声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-9-18
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-8-3 15:45:04 |显示全部楼层
8.3 处女作 请大家不要笔下留情

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? A job with more vacation time but a low salary is better than a job with a high salary but less vacation time.

When I graduate from the university, some of my classmates chose to pursue a job with more free time, but others found jobs in companies with less time to relax. High salary can allow me to enhance my living standards, while more free time will enable me to do things I am really interested in. So, from my point of view, a high salary is more important when I am young. As I become older, I will need more time to relax and truly enjoy the life.

When I am still young, as about 20 to 40 years old, I will do everything I can to make an achievement in my career, even at the cost of losing my leisure time. A success in career will help me make enough money and my family will feel proud of me. If I can get high salary from my job, I can give my family what they want. For example, when my wife is shopping in the mall, she will not hesitate to buy luxury goods she really likes such as LV bags, because her husband has made enough money. In addition, if I have a job with high salary, my children will be proud of their father. In this case, it will help activate their own ambition to set up a career when they grow up.

However, as I become older, 45 years old or older, I will choose a job with more spare time. This will allow me to do many things to better enjoy the life. I will spend some time to travel to many places of interest around the world, like the Eiffel Tower in Paris, statue of liberty in New York, the opera house and bondi beach in Sydney. The trip will help me relax and better understand the nature and human. Also, I will have much more time to do exercise to keep in good health. For example, I like playing basketball and table tennis and when I have enough time, I will play these games twice a week. These will not only keep me in agile mind but also let me get pleasure from life.

To sum up, it will be too assertive to judge which kind of job is better without taking into account of age. In my opinion, as during different periods people always have different goals, so it will be better to choose according these goals. When we are young, we should take more time to work and make money, as we get old, we should spend more time to enjoy life and relax ourselves.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-7-17
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-8-4 13:21:06 |显示全部楼层
小修改~~
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?立即注册

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-4-12
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-8-5 12:37:25 |显示全部楼层
谢谢评语呢~~以下是个人意见~:loveliness:
长跑

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-9-18
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-8-5 14:14:28 |显示全部楼层
8.5-by flywinding

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Younger school children (ages five to ten) should be required to study art and music in addition to math, science, history and language.

In the rapidly developing society, young children always have to learn many skills and knowledge to cope with their daily life and make a living when they grow up. In addition to many normally subjects such as math, science, nature and so on, most parents and schools urge their younger children to learn more like art, music and panting. In my opinion, although learning art and music will take some time from their happy childhood, it is worthy to learn these subjects because they will make children’s life more meaningful and colourful.

To begin with, learning something about art and music can help children earn more opportunities for choosing their careers. Sooner or later, the children will have to find jobs to make some contribution to the society and make money to support the whole family. Compared with employees who know nothing about art and music, the employees with a general knowledge of music or art will have more choices. For example, Langlang, who is the most famous pianist in our country, was forced to learn music when he was five. When he grew up, he had choices of being a scientist or being a musician. Since he loves music so much, he chose the latter one and now he was one of the most well-known musicians in the world. If there wasn’t the music class he was forced to take in, there would not be the notable musician.

Even art and music class may not help children succeed in those areas, they will definitely make their life more colourful. Knowing something about art and music will, children can enter all kinds of student groups and leagues. For instance, I started to play cello since I was seven. As soon as I enter the university, I joined in the Arc, one of the student leagues. In the group I shared the same interest with other students. We established a band and performed to the students just on campus. What more, I met my girlfriend there who has become an important part of my life. The people in the group, the time we spent together and the activities we organized together have become the memorable part of my life and make our life so colourful.

Someone may argue that learning art and music is a waste of time, students should spend more time on the basic subjects such as math and language to learn them better. At first glance, it may be true, since students have to be professional for the future competing working condition. Scientific research reveals that students who spent most time on the same boring things cannot concentrate themselves. So, children should learn something interesting such as music and art. For example, a art class can be added between the language and math class to help students relax. In this way, children will be more efficient when they learning math.

In a nutshell, art and music class can help children become more competitive when they are choosing their jobs, make their life more colourful and help them become more efficient with their study. Since all these are the key factors for a child to reach success in his/her future life, there is no reason for students not to learn art and music.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-9-18
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-8-10 15:46:52 |显示全部楼层
8.10 by flywinding

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Movies and TV programs made in one’s own country are more interesting than those made in other countries.

Every country has all kinds of TV programs and movies with their own style and language, providing a way of entertainment for people around the world. As more and more sophisticated technologies used in these movies and TV programs, they become so fascinating that virtually nobody will be able to escape. In my point of view, the movies and TV programs from other countries are more attractive by providing way of learning their cultures, histories and foreign languages.

To begin with, watching films and TV programs produced by other countries can help people learn different kinds of cultures. For example, American are fond of esteeming individual heroism and cooperation among colleagues. Through the TV programs on live, we knowledge that during the 2010 final of NBA, because of the individual capacity and players' cooperation, Kobe Bryant led the Los Angeles Lakes beat off the Boston Celtics and won the final game. Through the series Counter 24 Hours, we can learn how Jack copes with the terrorists with his own courage and the teamwork of CTU. Michael Scofield in the Prison Break also shows his charming characteristics and heroism teaching us to be brave to gain our own privilege and freedom. And also, films and TV programs of Japanese show a great deal of scientific imagining. Every country has its own culture and custom and through the films and TV programs, we can truly know something about the whole country.

In addition, films and TV programs can provide us a more interesting way to learn foreign country's history than the historical lessons in class. In many films and TV programs, the themes are often connected with the historical events which we can learn unconsciously. For instance, the film Forest Gump links all the main events of America in the 20th century to the role and shows them with the story. By playing a tennis game with a Chinese player, Gump makes a contribution to the establishment of China-America relationship. We can also learn a country's history through the TV program. For example, a TV program in Australia called Master Discover bring me to learn about how Captain Cook brought the prisoners to Australia in the 18th and how the country came to its modern civilization.

Someone may argue that it is boring to watch foreign movies and TV programs because they find it hard to understand their language. However, I think it is an easy way to learn a foreign language. The movies and other TV programs reveal about things in their daily life and can enhance our listening and oral ability. For instance, when I watch Friends, I cannot help devoting myself to the scene as if I was the main role of the series. When I finish watching the series, I found I have mastered most of the slangs they speak in ordinary life and learnt a lot about people's concept and preference.

In a nutshell, movies and TV programs from other countries are more interesting for its attractive cultures, customs and histories. In addition, for foreign language learners, they will also be interesting because they serve as a way to improve their language speaking and listening ability.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-10-23
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-8-11 21:23:50 |显示全部楼层
8.10 by flywinding

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-9-18
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-8-13 09:54:47 |显示全部楼层
8.12 by flywinding
欢迎拍砖~

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-2-2
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-8-14 00:07:12 |显示全部楼层
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? If you do not make sure other people (especially influential people or your employers) know about your strengths and accomplishments, you will never get successful in life.

Anyone cannot deny the fact that we live in the same world and everyone around us have (has) a great deal of influence on us. Some people may play a positive role and lead us to success; however, others may block the road for us to be successful. In my point of view, being unknown by other people like employers and influential people may not stop us from being successful and it even can make us succeed more easily.

To begin with, not being known by others may provide us more freedom when we are working, thus, we are more likely to be successful in life. Many companies equip with the camera to supervise the white-collar workers' working process and make sure the employees are not slacking off. How ridiculous they are. At first glance, the employees may obtain the rules and work on the regulated time. What the fact is that they have to work under high pressure and working without efficiency. What's more, several employees in the Fushikang Company located in Shenzhen have suicide by jumping off the high building one by one during the past time of 2010. Can anyone say this is a success in life?(这段只是论证了不被注意,必不成功。并从正面进行论证)

Moreover, other people knowing us nothing may make us brave and creative during working. As the old saying goes, the new born cattle does not fear tigers. The employees without thinking other people's opinions and ideas can show the true aspects of themselves.(中国话了)Accordingly, they will accomplish their assignment with the highest enthusiasm and they will be creative to solve the problems when they face. In the process, they may bring out some innovative ideas and concepts that will help company or the whole team to be successful.

Admittedly (结构词), someone may argue that if other people do not know our strengths and accomplishment, they may not provide us chance to succeed. To some extent, it is true. However, how can you make sure the chance they provide you is a direction to success or something to stimuli (stimulate) you to make an accomplishment, what if they provide you with a pitfall. In the rapidly competitive society, we do not know what the other people are thinking and we even cannot distinguish from friends and rivals. Being known by the rivals may help them to get us down and set a block (set a trap) to prevent us from succeeding. In this case, it maybe better not to let other people know our strengths and accomplishment.

In a nutshell, considering the weakness of being known by others, we should not let other people know our strengths and accomplishment. From another perspective, being unknown by other may help us succeed more easily because of the efficiency, freedom and creativeness it bring to us. Thus, it is too assertive to say that we will never get successful by making others knowing nothing about our strengths and accomplishment.

这篇文章结构清晰,但是中间的例证中逻辑存在一定问题。有些语言还是需要再精炼下,有些太中国话了。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-2-2
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-8-14 00:08:02 |显示全部楼层

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-9-18
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-8-14 20:28:28 |显示全部楼层
8-14 by flywinding

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents should allow children to make their own choices rather than determine their children’s future for them.

No one can deny the fact that parents bring up the children and have an amount of influence on the development of the children. From the children come to the world, they live together with parents until they become adults or even when they can support themselves. Many parents design the future of their children, claiming that they can help their children explore an easiest way to success. However, I think children should make their decision themselves and parents should act as assistant, not as a leading role.

To begin with, children should make their choices according their own interests. Everyone have right to determine their future because no one else can be responsible for their fate. Only the children themselves know who they are, what are they want to be and what they are interested in. As the old proverb makes sense, “only the interest is the best teacher". Take Han Han, who is a popular writer and a top driver in our country, as an example. When he was young, he was not good at studying and he often spent the time on class reading all kinds of novels. Parents and teachers asked him to work hard on his lesson, but he quit himself from school and devoted himself to writing books. His first publication, Sanchongmen, with hundreds thousands copies, became the best-seller on bookstore shelves all over the country. He never stopped pursuing his dream of becoming a top race driver. Now, he has realized his dream and became the popular statue in our country.

Moreover, children should determine their own fate because they are more familiar with the atmosphere around them. In many cases, children spend more time together with their friends or classmates than their family. Then, parents, who are always willing to offer help to determine the children's choices, however, find themselves helpless with such problems. For example, parents will have no idea to choose which course for children to attend, or which teacher is more suitable for their children. Sometimes, they even do not know which career is better considering the children's development. If parents can not help themselves to make children's choice, the outcome will not be satisfied for both sides.

However, that parents should not determine children's future does not mean parents should not help children to make their own choices. Parents have experienced all kinds of events and they will have a better idea to distinguish right from wrong, real from false, kind from ugly. With the advice given by parents as well as their own interests and circumstance, children can make better choices for their future, avoiding making mistakes. Also, parents can prevent children from going astray, doing harm to the society.

In a nutshell, children should make choices by their own for sake of interest. Only they choose their interests can they pursue a better career and succeed in the future. However, parents should also offer some advice to help children make choices with their own experience, avoiding making mistakes on the way towards success.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-6-28
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-8-15 11:37:31 |显示全部楼层
水平有限~~不错,加油!!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-7-17
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-8-15 21:07:33 |显示全部楼层
批好了,请多指教。顺便帮我的也批下吧

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-9-18
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-8-18 18:41:01 |显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 flywinding 于 2010-8-18 18:58 编辑

8-18 写作小组特训 独立+++++综合
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement:  Sports teaches us lessons about life.

As the rapid development of the society, the pace of our life is becoming faster resulting less or even no time for us to excise or play games. Many people believe that sports will bring nothing to our life claiming that life has nothing to do with sports. In my point of view, sports will benefit our life and we will learn many lessons if we do sports or even pay attention to sport games.

To begin with, one of the most important lessons we can learn from is teamwork. During the sports, every player has to cooperate with others in order to win the game. For example, in the final of NBA 2010 season, the Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Lakes all have won 3 times and got the same grades. During the 7th competition, relying on the advantage of teamwork, the Lakes beat Celtics and won the final cup. From the sport games, we can conclude that teamwork is so important and then we can also learn that teamwork is a indispensable element in our life.

Moreover, we can also learn from sports that we should possess the characteristic of perseverance in life. If every player in the game perseveres to the last minute, they can make a big difference to the team because the situation can change and the glory may belong to the other team. Take myself as an example, during our university's Campus Tennis Competition, I was beat firstly and everyone think I will lose the game. However, I believed I should persist on the never give and finally I win twice continually. It was the belief of perseverance that led me to the champion and the competition taught to persevere in my daily life.

Finally, the sports can also teach us to treasure life. Sports can enhance our body soundness by accelerate the speed of metabolism, help absorb more nutrition and make us become more powerful. Before I attend university, I was very weak and thin, always catching cold when it is winter. When I began to the gym in our university and do some excise and play some sport games with my roommates everyday, I became stronger to defend the all kinds of diseases. Also, the sports serve as a way to help me relax myself and release the pressure from study. The sports help me to cherish my own life and realize the importance of health in life.

In a nutshell, sports can teach us a lot of significant lessons in our life including the importance of teamwork, the characteristic of perseverance, treasuring our life and so forth. Considering that all these are important factors in our life, we should set aside certain amount of time to play sports everyday.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The lecturer talks about a survey conducted by a company about working with a group. He says that the theory stated in the passage is very different from what happened for real.

To begin with, the lecturer claims that some people may get free ride when they are working in group, which rejects the contents, the group members can have a wider range of knowledge, mentioned in the reading materials. From the lecturer, only a few members of the group are working and others can enjoy the achievement as a whole. This perspective differs from what is maintained in the article.

In addition, the lecturer continues to discuss the efficiency of working in a group. According to the lecturer, in order to reach a consensus, they have to attend all kinds of meeting to make a concession. As a result, they will be much slower for completing their works. This directly contradicts with what the passage indicates.

Finally, the lecturer also opposes to the writer’s attitude by emphasizing that some influential people may lead the team to fail. In order to demonstrate his perspective, the lecture persuades us with the evidence that someone who warn the project will move to wrong direction will be ignored by others. Because everyone doesn’t want to take responsibility for the project and if the project fails, the blame will be pleased on all members. This is another part the speaker disagrees with the writer.

Judging from the three points above, it is obvious that the lecture does not agree with the statement in the passage.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-5-10
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-8-19 09:35:07 |显示全部楼层
改完了,加油
当你觉得为时已晚的时候,恰好是最早的时候

使用道具 举报

RE: IBT——独立写作小组作业by flywinding [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子
IBT——独立写作小组作业by flywinding
https://bbs.gter.net/thread-1133022-1-1.html
复制链接
发送
关闭

站长推荐

寄托24周年庆,发祝福送寄托币!
寄托24岁生日,邀请寄托的小伙伴在本命年周年庆发出你对寄托的祝福, 可以是简单的一句“生日快乐”, 送出祝福小伙伴将会有寄托币奖励!

查看 »

报offer 祈福 爆照
回顶部