cale 发表于 2004-3-21 15:40:58

Issue127 请多指教,倒数四天中!

127."Facts are stubborn things. They cannot be altered by our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions."

After careful and objective analysis about the issue whether the facts will alters with the change of our subjective concerns, I find my view principally consistent with the authors. In my opinion, the facts, I mean the ideas that have been proved of absolute truth, will not alters no matter how human wishes, and any behaviors violating such facts will inevitably end up in failure. In the following discussion, I will show my evidence to substantiate my view.

In the first place, the contents of facts cannot be affected by our wishes, inclinations, or the dictates of our passions. One of the most typical traits of facts is their universalism and objectivity. That is to say, a certain fact will not change when it is put into different environments or applied into different problems sharing the same nature, and it will not change according to the variation of people's subjective ideas or actions. For example, the fact that the earth is round is a long accepted concept, although we have a long-term controversy over this problem, the earth is still a round one. Such facts will not vary if we change our subjective inclinations or choose another place for our observation. In this sense, the facts are stubborn, once they are proved to be absolutely true, they will accompany the development of our society with constancy   

In the second place, the facts are stubborn to the extent that any of our behaviors, if violated the principles determined by the facts, are destined to fail or even incur punishment to us. Although human race become more able to explore and then improve their living environment, the increase in our competence cannot change the eternal fact that the world are keeping balanced by plenty of principles, no matter discovered or not. Unfortunately, just at the start of human's unprecedentedly rapid development in last century, we were not capacious enough to realize the seriousness of violating the natural rules or facts. As a result, we tried hard to improve our living condition or maximize the profits even at the cost of destroying much of our environment, now, the nature begin to feed back its punishment for our unawareness of the significance to respect the stubborn facts of the world. Nowadays, though we are leading a better life than before, however, we are still suffering many unprecedented problems. For example, the air and water pollution has greatly threaten the health of people, the over deforestation of forest have resulted in the uncontrolled Global Warming, and the automation, which is used to be considered as a effective way to lower the intensity of labor and to magnify profits, now become one of the main reasons for today's high unemployment rate which trouble us as a important reason of crime.

People may argues that the "facts" explaining a certain natural phenomenon or something else are always modified by our scientists as a result of the scientific and technological development, however, such people fail to discriminate between the "real facts" and the "false facts". For example, our knowledge about the center of the universe have transformed from the geocentric theory to the heliocentric theory. It seems to prove that the "facts" are not stubborn. However, we should first figure out the definition of fact; as far as I am concerned, facts are only those of absolute truth, those who have not been justified are just relative truth or even false ideas, they cannot be considered as " facts". Seeing this, people will no longer be confused and accept the stubbornness of facts.  

To sum up, I consent to the author with little reservation. Through the discussion mentioned above, we can easily reach the conclusion that facts is constant, they will not change with the variation or development of the subjective or objective world, consequently, it is wise for us to conduct all of our business strictly according the stubborn facts.
恳请大家给点意见,也给个分数,三分也行,四分也好,呵呵,我就是想心理有个数。

jackygauss 发表于 2004-3-21 16:09:08

127."Facts are stubborn things. They cannot be altered by our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions."

After careful and objective analysis about the issue whether the facts will alters with the change of our subjective concerns, I find my view principally consistent with the authors. In my opinion, the facts, I mean the ideas that have been proved of absolute truth, will not alters(原形) no matter how human wishes, and any behaviors violating such facts will inevitably end up in failure. In the following discussion, I will show my evidence to substantiate my view.开门见山,单刀直入。

In the first place, the contents of facts cannot be affected by our wishes, inclinations, or the dictates of our passions. One of the most typical traits of facts is their universalism and objectivity. That is to say, a certain fact will not change when it is put into different environments or applied into different problems sharing the same nature, and it will not change according to the variation of people's subjective ideas or actions. For example, the fact that the earth is round is a long accepted concept, although we have a long-term controversy over this problem, the earth is still a round one. Such facts will not vary if we change our subjective inclinations or choose another place for our observation. In this sense, the facts are stubborn, once they are proved to be absolutely true, they will accompany the development of our society with constancy. 事实一经证明是绝对正确的,就是不可改变的了。例子不错。

In the second place, the facts are stubborn to the extent that any of our behaviors, if violated the principles determined by the facts, are destined to fail or even incur punishment to us. Although human race become(s) more able to explore and then improve their living environment, the increase in our competence cannot change the eternal fact that the world are(is) keeping balanced by plenty of principles, no matter discovered or not. Unfortunately, just at the start of human's unprecedentedly(错误词) rapid development in last century, we were not capacious enough to realize the seriousness of violating the natural rules or facts. As a result, we tried hard to improve our living condition or maximize the profits even at the cost of destroying much of(可以去掉much of) our environment, now, (标点)the nature begin(begins) to feed back its punishment for our unawareness of the significance to respect the stubborn facts of the world. Nowadays, though we are leading a better life than before, however, we are still suffering many unprecedented problems. For example, the air and water pollution has greatly threaten(用完成时) the health of people, the over deforestation of forest(语意重复) have resulted in the uncontrolled Global Warming, and the automation, which is(去掉is) used to be considered as a(an) effective way to lower the intensity of labor and to magnify profits, now become one of the main reasons for today's high unemployment rate which(which指代什么?如果是reasons,要紧跟其后;要是rate,要用troubles) trouble us as a(an) important reason of crime.(几个分句间可以用分号隔开)
很精彩的一段,从一个侧面论证了事实的不可改变性,如果违背它,就会遭到“报应”。可惜语法错误较多。

People may argues(原形) that  the "facts" explaining a certain natural phenomenon or something else are always modified by our scientists as a result of the scientific and technological development, however, such people fail to discriminate between the "real facts" and the "false facts". For example, our knowledge about the center of the universe have transformed from the geocentric theory to the heliocentric theory. It seems to prove that the "facts" are not stubborn. However, we should first figure out the definition of fact; as far as I am concerned, facts are only those of absolute truth, those who have not been justified are just relative truth or even false ideas, they cannot be considered as " facts". Seeing this, people will no longer be confused and accept the stubbornness of facts.
漂亮,使得全文变得非常之严谨。指出了什么是真正的事实。

To sum up, I consent to the author with little reservation.不错的表达 Through the discussion mentioned above, we can easily reach the conclusion that facts is constant, they will not change with the variation or development of the subjective or objective world, consequently, it is wise for us to conduct all of our business strictly according the stubborn facts.
看了你的作文感到好自卑啊!!我今天本来也想写这一篇,可是思路没想好,很窄,看了你的以后,大受启发,谢谢!总体来说,非常不错,语言和结构都好!有一些语法错误。我认为你能拿至少5分的!

cale 发表于 2004-3-21 18:20:57

jackygauss兄,你太客气了,这么仔细的给我改文章,应该是我感谢你才对,呵呵,多谢你的鼓励,要是真能拿五分,可真是谢天谢地了。

teachercaoming 发表于 2004-3-21 18:52:59

After careful and objective analysis about the issue whether the facts will alters with the change of our subjective concerns, I find my view principally consistent with the authors. In my opinion, the facts, I mean the ideas that have been proved of absolute truth, will not alters no matter how human wishes, and any behaviors violating such facts will inevitably end up in failure. In the following discussion, I will show my evidence to substantiate my view.(开头还可以)

In the first place,(我感觉最好不要用in the first place) the contents of facts cannot be affected by our wishes, inclinations, or the dictates of our passions. One of the most typical traits of facts is their universalism and objectivity. That is to say, a certain fact will not change when it is put into different environments or applied into different problems sharing the same nature, and it will not change according to the variation of people's subjective ideas or actions. For example, the fact that the earth is round is a long accepted concept, although we have a long-term controversy over this problem, the earth is still a round one. Such facts will not vary if we change our subjective inclinations or choose another place for our observation. In this sense, the facts are stubborn, once they are proved to be absolutely true, they will accompany the development of our society with constancy

In the second place, the facts are stubborn to the extent that any of our behaviors, if violated the principles determined by the facts, are destined to fail or even incur punishment to us. Although human race become more able to explore and then improve their living environment, the increase in our competence cannot change the eternal fact that the world are keeping balanced by plenty of principles, no matter discovered or not. Unfortunately, just at the start of human's unprecedentedly(打击你一下 没有这个词)( rapid development in last century, we were not capacious enough to realize the seriousness of violating the natural rules or facts. As a result, we tried hard to improve our living condition or maximize the profits even at the cost of destroying much of our environment(*我感觉much of our environment 不好our environment就行), now, the nature begin to feed back its punishment for our unawareness of the significance to respect the stubborn facts of the world. Nowadays, though we are leading a better life than before, however, we are still suffering many unprecedented problems. For example, the air and water pollution has greatly threaten the health of people, the over deforestation of forest have resulted in the uncontrolled Global Warming, and the automation, which is used to be considered as a effective way to lower the intensity of labor and to magnify profits, now become one of the main reasons for today's high unemployment rate which trouble us as a important reason of crime.(unemployment rate 和reason of crime有关吗)

People may argues that the "facts" explaining a certain natural phenomenon or something else are always modified by our scientists as a result of the scientific and technological development, however, such people fail to discriminate between the "real facts" and the "false facts". For example, our knowledge about the center of the universe have transformed from the geocentric theory to the heliocentric theory. It seems to prove that the "facts" are not stubborn. However, we should first figure out the definition of fact; as far as I am concerned, facts are only those of absolute truth, those who have not been justified are just relative truth or even false ideas, they cannot be considered as " facts". Seeing this, people will no longer be confused and accept the stubbornness of facts.

To sum up, I consent to the author with little reservation. Through the discussion mentioned above, we can easily reach the conclusion that facts is constant, they will not change with the variation or development of the subjective or objective world, consequently, it is wise for us to conduct all of our business strictly according the stubborn facts.
不错啊 我都不知这么改了 就可以打5分啊。

cale 发表于 2004-3-21 18:56:36

呵呵,联得两个五分,不错!!!多谢teachercaoming
unprecedentedly 确实没有这个词,使我没考的时候编的,呵呵,我想表达史无前例的, 需要副词形式,那位指点一下?

dezhi 发表于 2004-3-21 21:54:07

unprecedentedly adv. 有这个词

hkkk5257 发表于 2004-3-22 21:50:33

cale是限时写的吗? 如果是就太好了,恭喜你啊,学习中,
我还有6天考了

吭哧吭哧啃啃 发表于 2004-3-22 23:05:27

呵呵,捣蛋一下
地球不是圆的,是椭圆的,呵呵

吭哧吭哧啃啃 发表于 2004-3-22 23:12:24

又仔细看了一遍,强啊.尤其是污染的例子和事实的定义
望尘莫及-----------------
学习学习

jianguo 发表于 2004-3-23 00:09:42

After careful and objective analysis about the issue whether the facts will alters(原形) with the change of our subjective concerns, I find my view principally consistent(consist) with the authors(author’s). In my opinion, the facts, I mean the ideas that have been proved of(proved to be) absolute truth, will not alters(原形) no matter how human wishes, and any behaviors violating such facts will inevitably end up in failure. In the following discussion, I will show my evidence to substantiate my view.(感觉结构有点生硬)

In the first place, the contents of facts cannot be affected by our wishes, inclinations, or the dictates of our passions. One of the most typical traits(单数) of facts is their universalism and objectivity. That is to say, a certain fact will not change when it is put into different environments(单数把) or applied into different problems sharing the same nature, and it will not change according to the variation of people's subjective ideas or actions. For example, the fact that the earth is round is a long accepted concept, although we have a long-term controversy over this problem, the earth is still a round one. Such facts will not vary if we change our subjective inclinations or choose another place for our observation. In this sense, the facts are stubborn, once they are proved to be absolutely true, they will accompany the development of our society with constancy

In the second place, the facts are stubborn to the extent that any of our behaviors, if violated the principles determined by the facts, are destined(destiny, destined译为“去往…的路上”) to fail or even incur punishment to us. Although human race become more able to(这种说法不妥) explore and then improve their living environment, the increase in our competence cannot change the eternal fact that the world are keeping balanced by(用by不妥) plenty of principles, no matter discovered or not. Unfortunately, just at the start of human's unprecedented rapid development in last century, we were not(not->no) capacious enough to realize the seriousness of violating the natural rules or facts. As a result, we tried hard to improve our living condition or maximize the profits even at the cost of destroying much of our environment, now, the nature begin to feed back its punishment for our unawareness of the significance to respect the stubborn facts of the world. Nowadays, though we are leading a better life than before, however, we are still suffering many unprecedented problems. For example, the air and water pollution has(has->have) greatly threaten the health of people, the over deforestation of forest(去掉) have resulted in the uncontrolled Global Warming, and the automation, which is used to be considered as a effective way to lower the intensity of labor and to magnify profits, now become one of the main reasons for today's high unemployment rate which trouble us as a important reason of crime.

To sum up, I consent to the author with little reservation. Through the discussion mentioned above, we can easily reach the conclusion that facts is(are) constant, they will not change with the variation or development of the subjective or objective world, consequently, it is wise for us to conduct all of our business strictly according the stubborn facts.
总体感觉写的不错,就是有些语法错误。而且有时感觉生硬, 我给你4.5分。
页: [1]
查看完整版本: Issue127 请多指教,倒数四天中!