a famous singer, Victoria, to be a singer. In this situation of people's increasing curiosity about Public roles' life outside their professional field, it is not strange that all the media are motivated to try their best to cover as much public figures' life as possible for the purpose that they can attract more reader or audience and then obtaining more profits. Therefore, realizing the people's curiosity of nature and the media's interest in profits, the public role should have expected their loss of privacy to some extent.  

Finally, however, although it is right that the public roles should expect the loss of some of their privacy, it is equally reasonable that the public roles are the same to our normal people, it is also human nature for them to have something keeping in privacy. We need look no further than the Death of Diana, a beautiful and philanthropic lady, to see the truth of my view. Diana died at the start of her potential new love in a traffic accident, which was caused just by her intent to get rid of the supervising of the following reporters. It has been proved by the death of the widely loved lady Diana that now public roles have been over supervised to the extent that we have to take actions to prevent such tragedy from happening again.

To sum up, I consent to the author with some reservation, through the discussion mentioned above, we can easily reach the conclusion that the public roles should expect the loss of some of their privacy, however, we can not ignore that, it is also human nature that all the public roles need some of their privacy intact.

paisley 发表于 2004-2-24 13:58:56

写的挺不错的,思路非常清楚,说理也很到位,唯一不足(也可以说是比较高的要求了)就是稍微太浅了一点,你可以参照前人写的这篇优秀习作https://bbs.gter.net/bbs/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54830

希望继续多多帮助其他人哦!
页: [1]
查看完整版本: Issue29, 请多指教!谢谢!