寄托币
注册时间
2014-6-6
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2018-12-9 21:27:13 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
其实本文的目的并非是关于法考的备考建议,不过是刚考过的一点小感想,顺便想用英文写作表达出来。主要还是希望借以法考备考为话题写的这篇英文作文,让大家点评一下自己英文习作的问题和需要重点改正的错误。欢迎大家积极指正与建议!
     First thing's first, it is not quite accurate to call the National Legal professional qualification certificate the PRC bar exam. But in order to make it looks like a kind of American style, so I'll just call it the PRC bar exam.
     I have no any intention to make it much longer than this essay should be by rumbling on how I feel relieved after I checked the result, even though this experience is pretty much the resource of my happiness recently.
     Without further ado, let's jump right into the theme!
     For the purpose to make the article neat and powerful, I will categorize it into a few sections with the number marked, so you guys will feel quite organized.
     1. Don't make the whole process too long, cause you will get tired after several month's hard works. And it will make it even harder if you felt exhausted the time about to take the test. You want to feel energetic, especially the days coming to the test. In my own case, I commenced my preparation in the late June and in a conservative view it's not quite enough for most of the test candidates to carry through the whole process of getting all subjects done. But I have had took the test last year, so I guess I have some basis to start with. In that case, you should carefully analyze your own base and time schedule to maximize your time and your learning ability.
      2. Following the fit lecturer will make the process easier and more pleasurable. I don't really need to recommend any lecturer because there are so many famous lecturers with a good reputation.  You can select by your own interest or listen to others' evaluations to make your own choice.
      3. Remember this is an exam and not an academic forum, so don't drill your head into some complicated controversies and waste your precious time. If you found a question that is somehow debatable under the current circumstances, just listen to your lecturer's point of view or take side with the official stand( in most situations the lecturer basically will agree with the official opinions). That's how you should handle the tricky problems and don't forget your goal is to get a good score and pass the exam.
      4. Don't afraid you'll get frustrated and that's how everyone who takes the exam will feel. Be prepared for any possible situation and find someone you can talk to. I guess it is the emotional part that's even harder to deal with, so it would be quite helpful if you can remember it's just an exam and your life need to go on, no matter what will happen by the time you found out about the result.
      5.What suggestions for, as Oscar Wilder said the only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never of any use to oneself. I have all the honor to those ones can give us some really constructive advice and study techniques. That's not how I will define my words and I guess I just make this essay into some kind of chicken soup for the soul, so it is your call to take it or not.
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2018-12-8
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2019-1-7 21:50:07 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 JIANGpengcheng 于 2019-1-7 21:52 编辑

Congratulation, my fella. It is widely recognized that the lawyering industry across the world is well paid, however, not at Chinese mainland. Young law majors have to suffer one year miserable life of being a pupil under your well-learned supervisor. My english have be pretty rusty.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2011-7-11
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2019-1-18 18:54:56 |只看该作者

RE: How to pass the PRC bar exam

Hi there, congrats and thanks for sharing your experience. Here I’m going to be honest with this passage and by no means are the following comments sarcastic.
If you are writing in numbered section, a rule of thumb, in my own opinion, is to write the subtitle with a short but strong phrase and start the elaborated part in the next paragraph. It seems that you tend to use complicated nouns but simple verbs like make/feel etc., which does not convey the message as vivid as it could be. It will be helpful if you improve your grammar, including tense/subjunctive/(in)definite article. You will definitely confuse and lose your readers with certain awkward Chinglish expressions here and there. I believe, as a lawyer, accuracy and conciseness are expected and highly valued. In this article, at least, I saw repetitive wordings multiple times, which does no good to reflect your organized flow of thoughts.
Takeaway: work on grammar details, read more sophisticated articles written by native speakers.
Cheers.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2011-7-11
精华
帖子
地板
发表于 2019-1-18 19:05:47 |只看该作者
FYI. Hope it's helpful.
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?立即注册

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2014-6-6
精华
帖子
发表于 2019-1-18 21:24:54 |只看该作者
randis 发表于 2019-1-18 19:05
FYI. Hope it's helpful.

太感谢了!没想到会有这么认真仔细的回复,我一定会按照您的建议努力提高的!!再次感谢!!

使用道具 举报

RE: How to pass the PRC bar exam [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子
How to pass the PRC bar exam
https://bbs.gter.net/thread-2209288-1-1.html
复制链接
发送
关闭

站长推荐

寄托24周年庆,发祝福送寄托币!
寄托24岁生日,邀请寄托的小伙伴在本命年周年庆发出你对寄托的祝福, 可以是简单的一句“生日快乐”, 送出祝福小伙伴将会有寄托币奖励!

查看 »

报offer 祈福 爆照
回顶部