Jank 发表于 2004-6-28 10:44:21

issue 110 (历史类)

110. "When we concern ourselves with the study of history, we become storytellers. Because we can never know the past directly but must construct it by interpreting evidence, exploring history is more of a creative enterprise than it is an objective pursuit. All historians are storytellers."

当我们通过研究历史来考虑自身问题的时候,我们就会变成说故事的人。因为我们不可能直接了解过去,只有通过解释一些史料来构造历史,所以探索历史更多是一件创造性的事业而不是客观的追寻。所有的历史学家都是讲故事的人。

Syllabus
同意: 我们所学习,所获得的历史并不一定是完全客观的. 而是带有目的性的,同时具有创造性的.
1.        题目本身就是一个理由, 由于我门的知识范围的限度, 而且理解能力的不同, 渠道有限,就是对于当代发生的事情,你未必能够构造出一个真实的,何况历史,我们还不能够直接接触.
2.        speaker的理由只是历史非客观的 客观原因,更主要的来自他的主观原因.
3.        让步, 历史必须在大家公认的史事的基础上, 这是历史的特色, 也是历史比一些纯虚构的东西更加由说服力的原因.

Considering the very limited ability of the mortal and the nature of history, I totally agree with the statement above that exploring history is a creative and subjectively endeavor.

The speaker provide a very good reason that people cannot go back to see the past. The only method to explore history is to construct it by the interpreting or recording evidences from the past. As an old saying going: seeing is believing, in a sense, the undirected method dooms investigation of history to be companied with a kind subjectivity. Further, does it to be absolutely objective if one can go back to the past to seek the truth by time machine? Because it is the human to explore it but not the god, personal emotion, different cognizance ability and distinctive exploring angle must be taken into account, which results in the subjectivity of this undertaking.  

The second reason why the exploring history is a creative enterprise and the all historians are storytellers lies in the goal or function of history study. Like other disciplines, history study is served to satisfied some of human being's needs such as inspiring the young people, assisting the today people to make right decisions avoiding committing the similar mistaken that happened in the past. Given that the God helped edit a sheer objective book of human history. The book would seem contribute little useful thing to the human being directly, for two reasons. One is that the book must be enormous thick that it is hard to be finished even by costing a life's time, second is that too many information and not emphasis to one side seems easy to confuse readers and cause readers hard to grasp what the author means and what can he get from this book. The book made by God would benefit only after some processes such as extracting some content, deleting other, adding some personal emotional, or even forging and distorting some facts in order to make his history more attractive and more instructive. For example, when I was a primary school student, I was instructed from the history books that my country was once one of the strongest countries in the world, and my great ancestors made numerous contributions to the world’s civilization. And then a kind of patriotic passion aroused from my deep heart. If the history books stress the other dark and depressed history evidence that my country was once defeated or even nearly colonized, it would be less effective to instruct primary schools students to love their country.

Admittedly, any pursuits for history should be based on the relatively objective evidence. After all, distinctive from making novel, fiction, drama and other similar disciplines(是不是这个词?), the most trait of exploring history is that it functions by the power of historic evidences without which the corresponding articles or works would be less convincible and attractive.

In sum, the historic exploring is really a charming pursuit, while at the same time, the restriction of human ability and its utilitarian aim decide the subjectivity with which it takes more or less.

pooh 发表于 2004-6-28 21:54:39

When we concern ourselves with the study of history, we become storytellers. Because we can never know the past directly but must construct it by interpreting evidence, exploring history is more of a creative enterprise than it is an objective pursuit. All historians are storytellers."

当我们通过研究历史来考虑自身问题的时候,我们就会变成说故事的人。因为我们不可能直接了解过去,只有通过解释一些史料来构造历史,所以探索历史更多是一件创造性的事业而不是客观的追寻。所有的历史学家都是讲故事的人。

Syllabus
同意: 我们所学习,所获得的历史并不一定是完全客观的. 而是带有目的性的,同时具有创造性的.
1. 题目本身就是一个理由, 由于我门的知识范围的限度, 而且理解能力的不同, 渠道有限,就是对于当代发生的事情,你未必能够构造出一个真实的,何况历史,我们还不能够直接接触.
2. speaker的理由只是历史非客观的 客观原因,更主要的来自他的主观原因.
3. 让步, 历史必须在大家公认的史事的基础上, 这是历史的特色, 也是历史比一些纯虚构的东西更加由说服力的原因.

Considering the very limited ability of the mortal and the nature of history, I totally agree with the statement above that exploring history is a creative and subjectively endeavor.

The speaker provide a very good reason that people cannot go back to see the past. The only method to explore history is to construct it by the interpreting or recording evidences from the past. As an old saying going(goes): seeing is believing, in a sense, the undirected method dooms investigation of history to be companied with a kind (of)subjectivity. Further, does it to be absolutely objective if one can go back to the past to seek the truth by time machine? (这句最好用虚拟语气) Because it is the human to explore it but not the god, personal emotion, different cognizance (cognitive) ability and distinctive exploring angle must be taken into account, which results in the subjectivity of this undertaking. 缺少实例,论证还算是成功的

The second reason why the exploring history is a creative enterprise and the all(all the,注意这些语法的细节!) historians are storytellers lies in the goal or function of history study. Like other disciplines, history study is served to satisfied some of human being's needs such as inspiring the young people, assisting the today people (people today)to make right decisions avoiding committing the similar mistaken (mistakes)that happened in the past. Given that the God helped edit a sheer objective book of human history. The book would seem contribute little useful thing to the human being directly, for two reasons. One is that the book must be enormous thick that it is hard to be finished even by costing a life's time, second is that too many information and not emphasis to one side seems easy to confuse readers and cause readers hard to grasp what the author means and what can he get from this book. The book made by God would benefit only after some processes such as extracting some content, deleting other, adding some personal emotional, or even forging and distorting some facts in order to make his history more attractive and more instructive. For example, when I was a primary school student, I was instructed from the history books that my country was once one of the strongest countries in the world, and my great ancestors made numerous contributions to the world's civilization. And then a kind of patriotic passion aroused from my deep heart. If the history books stress the other dark and depressed history evidence that my country was once defeated or even nearly colonized, it would be less effective to instruct primary schools students to love their country.本段的构想比较有新意,但是有些冗长,建议将那个上帝写的历史书的想象更简练的表达出来,或者去掉,因为后面有个例子就足够解释了。而且你这个构想有些节外生枝,我认为你本段前几句才是说到了重点,这个分论点找的是十分有力的,为什么不展开论述一下? 另外,这个例子不很恰当,因为实际是,教科书里的确有提到不光彩的历史,你应该将重点放在历史的教化作用上!比如说:国家有意塑造某个英雄。需要强调的是你最终的落足点是为了证明历史不是客观的,然而却在最后没有将论证收回到这一点是十分可惜的。

Admittedly, any pursuits for history should be based on the relatively objective evidence. (没有人问你should 不should 客观性,而是问你现实情况中有没有有做到客观性) After all, distinctive from making novel, fiction, drama and other similar disciplines(是不是这个词? 用realm 或 field吧), the most trait of exploring history is that it functions by the power of historic evidences without which the corresponding articles or works would be less convincible and attractive.

In sum, the historic exploring is really a charming pursuit, while at the same time, the restriction of human ability and its utilitarian aim decide the subjectivity with which it takes more or less.前半句有点莫名其妙,后半句的定语从句不太通顺,另外,建议开头和结尾写的丰满些,这是高分作文的特点

tianxing 发表于 2004-6-28 22:24:05

Considering the very limited ability of the mortal and the nature of history, I totally agree with the statement above that exploring history is a creative and subjectively 应该用形容词形式吧 endeavor.

The speaker provide 还是要多注意主谓一致的问题呀! a very good reason that people cannot go back to see the past. The only method to explore history is to construct it by the interpreting or recording 用-ed吧?evidences from the past. As an old saying goinggoes? : seeing is believing, in a sense, the undirected method dooms investigation of history to be companied with a kind subjectivity. Further, does it to be absolutely objective if one can go back to the past to seek the truth by time machine? Because it is the human to explore it but not the god, personal emotion, different cognizance ability and distinctive exploring angle must be taken into account, which results result in the subjectivity of this undertaking.

The second reason why the exploring history is a creative enterprise and the all historians are storytellers lies in the goal or function of history study. Like other disciplines, history study is served to satisfied some of human being's needs such as inspiring the young people, assisting the today people contemporary person to make right decisions avoiding committing the similar mistaken mistakes that happened in the past. Given that the God helped edit a sheer objective book of human history. The book would seem to contribute little useful thing to the human being directly, for two reasons. One is that the book must be enormous thick that it is hard to be finished even by costing a life's time, second is that too many information and not emphasis to one side seems easy to confuse readers and cause readers hard to grasp what the author means and what can he 应该与前面的readers对应吧? get from this book. The book made by God would benefit only after some processes such as extracting some content, deleting other, adding some personal emotional, or even forging and distorting some facts in order to make his history more attractive and more instructive. For example, when I was a primary school student, I was instructed from the history books that my country was once one of the strongest countries in the world, and my great ancestors made numerous contributions to the world’s civilization. And then a kind of patriotic passion aroused from my deep heart. If the history books stress the other dark and depressed history evidence that my country was once defeated or even nearly colonized, it would be less effective to instruct primary schools students to love their country.

Admittedly, any pursuits for history should be based on the relatively objective evidence. After all, distinctive from making novel, fiction, drama and other similar disciplines(是不是这个词?)学科?用这个词不太精确把 , the most trait of exploring history is that it functions by the power of historic evidences without which the corresponding articles or works would be less convincible and attractive.

In sum, the historic exploring is really a charming pursuit, while at the same time, the restriction of human ability and its utilitarian aim decide the subjectivity with which it takes more or less.

感觉第三段相比较而言太长了,不妨拆成两段,是全文结构更平衡一些,拙见 :)

Jank 发表于 2004-6-29 11:04:20

谢谢 各位的指点~~  
真的是一针见血~
to  pooh jj : 请问就是开头,结尾如何在段时间内写的丰满点? 给点经验把:)  如果按照孙远书上那么写,感觉要时间不够哦, 用模板的化, 很难找到几个合适的模板.

pooh 发表于 2004-6-29 16:10:32

开头要有背景铺垫,你可以说些现实情况或是问题的现状来源等,然后集中到一点,那就是你的论点。

结尾,首先要充分的陈述你论点的理由,就是你各个段的分论点,该补充的补充,该引申的引申,或者单单表述清楚你的分论就足够了。一般来说只用一个句子结尾是没有力度。
页: [1]
查看完整版本: issue110 (历史类)