谢谢楼主的回复.请问是这个人么?7 ?. }6 M1 J6 G3 K) ^+ f8 i
' z, V) {$ R1 h, H9 s
Cheryl                                       S. Rosenfeld
- F; Y$ y% h. m( Y1 i: s, U+ q9 v0 e* ~
! e% g( e" I9 M" S# q$ V
U of Missouri-Cloumbia
- q) C( }2 h" {- }4 \' {; D* Z9 zDepartment of biomedical science
6 C9 H% Z& z# U1 |: p: `0 \% i- w, O0 D, D) |$ \
Cheryl                                       S. Rosenfeld, PhD, DVM                                                                    
  •                                        

Assistant Professor

Email: RosenfeldC@missouri.edu
/ A/ A; p( Z. L0 h4 ~                                 

• BS, DVM—University of Illinois
  • PhD—University of Missouri-Columbia

573-882-6798
$ ~6 C! P3 @# j. z- }                                      440F Life Sciences Center
$ W. }: |) k) u/ f$ @' G                                      University of Missouri
; t; @8 u: T- C/ q2 ~; @$ \                                      Columbia, MO 65211
4 I) _  ~) I* E$ \8 p1 v- N) C                                    Lab Information:: ]$ `1 J, {* B
                                      445 Life Sciences Center
; y% d$ n8 @% m1 m                                      573-882-5132
5 v$ |6 K- [# i0 b* A$ }                                      Members—Angela M. Davis, Dr. Jaime                                       Riley, Dr. Jeff Whyte
: `+ Q/ Q, y5 d4 Z% R5 }( Q  M/ h                                    Research Interests: My                                       research focuses on two main areas.1 Q; g) _' N, `( d! H. b
                                    1) I am interested in studying the putative                                       therapeutic effects of type I IFN on treating                                       human endometrial cancers. Past studies                                       have suggested that type I IFN, such as                                       IFN-a and IFN-b, in combination with anti-estrogens                                       might hold greater promise for treating                                       estrogen-responsive tumors. The underlying                                       mechanism might be that they up-regulate                                       ER, and thereby, IFN make the tumors more                                       sensitive to anti-estrogens, such as tamoxifen                                       and raloxifene. My NIH funded study examines                                       the effects that IFN-a and raloxifene have                                       on various human endometrial cancer cells.                                       As part of these studies, we will also examine                                       the effects that type I IFN have on normal                                       uterine ER expression. By using a microarray                                       approach, we will further examine the effects                                       of IFN on estrogen-responsive genes.
6 o) L: R6 g- j. A% }. H7 _) T8 }                                    2) My second area of interest involves                                       studying the effects that maternal diet                                       has on offspring sex ratio. This research                                       was initiated in order to determine how                                       the sex of offspring can be influenced by                                       the diet consumed by the mother. There is                                       evidence to suggest that in several mammals,                                       including humans, mothers on restricted                                       calorie intake produce daughters more frequently                                       than sons (see below). In contrast energy-rich                                       diets may favor sons. Our hypothesis is                                       that diet, either directly or indirectly                                       (e.g. through hormonal changes in the mother),                                       influences the nutrient conditions within                                       the reproductive tract of an early pregnant                                       female. These changes in turn could alter                                       the relative abilities of either X- or Y-sperm                                       to effect fertilization. Alternatively,                                       an altered uterine environment might lead                                       to preferential survival of embryos of one                                       sex over the other. Such sex allocation                                       might have adaptive significance, allowing                                       a mother to produce offspring that provide                                       her with the best opportunity of passing                                       her genes on to future generations under                                       a prevailing set of environmental conditions.                                       We have established that in the mouse, a                                       litter-bearing, polygonous species, mothers                                       fed a diet high in lard produce significantly                                       more sons than daughters, whereas mothers                                       on a low fat, high carbohydrate, produce                                       more daughters than sons. Experiments are                                       underway to understand the mechanisms involved                                       and whether a similar phenomenon occurs                                       in sheep. An ability to manipulate sex of                                       offspring through diet has potentially important                                       application in the livestock industry.
0 g7 a) @5 U0 \0 J. X0 w& e. I                                    Teaching: BMS 5502 and                                       5503 Veterinary Microanatomy0 a$ Q5 ?' ~) o5 ]+ K# z9 n, B5 m
                                      BMS 5508 Veterinary Pharmacology (Reproductive                                       Pharmacology lectures in this course); Q" h0 s5 Q8 t7 r' ^+ Y
                                     Selected Publications:
) h+ [% S: i& ?' k                                      Rosenfeld CS, Murray AM, Simmer G, Hufford                                       MG, Smith MF, Spears N, Lubahn DB Gonadotropin                                       Induction of Ovulation and Corpus Luteum                                       Formation in Young Estrogen Receptor-a Knockout                                       MIce. Biol Reprod 2000; 62:599-605.1 ^  t6 y0 H) J, X4 b
                                    Yellayi S, Teuscher C, Woods J, Welsh TH                                       Jr, Tung KSK, Nakai M, Rosenfeld CS, Lubahn                                       DB, Cooke PS Normal development of thymus                                       in male and female mice requires estrogen/estrogen                                       receptor-a signaling pathway. Endocrine                                       2000; 12:207-213.6 `( N. H4 J' n$ t
                                    Rosenfeld CS, Cooke PS, Welsh TH, Simmer                                       G, Hufford MG, Hess RA, Lubahn DB The differential                                       fate of the mesonephric tubular-derived                                       efferent ductules in estrogen receptor-a                                       knockout versus wild-type female mice. Endocrinology                                       2000; 141:3792-3798.* ^  n& B1 }& h* u& U
                                    Schatten H, Wiedemeier AM, Taylor M, Lubahn                                       DB, Greenberg NM, Besch-Williford, Rosenfeld                                       CS, Day JK, Ripple M. Centrosome-centriole                                       abnormalities are markers for abnormal cell                                       divisions and cancer in the transgenic adenocarcinoma                                       mouse prostate (TRAMP) model. Biol Cell                                       2000; 92:331-340.
% M* @/ `" s, H  T* g                                    Chen X, Rosenfeld CS, Roberts RM, Green                                       JA. An aspartic proteinase expressed in                                       the yolk sac and neonatal stomach of the                                       mouse. Biol Reprod 2001; 65:1092-1101.
4 z/ e; k8 r& j0 B' T, V9 J( }8 B5 M                                    Rosenfeld CS, Roberts RM, Lubahn DB. Estrogen                                       receptor and aromatase deficient mice provide                                       insight into the roles of estrogen within                                       the ovary and uterus. Molecul Reprod Develop                                       2001; 59:336-346.- O7 R1 }5 j1 r, o9 r- G- R) S/ J
                                    Rosenfeld CS, Roberts RM, Lubahn DB. Intraovarian                                       actions of oestrogen. Reproduction 2001;                                       122:215-226.$ ~1 o- ]% r% Y% a. ^+ \
                                    Manikkam M, Bao B, Rosenfeld CS, Yuan X,                                       Salfen BE, Calder MD, Youngquist RS, Keisler                                       DH, Lubahn DB, Garverick HA. Expression                                       of the bovine oestrogen receptor-b (bERb)                                       messenger ribonucleic acid (mRNA) during                                       the first ovarian follicular wave and lack                                       of change in the expression of bERb mRNA                                       of second wave follicles after LH infusion                                       in cows. Anim Reprod Sci 2001; 67:159-169., ^8 v5 c0 k6 U. K# u
                                    Rosenfeld CS, Han C-S, Alexenko AA, Spencer                                       TE, Roberts RM. Expression of interferon                                       receptor subunits, IFNAR1 and IFNAR2, in                                       the ovine uterus. Biol Reprod 2002; 67:                                       847-853.
8 v+ y" x' g3 I. C+ ?9 q                                    Akingbemi BT, Ge R, Rosenfeld CS, Newton                                       LG, Hardy DO, Catterall JF, Lubahn DB, Korach                                       KS, Hardy MP. Estrogen receptor-a gene deficiency                                       enhances androgen biosynthesis in the mouse                                       Leydig cell. Endocrinology 2003; 144:84-93.8 v# g! k7 t. ]/ l
                                    Roberts RM, Ezashi T, Rosenfeld CS, Kubish                                       HM. The interferon-t: evolution of the genes                                       and their promoters, and maternal- trophoblast                                       interactions in control of their expression.                                       2003; Reproduction 61:239-251.
5 _3 ^6 N  E- c2 P  r                                    Rosenfeld CS, Grimm KM, Livingston KA,                                       Brokman AM, Lamberson WR, Roberts RM. Interaction                                       between maternal diet and sex ratio of offspring,                                       Proc Natl Acad Sci. USA. 2003; 100:4628-4632.8 z9 e% q. E) g' ]

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-8-27
精华
帖子
发表于 2008-10-19 21:13:08 |只看该作者
太钦佩了,要是有楼主那样的乐观坚强就好了

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-10-11
精华
帖子
发表于 2008-10-20 23:29:48 |只看该作者
楼主太强大了,顶一把
祈祷我们在美国一切顺利;祈祷我爱的人和爱我的人都能永远幸福健康~我知道,离开你,我也不会遇上再可以爱的人

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-10-21
精华
帖子
发表于 2008-10-23 15:21:14 |只看该作者
LZ太强大了..很是佩服
: Y! S# B$ `4 D& t) X小弟我是一个小小二本毕业的..去年申请了一年,失败了.../ R* M) S) r: M8 r- c! J) R
也没有积攒一点经验.今年正在准备重新申请中..套了瓷..发了约300封邮件,但是没有什么人回..
0 e( j  `; m7 i% ^5 x9 m呵呵,也准备申请LZ的方向,想向楼主请教一下../ }( k& O3 ~5 s( f/ X5 U$ U' K
qq:358999406

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-11-8
精华
帖子
发表于 2008-10-23 16:22:52 |只看该作者
请问下楼主地study plan  一般写些什么内容啊?是抽象一点的还是具体一点的?

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-11-8
精华
帖子
发表于 2008-10-23 17:08:29 |只看该作者
请问一下lz深情的教授的文献在哪里查啊? 学校数据库里没有,pubmed 上好多也没有。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-9-13
精华
帖子
发表于 2008-11-12 10:05:37 |只看该作者

回复 #35 Atramp 的帖子

具体点的,你对实验的想法和做法。这5年博士上课并不重要,关键看你试验能力和出data还有牛publication.所以要谈试验方面。当然你首先要大量阅读文献才能有点自己的想法。
信念决定高度,挑战决定未来

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-9-13
精华
帖子
发表于 2008-11-12 10:07:48 |只看该作者

回复 #36 Atramp 的帖子

这个简单,直接发信给你感兴趣的教授,向他要,在国外老板都很大方,也方便你陶瓷,一举两得阿!
信念决定高度,挑战决定未来

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-9-13
精华
帖子
发表于 2008-11-12 10:12:50 |只看该作者

回复 #34 thynameno 的帖子

我的邮箱是chen19850430@hotmail.com, welcome to email me, I have no time QQ, sorry about this.
信念决定高度,挑战决定未来

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-3-2
精华
帖子
发表于 2009-1-2 15:24:40 |只看该作者
太震撼了……我在美国能活得下去不 I wonder……

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-8-6
精华
帖子
发表于 2009-1-3 04:37:47 |只看该作者
sigh, admire...( Q, a; o6 c3 P4 M7 Z  o. v
good luck for the future!
    The origin of intelligence!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-3-28
精华
帖子
发表于 2009-1-6 00:15:06 |只看该作者
牛啊,楼主对生物医学工程了解多不?

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-7-6
精华
帖子
发表于 2009-1-7 16:35:18 |只看该作者
太佩服楼主了,真了不起,真不容易,我很了解你的经历,我在国内也受过类似的剥削,所以才立志去米国,正在等09fall的消息,希望有机会跟你交流。: X* D* ]1 m, T1 \
3 e* y5 i" p7 @8 a
dinglngucas@hotmail.com

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-8-11
精华
帖子
发表于 2009-1-12 09:05:51 |只看该作者
拜读LZ大贴
  l+ b0 o; W; H: s  i9 T' X0 ~4 b心惊胆战
+ V8 W$ q$ n" u: J0 g希望和BF出去能有好结果~~~

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-1-14
精华
帖子
发表于 2009-1-14 17:25:03 |只看该作者

bless lzJJ!

也推荐lz,中山医在这方面的技术,确实是亚洲领先的,我就知道很多华侨做眼角膜手术,特意跑回来中山医眼科。不知道你母亲现在的情况怎么样了,可以先去中山医眼科医院做一下全面检查

使用道具 举报

RE: J-1转F-1biomedical -RA再转biochem-Fellowship [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子
J-1转F-1biomedical -RA再转biochem-Fellowship
https://bbs.gter.net/thread-879125-1-1.html
复制链接
发送
关闭

站长推荐

寄托24周年庆,发祝福送寄托币!
寄托24岁生日,邀请寄托的小伙伴在本命年周年庆发出你对寄托的祝福, 可以是简单的一句“生日快乐”, 送出祝福小伙伴将会有寄托币奖励!

查看 »

报offer 祈福 爆照
回顶部