注册时间
2007-6-16
精华
帖子

Aries白羊座 荣誉版主 QQ联合登录 AW活动特殊奖

发表于 2009-1-23 23:25:24 |只看该作者

8x07 - the_one_with_the_stain

简单内容介绍:
钱德请了个钟点工Brenda,莫妮卡有点适应不了。Eric和Ursula分手后约菲比出去,但意外的以为Ursula是菲比和她上了床。瑞秋想找个新地方住,罗斯好不容易帮瑞秋找到了一个好地方,乔伊却说服了她留下。莫妮卡怀疑Brenda偷了她的牛仔裤,她的裤子在裤裆处有一块墨水印。她想方设法去证实裤子是她的,不料不成功,还被认为是女同志。又怀疑人家偷了她的胸罩,命钱德去证实,把人家吓走了。原来是瑞秋拿了莫妮卡的牛仔裤。

Chandler: Uh honey, I know you don’t like to relinquish control…
Monica: Oh, relinquish is just a fancy word for lose!
Chandler: Look, she’s really nice. Okay? And she mentioned that she adored the way that you arranged the sponges.
Monica: Did she really say that?
Chandler: Yes, I distinctly remember ‘cause I thought it was a joke. Now just give her a chance, okay?

Relinquish 放弃,放松。注意这里,mon用一个很muse的说法来解释了relinquish这个词。Lose可以做放松讲,也可以是失败。^^

Adore 崇拜,喜爱。这个词的感情色彩比like要强很多,我们理解为崇拜羡慕,一种敬仰的眼光,是合情合理的;

Sponge 海绵;

Distinctly 明显的,清楚的。Distinct还有其他意思,如有区别的,不同的,确切的,等。但是无非都表达的是一种不同于其他而容易引起注意的意思;

Ross: So does-does Joey know you’re moving?
Rachel: Well, I haven’t discussed it with him yet, but I know he’s gonna be relieved. Last week, he brought this girl over and I started talking to her about morning sickness and then I showed her pictures from my pregnancy book.

Relieve 减缓,减轻;这里类似于“解脱了,如释重负了”的意思;

Mrs. Verhoeven's Daughter: Yes?
Ross: Hi. I’m Ross Geller. I live in the building.
Rachel: And I’m Rachel, an admirer of the building.

Admirer 仰慕者;话说我不太能区分这个词和adore的区别。可能adore有更多喜爱的成分在里面;而admirer更强调尊敬?

Brenda: Mrs. Bing, this tile cleaner is incredible! Where’d you get it?
Monica: Oh well umm, I make it myself! It’s two parts ammonia and one part lemon juice. And now the secret ingredient is…y’know what? We just met.

Tile 瓷砖。Tile cleaner 清洗瓷砖的溶液;

Incredible 难以置信的;也就是说那个东西效果很好;

Ammonia 氨水;

Ingredient 因素,成分,也就是element;这个词似乎也有调料的意思,

Eric: I was just, I was just gonna take out my lenses.
Phoebe: Oh, yeah try that. (He finishes and looks at her.) So, is that better?
Eric: Not really. You…you’re blurry, but you still look like Ursula. You’re Blursula. Okay wait. Maybe…If I-if I just don’t look at you for a while. (Stands up and turns his back to her.) See? It…it works. I’m not, I’m not angry at all anymore! This is a great date!

Lenses 隐形眼镜;

Blurry 模糊不清的。有戴眼镜的童鞋应该就很清楚这个词描述的状况了——摘了眼睛时候就是如此;^^

Monica: Did you not hear where my head was? Come on! Come on we’re a team! We’re in this together!
Chandler: I fear a jury will see it the same way!

Jury 陪审团;

Brenda: (noticing him) What are you doing?
Chandler: I’m leaning. This is where I lean.

Lean 倾斜;也有倚靠,贫瘠等意思;这里chandler歪着身子,他说他在lean;

Mathilda:   Is life always this hard, or is it just when you're a kid?
Léon:       Always like this.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-6-16
精华
帖子

发表于 2009-1-23 23:29:02 |只看该作者
24能不能把有笔记的楼层公布在顶楼,这样不用删人回复也能keep track of your notes
学习还是大家讨论着来比较有劲~
lintelle 发表于 2009-1-22 11:18

我顶楼有word档的,不知道那样行不?问题是,以后要是列楼恐怕会列无数吧……我是很有志向做这个很久时间的。^^

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-6-16
精华
帖子

发表于 2009-1-24 17:38:22 |只看该作者

2x08 - The List

简单剧情介绍:
钱德有了一台新电脑。罗斯在朱丽和瑞秋之间摇摆不定,难以取舍。钱德建议说,列一张优缺点对照表来进行理性的判断;罗斯说瑞秋好像太爱漂亮,有点任性,乔伊漏记了“有点”;乔伊说瑞秋脚踝有点肥,还把瑞秋的名字打错了——说来说去,结果只列出了缺点。
至于朱丽,罗斯说她唯一的缺点是,“她不是瑞秋”。罗斯最终选择了瑞秋,但当瑞秋发现他竟用这种方法进行取舍,她又不乐意同罗斯交往了。莫妮卡找到一份新工作,为巧克力的代替品“魔克力”设计菜谱。

PHOE: Ok, all right, let's hear about the kiss. Was it like, was it like a soft brush against your lips? Or was it like a, you know, a "I gotta have you now" kind of thing?
RACH: Well, at first it was really intense, you know. And then, oh, god, and then we just sort of sunk into it.

Brush 刷子,刷,掸;也就是轻轻扫过;

Intense 紧张,也有强烈,极端等其他意思;这里指紧张,或是我们常说的“还没放开”~^^ 于是也很好对应了后面“沉醉其中”~

Sink 沉入。沉醉其中;
CHAN: All right, check out this bad boy. 12 megabytes of ram. 500 megabyte hard drive. Built-in spreadsheet capabilities and a modem that transmits at over 28,000 b.p.s.
PHOE: Wow. What are you gonna use it for?
CHAN: [doggedly] Games and stuff.

我们看chandler的这个电脑:12Mb的内存,500Mb的硬盘,内建“扩展表格计算”,而且带一个28kbps的猫(拨号上网一开始就是28k,然后是56k);

Doggedly 固执的,顽强的;

ROSS: Yeah, it was, but...I get home, ok, and I see Julie's saline solution on my night table. And I'm thinking to myself, oh my god, what the hell am I doing? I mean, here I am, I am with Julie, this incredible, great woman, who I care about and who cares about me, and I'm like, what, am I just gonna throw all that away?
JOEY: You got all that from saline solution?

Saline solution 盐水溶液。应该是带隐形眼镜的那种浸泡溶液吧;

PHOE: Ok, um, hi, hello, hi, ok, so, um, this is a song about a love triangle between three people that I made up. Um, it's called, um, "Two of Them Kissed Last Night".

注意这句话的结构成分;between three people 是说a love triangle,about a love triangle between three people是一整句,修饰a song,后面that I made up也是说a song;

RTST: This is a nice resume. Nice, nice, nice. Muy impressivo.
MNCA: So, Mr. Rastatter, what exactly does this job entail? The ad wasn't too clear.
RTST: Mockolate. It's a completely synthetic chocolate substitute.
MNCA: Ohh.

Very impressive 很能触动人;给人印象深刻的;

Entail 使必须,使承担。也就是说,这个job到底是干啥?

Synthetic 合成的,人造的;

Substitute 替换品;

CHAN: Ok, all right, look. Let's get logical about this, ok? We'll make a list. Rachel and Julie, pros and cons. Oh. We'll put their names in bold, with different fonts, and I can use different colors for each column.

Pros and cons 正反两方面,优缺点;

CHAN: [squirming] All right, let's get some perspective here, ok? These things, they happen for a reason.
MNCA: Yeah. You!

Perspective 透视法,远景,展望;总之是一种“看问题不要太肤浅太注重表象”的意思;chandler这里说大家不要听joey一面之词就说他做的不好,所以用了这个词;

RACH: [near tears] No, you don't, Ross. Imagine the worst things you think about yourself. Now, how would you feel if the one person that you trusted the most in the world not only thinks them too, but actually uses them as reasons not to be with you.

注意这个长句。

RADIO: Uh, we've just gotten a call from Rachel, and she told us what Ross did. It's pretty appalling, and Ross, if you're listening, I don't wanna play your song anymore.

Appalling 令人发指的~这个词出现的不多,但是这里用的却很精确;别人做了非常可怕的事的时候,才说really appalling;

RTST: Hi, thanks for coming in again.
MNCA: Oh, not at all. I have no morals and I need the cash.
RTST: It's like I'm lookin' in a mirror. Anyway, they're called "fishtachios". They taste exactly like pistachios, but they're made primarily of reconstituted fish bits. Here, try one. You're not allergic to anything, are you?
MNCA: Cat hair.
RTST: Oh, sorry.

Moral 道德;

It's like I'm lookin' in a mirror. 咱俩真是太相像了。^^ 这句话值得背下来。类似我们“臭味相投”或是“一丘之貉”;

Allergic 过敏;对xxx过敏;

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-6-6
精华
帖子
发表于 2009-1-26 21:17:33 |只看该作者
十分感谢

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-6-6
精华
帖子
发表于 2009-1-26 21:17:40 |只看该作者
十分感谢

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-12-3
精华
帖子
发表于 2009-1-28 07:58:56 |只看该作者
Thanks!very intersting and useful!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-6-16
精华
帖子

发表于 2009-2-6 16:14:15 |只看该作者

3x13 - Monica and Richard are Friends

这一集里面涉及到一个电影一本书,也许大家能有兴趣。

简单情节如下:
莫妮卡和里查德在录影带租赁店巧遇,他们决定像朋友一样相处——但事与愿违。菲比和运动员罗伯特约会,罗伯特着装大大咧咧,经常暴露重要部位而不自知;罗斯和钱德极尴尬,而不知如何提醒他。乔伊和瑞秋交换最爱的书阅读,一本《闪灵》,一本《小妇人》。

Monica: Oh, um, around 8:02. We ah, talked for a little while, and then um, we went out for an innocent burger.
Phoebe: Oh, there’s no such thing as an innocent burger.

Innocent 清白的,无罪的,天真的,无伤害的;这里其实清晰解释了innocent的两个意思:“清白的”和“无伤害,无罪的”。Mon是说她和richard只是吃饭,别无其他8g,但是phoebe可是说,凡是burger都有肉,必然是有动物牺牲了(她是vegetarian嘛)

Chandler: What do we do? What do we do?
Ross: Well, I suppose we just try to not look directly at it.
Chandler: Like an eclipse.

Eclipse 日食。不能直接看的~

Richard: So when people compliment me on my cooking should I, what do I say?
Monica: You say Thank you very much, and then you buy me something pretty. Come on, we’re gonna put hands in this bowl, and we’re gonna start squishing the tomatoes

Compliment 恭维,赞扬;这个词和complement很容易混。记得complement来自动词complete,而compliment则没有这种。总之这个恐怕需要死记了~

Squish 挤。想他们用手把西红柿弄烂的这个动作,就是squish了;

Ross: Hey! How’s the ah, basketball go?
Phoebe: Oh, okay, I learned how to shoot a lay-up, a foul shot, and a twenty-three pointer.
Chandler: You mean a three pointer?
Phoebe: Oh, I get more because I’m dainty.

Dainty 优美的,形容姿势。

Phoebe: What? (the guys keep laughing.) What? You guys, what is going on? You not like Robert? (the guys keep laughing.) Why are you laughing?!
Ross: Calm down. There’s no reason to get testy.
(The guys start laughing harder.)
Phoebe: You guys!! Come on!
Chandler: I’m sorry, I’m sorry; it just seems that Robert isn’t as concealed in the shorts area, as ah, one may have hoped.

Testy 易怒的暴躁的。这个词不难记,但是意思和test没有关系。

Conceal 隐藏,隐蔽。这个词还是蛮“文绉绉”的~^^

[Scene: Monica and Rachel's, Monica is talking to Richard on the phone.]
Monica: So, how’s the lasagne go over? (listens) Really?! Good. So you owe me three pretty things. (listens) Yeah, I’ve been thinking a lot about you too. (listens) I know. It’s hard this whole platonic thing. (listens) It’s a word!
(There’s a knock on the door.)

Platonic柏拉图哲学的, 柏拉图主义的, 理想的, 不切实际的。这里mon描述她和richard的这种关系是非常精确的。

Phoebe: Please, right now, no, every time I see him it’s like ‘s it on the lose?? ‘s it watching me??
Chandler: We can’t tell him, you can’t go up to a guy you barely know and talk about his.... stuff.
Ross: He’s right, even if it’s to say something complimentary. (He stops and thinks about what he just said.)

Complimentary问候的, 称赞的, 夸奖的

Phoebe: Hey.
Robert: (to Phoebe) So are ready for the gym? They’re got this new rock climbing wall, we can spot each other.
Phoebe: No, I can spot you from here.
Robert: What?

Spot 侦查;也有污点,地点,现场等其他意思。这里robert让phoebe去和他攀岩,说可以模拟互相侦查对方。Phoebe来了一个搞笑的说法,说我现在就能偷窥到你。^^

Monica: (gets up) Okay, y'know what, I’m not fine, I’m not. I mean how can I be fine, hearing you come in with her, she wants to see your bedroom.... (pause) Y'know what, what if we’re friends who don’t see other people?
Richard: You mean like exclusive friends?

Exclusive 排他的,排外的,独占的,唯一的,也引申为高傲的,孤独的。这里,mon说她和richard不再约会他人,所以是一种排外和独占的意思。记这个词可以联想include,也就是包含的意思。In-的前缀和ex-的前缀,一个表示在里面一个表示在外面

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-10-24
精华
帖子
发表于 2009-2-6 16:50:23 |只看该作者
怒赞!!!
其实我们也是经常看friends,但有谁能够总结的这么好呢~~~:)
强烈支持一下!:victory:

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-10-24
精华
帖子
发表于 2009-2-6 16:50:29 |只看该作者
怒赞!!!
其实我们也是经常看friends,但有谁能够总结的这么好呢~~~:)
强烈支持一下!:victory:

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-4-21
精华
帖子
发表于 2009-2-15 15:44:07 |只看该作者
有点用 顶了
谢谢

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-6-16
精华
帖子

发表于 2009-2-15 16:31:58 |只看该作者

3x01 - The Princess Leia Fantasy

本帖最后由 liyue24 于 2009-2-15 16:34 编辑

这一集难词不多,但是笑料不少。

简单情节如下:
莫妮卡因为和里查德分手而萎靡不振。乔伊受不了珍妮丝的腔调,而珍妮丝为促进他们之间的互相了解,消除乔伊的偏见,特地邀请乔伊共度“有趣的一天”。罗斯和瑞秋谈论彼此的性幻想。后来瑞秋把罗斯对莉亚公主的幻想告诉了菲比和莫妮卡。菲比帮助莫妮卡排遣痛苦。罗斯和钱德交流了一下,结果钱德的说法搅乱了罗斯的思想。老盖勒(莫妮卡的爸爸)来安慰莫妮卡。

RACHEL: Did you ever do the-the Leia thing?
PHOEBE: Oh, yeah, um-mm. Oh!
RACHEL: Really! That-that great huh?
PHOEBE: No it's just that I got this new pager and I have it on vibrate. See ya!

Pager 就是我们说的呼机,bp机;

Vibrate 振动。手机或是呼机调到振动档;

PHOEBE: All right, betting and wagering of any kind, are, I'm sure, not permitted in the happy place. Okay. Just-just, you know, the-the lovely waterfalls, and the, the trickling fountains. And the-the calming sounds of the babbling brook....

Betting and wagering 打赌和赌博。Bet可能是很简单的一种,也是平时很常用的,wager应该是一种偏书面的,或是定义范围比较广的泛泛的赌博概念,平时不常见到。

Waterfalls,  瀑布;fountains, 喷泉;brook,小溪;

JANICE: A little birdie told me something about you wanting to rip your arm off and throw it at me.
JOEY: And you got a 'hate' from that?! Your taking a big leap there...

Leap 跳跃,飞跃;这里joey说思维跳跃的快。我们说某argument中间思路跳跃过快,可以用这个~

PHOEBE: Monica, do you want us to take you home?
MONICA: Uh, huh. (to Ross) Or maybe to a galaxy far, far away. (Rachel, Monica, and Phoebe leave)

Galaxy 银河系。著名电影星球大战系列,特别是ross这集里面说的,《杰迪骑士归来》这一集,开始都是会说a galaxy far, far away然后blablabla的,mon这里借用这个,表示ross的fantasy她也已经知道了~^^

ROSS: No Chandler, everything! Like stuff you like, stuff she likes, technique, stamina, girth....
CHANDLER: Girth? Why, why, why, wh-why, why, why, why would they do this?

Stamina 体力,精力;girth 腰围;

CHANDLER: What are you guys doing together?
JANICE: Joey and Janice's DAY OF FUN!!! (laughs)
CHANDLER: Really.
JOEY: Yeah, yeah. We went to a Mets game, we got Chinese food, and you know, I love this woman. You have got competition buddy.

Competition 竞争;

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-6-16
精华
帖子

发表于 2009-2-15 18:23:10 |只看该作者

1x03 - The Thumb

简单情节如下:
罗斯终于发现真相:童年时的爱犬奇奇死掉了、而不是被送往农场养老,当年被父母善意的欺骗了。钱德戒烟失败;众人皆不满,钱德将矛头指向各人的缺点,籍此转移了注意力。菲比从银行得到一笔飞来横财;她去投诉,反而阴差阳错获得更多赔偿;她将钱悉数送人,对方报以一罐苏打水——开罐饮用时发现了一根拇指在里头。饮料公司赔偿给她7000美金。莫妮卡的新男友阿兰大受其余五人爱戴,但莫妮卡最终和他分手。阿兰如释重负,因为莫妮卡的五个朋友太缠人啦。

Monica: Uh, no. Loosely translated 'We should do this again' means 'You will never see me naked'.
Rachel: Since when?
Joey: Since always. It's like dating language. Y'know, like 'It's not you' means 'It is you'.
Chandler: Or 'You're such a nice guy' means 'I'm gonna be dating leather-wearing alcoholics and complaining about them to you'.
Phoebe: Or, or, y'know, um, 'I think we should see other people' means 'Ha, ha, I already am'.
Rachel: And everybody knows this?
Joey: Yeah. Cushions the blow.

这里要重点讲两个词:loosely和cushion:
Loosely 宽松的,松散的。Loose有放任,放纵,松散的意思。这里说loosely translate也就是不严格的来翻译,或是我们所说的意译,或是潜台词。我理解相对loosely translate的就是literally, 也就是逐字翻译,或是严格翻译的意思。要把握好这两个相对的意思。

Cushion 垫子,缓冲。在这句话里cushion是一个动词,表示减轻损伤的意思。Cushions the blow,也就是尽可能减少伤害。想枕头或是垫子可以在被blow的时候减少疼痛的。Cushion的这个意思也要记住。

Monica: No, no, no. They say it's the same as the distance from the tip of a guy's thumb to the tip of his index finger.
(The guys stretch out their fingers.)
Joey: That's ridiculous!

五根手指的日常叫法是,thumb,index finger,middle finger, ring finger, and little finger;

Ridiculous,荒谬的,可笑的。表达一种否定,不认同。

Monica: (to Alan) Thanks. I'll call you tomorrow. (Alan exits, to all) Okay. Okay, let's let the Alan-bashing begin. Who's gonna take the first shot, hmm?

Bash 努殴,猛击,这里mon形容一种群起而攻之的状态;

Ross: ...So I think Alan will become the yardstick against which all future boyfriends will be measured.

Yardstick 标尺,标杆;也就是standard的意思;这个词很美国味道;

Monica: Can I ask you guys a question? D'you ever think that Alan is maybe.. sometimes..
Ross: What?
Monica: ..I dunno, a little too Alan?
Rachel: Well, no. That's impossible. You can never be too Alan.
Ross: Yeah, it's his, uh, innate Alan-ness that-that-that we adore.
Chandler: I personally could have a gallon of Alan.

Innate 先天的,天生的,生来就有的;

Adore 羡慕,崇拜,喜爱;

Ross: Oh, now, don't listen to him, Pheebs, I think it's endearing.

Endearing  可爱的, 令人钟爱的;

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-8-19
精华
帖子
发表于 2009-3-3 09:49:02 |只看该作者
如此好的帖子,必须要顶!!!

使用道具 举报

声望