2007-3-9
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2010-8-7 16:34:30 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
本帖最后由 even0828 于 2010-8-9 00:40 编辑

8.7 homework by Giraffe

09.06.12NA   Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Students should not take part-time jobs while they are studying in universities.

Many people, especially parents, think thatuniversity students should not take part-time jobs, which will distract themfrom their only real job in university—studying. However, I totally disagreewith this statement for the following reasons.

First of all, a good part-time job relatedto students' major could give them a whole picture of this field and thus adefinite motivation to study harder. As we know, university students have notas many classes as high school students do, and most people who have enteredthe real career complain about the uselessness of the knowledge learnt in theclassroom because it's too idealistic comparing with the real situation, soonly knowledge studied through practical experience could be understoodcompletely by students and useful for their whole lives. For example, theinternship I had in this summer broadened my outlook about my major to a higherlevel, because I found experiments in the labs ignore so many critical factorswhich, however, must be taken into account for developing new products in a bigcompany. With further understanding of this field, I have a much clearer clueto necessary techniques and knowledge I should hold, which definitely strengthens my determination to study harder.

Besides, part-time jobs will provideuniversity students with cherished social experience and more choices abouttheir lives. Even if a part-time job has nothing to do with the student'smajor, the social experience gained from it could refresh the perspectives inwhich students used to watch this world. Students will be surer about what lives they really want, and make theirbig decisions more rationally and maturely in the future. And socialrelationship students accumulated from part-time jobs could be helpful atcertain point of their lives.

However, it will do harm to universitystudents if they take part-time jobs solely for earning more money. For instance, one of my formal roommates keptlooking for different part-time jobs to satisfy his huge enthusiasm with money.He was too busy to keep his study pace with other students. In my opinion,studying in the university is not yet the life stage for students to earn bigmoney, but to learn things from both books and part-time jobs.
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-3-9
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2010-8-8 12:13:07 |只看该作者
在群里没找到你

Many people, especially parents, think that university students should not take part-time jobs, which will distract them from their only real job in university—studying. However, I totally disagree with this statement for the following reasons。开头简单直接,不错。
第二段thus的用法建议再查查,个人觉得读起来句子不太顺。中间一个大长句,不由佩服楼主一个哇。但是句首和句末已经意思跑的有点远了,建议不分句的话也至少中间分号一下吧。
第三段没啥问题,论证挺好,cherished根据韦氏有cherishable可用
我不知道像楼主这样的结尾合不合适,依我看还是另来一段总结性的陈词比较好。
语言挺不错的,没啥问题。观点论证的也比较有力。总的来说挺好。
学习了
我要用意念的力量求包养

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-3-9
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2010-8-9 22:45:06 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 even0828 于 2010-8-9 22:46 编辑

8.10 homework by even0828
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Movies and TV programs made in one’s own country are more interesting than those made in other countries.

I admit there is no linguistic and cultural barrier to watch domestic movies and TV programs, which makes people understand the content of them better. However, I cannot agree with the statement that movies and TV programs of our own country are more interesting than those made in other countries for the following reasons.

Different people have different interests and tastes in movies and TV programmes due to different age, education background and living habits. For example, my mother is a huge fan of domestic TV series and keep watching them every afternoon and night, while I only watch American TV shows because I enjoy their delicate plot and amazing visual effects. Every time I complain about the bore and prolixity of domestic TV shows, my mother defends herself that only dometic TV shows can reflect her real life.

It's hard to assert which is better between two different styles of movies and TV programes from different countries. Take one of my friend for instance, he is quite into Peking Opera, which can only be found in Chinese TV programs. At the same time, he enjoys GLEE- an American singing and dancing show- very much as well. When I once asked him which one of the two he prefers, he didn't know either because he thought they are totally different types of TV programmes. So it's unreasonable to divide movies and TV programmes into interesting group and the opposite one by country boundaries.

In my opinion, a good movie or TV programs doesn't depend on where it's produced, but on its content and the thought and concept the director want to convey to the audience, etc. For example, although most of my favorite movies are from America due to the new visual excitement, fresh concepts, and diverse ideologies they keep bringing to me, I still have some favorite domestic movies, such as My Father And Mother, which gave me move and inspiration.

In a word, we shouldn't simply categorize movies or TV programs into domestic or foreign ones, and claim which one is better. And there is an old saying that I think could be a good ending of this passage-"Art has no boundaries".

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-5-15
精华
帖子
地板
发表于 2010-8-12 16:34:15 |只看该作者
抱歉今天才有时间给你改...
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?立即注册

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-3-9
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-8-13 13:38:35 |只看该作者
8月12日交
09.08.01NA
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? If you do not make sure other people (especially influential people or your employers) know about your strengths and accomplishments, you will never get successful in life

Although it's too absolute to say that people cannot be successful in their life if they don't show their strengths and accomplishments to other people, I agree with the statement, to a great extent, that we need to let other people, especially the influential ones or our employers, know our talents and accomplishments.

First of all, talents and strengths showed to people win you precious opportunities among a bunch of elite competitors at the first place. For example, you cannot get recruited into a big company or an excellent team unless you show your talents and ability fully to your employer in such a competitive society nowadays, because your hidden sparkles and shining points could easily be buried in others' completely showed talents. If you cannot win the opportunities at the first place, you will not make a quick progress.

Secondly, it's as equally significant as doing your work well, to exhibit the work you accomplished. When I was doing an internship in a big company, I am asked to make a PowerPoint to show my accomplishments every time I finish a task. The manager told me, people will judge your performance by what they see in your result but not how diligently you work during the process. You can get more concentration and opportunities from your superior or influential people due to their appreciation to you. At the same time, he information your colleagues gained through the exhibition of your work, win you trust, respect, and advice from them.

However, showing your strengths and accomplishments doesn't mean deliberate showing off, which could only win you despise and aversion from others. If you overly exaggerate your talents and strengths at the first place, people will be disappointed in you when they find you are actually competent for this job or task. Besides, boasting on what you have done can only give a bad impression on others that you are just superficially flamboyant yet insubstantial inside.

In a word, we should learn how to show people our strengths and accomplishments properly, and keep improving ourselves to surprise people with new talents and achievements.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-3-9
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-8-14 22:41:12 |只看该作者
8月14日交
09.08.07NA      Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents should allow children to make their own choices rather than determine their children’s future for them.

In ancient China, almost all big decisions of a child's life, including their job and marriage, were made by his parents. While in modern society nowadays, I totally agree that parents should allow children to make their own choices rather than determine their children's future for them.

First of all, parents should support children's decisions about their lives since nobody in this world knows better about what life children want than themselves. A child's life shouldn't be of nobody else but of his own, so parents have no rights to compose their wishes on their children's lives. Our daily life abounds in examples that the parents force their children to learn piano, painting, or rugby just because they hope their children could realize their dreams which they didn't have a chance to make or haven't made true. In some other instances, the parents think they know their children enough to make choices for them, but it turns out that children doesn't like what their parents choose for them at all.

It's so important to develop children's independence in their lives that parents should encourage children to make their own decisions. Parents cannot expect themselves to live long enough to make all the decisions in their children's lives because there's little possibility that parents could die later than their children do. So parents should cultivate their children into independent people who are able to make right decisions about their own lives. In many cases, making every decision for children leads to a severe situation that they aren't able to have a clue without their parents' presence when meeting choices in their study or career, which means they might be eliminated by the society after their parents leave this world.

However, parents should give suggestions, which are based on their abundant life experience and personal understanding to the situation, to their children as a reference for their children's choices. Sometimes children are too young to have enough life experience to make a right decision, so parents should provide them with more advices and lead them to make a more mature and rational choice by themselves, which might help their children learn how to collect useful information and make good choices on the basis of collected information. Take myself for example, my parents never object my own decisions like which university I want to apply or which major I want to learn, but they do give me helpful suggestions of what factors I should take into account in decision-making process. I thank them very much for cultivate me into a very independent person.

In a word, parents should allow their children to choose they want in their lives while providing useful advices, and let them bear the consequences subsequently brought by their decisions, in which way develop their children into independent people who know how to make right decisions.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-8-24
精华
帖子

枫华正茂 一帆枫顺

发表于 2010-8-15 21:57:12 |只看该作者
改好了

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-11-30
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-8-15 23:18:32 |只看该作者
Sorry楼主,今天事比较多,早上还停电了来笔记改两份,我明早帮你改。今天要先睡了,不好意思呀

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-11-30
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-8-16 13:39:23 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 fannie227 于 2010-8-16 13:43 编辑

改完了

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-8-24
精华
帖子

枫华正茂 一帆枫顺

发表于 2010-8-17 15:41:39 |只看该作者
楼主记得改作业

使用道具 举报

RE: toefl作文本——by even0828_821 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子
toefl作文本——by even0828_821
https://bbs.gter.net/thread-1135428-1-1.html
复制链接
发送
关闭

站长推荐

寄托24周年庆,发祝福送寄托币!
寄托24岁生日,邀请寄托的小伙伴在本命年周年庆发出你对寄托的祝福, 可以是简单的一句“生日快乐”, 送出祝福小伙伴将会有寄托币奖励!

查看 »

报offer 祈福 爆照
回顶部