发信站: BBS 水木清华站 (Sun Jul  6 21:12:36 2003), 转信

最好签证的时候有两篇support letter,一封来自你美国老板,介绍他自己的实验室,他自
己是谁,讲你去他实验室做什麽,他为什麽要你(表扬表扬你,呵呵),你的待遇,医疗
保险之类也可以写上,请求领事馆协助之类的话。                                

另外一封来自你在国内的导师,表扬你的聪明才智,介绍你在国内的卓越工作,支
持你出国深造,也可以谈到你的归国计划,说多麽的合情合理,他会不遗余力的支持你
实现理想之类。当然也要请领事馆协助啦。                                      

哎呀,反正怎么好听怎么写呗。国外老板一般都会自己给你写的,国内老板可就说不定了 大多数情况是你写,他签字,呵呵。
It is my pleasure to have Miss XXX as my graduate student and research  assistant in my group from Sep. 1999 till now. She exhibits solid         background and strong ability in her research work. I believe that        
Miss XXX will make many valuable contributions in her future research   
fields. After she gets her Ph.D degree, I strongly hope that she can  
join my group and work with me again. If further information about her          is needed, please do not hesitate to contact me.   
这是导师写的,愿意做我回来以后的推荐人的 其实很简单                                                                 
It is my pleasure to have Ms. LIU Shanshan as my graduate student and rese
arch assistant in our department from 2000 till now. As her advisor, I wa
s impressed by her diligence and talent in her study and research work. Sh
e is the only one to graduate one year in advance in her class this year.

As a returnee from USA, I know the education there could do what
a great help for working in China. I encouraged her to pursue her PHD deg
ree in the United States with the highest enthusiasm. I believe she deserv
es such opportunity to learn more advanced knowledge there.   
And I have talked about her future plan with her. I will be her reference after she gets her PHD degree and comes back to realize her plan. I really hope she could join our department, but I know her ambition is not only to do
the research, but also to emerge her research result into industry application in China. Upon her request, I will recommend her to the R&D center founded by leading company, such as Delta, GE, HUAWEI and UTRC. I personally have good relationship with these companies and have cooperated with the
ir R&D center. I am sure Shanshan will surely get her position there, along with her excellent academic performance and overall ability.            

I would like to provide more information upon your request.
这是我要去的Delta的                                                           
  With fast business growth, continuous progress and new product development,
Delta has become the world's leading switching power supply manufacturer
and a major supplier of video displays & electronic components for computer, telecommunication, networking and other industries.                    

Each year, Delta devotes 5% of its sales revenues into R&D, and it's still     in expanding. So we really welcome people with strong theoretical
background and research experience, especially those with an international background, We will offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits pac
kage and the professional advantages of an environment that supports their
development.                                                                 
As for Miss. Shanshan Liu, she is clearly among those kind of promising peop    le that we needed. As far as I know, she has demonstrated strong research and development ability during her graduate study. We sincerely hope she would     join Delta Power Electronics Center after she gets her Ph.D. degree from th    e United States.   following is a message I sent to my prospective advisor.                     

--------------------                                                      

I do not have an example, but the following information should be helpful.      The supporting letter may include the following tips:               
0. Title: Consular Officers at U.S. Embassies and Consulates in China           1. Introduction of you and your lab.                           
2. The reason why you want me to go to the States to study with you             3. What I will do in your team. ( Please make it related with life, not army   research. No need to be too specific.)                  
4. Tell the visa officer that I will probably come back to China after          graduation to seek a research position in a Chinese University.                 5. State that you would be happy if the consular officer can issue me a visa.   6. Anything you feel like to say is welcome.      
7. Your signature and date.   

Dear consular officer,                                                        

It is my pleasure to have Miss Ren as my undergraduate student and research     assistant in my group from Nov.2002 till now. She holds a solid background      and shows strong abilities in the experiments as well as in her research        work. I believe that Miss Ren will make valuable contributions to our country   in her future research fields.                                    
                                                                                Through our communication, I find that her motivation of studying in the US     is very clear: she just wants to improve her academic capability with the       guidance of excellent faculty and advanced research equipment. I think          Electrical Engineering is the right major for Miss Ren and she should fully     take advantage of this precious opportunity to study abroad. After she gets     her Ph.D degree, I strongly hope that she return to China and work with me      again. With those advanced skills and theories that she would have learnt in    US, I'm sure that she will hopefully improve the research quality of our lab    and take her responsibility to make China a colorful country.   
I appreciate your assistance regarding her visa interview. If any further information about Miss Ren is needed, please do not hesitate to contact me.   

Sincerely Yours                                                         
                                                                               Prof. xxx                                                           
Dept. of Electrical Engineering                                   
Tsinghua University   
大家看看能对付的过去不,英语作文比较烂的说                                     Dear Sir/Madam,                                                            

I am very glad to have Mr. myMascot as my graduate student in the Department of XXX of XXX University in this fall.                                 

Mr. myMascot contacted me from last fall, when he found one of my papers from   my website that just solved some problems in his project. From his emails, I c  an see his talent in his specialty and research work. I encouraged him to appl  y for the graduate program of my department. On basis of his impressed applica  tion, he is given the assistantship of  XX and a complete waiver tuition. This   is a master program. After he gets his M.S. degree, he can transfer to PhD pr  ogram automatically in the department, when, I believe he can also get his ful  l financial aid from the department naturally.   
Mr. myMascot has strong research ability in the area of intelligent control and robotics and he is the most appropriate candidate for my program this year
. He will play an important role in my program. And through his emails, I can catch his affectionate feelings about his hometown and his alma mater. I believe his ambition is in China.                                            

I really hope to see Mr. myMascot in XXX University in this August. So, if you  could take full consideration of his visa application, I will appreciate it very much.                                                        

I would like to provide more information upon your request.   
It is my pleasure to have Miss ** as my undergraduate student and research assistant in my group from Mar.2002 till July.2002. She exhibits solid background and strong ability in the experiment and her research work. I believe that Miss ** will make many valuable contributions in her future research fields. Through our communication, I find that her motive to the US is very clear: she ju  st wants to improve her academic capability under the guidance of excellent faculty and with advanced research method and equipment. I think chemistry is the right major for her and she should fully take advantage of this precious oversea-study opportunity. After she gets her Ph.D degree, I strongly hope that he can return to China and join my group and work with me again to use what she has learned to improve the research quality and level of our lab. I would be very sorry if she missed this chance. If further information about her is needed, please do not hesitate to contact me.  
外国人写的是dear consulate officer  

--
SUBARU - The Beauty of All-Wheel Drive
life is full of surprises!!
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2001-9-30
精华
帖子