寄托天下 寄托天下
查看: 3766|回复: 0
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[i习作temp] Issue 138 “Only through mistakes can there be discovery or progress .” [复制链接]

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-3-14
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2010-5-10 19:21:04 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
上周写的一篇作文,分享给大家
Issue 138 Only through mistakes can there be discovery or progress .
The speaker asserts that discovery and progress are made only through mistakes . I strongly agree with this contention that mistakes are the mother of the success . We can see this from our daily life to seience and from ancient through now .
To begin with , the contention accords with our everyday experience as human from early childhood through adulthood ,such as learning how to walk by falling down again and again , the first time to ride a bike , and mistakes on the exams . Actually speaking , we often make mistakes and we can make progress and discoverty
through learning and rethinging from them . I want to talk about my bike learning experience more . I made so many mistakes or fialed so many times , nevertheless , I won the game through mistakes . All these examples can prove that only through mistakes can there be discovery or progress .

Moreover , we can understand this simple but true theory by history of sicence , that mistakes can make discovery or progress . Greek philosopher Aristole , in his book On the Heaven , was able to prove that earth was a round sphere rather than a hat plate and he thought earth was the center of the universe . We know Aristole made mistakes , however , physics made prgress and discovery . After then , Mikolaj Kopernik proposed heliocentric theory that the sun is the center of the universe . In addition , the Greman , Johannes Kelpler and the Italian , Galileo Glilei all suppouted his theory
by observation and research . However , we see that sun is not the cneter of the universe , even no center of the universe because of no boundary of the universe . We have seen that human make progress or discovery through making mistakes .

Finally , I can prove my opinion through a very significant example . For people of the days of the days of Newton might have thought that Newtons laws of motion is the ultinatic law of the world and it represented all motions successfully . But , today we know that Newtonian mechanics is not applicable to extremely small particles or to partcles moving with velocities comparable to the speed of light . For such paticles, Newtonian mechanics is not applicable and the more recent theories of quantum mechanics and relativity must be applied . So we have seen sicence is not always true but we can make progress from mistakes . You cannot make progress and success if you dont have a try because you are afriad of making a mistake .
In conclusion , I primarily agree with the speakers opinion that only throuth mistakes can there be discovery or progress . We have seen that it is correct through many effective examples and analysis that the only sourse of discovery or progress are mistakes . The most important of all , we should not stop because you are afraid of making mistakes , in contract , you should always have a try althouth it may be incorrect .
America or Bust!
回应

使用道具 举报

RE: Issue 138 “Only through mistakes can there be discovery or progress .” [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子
Issue 138 “Only through mistakes can there be discovery or progress .”
https://bbs.gter.net/thread-1095912-1-1.html
复制链接
发送
关闭

站长推荐

寄托24周年庆,发祝福送寄托币!
寄托24岁生日,邀请寄托的小伙伴在本命年周年庆发出你对寄托的祝福, 可以是简单的一句“生日快乐”, 送出祝福小伙伴将会有寄托币奖励!

查看 »

报offer 祈福 爆照
回顶部