- 4138 小时
发表于 2016-7-12 15:58:23
本帖最后由 若如此 于 2016-7-16 16:02 编辑 |
第5类： Leadership （共15题，其中6题重复）
举例：issue 50<86, 115, 139>: Government officials should rely on their own judgment rather than unquestioningly carry out the will of the people they serve.
8 Claim: In any field¡abusiness, politics, education, government¡athose in power should step down after five years.
Reason: The surest path to success for any enterprise is revitalization through new leadership.
10 Nations should pass laws to preserve any remaining wilderness areas in their natural state, even if these areas could be developed for economic gain.
16 Some people believe that in order to be effective, political leaders must yield to public opinion and abandon principle for the sake of compromise. Others believe that the most essential quality of an effective leader is the ability to remain consistently committed to particular principles and objectives.
56) Many important discoveries or creations are accidental: it is usually while seeking the answer to one question that we come across the answer to another.
62 Leaders are created by the demands that are placed on them.
67) Some people believe that society should try to save every plant and animal species, despite the expense to humans in effort, time, and financial well-being. Others believe that society need not make extraordinary efforts, especially at a great cost in money and jobs, to save endangered species.
69) Some people believe it is often necessary, even desirable, for political leaders to withhold information from the public. Others believe that the public has a right to be fully informed.
90) Educators should take students' interests into account when planning the content of the courses they teach.
104) To be an effective leader, a public official must maintain the highest ethical and moral standards.
109) Some people believe that scientific discoveries have given us a much better understanding of the world around us. Others believe that science has revealed to us that the world is infinitely more complex than we ever realized.
114) Any leader who is quickly and easily influenced by shifts in popular opinion will accomplish little.
121) Some people claim that you can tell whether a nation is great by looking at the achievements of its rulers, artists, or scientists. Others argue that the surest indicator of a great nation is, in fact, the general welfare of all its people.
123) The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry, or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation, not competition.
129) College students should base their choice of a field of study on the availability of jobs in that field.
130) Some people believe that corporations have a responsibility to promote the well-being of the societies and environments in which they operate. Others believe that the only responsibility of corporations, provided they operate within the law, is to make as much money as possible.
132) Some people believe that our ever-increasing use of technology significantly reduces our opportunities for human interaction. Other people believe that technology provides us with new and better ways to communicate and connect with one another.