Boston univ.的要求 [复制链接]

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-3-19
精华
帖子
发表于 2006-9-11 21:36:33 |只看该作者
有一些学校要video的,不过这样就不需要准备面试了阿~我看到有学校说那Video作为fellowship的考虑因素的。呵呵,也蛮好的阿。总比直接和老外电话聊好多了

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-4-16
精华
帖子
发表于 2006-12-20 22:07:08 |只看该作者
说实话,VEDIO我觉得还好,但是WRITING SAMPLE 我就觉得变态了。我真的,真的写不出。有的要5-20 页,有的要三篇,UTAH跟我说你要是写不出长的,就交几篇感觉好的短篇,但加起来要有10页。
我晕!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-11-4
精华
帖子
发表于 2006-12-21 00:56:49 |只看该作者

圈圈的~

我拍Boston U的三分钟video了。。。在风里站了两天才拍出来。。。
最后三脚架让风吹倒了。。还把DV机给摔坏了。。
网申申到一半。。最后还是决定不申了。。。
Boston很牛逼吗???SB门槛那么高。。verbal都要到了天价了。。
我不理解为什么只有international student才要video。。
美国本土申mass comm.的学生就各个张得跟汤姆克鲁样的吗?
咱们还是不用管这种学校的臭毛病。。又不是非它不嫁。。妈的。。
what's in ur BMW?

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-4-16
精华
帖子
发表于 2006-12-22 21:00:54 |只看该作者
LS 申什么专业,VERBAL需要天价?
我申PR, 怎么没有看到对VERBAL 的要求?
莫非是我又疏忽了???

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-10-19
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-1-5 05:44:26 |只看该作者
我申了BU.它的传媒学院很好很好的。个人很喜欢。
我记得BU对托福的要求好像不是两年内都可以,而是一年半左右貌似?(忘记了。。。)
也要求三分钟video.
我的video要求是回答三个它给出的问题,我先列了一个自己的小提纲,然后说了2遍理一下思路。然后录video.一共录了两遍,之后选择了第二次的素材,刻了video资料盘,并在我用dv tape提交的作品带上附上相同的以做备份。并不是很麻烦的。
我觉得如果你真的想申一个学校的话,就按照他的要求去做。
若有实在不合理或奇怪的要求,可以发信去和他们商量。如果没的选择,要么不申,要么乖乖听话自己努力解决。
文科申请相比理工,的确要复杂很多。但是坚持一件一件去做就好了。
如果连最初申请中这样的小困难都难以克服,以后出去念书或者工作遇到更多的事情要怎么解决呢。
obey the rules, then break them. :)
大家加油,祝福大家都能够成功:)

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-1-31
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-1-5 12:09:37 |只看该作者
原帖由 kikilovekiki 于 2007-1-5 05:44 发表
我申了BU.它的传媒学院很好很好的。个人很喜欢。
我记得BU对托福的要求好像不是两年内都可以,而是一年半左右貌似?(忘记了。。。)
也要求三分钟video.
我的video要求是回答三个它给出的问题,我先列了一个 ...

佩服佩服!!
:loveliness: :loveliness:
自己就懒得在拍DV,决定就把其他材料寄过去,爱看不看:cool: :cool:
格物,致知,诚意,正心,修身

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-2-26
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-1-12 03:19:24 |只看该作者
I think I need to make a response to this Boston University thing. Sorry, I couldn't type Chinese on my officie computer.

I am a first year PhD student at Boston University with full scholarship, and my major is one of the social science disciplines.(I would like to keep a secret here, and if you come to BU, you might find me around you at COM.) I have been noticing this issue for a couple of weeks, and I was surprised to find that many Chinese applicants gradually became so resentful toward such requirement of COM (college of communication) at BU. I feel obligated to stand out and say something about this. I am a Chinese, and I absolutely understand whatever situation those people have. Also, I know how hard it is for a student from social science discipline to get full financial support here to conitue his or her study. Nevertheless, at this time, I would like to stand out and critize you guys.

First, it is about the so-called high requirement of verbal score. If you are a student from biology or chemistry or physics, you can totally
forget what I said here. However, if you are a student majoring in communication, I can't put more emphasis on your verbal skills. First,
it is your fluent English to help you obtain a scholarship. Normally, for a PhD student from social science, our funding is from Teaching
Fellowship. The main responsibility is to teach discussion sessions. NOTICE: This is DISCUSSION SESSION not LAB. That's to say, you have to give lecture from the beginning to the end, and you have to motive your students to participate in your lecture, and you have to
response to whatever questions they raised during or after class. I know some PhD students in chemistry at BU, their job is to teach Lab, which is just to tell those undergraduate students how to use all these lab equiptments. You know, somtimes, you just need to tell them hand by hand, and your verbal skills are not highly required here. I can still remember the first time I taught discussion session at BU, I
could clearly see the boring expression from my students. If I did even further worse, they would directly leave the classroom and
complain to the dean afterwards, and then of course I will be in trouble, and no professor would like to hire me as a TA anymore. (BTW: I got my Master from Johns Hopkins University.) Thus, for those who intends to go to U.S. to study communication or other social disciplines, BUILD your linguistic skills first. Recently, at BU CSSA (chinese students and scholarship association), I met some master students
from COM, and they kept complaing about how hard it is for them to find a job here. (Actually, for most American students at BU COM, ithey could easier find a job at NY with starting salary of 70,000 dollars per year.)Yes, it is true, they are all self-funded students,
and when they went to NY to hunt for a job, how could they compete with all those Americans or English-native speakers?? If you are
the boss, and you could hire a native speaker or non-native speaker to work for your journal or television station, who would you
choose? I think there is no need for me to give answers here.

Second, it is about BU and BC. I could not deny that due to the location of Boston, Boston University get a myriad of benefits. For
instance, it is easy for us to find a job here in New York, and that is the very reason I turned down so many offers a year ago including
University of Wisconsin and Indiana University. But, if due to the requirement of three-minute video and high requirements of verbal
score, you said BU is nothing compared to BC, I could not agree with you. If you are really a big fan for communication and get yourself
dedicated to this profession, I think Boston University COM's master program is definitely TOP 5 of the United States. Maybe, BC has
other good programs, but compared to BU in terms of communication, I don't think it is a good place to go.

I am still a Chinese student , and I really want to make several suggestions to those applicats who wrote their opinions above. Verbal 580 is not a big deal for you, and if you want to survive here in COM, you should definitely score much higher than that, both for your scholarship and your career in United States. If you get scared by the requirements of high verbal score and video requirements and choose to resent and curse such a good university, I absolutely look down upon you. Just build your strong linguistic skills and get yourself prepared before you come here, you will find that all these qualities open a myriad of doors for you.

If you agree with me, and try your best to get into COM at BU, you could send message to my account at GTER. I promise, I treat you dinner at Boston University George Sherman Union. But, if you get scared by these requirements and say something bad to my school, I
believe that you will never be here, and even you get into one school in U.S. with communication major, I think the probability for you
to achieve a wise career in U.S. is dim.

That's it.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-11-7
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-1-13 15:24:16 |只看该作者
原帖由 acceptme 于 2006-12-21 00:56 发表
我拍Boston U的三分钟video了。。。在风里站了两天才拍出来。。。
最后三脚架让风吹倒了。。还把DV机给摔坏了。。
网申申到一半。。最后还是决定不申了。。。
Boston很牛逼吗???SB门槛那么高。。verbal都 ...

大家都拍了video了吗? 我觉得拍这个感觉怪怪,美国人太理想话,还叫我录一段有关于社区的...
中美之间客观环境差异很大啊:(

使用道具 举报

RE: Boston univ.的要求 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子