千年一叹2000 发表于 2005-4-13 10:29:38

arg大概的字数要求

ARG有无大概的字数要求,下面这篇习作394字,可以吗?
------题目4------
The following was posted on an Internet real estate discussion site.
'Of the two leading real estate firms in our town—Adams Realty and Fitch Realty—Adams is clearly superior. Adams has 40 real estate agents. In contrast, Fitch has 25, many of whom work only part-time. Moreover, Adams' revenue last year was twice as high as that of Fitch, and included home sales that averaged $168,000, compared to Fitch's $144,000. Homes listed with Adams sell faster as well: ten years ago, I listed my home with Fitch and it took more than four months to sell; last year, when I sold another home, I listed it with Adams, and it took only one month. Thus, if you want to sell your home quickly and at a good price, you should use Adams.'
------正文------
Based on the evidence that Adams Realty has 40 real estate agents while Fitch Realty has 25, the author claims that Adams is clearly superior. To strengthen this claim, the author provides other faces, such as the revenue of the Adams last year and the home average sales, and introduce the author's own experience to point out that Adams could sell your home quickly and at a good price. The reasoning in this argument is problematic in several respects.

First of all,  the fact that Adams has 40 real estate, in contrast, Fitch has 25, many of whom work only part-time lends little support to the argument. The author provide no evidence that the efficiency of  Adams is superior to  Fitch, and how many agents in the Fitch who work part-time. Lacking such evidence, the author can not convincing me that Adams is clearly superior to Fitch.

Secondly, the author cites that Adams' revenue last year was twice as high as that of Fitch and included the home average sales of Adams is higher than that of Fitch. The evidence, however, also supply little support with the conclusion. The revenue in the last year may be just a distinction, and what is more, the author provides no evidence that the home condition of Adams is the same  as Fitch's. Common sense informs me that the home condition is the significant factor to sell the home.The author must address the argument before I can accept the conclusion.

Thirdly, it is too hasty to point to that Adams could sell your home quickly and at a good price rested on the author own experience. The social economic might be changed during the ten years. In addition, the condition of the home that the author sold ten years age might  have been not better than that of last year. Without providing more convincing evidence, the author can not convince me that Adams could sell your home quickly and at a good price.

In conclusion, the facts and the evidence cited in this argument are vague and incomplete, thus does not supply strong support with the conclusion that the author maintains. To make it logically acceptable, the author would have to find out the real reasons that Adams is clearly superior to Fitch. Only with more convincing evidence could the argument become more than just an emotional appeal.

Henrry_FF 发表于 2005-4-13 10:46:57

其实字数没有什么具体的限制,只是要做到论证深入,我想450左右是必须的,大概看了看你的中间段落,比较起高分的范文,develop有点不足,没段要是能在多那么一两句那么分数可以再上去一点的,加油:)

千年一叹2000 发表于 2005-4-13 10:55:59

太感谢Henrry-FF了!拍的对呀!若我中间段再展开点,字数也可以多些.太感谢你了!你是第一个拍我习作的人!THANKS SO MUCH!
页: [1]
查看完整版本: arg大概的字数要求