加拿大offer勋章

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2018-6-7 19:15:13 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
77寄托币
本帖最后由 wbbssr 于 2018-6-25 19:42 编辑

最近看到论坛了有好几个被拒签的。两次quit的人表示瑟瑟发抖。想请教一下撰写study plan时需要注意的地方。

介绍一下本人情况:
23周岁,未婚。16年浙江大学数学与应用数学本科毕业。保研到本校,17年quit去美国读计算数学PhD,今年再次quit去USask读thesis-based的CS硕士。第一次quit是因为国内导师认为国内的硕士对国外PhD的申请帮助不大,想走还得趁早。第二次quit主要是因为感觉美国整体大环境对中国留学生很不友好,而且自己和学校也比较渣。不知道我这样的情况是否容易被拒签?

谢谢!

My name is XXX, born on XXX. I graduated from Zhejiang University(CN) and majored in Mathematics and Applied Mathematics in 2016. And in the following two years, I continued my graduate-level study on Computational Mathematics at Zhejiang University and XXX University(US). But recently I decided to change my major to Computer Science. And I have been admitted to the Master’s Program in Computer Science, University of Saskatchewan.

In order to be a competitive applicant at Ph.D. Admissions, I decided to finish my Master Degree at Zhejiang University . However, my supervisor told me that a domestic Master Degree could not help me a lot because I could hardly have some mathematical publications. With my supervisor’s fully support, I quitted that program and got a Ph.D. offer from XXX University. I am currently enrolled at XXX for a Doctoral degree in Computational Mathematics, which is an interdisciplinary subject of Mathematics and Computer Science. However, my credentials are still not enough for me to get a computer-related job in tech companies. What’s worse, professors in our department abet students in taking an academic career even if we both know that it is all but impossible for our graduates to get a faculty position in decent universities.

Because of these reasons, I decided to change my major and applied many Computer Science Master’s and Doctoral programs in both Canada and the United States this year. Although I have learned several core curriculums in computer science online and fully prepared,  I just received offers from three universities. And University of Saskatchewan is the best one among them. I am required to finish 3 courses at the 3rd year level (332 Operating Systems Concepts, 394 Simulation Principles and 487 Image Processing and Computer Vision) and 1 graduate-level courses (CMPT 851 Parallel Programming for Scientific Computing) in my first year. Then I will only have to take 2 graduate-level courses in Sep. 2019 and finish my thesis under the supervision of Prof. XXX. This program not only provides me with basic computer science knowledge training but also helps me gain lots of research experience related to computer science, which fits perfectly for my future Ph.D. application.

As I said, when I graduate from University of Saskatchewan in 2020, I will apply for top Computer Science Doctoral programs in both Canada and the United States because I want to be engaged in innovative research work in the industry. And a Ph.D. degree is definitely necessary for that.

最佳答案

liuriqiang618 查看完整内容

教育背景好,年龄也不大,数学和计算机已经是很相关了。 quit的理由充分一些,选加拿大这个学校专业的理由要很足。 你得证明一下决心和能力,不然又quit为啥让你过来呢?
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2017-10-22
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2018-6-7 19:15:14 |只看该作者
教育背景好,年龄也不大,数学和计算机已经是很相关了。
quit的理由充分一些,选加拿大这个学校专业的理由要很足。
你得证明一下决心和能力,不然又quit为啥让你过来呢?

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2018-6-8
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2018-6-8 21:03:03 |只看该作者
同样两次 quit,一次保研到中科院读硕士,quit 之后去澳大利亚读 Ph.D,现在也 quit 了,马上去加拿大读硕士,只是我一直都是 CS。我把申请用的 study plan 拿来用了,只是简单解释了一下两次 quit 的原因,也没有说毕业之后一定回国什么的。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2016-4-13
精华
帖子

加拿大offer勋章

地板
发表于 2018-6-25 19:40:43 |只看该作者
更新study plan求批改

使用道具 举报