[习作点评] 第一次练ISSUE,求大神批改~~谢谢!! [复制链接]

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2017-6-6
精华
帖子
发表于 2017-6-19 17:02:04 |显示全部楼层
"The most effective way to communicate an idea or value to large groups of people is through the use of images, not language."

Which one is better? Using some images to show your ideas to a group of people; or just telling them your thoughts. In my view, it depends on specific circumstances.

Using images is a convenient way to show your ideas. That's why powerpoint presentation becomes a extremely popular way. In the classes I have taken, almost 90% professors preferred to use a powerpoint rather than just teaching by voice. Moreover, a single image can convey more information than a sentences. In order to explain the definition of big-bang theory, the only thing  my professor has did is showing a comprehensive picture to us. Which helped us quickly have a brief understanding of it. However, if he wanted to tell us this complicated theory, he definitely needed more time.

However, the most difficult class for me and my classmates was the 'Chinese literature'. The reason was not because this class was inherently difficult, but because the way our professor taught us. He depended too much on images, without explaining any further information. As we know, literature is a subject which contains so much emotion. But a single image is like a cold ice that no one wants to taste it. In this case, the merits of language are obvious. Language help people vividly convey their thoughts. It can instigate the emotion of others, especially for a large group of people. We can remember when Obama conveyed his thoughts to american people, he never used a picture, on the contrary, the excellent eloquence helped him gain the favor of others.

Moreover, the using of images may distract audiences. Which means they may only remember the informaiton in the picture, even forget the face of lecturer. I guess many of us have watched a TED lecture, there were seldom lecture contained too many images. On the contrary, the lecturer wanted to draw the audiences' attention to his words rather than the images he provided. In brief, a successful lecturer know how to balance the using of image and language.

In the end, it is superficial to assert which way is more effective, it depends on the subject of your idea, depends on how much information you want to convey. Thus, in my opinion, a comprehensive evaluation of the information your want to convey is important, which will help you make the right choices.
回应

使用道具 举报

RE: 第一次练ISSUE,求大神批改~~谢谢!! [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子
第一次练ISSUE,求大神批改~~谢谢!!
https://bbs.gter.net/thread-2098980-1-1.html
复制链接
发送
关闭

站长推荐

寄托24周年庆,发祝福送寄托币!
寄托24岁生日,邀请寄托的小伙伴在本命年周年庆发出你对寄托的祝福, 可以是简单的一句“生日快乐”, 送出祝福小伙伴将会有寄托币奖励!

查看 »

报offer 祈福 爆照
回顶部