声望
寄托币
注册时间
2001-9-3
精华
帖子

Aries白羊座 荣誉版主

发表于 2004-8-29 15:49:16 |显示全部楼层
  My interest in science dates back to my early childhood. I have always excelled in physical sciences and have received numerous awards in mathematics in high school. At age 16, I attended National Taiwan University(NTU), majoring physics. Four years of extensive study in physics and current work in surface science inspired me to undertake a greater challenge in pursuing a doctorate degree in physics. My aspiration to be a research scientist also makes graduate study an absolute necessity. As an undergraduate student, I specialized in physics, mathematics, and computer science. In my junior year I studied computational physics in Applied Mathematics III, during which I developed a 2-dimensional Ising model with the finite size effect as a course project. In addition to being elated by my computer simulated phase transition phenomena, I was also pleased with the computed values of the critical exponents that closely agreed with theoretical values.

During the two-year course on the fundamentals of experimental physics, I diligently studied the techniques of operating experimental equipment, such as the epitaxy systems, lithography, and computer controlled data acquisition interfaces. I enjoyed these hand-on experiences immensely. My current duty, as a research assistant, is to set up diamond film growth kinetics experiments which is designed to verify whether the mechanism of H atoms destroying C-H bonds in diamond film growth is the bottle-neck reaction to diamond film formation. The results will give valuable insights and better enhance the research efforts of another group here at IAMS. In the mean time, I am learning about the scanning probe microscopy, charged particle optics, energy analyzers and many instruments used in surface science through the seminars held in my group. In order to be knowledgeable in the breadth of physics, I attended workshops and symposiums in different fields. In the symposium on Symmetries in Subatomic Physics, I worked as an interpreter and edited the article "Conceptual Beginnings of Various Symmetries in the Twentieth Century Physics" from Prof. C. N. Frank Yang's speech and translated it into Chinese.

Keeping an open mind to get experiences not only in academics, I actively participated in extracurricular activities while attending NTU. In senior, I was a part-time teaching assistant grading exams and answering questions in the courses, A Journey to Subatomic World and From Quarks to Black Holes. I also have a part-time position as the bulletin board system administrator for the Physical Society of ROC. I am currently constructing their WWW homepage of IAMS to improve information exchange and science education in Taiwan.

Accumulating these valuable experiences, I am preparing myself for a career in scientific research. Being exposed to surface science, I am interested in mesoscopic systems and nanostructure materials. I plan to concentrate on condensed matter physics. Having carefully read the content of the graduate studies and on-going research programs at University of Washington at Seattle, I believe that UW is the best place for me to be. I am confident that my diverse research experiences together with a firm commitment to physics have merited me to be qualified to undertake graduate study at University of Washington at Seattle.

转载自新东方网站

[ 本帖最后由 指向大海 于 2006-7-23 14:39 编辑 ]
UA
我说人生哪,如果赏过一回痛哭淋漓的风景,写一篇杜鹃啼血的文章,与一个赏心悦目的人错肩,也就够了。不要收藏美、钤印美,让美随风而逝。生命最清醉的时候,是将万里长江视为一匹白绢,裂帛。(简桢)
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2001-9-3
精华
帖子

Aries白羊座 荣誉版主

发表于 2004-8-29 15:50:10 |显示全部楼层
My interest in science dates back to my early childhood. I have always excelled in physical sciences and have received numerous awards in mathematics in high school. At age 16, I attended National Taiwan University(NTU), majoring physics. Four years of extensive study in physics and current work in surface science inspired me to undertake a greater challenge in pursuing a doctorate degree in physics. My aspiration to be a research scientist also makes graduate study an absolute necessity. As an undergraduate student, I specialized in physics, mathematics, and computer science. In my junior year I studied computational physics in Applied Mathematics III, during which I developed a 2-dimensional Ising model with the finite size effect as a course project. In addition to being elated by my computer simulated phase transition phenomena, I was also pleased with the computed values of the critical exponents that closely agreed with theoretical values.

During the two-year course on the fundamentals of experimental physics, I diligently studied the techniques of operating experimental equipment, such as the epitaxy systems, lithography, and computer controlled data acquisition interfaces. I enjoyed these hand-on experiences immensely. My current duty, as a research assistant, is to set up diamond film growth kinetics experiments which is designed to verify whether the mechanism of H atoms destroying C-H bonds in diamond film growth is the bottle-neck reaction to diamond film formation. The results will give valuable insights and better enhance the research efforts of another group here at IAMS. In the mean time, I am learning about the scanning probe microscopy, charged particle optics, energy analyzers and many instruments used in surface science through the seminars held in my group. In order to be knowledgeable in the breadth of physics, I attended workshops and symposiums in different fields. In the symposium on Symmetries in Subatomic Physics, I worked as an interpreter and edited the article "Conceptual Beginnings of Various Symmetries in the Twentieth Century Physics" from Prof. C. N. Frank Yang's speech and translated it into Chinese.

Keeping an open mind to get experiences not only in academics, I actively participated in extracurricular activities while attending NTU. In senior, I was a part-time teaching assistant grading exams and answering questions in the courses, A Journey to Subatomic World and From Quarks to Black Holes. I also have a part-time position as the bulletin board system administrator for the Physical Society of ROC. I am currently constructing their WWW homepage of IAMS to improve information exchange and science education in Taiwan.

Accumulating these valuable experiences, I am preparing myself for a career in scientific research. Being exposed to surface science, I am interested in mesoscopic systems and nanostructure materials. I plan to concentrate on condensed matter physics. Having carefully read the content of the graduate studies and on-going research programs at University of Washington at Seattle, I believe that UW is the best place for me to be. I am confident that my diverse research experiences together with a firm commitment to physics have merited me to be qualified to undertake graduate study at University of Washington at Seattle.

出处同上
UA
我说人生哪,如果赏过一回痛哭淋漓的风景,写一篇杜鹃啼血的文章,与一个赏心悦目的人错肩,也就够了。不要收藏美、钤印美,让美随风而逝。生命最清醉的时候,是将万里长江视为一匹白绢,裂帛。(简桢)

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-11-7
精华
帖子
发表于 2004-8-29 20:29:41 |显示全部楼层
辛苦了...
一个人一生的简历-----谨以此文献给所有正在和即将遭受挫折的朋友[转]
www.advancededu.net/edubbs/dispbbs.asp?BoardID=17&ID=23719

使用道具 举报

RE: 个人陈述样例2篇(物理) [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子
个人陈述样例2篇(物理)
https://bbs.gter.net/thread-218324-1-1.html
复制链接
发送
关闭

站长推荐

寄托24周年庆,发祝福送寄托币!
寄托24岁生日,邀请寄托的小伙伴在本命年周年庆发出你对寄托的祝福, 可以是简单的一句“生日快乐”, 送出祝福小伙伴将会有寄托币奖励!

查看 »

报offer 祈福 爆照
回顶部