注册时间
2007-9-8
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2007-10-21 10:10:26 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
Character Qualities
The Greek word for character is charakter. It is translated in Scripture as the “express image.” According to The Complete Word Study Dictionary New Testament, the word “originally denoted an engraver or engraving tool. Later it meant the impression itself, ususally something engraven, cut in, or stamped, a character, letter, mark, [or] sign. This impression with its particular features was considered as the exact representation of the object whose image it bore.” In Hebrews 1:3, Christ is referred to as the “express image” of God; He fully expressed the character of God through His life.
One of God’s primary goals for believers is to transform them into the image of His Son so that they may be a reflection of the character of Christ. We can take comfort in this purpose when we experience difficulties because “We know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose” (Romans 8:28).

Operational Definitions of 49 Character Qualities

Alertness vs. Unawareness
Being aware of that which is taking place around me so I can have the right response to it (Mark 14:38)

Attentiveness vs. Unconcern.
Showing the worth of a person by giving undivided attention to his words and emotions (Hebrews 2:1)

Availability vs. Self-centeredness
Making my own schedule and priorities secondary to the wishes of those I am serving (Philippians 2:20–21

Boldness vs. Fearfulness
Confidence that what I have to say or do is true and right and just in the sight of God (Acts 4:29)
Cautiousness vs. Rashness
Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions (Proverbs 19:2)
Compassion vs. Indifference
Investing whatever is necessary to heal the hurts of others (I John 3:17)
Contentment vs. Covetousness
Realizing that God has provided everything I need for my present happiness (I Timothy 6:8)

Creativity vs. Underachievement
Approaching a need, a task, an idea from a new perspective (Romans 12:2)
Decisiveness vs. Double-mindedness
The ability to finalize difficult decisions based on the will and ways of God (James 1:5)
Deference vs. Rudeness
Limiting my freedom in order not offend the tastes of those whom God has called me to serve
Dependability vs. Inconsistency
Fulfilling what I consented to do even if it means unexpected sacrifice (Psalm 15:4)
Determination vs. Faintheartedness
Purposing to accomplish God’s goals in God’s time regardless of the opposition (II Timothy 4:7–8)
Diligence vs. Slothfulness
Visualizing each task as a special assignment from the Lord and using all my energies to accomplish it (Colossians 3:23)
Discernment vs. Judgment
The God-given ability to understand why things happen (I Samuel 16:7)
Discretion vs. Simplemindedness
The ability to avoid words, actions, and attitudes which could result in undesirable consequences (Proverbs 22:3)
Endurance vs. Giving up
The inward strength to withstand stress to accomplish God’s best (Galatians 6:9)
Enthusiasm vs. Apathy
Expressing with my soul the joy of my spirit (I Thessalonians 5:16,19)
Faith vs. Presumption
Visualizing what God intends to do in a given situation and acting in harmony with it (Hebrews 11:1)
Flexibility vs. Resistance
Not setting my affections on ideas or plans which could be changed by God or others (Colossians 3:2)
Forgiveness vs. Rejection
Clearing the record of those who have wronged me and allowing God to love them through me (Ephesians 4:32)
Generosity vs. Stinginess
Realizing that all I have belongs to God and using it for His purposes (II Corinthians 9:6)
Gentleness vs. Harshness
Showing personal care and concern in meeting the need of others (I Thessalonians 2:7)
Gratefulness vs. Unthankfulness
Making known to God and others in what ways they have benefited my life (I Corinthians 4:7)
Hospitality vs. Loneliness
Cheerfully sharing food, shelter, and spiritual refreshment with those whom God brings into my life (Hebrews 13:2)
Humility vs. Pride
Recognizing that it is actually God and others who are responsible for the achievements in my life (James 4:6)
Initiative vs. Unresponsiveness
Recognizing and doing what needs to be done before I am asked to do it (Romans 12:21)
Joyfulness vs. Self-pity
The spontaneous enthusiasm of my spirit when my soul is in fellowship with the Lord (Psalm 16:11)
Justice vs. Fairness
Personal responsibility to God’s unchanging laws (Micah 6:8)
Love vs. Selfishness
Giving to others’ basic needs without having as my motive personal reward (I Corinthians 13:3)
Loyalty vs. Unfaithfulness
Using difficult times to demonstrate my commitment to God and to those whom He has called me to serve (John 15:13)
Meekness vs. Anger
Yielding my personal rights and expectations to God (Psalm 62:5)
Obedience vs. Willfulness
Freedom to be creative under the protection of divinely appointed authority (II Corinthians 10:5)
Orderliness vs. Disorganization
Preparing myself and my surroundings so I will achieve the greatest efficiency (I Corinthians 14:40)
Patience vs. Restlessness
Accepting a difficult situation from God without giving Him a deadline to remove it (Romans 5:3–4)
Persuasiveness vs. Contentiousness
Guiding vital truths around another’s mental roadblocks (II Timothy 2:24)
Punctuality vs. Tardiness
Showing high esteem for other people and their time (Ecclesiastes 3:1)
Resourcefulness vs. Wastefulness
Wise use of that which others would normally overlook or discard (Luke 16:10)
Responsibility vs. Unreliability
Knowing and doing what both God and others are expecting from me (Romans 14:12)
Reverence vs. Disrespect
Awareness of how God is working through the people and events in my life to produce the character of Christ in me (Proverbs 23:17–18)
Security vs. Anxiety
Structuring my life around that which is eternal and cannot be destroyed or taken away (John 6:27)
Self-Control vs. Self-indulgence
Instant obedience to the initial promptings of God’s Spirit (Galatians 5:24–25)
Sensitivity vs. Callousness
Exercising my senses so I can perceive the true spirit and emotions of those around me (Romans 12:15)
Sincerity vs. Hypocrisy
Eagerness to do what is right with transparent motives (I Peter 1:22)
Thoroughness vs. Incompleteness
Knowing what factors will diminish the effectiveness of my work or words if neglected (Proverbs 18:15)
Thriftiness vs. Extravagance
Not letting myself or others spend that which is not necessary (Luke 16:11)
Tolerance vs. Prejudice
Acceptance of others as unique expressions of specific character qualities in varying degrees of maturity (Philippians 2:2)
Truthfulness vs. Deception
Earning future trust by accurately reporting past facts (Ephesians 4:25)
Virtue vs. Impurity
The moral excellence and purity of spirit that radiate from my life as I obey God’s Word (II Peter 1:3)
Wisdom vs. Natural Inclinations
Seeing and responding to life’s situations from God’s frame of reference (Proverbs 9:10)
已有 2 人评分声望 收起 理由
羊羊喜_Chiara + 2 赞一个!
wesfei + 1

总评分: 声望 + 3   查看全部投币

回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-8-8
精华
帖子

Taurus金牛座 荣誉版主 IBT Zeal IBT Elegance

沙发
发表于 2007-10-21 10:44:27 |只看该作者
顶!好帖~
~豆豆~改作文的小屋子
口语六道题复习建议
iBT报名全流程[图解版]
GTER 07年TOEFL iBT口语|写作机经整理

Life is like a 2πr.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-6-15
精华
帖子

荣誉版主 Pisces双鱼座

板凳
发表于 2007-10-21 15:21:24 |只看该作者
THANK YOU!
Que será, será.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-2-9
精华
帖子

QQ联合登录 IBT Elegance Virgo处女座 GRE斩浪之魂 US Advisor Golden Apple 荣誉版主

地板
发表于 2007-10-21 16:28:16 |只看该作者
好东西~~哈哈~~

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-9-7
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-10-21 22:19:52 |只看该作者
收下了
谢谢  
感动  
最近做材料了...  写不出好的东西 ...  哭

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-7-23
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-10-21 23:08:55 |只看该作者
好帖!谢谢分享:handshake
BSL?
You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you that you can't do it. If you want something, go get it. Period.

I'M COMING!一切皆可改变!
——阿迪王Adivon

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-8-3
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-10-22 21:08:51 |只看该作者
thanks.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-9-8
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-10-27 22:41:55 |只看该作者
谢谢版主的鼓励,以后会继续发一些好东西上来。
也谢谢大家了!这里本来就是分享的地方。

使用道具 举报

RE: personal character 英文用词(转摘),希望有用 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子
personal character 英文用词(转摘),希望有用
https://bbs.gter.net/thread-752029-1-1.html
复制链接
发送
关闭

站长推荐

寄托24周年庆,发祝福送寄托币!
寄托24岁生日,邀请寄托的小伙伴在本命年周年庆发出你对寄托的祝福, 可以是简单的一句“生日快乐”, 送出祝福小伙伴将会有寄托币奖励!

查看 »

报offer 祈福 爆照
回顶部