2002-10-30
精华
帖子

荣誉版主 QQ联合登录

发表于 2006-7-5 20:42:19 |显示全部楼层
http://www.talkskyland.com/dispb ... D=141571&skin=1
来源:清谈天地 www.talkskyland.com

下面是我根据她谈话的内容所做的记录。

In my family, we have all pursued education to a master’s degree level at least. My older sister was first in her high school class and my younger brother was 2nd in his high school class. My younger sister and I were bums. My younger sister was in the top 10% of the class. I was not in any of these categories because I started very late. I believe that I was probably an attention deficit child, but in those days nobody paid any attention to this. I was first in the high school class for the last two years and I did in fact win awards as the best physics student, best chemistry student, best mathematics student, and best psychology student in my class. Because I had so much catching up to do I had to work doubly hard and this was very hard on me but did have the advantage of making me learn the core materials to the beginning of college very well. I do appreciate the value of pushing a subject to mastery rather than just meeting the requirements. In truth I found that at first I was having to really kill myself but over time it became easier.

Any subject which one studies hard enough to get an A will stay with him/her and help him/her in future studies much more than a course in which one only obtain a B. I believe in taking some subjects to mastery level. I am not sure that I believe that every subject should receive the same effort. I believe that mastery really makes the most sense for a course that is related to the direction you wish to pursue in your studies.

Obtaining very good grades can really be a help to a student. I have been deeply involved in college recruiting for my company and I know very well exactly how it works for my company and I can see very clearly the level of competition. I know there are years when we do not look at any resume below a grade point average of 3.7 for my department. Other years we may set the screening level at 3.4. These people also have to impress the on campus interviewer. If you are only a B student many of the more desirable and competitive employers will not interview you.

In times when the job market is tight it will be hard for you to pass the technical interviews. Many of the more selective employers are also the more stable employers and are better places to work. So I do not agree with just being a B student in graduate school at all. I would never have been accepted into Hewlett Packard had I not put up some very good grades.

来源:清谈天地 www.talkskyland.com
爱是恒久忍耐,又有恩慈;爱是不嫉妒,爱是不自夸,不张狂,不作害羞的事,不求自己的益处,不轻易发怒,不计算人家的恶,不喜欢不义,只喜欢真理;凡事包容,凡事相信,凡事盼望,凡事忍耐;爱是永不止息.

回应

使用道具 举报

RE: ZZ 我和一家长聊天有关大学GPA的意义 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子