注册时间
2003-8-24
精华
帖子
发表于 2005-5-27 13:48:09 |显示全部楼层
我是November. 该我写签经了!虽然我的过程很短暂,但是我还是决定多写一些。我想,作为每一个曾经签证的人,还是有义务写写自己的过程的,让他人有些借鉴。

背景:吉大经信计算机本科在读,拿了U of Arizona的CS Master, Graduate Tuition Scholarship

进入正题。

特意选了5月27号,因为我的寝室是527,:)。约的早上8点,不到7点40就到了领馆。人不多,等待。一直到了差不多8点30的样子(人已挺多,但学生很少),保安才出来立了一个牌子“签证在此排队”,本来正在跟老爸老妈还有杨叔叔聊天,见此情景,马上就过去了。很快的,保安检查了身份证和护照,然后我就进去进一步递交DS表格了。但是我的表格有点问题,在那里重填了一下。这里给没有工作经验的提醒一点是: 工作经验的那部分,不能只在title那里填“None”或“无”,下面的每一个位置都要填“None”或“无”。

进去安检,很顺利,直接再进入。往里面走,有一个白色的小屋子,就在那里面等待interview了!我是第三组。第二组已经叫上去一会儿了,这时工作人员下来叫第四组上去。我晕~~~。不过还好,有两个F1在这里陪着我聊天呢。一个是fredzhaolin,另一个是咖啡,都是群里的朋友。又过了一会儿,叫我们第三组了。上去一看,原来是一个很狭长的小屋子。靠近门口的好像是2号窗口吧,一个看上去4,50岁的美国madam在那里负责收集大家的指纹。她站着为大家服务,很客气,感觉很有礼貌,让我心情不错。按完指纹了,等着吧。

签证窗口只开了一个,是韩国mm,但是我觉得她问问题太细致了,每一个都问好久. 我就在那里听她面签其他人。期间又叫上来两组人,再加上她细细的盘问每一个人,很小的屋子很快就拥挤不堪,我看保安也打开了门,并开了通风口,人多了嘛,屋里的空气不太好了。

前面的fred挺顺利的过了,都是常规问题,心里也暗暗的替他高兴。到咖啡了,她也是学CS的,我那时候问她,说学人机交互。但最后她似乎被check了。我也不知道为何。

我想,马上到我了,看了得跟她聊一会儿。但这时候又开了一个窗口,一个年龄有些大的美国大叔出来签了。他站着为大家服务。签了4个后,他竟然拿起了我的护照喊我过去,挺意外的,但我立刻从人群中挤出,大步向前。

M: Good morning,sir.Nice to meet you.
V: Good morning.Nice to meet you. Are you an English speaker?
M: (有点懵,没想到问这种问题)No, I am not, I am a student.(本想说Chinese student).
V: haha, if you speak English, you are an English speaker.
M: (有点意思,赶忙道)Oh, yes, I am an English speaker.
(我已经完全没有紧张的感觉,很放松,其实就是一次聊天)
(将Sevis收据和签证费收据的一起塞出来还给我,我连说Thank you.)
V: What are you going to study?
M: I am going to study computer science.(他oh!了一声,点头。我没管那么多,继续说)Mainly,I am interested in parallel and distributed computing and system,so I want to focus my study in this aspect. (本想继续说我们系里情况,但是没有说,我还想再看看他的问题,没敢太主动)
V: Who will support your study?
M: My parents and UA.(本来想说,my grandma and UA,因为奶奶早年曾留学英国,想把问题直接转过去,顺便谈奶奶对我的影响,鼓励我出国学习,并回来发展自己的事业,但怎么说出来的时候就变成parents了)
V: Oh~.(nod)
V: So you already got your bachelor's degree?
M: No, I am a bachelor now, I will graduate in the coming June.
V: So where is your university? In &^#@? (没听过,不知道他在说哪个城市)
但是,很重要的是,我发现他已经开始撕条了。心里窃喜呢~~
M: No, in Tucson.
V: Oh~!(nod)
把纸条用笔塞出来。
后面说什么我完全没有注意听了,似乎是Good luck in your study in United States之类的。
M:Thank you,sir.Thank you very much!!

整个过程不到2分钟,我感觉。
太高兴了。下楼后,对底下等待的一大堆人说“我过了!!” 听他们在后面说“过了,过了。。。”竟然存款证明都没看,回国计划也没问。

曾经,我还在网上看到别人那样放水的过,自言自语:“我怎么没有这么好的运气?”但今天,好运气真的来眷顾我了。
其实今天出门就感觉不一样。昨天下楼出去溜达,看到楼下停了一个中华出租车,我说:“这种出租挺帅,我也想坐坐看”。果然,今天一出门,楼下就停着一个中华出租车,就感觉是专门在那里等我们一样。当时就有一种幸运得要过的感觉。

还要表达我的感谢。
首先是老爸老妈,他们付出了太多,以至于我无法列举。只能说,去了我会好好努力的,请相信我!!舅妈,特意打电话来说要为我包饺子,还有奶奶,你们那么多人都为我bless呢,灵验了啊~!!还有,杨叔叔,简直把我当亲儿子看了。春梅阿姨,胖胖的刘叔叔,呵呵,一看就是有福气的人。:)在长春的刘叔叔夫妇,利用你们自己的时间带我去办公证。Last but not least, 我最最亲爱的英语王老师,我们一切尽在不言中。
感谢poly,你送我的珠子我一直带在手上,保佑了我一切顺利。
感谢season和媛媛妹妹给我提建议!感谢佩佳给我的帮助!还有网站上那么多未曾谋面的人帮助我,chris song大哥,youcc,一挪一挪的,kelda,热情的天鹅,呵呵,还有那么多发过签经的人,从你们的经验中我吸取了很多!感谢寄托,太傻,提供很多宝贵的信息!
感谢所有直接间接帮助过我的人!!
不知道还忘了谁,别介意啊~!^_^

最后祝所有准备去签证的人都能顺利拿到visa!虽然签证官都说这不受形式影响,但我觉得肯定受!!不然今年不可能全国一片放水,而前几年。。。。虽然你们大家也都会被冲走的,但是细致准备还是非常必要。这次如果我被拒了,也是拿不出什么更多的材料了的。
Bless all~~~!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks to all~~!Hope to see you in USA!

[ Last edited by qmfrank on 2005-5-29 at 12:44 ]
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-8-8
精华
帖子
发表于 2005-5-27 13:50:55 |显示全部楼层
cong~

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-5-6
精华
帖子
发表于 2005-5-27 14:22:32 |显示全部楼层
恭喜楼主啊~~

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-3-9
精华
帖子
发表于 2005-5-27 15:47:36 |显示全部楼层
恭喜搂主,我下下周也去沈阳签,希望也有被洪水冲跑的机会

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2004-7-13
精华
帖子

荣誉版主

发表于 2005-5-27 18:35:30 |显示全部楼层
呵呵,cong
生命是一袭华美的袍,上面爬满了蚤子。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2004-4-8
精华
帖子
发表于 2005-5-27 19:49:10 |显示全部楼层
CONG & ZHAN!!!!
happy everyday!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2004-11-17
精华
帖子
发表于 2005-5-28 00:19:36 |显示全部楼层
cong and zhan!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-3-19
精华
帖子

Scorpio天蝎座 荣誉版主

发表于 2005-5-28 01:33:08 |显示全部楼层
回答的也很不错

准备的有理有据有节,就是形势不好也过啊

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-8-24
精华
帖子
发表于 2005-5-28 09:01:18 |显示全部楼层
稍后奉上我的108问中队关键问题的解答

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2004-2-3
精华
帖子
发表于 2005-5-28 09:38:58 |显示全部楼层
强烈cong~~

我是摇滚

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-8-24
精华
帖子
发表于 2005-5-28 11:42:00 |显示全部楼层
气死我了,刚刚写了那么多,电脑出问题了,全没了~!!!哎~~,重来吧

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-8-24
精华
帖子
发表于 2005-5-28 11:58:55 |显示全部楼层
第一个大问题,为什么去美国,为什么选择那个学校

3) What will you do in USA?
4) Are you going to study in USA?

I am going to study Computer Science. Mainly, I am interested in [  Parallel and Distributed Computing and System  ], so I want to focus my study in this aspect.

(准备的对于我的方向的名词解释,以备VO问到。
Distributed computing or Distributed system is the process of aggregating the power of several computing entities to collaboratively run a single computational task in a transparent and coherent way, so that they appear as a single, centralized system.

Parallel computing is the simultaneous execution of the same task on multiple processors in order to obtain faster results.)

介绍自己的学校,介绍专业,说学校牛。
UA does very well in this aspect. 1/3 of their CS faculties do research in this field and they are among the top CS programs in this field in USA. They conduct much research each year and have a lot of grants. In fact, this is their strongest aspect.

(看看VO的反应,如果他还愿意继续听,那继续说。引导签证官)
~~Actually, this is a very useful research field.
准备其应用的领域,说出来
Its application is mainly related to the Internet and database. For example, more and more websites in China are beginning to use the structure of distributed database system. And also, bank system, stock transaction system, railway ticket selling system, communication networks, etc. Wherever there are resources to be shared and computations to do, we can apply this research field to. (点一下,自己回国会有好的前景)And it will be easy for me to find a good position when I come back because there is a very big and promising market in this field in China.

此部分也可以用于回答18) Why do you like your major?
I am very interested about its application in our daily life. 再接上上面说的应用领域
还有,28) Please tell me whether what you will study in U.S can help you in China?
Definitely, it will help me in China. (讲一下专业的具体的应用,联系起回国)

19) Why do you want to study in USA? / 27) Why do you want go to the United States for further study? (if the accent is on "United States")
Why do you want to go to US?
17) Why do you choose this Univ.?

开门见山的回答
Because of my major and my research field.
Mainly, I am interested in [  Parallel and Distributed Computing and System  ], so I want to focus my study in this aspect.
UA does very well in this aspect. 1/3 of their CS faculties do research in this field and they are among the top CS programs in this field in USA. They conduct much research each year and have a lot of grants. In fact, this is their strongest aspect.

30) Many universities in China offer first--rate graduate programs in Computer Science. Why do you want to go to USA for graduate study? / Why not study in China? / Why not apply the universities in China?

仍然是开门见山的回答
Because of my major and my research field.

说自己本来有机会,但是放弃了,表明自己优秀。但是不要说贬低国内的话
Actually, I am admitted into the Master’s Program of my university without exam, but I gave up this chance because it is USA not China leads the research field of [  Parallel and Distributed Computing and System  ] in the world, which my interest is concerned.

介绍自己的未来大学

以上对于第一个大问题的回答的思路了。具体对话时,VO可能会以不同的形势问,但是一定要清楚他是在问什么,他想知道什么,自己回答的方向。就行了。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-8-24
精华
帖子
发表于 2005-5-28 12:09:39 |显示全部楼层
12) What is your academic background? / Say something about your major/research? / 102) What have you done in your research?

本人是小本,没什么研究背景,但是还是可以努力发掘自己曾经有过的professional experiance

I began to study computer science for my Bachelor’s Degree in Jilin University in 2001.
I have a firm foundation in mathematics which is the foundation of Computer Science,as you can see from my transcript. I have written the lexical analysis part of a compiler in C language, a simple calculator using  JAVA language, a program that can draw a Beizer plane using C language, a chess playing game in Linux enviroment and a program that can do weather forecasting using LS-SVM, which is an algorithm that belongs to Artificial Intelligence. In fact, this is the topic of my undergraduate thesis. Also, I got IBM Certifications for Database last year.

93) What is your dissertation about? What is your specific research of your undergraduate paper?

My undergraduate paper/dissertation is about weather forecasting. According to a set of values, my program should be able to predict the value of the coming days with high precision.

有前两句就可以了,留半句为VO准备着,他若有兴趣多问你的研究怎么实现的,再说这句
I should complete it using LS-SVM, which is an algorithm that belongs to Artificial Intelligence.
已经说到专业了,肯定是自己的强项了,跟他坎吧

21) Why do you receive financial aid from this Univ.?
Well, I think it is because I am an excellent candidate for their Master’s Program. I have a firm foundation in mathematics which is the foundation of computer science, as you can see in my transcript, a clear intention of what I want to learn, a high GPA in my undergraduate studies and some professional experience in doing projects.

92) Your assistantship is for one year, then how about the following years?
My grandma said she would fully support my studies there. And also, it is very likely that I will continue to get scholarship from UA, because I have a firm foundation and I study very hard.

36) How much do you expect you will have to spend each year in the United States?
About $@@. But it is a wise investment and since it is not a burden for my family, they all support me.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-3-19
精华
帖子

Scorpio天蝎座 荣誉版主

发表于 2005-5-29 09:23:19 |显示全部楼层
谢谢。^_^

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-8-24
精华
帖子
发表于 2005-5-29 09:33:00 |显示全部楼层
最后一个问题,回国计划

14) What is your plan? What will you do after graduation? Why? What kind of job can you find in the future?
15) Give me three reasons that you will come back to China? / Why not stay in the United States?

主要是强调自己学的这个在中国刚起步或者很有发展前途,而在美国,已经不好混了。我的是这样写的:

I want to come back to China to work in a company that designs large scale network for big companies. 第一句就点题,说明回来干嘛

It is promising in China.  Due to the fast economic growth of China, people that can design large scale networks for companies are in urgent need. A well-designed structure is scalable and still works well when the business of the company grows. This can save them lots of money in upgrading or even redesigning their system and greatly improves their working efficiency. There is a large space for my development and I have a better command of this technology so I can easily find a good job in China with my specialized knowledge in this field.(说了中国有发展,接下来说美国不好混)While in USA,it will be difficult for me to find a suitable job because this technology is very common there and the market is mature and with little space for my development.

如果前面没有机会说出自己的专业的应用领域,这里也最好在前面作出铺垫。
但现在有些签证官不愿意听长篇大论,所以,第一句就非常关键,立刻点题,说明回来干嘛,后面再解释原因。
如果在前面有了足够的铺垫,那么其实这里说一句话就够了,就是第一句。

好了,我的问题准备写完了。希望对大家又帮助和启发。

最后想说的是,如果有哪位也学CS的朋友看到此帖,建议不要完全照搬,还是发掘自己的特点,看似相似的经历,其实肯定有很大的不同,向VO展示一个完全的你自己,你的背景,你的未来学校的情况,这些内容肯定是因人而异的。

祝所有的人都能拿到OFFER & VISA. Good luck every body~! Bless you all!!

使用道具 举报

RE: 哈哈!5月27日,沈阳,1000被洪水冲跑(后面补充了108问关键问题的解答) [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子
哈哈!5月27日,沈阳,1000被洪水冲跑(后面补充了108问关键问题的解答)
https://bbs.gter.net/thread-279724-1-1.html
复制链接
发送
关闭

站长推荐

寄托24周年庆,发祝福送寄托币!
寄托24岁生日,邀请寄托的小伙伴在本命年周年庆发出你对寄托的祝福, 可以是简单的一句“生日快乐”, 送出祝福小伙伴将会有寄托币奖励!

查看 »

报offer 祈福 爆照
回顶部