elvo1982 发表于 2005-5-12 00:08:13

issue43 第一次发issue 未限时 有点长 互改互改

各位战友帮改改~~~有改一定回改~~~ 有点点长。。未限时的恶果。。忘各位战友耐心少少 //tea all

Issue 43: "To be an effective leader, a public official must maintain the highest ethical and moral standards."

想法:总体来说同意这种说法,但是the highest显得很绝对,是个很好的驳斥点。
提纲:

首段: Agree with the statement with my own reservations. It is essential for a public official to be an effective leader to always keep in his mind a high ethical and moral standard, yet, not necessarily the highest. (TS)

B1:从public official自身来看,maintain一个较高的道德水平是做一个effective leader的内在保证。
B2:从外部来看,必须要有一个较高的道德水平,一个public official 才能赢得人们的信任,才可能变成一个effective leader.
B3:补充论证一个effective leader并不需要maintain最高的道德水平,第一:达不到。第二:有时highest与做一个effective leader相冲突。

结尾: 转述beginning的话,概括B1,B2,B3的内容。

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
正文:
I agree with the statement above with my own reservations. In the modern society with many allurements filled in, undoubtedly, it is essential for a public official to be an effective leader to always keep in his mind a high ethical and moral standard, yet, not necessarily the highest.

In the first place, as an effective leader, a public official must take into consideration the interests of all the people in his group he leads and delegates, and often he has to give up his individual interests to the interests of the whole group. It is the high ethical and moral standard keeping in an effective leader's mind that guarantees he always chooses to do the right thing for the whole group rather than himself when the interests of the collectivity and of himself conflict. The unethical or immoral characters just as selfishness, avarice, dishonesty, and lechery etc., are fatal for a public official to be an effective leader, because the one with these weaknesses in his character is easy to be influenced by allurements as money, power, beauty, and so forth. Simply put, you are the Chief Executive of a state. And if you are selfish, greedy, or libidinous, what would you do when facing one 100 million dollars' check or a beauty as Marilyn Monroe sent by a corporation and been told you are free of public supervision? Still reject the project of the corporation which could be harm to the people living in the state or help the corporation carry out this project with your special power? It will be hard to explain why a selfish and greedy official chooses the former. So, we cannot expect a public official with ethic or moral flaws could be an effective leader.

The second, in a democratic country like United States, the officials are always elected and supervised by all the people they lead. A public official must maintain a high ethical and moral standard to make the public believe that he is just the right one to lead them, or he will fall down from where he rose up. The Watergate Case is a good example here. When President Richard Nixon's dishonesty and improper operations in the reelection was revealed to the public, people in this nation doubted if Nixon was still reliable and had the qualification to be the President. At last, Nixon was impeached and became the first one in American history to resign during his term of President. And another example is President Bill Clinton's sexual scandal. Though it did not lead to a resignation, President Clinton's prestige was seriously influenced. Either Nixon or Clinton is not an effective leader for their unethical or immortal characters.

However, maintaining a highest ethical and moral standard is not practical for an effective leader. For the first thing, it is hard or seems impossible to reach the highest ethical and moral standard. We have to admit that every human being has his own weakness and shortness in his characters, then, in fact, the highest ethical and moral standard should only be kept in Bible as an ideal guidance for human beings. Secondarily, sometimes the highest ethical and moral standard conflicts with the interests of most people. For example, it is brutal to kill animals for their meat in terms of some highest ethical and moral standards, then should our officials bring out an act prohibiting us from having meat? I think it is really a bad news for human beings because most of us are flesh eaters, and it is fallacious for an official to do this.

In sum, in our modern society, keeping a high ethical and mortal standard in mind is the insurance for a public official to always do the right thing for all the people he leads and win their trust, which will finally lead him to an effective leader. And still we have to remember that what we need is an effective leader, not a severe moralist.

[ 本帖最后由 iq28 于 2007-6-26 02:22 编辑 ]

davidjacky 发表于 2005-5-12 00:35:11

issue43 第一次发issue 未限时 有点长 互改互改

各位战友帮改改~~~有改一定回改~~~ 有点点长。。未限时的恶果。。忘各位战友耐心少少 //tea all

Issue 43: "To be an effective leader, a public official must maintain the highest ethical and moral standards."

想法:总体来说同意这种说法,但是the highest显得很绝对,是个很好的驳斥点。
提纲:

首段: Agree with the statement with my own reservations. It is essential for a public official to be an effective leader to always keep in his mind a high ethical and moral standard, yet, not necessarily the highest. (TS)很好

B1:从public official自身来看,maintain一个较高的道德水平是做一个effective leader的内在保证。
B2:从外部来看,必须要有一个较高的道德水平,一个public official 才能赢得人们的信任,才可能变成一个effective leader.
B3:补充论证一个effective leader并不需要maintain最高的道德水平,第一:达不到。第二:有时highest与做一个effective leader相冲突。

结尾: 转述beginning的话,概括B1,B2,B3的内容。

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
正文:
I agree with the statement above with my own reservations. In the modern society with many allurements filled in, undoubtedly, it is essential for a public official to be an effective leader to always keep in his mind a high ethical and moral standard, yet, not necessarily the highest.非常好的开头,简洁明了

In the first place, as an effective leader, a public official must take into consideration the interests of all the people in his group he leads and delegates, and often he has to give up his individual interests to the interests of the whole group. It is the high ethical and moral standard keeping in an effective leader's mind that guarantees he always chooses to do the right thing for the whole group rather than himself when the interests of the collectivity and of himself conflict. The unethical or immoral characters just as selfishness, avarice, dishonesty, and lechery etc., are fatal for a public official to be an effective leader, because the one with these weaknesses in his character is easy to be influenced by allurements as money, power, beauty, and so forth. Simply put, you are the Chief Executive of a state. And if you are selfish, greedy, or libidinous, what would you do when facing one 100 million dollars' check or a beauty as Marilyn Monroe sent by a corporation and been told you are free of public supervision? Still reject the project of the corporation which could be harm to the people living in the state or help the corporation carry out this project with your special power? It will be hard to explain why a selfish and greedy official chooses the former. So, we cannot expect a public official with ethic or moral flaws could be an effective leader.深入分析instinct的东西需要EL维持高标准,好个人性主导

The second, in a democratic country like United States, the officials are always elected and supervised by all the people they lead. A public official must maintain a high ethical and moral standard to make the public believe that he is just the right one to lead them, or he will fall down from where he rose up. The Watergate Case is a good example here. When President Richard Nixon's dishonesty and improper operations in the reelection was revealed to the public, people in this nation doubted if Nixon was still reliable and had the qualification to be the President. At last, Nixon was impeached and became the first one in American history to resign during his term of President. And another example is President Bill Clinton's sexual scandal. Though it did not lead to a resignation, President Clinton's prestige was seriously influenced. Either Nixon or Clinton is not an effective leader for their unethical or immortal characters.这两个经典例子写的可圈可点

However, maintaining a highest ethical and moral standard is not practical for an effective leader. For the first thing, it is hard or seems impossible to reach the highest ethical and moral standard. We have to admit that every human being has his own weakness and shortness in his characters, then, in fact, the highest ethical and moral standard should only be kept in Bible as an ideal guidance for human beings. Secondarily, sometimes the highest ethical and moral standard conflicts with the interests of most people. For example, it is brutal to kill animals for their meat in terms of some highest ethical and moral standards, then should our officials bring out an act prohibiting us from having meat? I think it is really a bad news for human beings because most of us are flesh eaters, and it is fallacious for an official to do this.

In sum, in our modern society, keeping a high ethical and mortal standard in mind is the insurance for a public official to always do the right thing for all the people he leads and win their trust, which will finally lead him to an effective leader. And still we have to remember that what we need is an effective leader, not a severe moralist.

写的非常好,推精了,新人能写这样流利的文章实属不易,加油,大家也过来讨论一下,学习一下

[ Last edited by davidjacky on 2005-5-12 at 00:36 ]

elvo1982 发表于 2005-5-12 02:02:51

谢谢斑竹推荐了,受宠若惊了~~~~刚才在改其他人的作文~~就没出来看到~~~

我这篇文章查了一些资料~~写这种政治类的文章我都不太会~~写的时间拖得太长乐~整整用了半天~~考虑要限时来准备写后面的了~~~

大家都加油了,互相帮助~~:):):)

OB叔 发表于 2005-5-12 09:45:28

cheer up

it very good for greenhorn

:)

OB叔 发表于 2005-5-12 09:46:41

up

passionlk 发表于 2005-5-12 10:26:38

Frankly speaking,I don't quite agree with the author.The evidence provided seems not cogent enough to make me believe.
Anyway,i really  envy the author for his ability to express his view clearly and acurately.SO let's get down to business then:)

Pay more attention to your diction and vocabulary used.It will bring  you to a brand new level.To be specific,some words you used are not expressive enough as you may think.try to think about the difference between those synonyms,they can be of great difference.Use an english-english dictionary may help you better understand  and use the words.

charliehy 发表于 2005-5-12 10:31:19

粗看了一下,对elvo1982的文章很佩服啊,第一次写就……,羡慕。回去慢慢看了。
顶一下。
还有谢谢你对我的文章的修改。:)

禾日因心 发表于 2005-5-12 17:11:57

写的真不错,思路清晰,论证有力,要向elvo1982好好学习下呀

elvo1982 发表于 2005-5-12 22:53:26

Originally posted by passionlk at 2005-5-12 10:26
Frankly speaking,I don't quite agree with the author.The evidence provided seems not cogent enough to make me believe.
Anyway,i really  envy the author for his ability to express his view clearly and acurately.SO let's get down to business then

Pay more attention to your diction and vocabulary used.It will bring  you to a brand new level.To be specific,some words you used are not expressive enough as you may think.try to think about the difference between those synonyms,they can be of great difference.Use an english-english dictionary may help you better understand  and use the words.

Thanks for your comments.:)

To be honest, I am quite poor in vocabulary, when I face these synonyms just like lechery and libidious,cruel and brutal, my mind will be a blank. I am trying to improve that since I realize this awkward situation. And I will be more careful in using the words that I am not familiar with next time.

Also, thanks for your recommendation,I think it's quite necessary for me to buy one  MW dictionary tomorrow.:)

[ Last edited by elvo1982 on 2005-5-12 at 23:34 ]

elvo1982 发表于 2005-5-12 23:14:26

还想给大家请教下我在这题中的一些疑问~~我觉得的两个关键词~

1.effictive leader该怎么理解?是否做对大多数人有好处的事情的leader就可以说得上effective?

2.highest ethical and moral standards究竟是怎么评判的?按西方国家的标准是什么?是圣经么?或者是到具体有哪些?我完全是空白.....还有我又查了一下圣经并没有规定一定要吃素~~大汗...

另:thanks to Orange&Blue:)

to charliehy  禾日因心 and all: 大家互相学习~~多多探讨哈~~:)

davidjacky 发表于 2005-5-13 00:56:07

第一,effective应该就是工作有效率、有个人的charisma、能够领导团队的英雄吧

第二,最高的标准是永远不太可能实现的 标准,我想可以不去管它,可以抓住必要性来写就可以了吧。至于说B3的例子信不信服,还好了,写的比较流畅,至少我这么认为了。

elvo1982 发表于 2005-5-13 01:18:11

Originally posted by davidjacky at 2005-5-13 00:56
第一,effective应该就是工作有效率、有个人的charisma、能够领导团队的英雄吧

第二,最高的标准是永远不太可能实现的 标准,我想可以不去管它,可以抓住必要性来写就可以了吧。至于说B3的例子信不信服,还好了,写的比较流畅,至少我这么认为了。  

谢谢版主了~~又想了一下,我提到的为大多数人利益着想是成为effective leader 的一个条件.而"保持一个高的道德观念"又是"为为大多数人利益着想"的必要条件.所以要成为effective leader就要"保持一个高的道德观念",没什么问题的说~~刚才想得太偏有点转不过弯了........:L

恩,就抓住这个必要性写.B3的例子又想了一下我的本意并没有说吃素是highest的道德标准,而是brutal是道德上不推崇的.也该没什么问题~~~看来是想太多了....汗~~~

if_lotus 发表于 2005-5-13 22:35:03

个人认为这是道"问题解决型"题目.

--赞成:觉着应该重点论述一下effcetive和ethical and moral standards的关系(说明why)
--反对:其他可以effcetive的方法,bla bla bla

比较不明白的就是effcetive的定义/例子.

关于ethics和moral,新东方修锐是这么解释的:
ethics--个人的是非标准(真善美)和家庭伦理
moral--群体规范(国家/社会)
我刚才查了韦氏的解释,感觉和老师讲的有矛盾的地方.
大家讨论一下这两个词的含义啊?

elvo1982 发表于 2005-5-14 01:56:03

我是这样想的,我不管effective还有其他什么定义,我抓住一点,不为他所领导下的人着想的leader就不算是effective.都可以找一点来说,不如何如何就不算effective,然后后面的论述就比较轻松了.

然后ethics和moral,版主也建议过只抓必要性来写,如果真的要考究这个的具体含义的话,那会很麻烦的.宗教?世界观?种族?都会有不同的理解.

总体感觉找个自己熟悉的点来展开写就好了~~

if_lotus 发表于 2005-5-14 20:25:03

可是在下认为,这三个词都是文中的key word,如果回避不写或写得模糊不清会扣分的。
ETS会认为你没有充分理解题目。
页: [1] 2
查看完整版本: issue43 第一次发issue 未限时 有点长 互改互改