hlin 发表于 2004-3-23 02:20:36

issue74,行为类,看似好写但却从未写的如此艰难

74."The most effective way to communicate an idea or value to large groups of people is through the use of images, not language."

After careful and objective consideration about the issue that the most effective way to communicate an idea or value to large groups of people is through the use of images, not language, I have my reservations. While those are two ways to express one's opinion to others respectively, can't we combine the two things into a better way? I advocate that neither of these two ways is quite effective without the other.

Language, which is the most common way people use to communicate with others, has flaws besides its obvious advantages. Everyday, we talk to other people, like asking and answering questions, telling the news, chatting and so on. Most of the time,we only use language to communicate, because it is the most direct and the most convenient way to express ourselves. Besides, language could provides listeners with the speaker’s precise meaning and sometimes in-depth analysis. However, there are some disadvantages by using language. As we know it is not vivid through language to communicate opinions to groups of people. It will even be boring for large groups of people to listen to a speaker speaking for a long time. So the phenomenon that lots of students easily fall into sleep in lessons teaching only by language is quite normal. Another demerit is that the audiences always passively receive the information, no time for more thinking, and no space for some imaginations. These flaws usually become blocks in the process of communicating an idea or value to large groups of people.

Similarly, both sides exist in images. Images can bring us vivid pictures which may interest us very much and give you space to open out your imagination, but can you imagine what will happen if someone shows images to large groups of people? Nothing can be told. Different people may have different feelings due to different experiences and living condition, also other factors work. Thus, we will not understand what the person really wants to express. And I strongly object the idea that putting some words beside the pictures, for it will make it more boring than by only language, everyone needs to read them. So no matter how vivid this method can offer and no matter what imaginations can it motivate, using images to communicate opinions to large groups of people is not a advisable way.

However, you can provide your audiences the most effective way by combining these two ways. Nowadays, we can usually see people giving an excellent lecture on TV or through Internet, using brilliant language companying with vivid images. They not only have expressed their ideas or values to people well, but also have made this communication unforgettable. In business, managers often use PowerPoint, which is one part of Microsoft Office, to show their purposes. Only a few words are needed to company with the pictures in the PowerPoint when demonstrating, meanwhile, the managers need to communicate with others by language. This method justifies a more effective way to communicate than using images and language separately.

In conclusion, I do not exclude the case that under some certain circumstances it may be more effective to communicate by only language or images. While mostly, as far as I am concerned, it is the most effective way to communicate an idea or value to large groups of people through the use of images and language simultaneously.

xiang 发表于 2004-3-23 06:53:07

首先我觉得作者的谴词造句的能力很值得我学习,呵呵
有一些个人的见解
第一,我大概了解你的思路,认为两者结合是最好的,但给我的感觉是没有把握好其中的逻辑关系,有点乱的感觉.
第二,分析不够深入透彻,为什么要两者结合,首先两者都有优点,其次两者都有不足,由于他们互补,所以缺一不可.
第三,我认为还可以从语言的起源上做一些文章,我们的老祖先在文字发明以前不就是靠简单的图形进行交流的吗?因为不方便,所以语言才会诞生.所以语言和图形的交互使用是有历史渊源的.
这些只是我的个人见解,请批评采纳

hlin 发表于 2004-3-23 12:20:22

谢谢你,对我很有帮助
页: [1]
查看完整版本: issue74,行为类,看似好写但却从未写的如此艰难