注册时间
2016-4-15
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2016-5-19 09:02:10 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
Issue 15
15) Educational institutions should actively encourage their students to choose fields of study that will prepare them for lucrative careers.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.(1)
抓关键词:should  lucrative careers  educational institution
I strongly disagree with the statement that students should be encouraged to major in the fields of lucrative careers. First, interest is more important than the lucrative careers. What’s more, students choose the field only for good job may lead to a situation where they may not enjoy their study and have good performance. It is not to deny that institutions may be interested in cultivating future successful alumni. But this policy may lead to dissatisfaction among the graduates.
To begin with, maybe choosing the fields that are good prepared for future income bring good jobs to them. But it can’t make students give up their favorite speciality, especially for these students with wealthy family. If institutions encourage students to choose fields for lucrative, it will defense the original purpose of students to study further in the institutions that they want to explore their talent and do something they like to do.
Another reason why this policy is not desirable is that students may end up studying something they are not interested in. without great interest in the fields that students major in, students can’t do a good job in that fields. For example, I did not like math in the primary school and I got bad score every times in math. But math is a compulsory subject in china, so I had to study it until university. When I came to university, the first thing I did was to choose speciality that was unrelated with math. Finally, I choose computer science as my speciality and I do a good job in this field. So they may not meet the standards of academic performance if they choose the fields that they don’t like and bad specialized skills can’t bring lucrative careers to students.
Some may argue that it can cultivate many successful alumni with higher income, who will denote plenty of money to institution. And with the more finance aid from alumni, schools will have more chances to employ better professor and attract excellent students, which will benefit school a lot. Even as the school prospect, the graduates have good careers and receive high salary, they may due the unhappy thing in their works to the schools because they were encouraged to choose the jobs that they don’t like it and, as a result, they not be willing to donate any money to school.
In conclusion, I think students should choose their field that they are interested in, which I think can bring a good future to students.

回应

使用道具 举报

RE: issue 15 求批改!!谢谢了 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子