寄托币
注册时间
2018-9-12
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2018-9-14 20:25:32 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
我申请了美国某高校教授的博士生,发出套辞信以及CV之后,他给出的回复如下。这是不是代表老师不太想要我,还在等其他人。那我能否联系这个学校的其他老师呢?第一次申请,经验很不足,恳请大家指点。
Thank you very much for your note and for your interest in my program.  Your CV shows you to be very well rounded and educated in materials science and corrosion.  I don’t know if I will have any openings in my laboratory next year given funding uncertainty, but I would still encourage you to apply to our program.  My laboratory focus is all of **, including ****.  Thus, there are a variety of areas in which my graduate students are expected to work.
Our admissions process is administered by our registrar's office, and you apply for admission to our school as a whole, rather than to individual laboratories.  You may express interest in individual laboratories supplemented by direct contact such as yours, but student admissions are determined by our admissions committee.  Applications for my laboratory are quite competitive given the size of the lab and the number of interested candidates.  Oftentimes admission to my laboratory is governed by the needs of a sponsored project (e.g. ***), or US Citizenship requirements, and thus I can never tell this early in the process whether a certain candidate is a good fit.
Good luck in this next stage of your academic career, and perhaps I will see you at ** next fall.
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2017-7-19
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2018-9-15 16:52:51 |只看该作者
感觉是婉拒的意思

使用道具 举报

RE: 求分析国外教授的回复 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子
求分析国外教授的回复
https://bbs.gter.net/thread-2197228-1-1.html
复制链接
发送
关闭

站长推荐

寄托24周年庆,发祝福送寄托币!
寄托24岁生日,邀请寄托的小伙伴在本命年周年庆发出你对寄托的祝福, 可以是简单的一句“生日快乐”, 送出祝福小伙伴将会有寄托币奖励!

查看 »

报offer 祈福 爆照
回顶部