注册时间
2009-8-17
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2011-10-4 23:46:58 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
第38套,第3题

3、Art historians' approach to French Impressionism has changed significantly in recent years. While a decade ago Rewald's History of Impressionism, which emphasizes Impressionist painters' stylistic innovations, was (I)___, the literature on impressionism has now become a kind of ideological battlefield, in which more attention is paid to the subject matter of the paintings, and to the social and moral issues raised by it, than to their (II)___. Recently, politically charged discussions that address the impressionists' unequal treatment of men and women and the exclusion of modern industry and labor from their pictures have tended to (III)___ the stylistic analysis favored by Rewald and his followers.

BLANK I
A dispassionate
B disparaged
C unchallenged

BLANK II
D style
E contents
F significance

BLANK III
G espouse
H crowd out
I neglect

书里给的答案是CDH, 前面两空没有问题,第三空不能理解,为什么不能选 G 呢,尽管最后有by Rewald and his fellowers, 这就对应 crowd out 么?

第38套,第10题

10、The orthodox view that the wealthiest individuals were the most powerful is (I)__ by Rubinstein's study. In his analysis, this orthodox view has a problem that many millionaires who are totally unknown to nineteenth-century historians: the reason for their (II)__ could be that they were not powerful. Indeed, Rubinstein (III)__ any notion that great wealth has anything to do with entry into the governing elite, as represented by bishopd, higher civil servants, and chairmen of manufacturing companies. The only requirements were university attendance and a father with a middle-class income.

BLANK I
A questioned
B buttressed
C indicated

BLANK II
D fortunes
E obscurity
F ingeniousness

BLANK III
G appreciates
H dismisses
I comprehends

书里答案给的是 AEH, 还是对第3空很迷惑,dismiss 是对应题目的哪个地方呢~  求牛人们不吝指教哈!
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-10-27
精华
帖子

寄托优秀版主 Cancer巨蟹座 GRE梦想之帆 GRE斩浪之魂 GRE守护之星 US Assistant US Applicant 分享之阳 美版友情贡献 寄托兑换店纪念章 美版版主 满3年在任版主

沙发
发表于 2011-10-5 00:03:47 |只看该作者
1.第一题。最后一句应该重复前一句,即recent的观点。
in which more attention is paid to the subject matter of the paintings, and to the social and moral issues raised by it, than to their (II)___.
那么后面politically charged discussions对于旧观点应该持负面态度的。
crowd out更为形象。
crowd out  
挤出, 推开, 排除

2.这一题同样是重复前一句的意思。
The orthodox view that the wealthiest individuals were the most powerful is (I)__ by Rubinstein's study.
既然Rubinstein's study对常规观点持负面态度,那么对于后面的notion that great wealth has anything to do with entry into the governing elite(与常规观点对应)也是持负面观点的。
dismiss更加。

注意原意重复不只是词,更多的是以句的形式出项的。
人山人海,人来人往中却兀自闪闪发亮,独一无二的你!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-8-17
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2011-10-5 13:26:06 |只看该作者
谢谢斑竹哈,我根据斑竹的点拨,再细读了一下,得到一些新的理解,如下;
1、题目首先是 changed in recent years;然后一个让步,while,decade ago, emphasized stylistic is unchallenged(未争论的) 与 subject matter 和 social and moral issues;后面的 “unequal treatment of men and women and the exclusion of modern industry”  就是与前面的“subject matter 和 social and moral issues” 对应,第三空要填一个词表示 subject matter 与 stylistic 在现在(recent)的关系,显然 与第二空的unchallenged 的是对立的,所以要选crowd out .

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2014-10-19
精华
帖子
地板
发表于 2017-5-11 12:41:51 |只看该作者
挖个坟,The only requirements were university attendance and a father with a middle-class income.第二个课因为这句,只需要大学文凭和父亲是中产就是获得这些荣誉,前面提到的各种头衔,所以r不认为有这些头衔就都是有钱人,对应前面说一些有钱人为什么unknown。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2016-6-5
精华
帖子

寄托兑换店纪念章

发表于 2017-5-11 19:59:23 |只看该作者
只想吐槽一下, 题目好长....

使用道具 举报

RE: 请教 2道3空填空题(新GRE填空第38套3和10) [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子
请教 2道3空填空题(新GRE填空第38套3和10)
https://bbs.gter.net/thread-1308985-1-1.html
复制链接
发送
关闭

站长推荐

寄托24周年庆,发祝福送寄托币!
寄托24岁生日,邀请寄托的小伙伴在本命年周年庆发出你对寄托的祝福, 可以是简单的一句“生日快乐”, 送出祝福小伙伴将会有寄托币奖励!

查看 »

报offer 祈福 爆照
回顶部