2004-6-29
精华
帖子

荣誉版主 Economist QQ联合登录 Scorpio天蝎座 Golden Apple

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2007-4-20 00:23:47 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
签证官直通热线03060703-06-2007 01:14:21
nina2: I heard that I have less chance of getting a student visa if I have no scholarship? Is that true?
桑德拉•拉巴奇: Answer: Thank you for your question. Whether or not a student is issued a visa is not dependent on whether or not the student has been granted a scholarship. However, it could be relevant as a means to show that the applicant has the ability to pay for the education they wish to pursue. Please remember in order to receive a student visa, students must establish they have a legitimate purpose of travel, strong ties to their country, and the ability to pay for their desired education in the United States. 提问:我听说没有奖学金会降低获得学生签证的机率,是真的吗? 回答:谢谢您的问题. 申请人是否能获得学生签证与他/她是否被授予奖学金没有固定联系. 不过,申请人可以用获得奖学金这一点来证明自己有能力支付赴美留学的费用. 请记住要获得美国学生签证,申请人必须能证明以下三点: 有正当合理的访美目的;在本国拥有牢固的约束力;还有就是有能力支付自己在美国留学的费用.

03-06-2007 01:37:50
uncle help: How to apply for a bachlor degree study in the U.S. for the Chinse high school graduates? What else documents shall I bring to the visa interview besides the necessary ones?
桑德拉•拉巴奇: Good Question! First of all, applying for universities in the US is a separate process from applying for a US Visa. The first step in applying to a University is to determine your course of study and what school you would like to attend. Please go to liuxueusa.cn for information regarding universities and study abroad programs. The second step would be to apply to a university you would like to attend. After you are accepted to the University you will receive an I-20 from that University, only then can you plan to apply for your visa. In order to apply for your visa, make an appointment and come in prepared to demonstrated three things. The first is why you are going to the US, the second is your strong ties to China which will ensure your return to China, and lastly how you intend to pay for your education in the US. The documents you shoud prepare will substantiate the above criteria. *** 提问:中国的高中生要想申请去美国读大学怎样办理? 除了必须递交的申请材料外,面谈时我还应该准备哪些支持性文件?*** 回答:问得好! 首先需要说明的是申请美国大学和申请美国学生签证是两个不同的程序. 申请美国大学的第一步是确定学习的课程及想去的大学. 欲知有关美国大学及课程设置等详细信息,请访问liuxueusa.cn. 第二步是向您选中的美国大学递交入学申请. 当您被学校接收后,您会收到I-20表. 只有在拿到I-20表后您才能准备申请签证. 要申请学生签证,您必须提前预约并在约定的时间前来面谈. 面谈时您必须能证明以下三点: 第一点是您为什么要去美国留学; 第二点是您在中国是否有牢固的约束力能保证您留学后返回中国; 最后一点是您怎样支付赴美留学的费用. 在准备签证材料时您应该围绕以上三个方面来准备. 回答:

03-06-2007 01:53:19
uncle help: Shall I trust any commercial agent advertising for visa issues and studies in the U.S.? How can I apply for traveling and sightseeing in the U.S.? B1 or B2 visa is enough? Do I need any different visa application or through the travel agency? Does the U.S. allow such sightseeing visa application?
桑德拉•拉巴奇: Tourism related questions are excellent questions. Anyone can travel to the US for tourism by applying for a B1/B2 visa. There is no need to go through a travel agent to apply for this visa. In fact, applicants should be wary of anyone who advertises that they can help facilitate the visa process. What is important to remember in applying for a tourist visa is applicants must substantiate their strong ties to China and present to the visa officer their reason and plan for travel.*** 提问: 有些中介会登广告宣传他们能帮助申请人办理赴美签证和赴美留学等等,我应该相信他们吗? 我想去美国旅游,办理B1或B2签证就可以吗? 申请旅游签证需要准备什么特殊材料吗? 还是需要通过旅行社办理? 美国允许中国公民申请旅游签证吗? *** 回答:很高兴有人问到有关旅游签证的问题. 任何人都可以赴美旅游,只要申请B1/B2签证就可以了. 申请旅游签证不必通过旅行社或中介公司. 事实上,申请人在看到任何中介宣传他们能提供签证协助的时候都应该提高警惕. 在申请旅游签证的时候,重要的是记住申请人必须证明他们在中国有足够牢固的约束力,还有就是向签证官说明为什么想去美国旅游,旅行计划是什么.

03-06-2007 01:56:03
Ding Jichun: 我在3月2日申请签证被拒绝了,什么时候我可以再次申请签证
桑德拉•拉巴奇: 拒签后您随时可以再次申请. 但我们建议您在个人总体情况有明显变化之后再重新申请.  

03-06-2007 01:59:12
Chat Participant: 我怎么可以学习在美国?
桑德拉•拉巴奇: 请访问美国驻华大使馆的网站查看相关信息,网址是http://beijing.usembassy-china.org.cn. 此网站提供中文信息. 如果您有更具体的问题,请在今后的网谈中提问.

03-06-2007 02:02:43
Chat Participant: What is the visa approval rate at U.S. Embassy in Beijing?
桑德拉•拉巴奇: 2006年美国驻华大使馆及领事馆在全中国的签证签发率是75.5%. 申请人普遍认为我们拒签的人数大大多于签发的数量其实正好相反.

签证官直通热线04030704-03-2007 01:49:02
HS: 1) Appx how much it takes for CR1 immigrant visa approval under administrative at consulate? 2) What steps can be taken for unusual delays for more than 1 year under this process? 3) Which officials & where to be contacted for request for not getting any replies from consulate? 4) What judicial remidies can be taken for same?
桑德拉•拉巴奇: Unfortunately, Beijing consular section only deals with Non Immigrant Visa issues. Your question involves Immigrant Visas. The best resource for immigrant visa questions is the Guangzhou website at http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/immigrant_visas.html . Good luck in your queries.

04-03-2007 01:55:56
Wendy2: How to apply a business visa scucessfully for second time with the premise of refusal at first time, a girl unmarried. But there are company guarantee,family guarantee and my bank certificate. Thanks a lot and I will be highly appreciated if there is a reply.
桑德拉•拉巴奇: To receive a visa for business travel, one must meet the requirements of the Immigration and Naturalization Act section 214B. That section requires all applicants to overcome the presumption of immigrant intent. One can overcome the presumption of immigrant intent by showing substantial ties to your country and demonstrating legitimate business travel. If you have been refused once, and if you feel you were not able to convey your substantial ties and legitimate business travel, be very prepared for your next interview. If you don’t succeed this time, remember a refusal is temporary and in the future as you develop more ties to your country you may become eligible.

04-03-2007 01:58:21
renhongrenhong: I get an offer from an American University,and my husband would like to accompany me to America.Therefor, we want to apply for the Visa together.But when I ask the University to send the I-20 for him and me.They replied as follows "We can only provide an I-20 for students that we are admitting. We can add him to your I-20, but cannot provide him with his own because he is not one of our students. " In such condition, can we still apply for Visa together? Thank you very much.
桑德拉•拉巴奇: The school should provide an I-20 for your husband. It may only have his name on the form with you listed as the primary, but that is okay. You are both welcome to come in together, work with your school to be certain you receive the appropriate documentation. Good luck.

04-03-2007 02:03:54
coco2: Hello?I will graduate in July 2007,and I m very lucky that there is a couple of American who will support me to study in USA, my major is tourism management and I want to study English , they will give me the financial garantee certification and I will live with them for one year,but my family is not rich,my parents they have no money,but this is good chance to me to study English, so, I m worried about the visa, its very hard for me ,because I m poor, so can you tell me what should I do? like me this case,its easy or hard to get the visa? and the school is an ELI(english language institute)programe school.they told me I neednt to prapare the trascript of my college ,and if I should give you the TOFFLE or others for my visa?thankyou give me this chance !
桑德拉•拉巴奇: One is not required to take the TOEFL test or any other test to receive a visa. If your language program requires those tests, we may ask to see your results only to substantiate your qualifications as a student. You will, however, still be required to show your I-20, demonstrate your acceptance into the program, your ties to your country and how you will pay for the education. Good luck in your English studies.

04-03-2007 02:07:24
Katie83: I am just admitted by Marshall School of Business in USC, a good University, but I changed my job for three time during 2 years, is it a disadvantage? Thank you!
桑德拉•拉巴奇: Student still must overcome the presumption of immigrant intent, however, we also look to the school you are going to, your qualifications as a viable student, and your ability to pay or fund the intended education. I don't think changing your jobs 3 times in 2 years will greatly change your chances of obtaining a visa. Just be honest with the visa officer, if you try and omit something on your visa application, it is considered misrepresentation and will definitely impact your chances of getting a visa.

04-03-2007 02:10:53
learner77: what is acceptable "usual documents to show my ties to my home country?"
桑德拉•拉巴奇: For every person that answer is different. The best way to think of this question is "why would I come home". Your job, your family, your assets, etc. Next, think of what you have to substantiate the reasons you would come home after a temporary visit to the US. How do you substantiate your job, your family, your bank accounts, your stocks, your animals, etc.? Bring in everything you have and be ready to explain your situation.

04-03-2007 02:11:31
coco2: 签证官:您好!我是一名大四毕业生,今年七月将毕业,我很有幸得到以对美国夫妇的资助,去美国的一个语言机构学习英语,学校不要求学分,也不需要任何英语成绩, 我是否需要去考托福或雅思呢? 这是签证必须要的吗?我将得到这对夫妇的全额资助,和他们吃住都在一起,学习一年,并由他们出具经济担保,但是我的家庭条件不好,父母没有多少存款,也没钱供我去美国读书,那么象我这种情况的签证通过率高吗?还是根本没有机会?谢谢!
桑德拉•拉巴奇: One is not required to take the TOEFL test or any other test to receive a visa. If your language program requires those tests, we may ask to see your results only to substantiate your qualifications as a student. You will, however, still be required to show your I-20, demonstrate your acceptance into the program, your ties to your country and how you will pay for the education. Good luck in your English studies. 要得到签证,申请人无须通过托福或其它英语考试。如果您的语言项目要求您通过此类考试,签证官可能会请您出示相关考试的成绩,主要是为了证明您是一位合格的学生。在面谈时,您必须出示的有I-20表,证明您被该学习项目录取的通知书,您在中国有牢固约束力的证明,以及您如何支付学习费用的证明。祝您学习顺利。

04-03-2007 02:12:09
Katie83: hi ma'am, I changed my job for three time in 2 years, is it a disadvantage when I apply for my F1 visa?
桑德拉•拉巴奇: See response above.

04-03-2007 02:16:35
Katie83: Thank you so much for the response. (Sandra, I don't think that you should post this, but I wanted to let you know that your responses are appreciated) :)

04-03-2007 02:19:38
renhongrenhong: I get an offer from an American University,and my husband would like to accompany me to America.Therefor, we want to apply for the Visa together.But when I ask the University to send the I-20 for him and me.They replied as follows "We can only provide an I-20 for students that we are admitting. We can add him to your I-20, but cannot provide him with his own because he is not one of our students. " In such condition, can we still apply for Visa together? Thank you very much.
桑德拉•拉巴奇: The school should provide an I-20 for your husband. It may only have his name on the form with you listed as the primary, but that is okay. You are both welcome to come in together, work with your school to be certain you receive the appropriate documentation. Good luck.

04-03-2007 02:22:40
toysrez: My name is Qina and I came to US about 10 years ago (J1) and married to an US citizen about 7 years ago and now I am green card holder. I live in New York city with my husband and we both have stable jobs (about 80k annual gross income). Both of my parents (age 54 and 53) are in China and my dad owns his business and my mom work as an accounting manager in a mid size company. My dad came to US 3 times for the past 8 years for business and pleasure. His visa got refused once which was the time he and mom applied together. My mom applied the visa for 3 times and got refused for 3 times. I supported (i-134) last time but also got refused. We do not know why she got refused whenever she apply for the visa since my parents have ties in China and it would be very hard for them to stay in the US. I am thinking for my mom to apply the visa again in May cause I just want her to come here relex for 2 weeks. We do not know what exactly why she got refused everytime and what should we repair. I only know was when last time the officer asked her what kind visa did your daughter had to enter the US and she said" i m not sure, i think student" (actually i m exchange student and had a J1 visa). so we were thinking was that the problem she got refused last time because she didnt give the officer the currect answer? or because I had J1 visa before and even I have greencard now, my mom still cant qualify? I was also wondering is it better for me to submit i-134 for my mom or just let her support on her own? Thank you very much for your kindness to response this matter. Best regards, Qina
桑德拉•拉巴奇: We see a lot of parents come in for visas to visit their children. A couple of things all parents should be able to explain is their child's status in the US and what they are doing in the US. We always ask for copies of the visa, green card, or passport of the child and usually ask for pictures of the parents with their children to substantiate relationship. If you provide the copies of your immigration status, make sure they are legible. Parents also must overcome 214B explained above. They must provide proof of their ties to China and that they intend to return after a temporary visit. Good luck to your parents.

04-03-2007 02:24:52
henryzwh2: I was rejected once in 2002 when i was in Netherland. Is there any influence with my application now in Beijing?
桑德拉•拉巴奇: A refusal from 2002 will be noticed, but since 5 years have passed and you are now in Beijing, I would be more interested in what you have been doing the last 5 years and what ties you currently have to China. Good luck!

04-03-2007 02:34:34
Katie83: Hello, I am enrolled in one of America University this Feb. On the I 20, the No.6, the English proficiency wrote that "The student is not yet proficient, English instructions will be given at the school". I asked the University, it is because my TOEFL will be invalid when I enter the school, but my TOEFL is not low( more than 600 ). Is there some trouble about this to get my visa?
桑德拉•拉巴奇: If your TOEFL is over 600, I imagine your English is very good. Just be prepared to explain your intended study plan. Additionally, be prepared to show your ties to China, ability to fund the education, and the acceptance letter with the I-20.

04-03-2007 02:42:46
learner77: Dear Visa Offier: Is it acceptable for you that my aunt-my mother's sister who is in London in UK assumes the full financial responsibility for my study in PhD in Computer Science in USA, if she has the ability and is willing to do so? What about her husband who is a French?
桑德拉•拉巴奇: Sponsers are common for students who study abroad. The important factor will be providing proof to the visa officer of your aunt and uncle's intentions and ability to pay.

04-03-2007 02:44:39
zengx: 4 years ago my application for F-1 visa was rejected in Chengdu because the visa officer said I was too young and he advised me to continue my graduate study in US after my undergraduate study. Now I am going to complete my undergraduate study soon and I am admitted in a PhD Program by a US university. My question is that, will that rejection affect my coming application for F-1 visa? Should I indicate that rejection in my application form?
桑德拉•拉巴奇: Never Omit anything on your visa form. If you omit something, the officer will assume misrepresentation and it will put your whole application at risk. Your prior refusal was 4 years ago and is not likely to have a strong impact on your current application. In addition to showing your ties, I-20, and ability to pay, I recommend you provide your transcripts from your undergraduate program. Good luck.

04-03-2007 02:46:18
zengx: My fall semester starts in mid-August, when should I come to apply for my F-1 visa?
桑德拉•拉巴奇: An F-1 visa application will be considered 120 days before the date the program begins. However, the earliest one can enter the US is 30 days before the date the program begins. We always recommend applying early!

04-03-2007 02:49:12
zengx: A PhD program usually lasts for 5 years, but a visa usually is valid for one year. Should I come back and apply for a new F-1 visa before it expires?
桑德拉•拉巴奇: Once you enter the US on an F-1 visa, as long as you are in good standing in your academic program your visa status is considered current. If you return home, you will need to apply to renew your F-1 while in China. When reapplying, make your appointment for as soon as you come back to China and allow sufficient time for processing.

04-03-2007 02:59:37
learner77: My major is law, but my real interest is Computer Science! To realize my dream of studying and researching computer science, i minor in Computer Science. On the process of minoring and self studying, i fall in love with software engineering, one of the direction of computer science. During the university time, i have published 7 papers about software engineering in popular magazines in China and developed several software. Now i have received two admissions from universities in USA for PhD in Computer Science. I am very excited about the big opportunity for potential improvements. But now i am quite worried about visa. Does the change of my major from arts to science have a bad effect on my visa application? what kind of certificates should i show you to prove my minor, published papers and software? According to my background, am i easily checked for pursuing PhD in computer science in usa? Thanks in advance for your answers!
桑德拉•拉巴奇: Congratulations on your acceptance to the PHD programs. Every student applying for study in the US must explain why they are choosing the program they are choosing. Be prepared to share with the officer exactly what you have just shared with me. Be prepared to show your papers, publications, and any other certifications you have received. Always be prepared for possible extra administrative processing by applying early and bringing a detailed resume to the interview. Lastly, don't forget you must also demonstrate your ties to China, and your ability to fund your education. Good luck!

04-03-2007 03:00:10
flora: I visited US with J-1 visa in 2005 and came back to China in 2006 August. I married in US with an US citizen. Now I have to go to US for court hearing for my divorce case, can I apply B-2 visa?
桑德拉•拉巴奇: A B-2 visa is the appropriate visa category for your intended travel.

04-03-2007 03:02:01
zengx: 1,四年前(2003年)我被美国的TRUMAN UNIVERSITY 录取为本科生。但在成都签证时被拒签。当时签证官对我说由于我年龄太小,应该在国内读完本科再过去读研究生。于是,我来到北京读了本科。现在我本科即将毕业,同时又被美国的大学录取为2007年秋季的PHD研究生。我不知道那次拒签是否会对我这次签证有所影响?我该如何准备我的签证?在填表时,我是否要将四年前的拒签写上? 2,由于读PHD研究生一般需要4-5年,而签证只有一年时间,那如果一年期到了该怎么办。是要回来重新办吗? 3,我的学校是8月中旬开学,我一般是在什么时候来签证比较好?
桑德拉•拉巴奇: Your refusal 4 years ago should not hold great weight in determining your eligibility for a graduate student visa. Be sure to prepare your undergraduate transcripts, proof of ties to China, and acceptance letter and I-20 from your University. Additionally, be ready to explain how you will fund your education and your intended course of study. Although the visa is good for one year, as long as you are in good standing at the University you will be in lawful student status. If you return to China during the course of your studies and apply to renew your F-1 visa, please bring your transcripts to demonstrate your continued studies. In regards to when to apply, you may apply up to 120 days before the start of your program. However, you can only enter the US 30 days before the program begins. Due to potential additional processing, we always recommend you apply as early as possible. 您4年前的拒签记录不会对您此次的签证申请造成很大影响。面谈前请将您大学时期的成绩单准备好,还有您在中国有牢固约束力的证明,美国学校的录取通知书以及I-20表。另外您必须能够合理解释您如何支付学习的费用。 虽然签证的有效期只有一年,但只要您能在学校保持学生身份,那么您在美国期间就一直是合法的学生。如果您在学习期间回到了中国并需要重新申请新的学生签证,那么请携带学校的成绩单,以便证明您将继续在该学校学习。 关于什么时候申请签证,您最早可以比开学日期提前120天来申请。但您只能在距开学30天之内进入美国。由于可能会进行额外审理,我们建议您尽早申请。

04-03-2007 03:03:01
桑德拉•拉巴奇: Thanks to everyone for your participation! I look forward to chatting with you again on April 17th. Have a great couple of weeks!

04-03-2007 03:16:44
桑德拉•拉巴奇: Thanks for your participation! See you in two weeks.

[ 本帖最后由 kevinhrm 于 2007-4-20 00:28 编辑 ]
not applicable
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-8-25
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2007-4-20 06:30:31 |只看该作者
顶,谢谢分享!

[ 本帖最后由 nasamiz 于 2007-4-20 06:38 编辑 ]

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-9-23
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2007-4-20 08:54:39 |只看该作者
谢谢楼主!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-8-10
精华
帖子
地板
发表于 2007-4-20 08:57:54 |只看该作者
谢谢........

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-12-16
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-4-20 09:20:27 |只看该作者
good

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-5-30
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-4-20 09:29:30 |只看该作者
这玩意好……
人生两大主题——睡觉发呆

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-9-13
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-4-20 09:49:06 |只看该作者
3Q

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-1-2
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-4-20 10:35:33 |只看该作者
thanx!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2004-9-12
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-4-20 10:42:30 |只看该作者
3x

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-9-5
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-4-20 12:05:30 |只看该作者
thanks for sharing,LZ
Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-10-11
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-4-25 12:27:47 |只看该作者
顶!!谢谢楼主!
祈祷我们在美国一切顺利;祈祷我爱的人和爱我的人都能永远幸福健康~我知道,离开你,我也不会遇上再可以爱的人

使用道具 举报

声望