panmingming 发表于 2005-4-7 16:32:38

Issue8 第1篇 让砖头来得更猛烈些吧!

------摘要------
作者:寄托家园作文版普通用户     共用时间:45分6秒     506 words
从2005年3月7日15时37分到2005年3月7日16时45分
------题目------
It is often necessary, even desirable, for political leaders to withhold information from the public.
------正文------
From the argument above, we can easily get the information of arguer that the political officials should always keep their task problems and common issues in secret from the public, which is good for both politicians and public. Though in some circumstances it is true, in others it is not proper or even worse for the whole society.

The claim from the arguer does not stand at the right point because the information can be divided into two categories whether it is harmful for the public to know or not, therefore, some of the information should keep in secret while others will do the public good when published.

At the first place, the political officers are elected by the citizens, especially in democratic countries, so every one would want to know whether their choosed political officials have done the right things or done a good job as they wish. When the information of that aspect was known by people, the significant effect is not only the development of our society which would satisfy the public but the people’s deep confidence on the political officials and great reputation of them. There is a good case in point that it can surely support my view. When the papers, TV news program, and radio broadcast have respectively told the public that our country have developed to a new level of economy, such as the productivity of industry increased by 15 percent from last year and the decrease of the number of unemployment. From this piece of information, when public seeing it, can it make the society unstable? Of course not, it can make people more cheering and doing their job with more efforts. Then I can't understand why the political leader should withhold such piece of information from the public as the arguer claimed above.

At the second place, everything has two aspects, as an old saying that every coin has two sides. We can not analyze the issue in one aspect, especially the good one. For many times, people tend to see the good aspect of things, because they do not want to be in despair and unhappy. In many countries, the political issues are not always satisfactory by the public, such as the decrease in economy, increasing number of unemployment and the conflicts with other countries. Many of these bad issues are not the ones that can make people happy but disappointed. When public get to know the stuff like that, the effect would not be good, even worse. So at this point, concerning the effect of these bad news on the stability of our society, I agree with the author that it is desirable to withhold this type of information from the public.

In conclusion, without the fully detailed circumstances, the claim of the arguer can not get the firm support. As I described above, the political information whether can be published is determined by its value that is good for public or not. We can not withhold all the political information like the arguer's claim.

cythia1 发表于 2005-4-8 11:20:21

------摘要------
作者:寄托家园作文版普通用户 共用时间:45分6秒 506 words
从2005年3月7日15时37分到2005年3月7日16时45分
------题目------
It is often necessary, even desirable, for political leaders to withhold information from the public.
------正文------
From the argument above, we can easily get the information of arguer that the political officials should always keep their task problems and common issues in secret from the public, which is good for both politicians and public. Though in some circumstances it is true, in others it is not proper or even worse for the whole society.

The claim from the arguer does not stand at the right point because the information can be divided into two categories whether it is harmful for the public to know or not, therefore, some of the information should keep in secret while others will do the public good when published.

At the first place, the political officers are elected by the citizens, especially in democratic countries, so every one would want to know whether their choosed (chose)political officials have done the right things or done a good job as they wish(换表达)When the information of that aspect was known by people,(?).  the significant effect is not only the development of our society which would satisfy the public but the people’s deep confidence on the political officials and great reputation of them. There is a good case in point that it can surely support my view. When the papers, TV news program, and radio broadcast have respectively told the public that our country have developed to a new level of economy, such as the productivity of industry increased by 15 percent from last year and the decrease of the number of unemployment. From this piece of information, when public seeing it, can it make the society unstable? Of course not, it can make people more cheering and doing their job with more efforts. Then I can't understand why the political leader should withhold such piece of information from the public as the arguer claimed above.

At the second place, everything has two aspects, as an old saying that every coin has two sides.(连续两句有废话嫌疑) We can not analyze the issue in one aspect, especially the good one. For many times, people tend to see the good aspect of things, because they do not want to be in despair and unhappy. In many countries, the political issues are not always satisfactory by the public, such as the decrease in economy, increasing number of unemployment and the conflicts with other countries. Many of these bad issues are not the ones that can make people happy but disappointed. When public get to know the stuff like that, the effect would not be good, even worse. So at this point, concerning the effect of these bad news on the stability of our society, I agree with the author that it is desirable to withhold this type of information from the public.
不是好的方面,像经济衰退就应该隐瞒吗?公众也应该有权知道啊。

In conclusion, without the fully detailed circumstances, the claim of the arguer can not get the firm support. As I described above, the political information whether can be published is determined by its value that is good for public or not. We cannot withhold all the political information like the arguer's claim.

45min内能写这么多,还没有什么拼写语法错误,不错。其他的优点就不提了。说一下我的感觉
1、语言还需加强,很多地方都是中国式英语的表达
2、总体感觉论证立足点没有选好,难道政府只应该说些好听的,报喜不报忧?应该是关系到国家安全机密,会引起社会恐慌的信息不能向公众透露吧。
以上纯属个人意见,仅供参考。

panmingming 发表于 2005-4-9 19:11:24

thank you very much

I really appreciate the judgement you gived to me, which it is very helpful. And I would improve it next time.
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 求砖 Issue8 第1篇 让砖头来得更猛烈些吧!