帖子

Sagittarius射手座 荣誉版主

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2004-11-7 07:28:35 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
Sample Fellowship Recommendation
forward from : boxfreeconcepts.com/

To Whom It May Concern:

I am proud to recommend a beloved student, Kaya Stone, for your fellowship program. I was asked to write as one who has functioned in the capacity of an employer of Kaya, but I would first like to say a few words about him as a student.

Kaya is a highly intelligent, perceptive young man. He came to our institution committed to capitalizing on the opportunity of a third year of study in Israel, and he left with the satisfaction of having accomplished that goal. Kaya grew in learning, in character, in depth of understanding. He seeks truth in each and every area of his life, whether in learning, discussing philosophy, or relating to his fellow students and his teachers. Because of his positive disposition, his reflective way of operating, and all of the character traits that make him so special, Kaya' s questions never go unanswered, and his searches always bring him to exciting new discoveries. As a student, Kaya is outstanding. As an educator, I have watched him grow, seen his talents and abilities not only in the classroom but outside its walls, when interacting with all types of people, as well.

During his time at our institution, Kaya, who as I' m sure you know is an excellent writer and publicist, also has done a good deal of work for the yeshiva. This has included the text for many public relations brochures and packets, letters to parents, potential donors, and alumni, and essentially any correspondence which I have requested that he compose. The feedback is always overwhelmingly positive, and he has done so much in that way for our yeshiva. Even today, while he studies elsewhere, he continues to do a great deal of this work for our institution, in addition to the recruiting and other services he performs for the yeshiva.

Always, in his work, Kaya is consistent, dedicated and passionate, enthusiastic, cheerful, and a pleasure to work with. He has incredible creative energies and a refreshing idealism tempered only enough to accomplish what needs to be done. I highly recommend him for any position of work, leadership, education, or any other capacity in which he can spread his excitement and share his talents with others. At our institution, we are expecting big things from Kaya in the way of educational and communal leadership in the years to come. And knowing Kaya, he will not disappoint, and probably will exceed our expectations.

Thank you once again for the opportunity to recommend such a special and impressive young man.

Sincerely Yours,

Steven Rudenstein
Dean, Yeshiva Lorentzen Chainani

[ Last edited by guozai on 2005-6-9 at 16:24 ]
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2001-10-7
精华
帖子

Sagittarius射手座 荣誉版主

沙发
发表于 2004-11-7 07:29:37 |只看该作者

Sample College Recommendation

Sample College Recommendation (One)
forward from : boxfreeconcepts.com

This letter is intended to serve as a college recommendation for Ezra Edlarruti. I have been acquainted with Ezra for four years but came to know him well last year, as he was in the one class that I taught, a thirteen-student junior English class.

Last spring, while he was singing the lead in "The Marriage of Figaro, " Ezra became especially interested in a short story that we read as a class, Albert Camus's "The Guest." It is a challenging story for any reader, and Ezra became interested in the subtleties of interpreting it, especially in the difficulties inherent in the translation of such a story. What did Camus really mean to say and how might his intentions have been compromised by its English translation? Ezra read the original, French, version of the story and then wrote a superb analysis of the compromises inherent in its English translation. His essay was flawless -- his wording apt, and his analysis insightful, logical and comprehensive. Some of our English faculty can't write so well.

Students and faculty often remark that Ezra is blessed with considerable talent. What many of them overlook is how hard Ezra works to cultivate his talent, whether it be the development of his beautiful voice for an operatic performance or of his writing skills as he works through an essay. I know of the effort that he put into book reviews of _1984_ and _Animal Farm_ because he shared early drafts with me. I also appreciate the time that he put into his analysis of "The Guest" because he stopped by periodically to share his enthusiasm for the project and his progress with it.

In over twenty-five years of teaching, I have known other students with talent equivalent to Ezra's. Many of them lacked his good nature and humility, and few demonstrated the genuine intellectual curiosity that Ezra has exhibited over and over -- a curiosity that is often accompanied by his excitement or enthusiasm for an idea, an author, a literary work or the lead role in a challenging operatic performance.

When I decided to set up a debate on Henry David Thoreau's "Civil Disobedience, " regarding the role of government in our lives today, in an effort to have the class appreciate more fully the contemporary implications of Thoreau's sophisticated essay, it was Ezra who was most helpful in creating a resolution that would lead to that appreciation. Ezra, to no one's surprise, then agreed to argue on any side of the debate.

Ezra is a motivated young man of numerous talents and considerable self-discipline. He is fun-loving, likable, enthusiastic, trusting and trustworthy.

Gary Youstis

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2001-10-7
精华
帖子

Sagittarius射手座 荣誉版主

板凳
发表于 2004-11-7 07:29:57 |只看该作者

Sample College Recommendation (Two)

Sample College Recommendation (Two)

To Whom It May Concern,

Alicia Stone is an exceptional young lady. Most everyone knows of her intellectual acumen, lofty ambitions, dancing abilities, and kindness - indeed, she is a sort of legend in her small hometown of Northfolk - but few know of the struggle Alicia endured during her middle years of high school. Alicia had a close friend, Lori, whom she had met at summer camp. She and Lori had grown very close during the first two years of high school.

During the middle of tenth grade, Alicia received news that Lori was suffering from a rare degenerative disease. It was terminal, Alicia was told. Alicia did not cry. She did not even take a moment to worry about how this might affect her. She simply called me, her principal, and asked if she could miss a few days of school, explaining to me the grave situation. I told her that, of course, she may miss school, provided that she make up her work, which she assured me she would, and which I already knew she would without asking.

Then, before she hung up, Alicia asked me to pray on her friend's behalf, and said, "I can go on without Lori - I have many friends and I will mourn but I have a wonderful life. Lori is suffering so much, though, and when it's all over, that will be it for her. And she is her mother's only child, how will her mom go on." I was so impressed that Alicia was thinking about everyone affected except herself: Lori, Lori's mother, but not Alicia Stone. Such maturity. Alicia knew she had a wonderful life, she had a strong Faith, but she felt for others so profoundly.

Alicia visited Lori often for several months, always bringing her cards and flowers and of course, good cheer. Lori finally passed away that Spring, and Alicia made sure to visit Lori's mother every week that following summer.

You will read of Alicia's grades and scores and sports abilities, of her awards and accolades; I wanted to relate this episode, as it characterizes what this remarkable young lady is really all about. As she graduates high school, I and all of Northfolk are so sad to see Alicia go, but realize that she is destined to effect great things far beyond the narrow confines of our small Rhode Island town.

Sincerely,

Taryn Decker
Principal, Northfolk High School

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2001-10-7
精华
帖子

Sagittarius射手座 荣誉版主

地板
发表于 2004-11-7 07:30:58 |只看该作者

Sample Film Recommendation

Sample Film Recommendation

Dear XXX:

XXX worked for me as my assistant for one year. I recommend her without qualification for the XXX program.

While working in commercial production, I often relied on XXX to put together creative presentations, for which she described and outlined the artistic approach to the project, researching illustrations and photographic reference materials. Her creativity, resourcefulness and ability to see a project through really made these presentations distinctive and successful.

When we went into production on the feature film XXX, XXX was able to observe every step of the process, sitting in on meetings and working with people in all areas of the production from the moment the production was set in motion through the release of the film ten months later.

During this time, she was an effective communicator, often serving as my liason to scattered members of the crew. She also coordinated projects involving numerous people, and her ability to work collaboratively while guiding the project quickly and effectively was outstanding. For example, when we suddenly needed to reconceive several action sequences that had already been storyboarded, XXX quickly found a new storyboard artist on location and worked with him, the stunt coordinator and the cinematographer thorugh several drafts to make sure the new sequences worked, and then communicated with crew members from all departments, making sure everyone was up-to-date on the changes that were relevant to them. She even jumped in to draw a few last-minute storyboard changes herself.

XXX's sensitivity, diligence, energy and sense of humor made working with her a joy. I highly recommend her as a welcome addition to the program.

Sincerely,

XXX

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2001-10-7
精华
帖子

Sagittarius射手座 荣誉版主

发表于 2004-11-7 07:43:45 |只看该作者

Sample Hospital Administrator Recommendation

Sample Hospital Administrator Recommendation

Sample reference letter from a hospital administrator for a Chief of Psychology Service seeking a new position: (names are fictitious)

To Whom It May Concern:

This serves as a letter of reference for Dr. Martin Kaye, Ph.D., who has applied for an administrative position at your company, Healthcare Systems. It is my honor to recommend Dr. Kaye. I have known him since January 1994. I became his administrative supervisor upon my employment at County Medical Center.

Dr. Kaye has been the Chief of Psychology Service here for ten years. He has demonstrated outstanding talents in both administrative/ managerial as well as clinical practice spheres. He has a reputation as a superb manager of the mental health program at this center.

Revealing of his administrative abilities, Dr. Kaye took the initiative to significantly enlarge the substance abuse treatment program (in-patient, day hospital, and outpatient) and the mental health outpatient clinic program. He was able to greatly increase staffing and funding for these services. Consequently the hospital was able to construct an entire new building, devoted exclusively to these programs, a few years ago. As Chief of the Psychology Service, Dr. Kaye has demonstrated uncanny skill in selection of staff and interns. These employees and trainees continue to practice successfully to this day.

Dr. Kaye has also distinguished himself as a superb clinician, working in his profession over two decades: ten years here and ten years in a previous, similar setting. His competence, compassion and ethics as a psychologist are exemplary. In providing a broad spectrum of psychological assessment and treatment, he has more than proven his ability to lead a large and complex mental health care system.

As a clinician, Dr. Kaye also devoted much time recently to developing an outstanding Anger Management Program, a special area of interest which has become in demand in modern American society for obvious reasons. His skill diagnosing and treating Post-traumatic Stress Disorder and other disorders is remarkable. He regularly lectures on these topics to other mental health professionals. Dr. Kaye also provides excellent consultations to inpatient psychiatry and medical-surgical units of this center.

His commitment to education and teaching is highlighted by his early development of the Psychology Internship Program for trained individuals who have completed coursework to qualify for doctoral degrees in psychology. In this capacity he had to develop a seminar curriculum, schedule clinical assignments, arrange for supervision (by himself and others), and coordinate with their doctoral departments at several universities. The supplementary services of these interns do greatly benefit the medical center and its patients. This program had to gain official approval by the American Psychological Association; it thus affords much prestige for our medical center in addition to providing required training for future licensed psychologists.

Fortunately, too, Dr. Kaye's amalgamation of administrative and clinical skills comes "packaged" in a wonderfully friendly, witty, sincere and caring human being. His personality is delightful. He is sensitive, flexible, respected and admired by patients, peers, subordinates and superiors alike. He shines with a humility that belies his intellectual brilliance.

I am deeply impressed by Dr. Kaye and recommend him unhesitatingly. I am confident that, if selected for your vacancy, he would provide the same high level of service and commitment. If you have any questions or wish to speak further about Dr. Kaye, please feel free to call me at 443-887-2345.

Sincerely,
Donald Stern, Ph.D.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2001-10-7
精华
帖子

Sagittarius射手座 荣誉版主

发表于 2004-11-7 07:44:47 |只看该作者

Sample Therapy Recommendation

Sample Therapy Recommendation

It is with great pleasure and enthusiasm that I am writing to endorse ________'s application to your program. For the last 25 years at _________ University, I have been a psychotherapist and instructor in the Counseling and Student Development Center, as well as supervisor to many interns and social work students. I hope my perspective will be helpful to you as you evaluate this exceptional candidate.

My first contact with_______ was during the summer of 1997, when she organized a summer conference outside of _________ for teenagers interested in communication skills. During the course of the week, _______ presented material with such ease and humor that she set the tone for the entire workshop. Her creative ideas for presentations and activities were inventive and entertaining; they were also astonishingly effective.

With participants from a variety of backgrounds, there was often conflict, and occasionally confrontation. While setting limits, _______ managed to respond consistently with respect and compassion. The experience had a profound effect on the participants and, because of _______'s exceptional skill and professionalism, she has been invited by many schools to offer similar workshops

During the time I have known ________, she has distinguished herself as a conscientious and energetic pioneer in the field of social and emotional learning. I have enormous respect for her teaching and leadership skills, and have been pleased to work with her on many occasions.

Two years ago, __________ was invited by _________ University Counseling Center to consult to our Peer Counseling program. I was eager to have such an extraordinary teacher help with the training of the students and the development of the program. Her skills, which were so apparent in Lithuania, were equally impressive in the United States. She was an eager, enthusiastic teacher who was greatly admired by the Hopkins students. She led group discussions and facilitated role-plays with great skill, and also helped in the development of outreach programs. She is particularly gifted at identifying students' needs, encouraging their contributions, and involving them in the planning process. Her commitment and passion for her work was evident as we worked together during that year, and she became a close friend and colleague during the visit.

I know of _________'s continued interest in programs related to social competence and emotional development. She has instituted many impressive programs for school children and families, and it has been an honor to consult with her on some of these projects . I have the greatest admiration for her work.

Your program of study sounds ideally suited to ________'s needs and talents. She will be coming to you with the qualities of a natural therapist: genuineness, warmth, compassion, and integrity. She will also bring her interest in scholarly research and program development. Just as importantly, she would come with an enthusiasm for both learning and teaching, well as a resolute desire to understand new theories and ideas. It is exciting to think of the ways in which she might contribute to your program.

I urge you to carefully consider ________ who is, quite simply, the most remarkable teacher I have ever met.

Sincerely,

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2001-10-7
精华
帖子

Sagittarius射手座 荣誉版主

发表于 2004-11-7 07:46:16 |只看该作者

ZIP FILE

GOOD LUCK !