2007-6-16
精华
帖子

Aries白羊座 荣誉版主 QQ联合登录 AW活动特殊奖

发表于 2009-8-12 14:35:15 |显示全部楼层

5x02 - The One With All The Kissing

本帖最后由 liyue24 于 2009-8-12 22:08 编辑

简单情节介绍:
莫妮卡和钱德继续地下情: 乔伊闯进浴室,莫妮卡躲到浴缸内泡沫里;一次,钱德无意中当众和莫妮卡吻别,为掩人耳目,他不得不和所有的女孩依次吻别。瑞秋自希腊飞回,为最近的头脑发昏而懊丧不已,她向莫妮卡发表爱情宣言。瑞秋想跟罗斯表白,莫妮卡坚决反对。罗斯计划送浪漫礼物给艾米丽,挽回芳心。菲比为错过伦敦好戏而苦恼;大家起初想带她到中央公园野餐散心,后来决定同去亚特兰大度周末;出发前,菲比破水了。

Monica: You look cute in bubbles.
Chandler: Ehh, you're just liquored up.

liquored up 喝多了~

Joey: Y'know, I'd walk back to London for another frosty one of those bad boys.

frosty 凉的,冰冻的;

Rachel: What's that? (Points to the box.)
Ross: It came in the mail today, it's uh, 72 long-stemmed red roses, one for each day that I've known and loved Emily, cut up into mulch!
Rachel: Oh, honey that's awful.
Ross: Oh, it's not so bad. Monica's gonna make potpourri! I think I'm gonna go wander out in the rain for a while.

Mulch 覆盖物,护根;这里是说,本来的玫瑰被剪的粉碎,就跟落叶绞碎后用来做护根碎土一样了。
Potpourri  这个东西也出现过,joey的那个dancer rommie就做过这个东西,基本就是碎花什么还是干花,剪碎放在一个玻璃盆或是碗里面,joey闻了一下说it’s like a summer in a bow~~ mulch不见得能和potpourri是一对搭配,但是这两个都有“碎”的意思,只是一个比较脏一个很fragment;

Ross: Monica's right, swing dancing can be tricky. I'm gonna use the phone. I gotta cancel those five giant teddy bears I sent to Emily. (Looks at the rose mulch.) My God, think of the massacre.

Massacre 大屠杀;玫瑰都绞碎了,这几只泰迪熊要是也同样下场确实是屠杀~

Joey: All right, well, we felt really bad about that so we decided we should all take a little trip together!
Phoebe: Ohh, that's so nice! How great! Well, where? Where's the trip?!
Monica: Well, we thought we would all go to a picnic (Phoebe gasps), in Central Park!
Phoebe: (excited) Central…(not so excited) Park!
Joey: Yeah, all of us! All day!
Phoebe: That sucks! That's not a trip! I just came from the park! What are we gonna high five about at the stupid Central Park? "Well, it's right by my house, all right!"
Chandler: Well, I'm gonna go home and bask in the triumph of my Central Park idea. (Gets up to leave.)

Bask 晒太阳,取暖;或是沉浸,沐浴;这里是后面的意思;
Triumph 成就,喜悦,胜利;

Monica: Okay, Rachel, do you have any idea how painful it is to tell someone that you love them and not have them say it back?
Rachel: Yeah, I-I don't care.

Monica的长句。
已有 1 人评分寄托币 声望 收起 理由
ddcmj519 + 20 + 5 谢谢分享

总评分: 寄托币 + 20  声望 + 5   查看全部投币

Mathilda:   Is life always this hard, or is it just when you're a kid?
Léon:       Always like this.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-6-16
精华
帖子

发表于 2009-8-12 15:18:48 |显示全部楼层

9x04 - The One With The Sharks

简单情节如下:
罗斯说菲比从未全心投入一段稳定长期的感情,正要出门跟迈克约会的菲比闻听此言,大惊失色。之后,罗斯找到迈克,向他解释菲比心烦意乱的原因,还撒谎说菲比曾有一段六年之久的恋情,结果帮了倒忙。钱德在Tulsa度周末,莫妮卡飞往该市,想给钱一个惊喜。钱德正看三级片的时候莫妮卡撞了进来,钱德赶紧转台,莫妮卡还以为他在看鲨鱼节目。问题是,莫妮卡当钱德看到鲨鱼就会兴奋……乔伊邂逅辣妹( 哈莉 )并开始约会她,到她的公寓后,乔伊惊觉自己曾同她交往过。哈莉对此似乎毫无印象,乔伊只得跟她摊牌——原来以前跟乔伊约会过的是她的室友。
Ross: No, no, no there's nothing wrong with you. I mean, you don't strike me as the type of person that wants to get married anyway.
Phoebe: I wanna get married! (Grabs a tissue.)

strike me 给某人什么样的感觉;strike这个词用法很多,这里我们也多学一个表达;我在google字典上看到的一些解释,供参考。

to give sb a particular impression 给(某人以…)印象;让(某人)觉得 ~ sb (as sth)
?    His reaction struck me as odd. 他的反应令我诧异。
?    How does the idea strike you? 你觉得这个主意怎么样?
?    She strikes me as a very efficient person. 在我眼里,她是个很干练的人。
?    It strikes me that nobody is really in favour of the changes. 我觉得没人真正赞成这些变动。

Rachel: Ah! You know what honey? Guys are just different. They like things that we can't understand. You know, I once dated this guy who wanted to pretend he was an archeologist and I was a naughty cave woman that he unfroze from a block of ice.
Monica: Eww, are you talking about my bother?
Rachel: Yeah, I didn't disguise that very well, did I.

Naughty  调皮的,顽皮的;
Disguise  掩饰,假扮;
已有 1 人评分寄托币 声望 收起 理由
ddcmj519 + 20 + 5 谢谢分享

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-6-16
精华
帖子

发表于 2009-8-13 14:23:06 |显示全部楼层

7x13 - The One Where Rosita Dies

简单情节如下:

瑞秋弄坏了乔伊的椅子Rosita,所以买了把新的给他;而钱德误以为是他坐坏的,所以他把自己的一把同样的椅子换给了乔伊。乔伊相信椅子具有神奇的再生能力,让瑞秋留着新椅子。后来乔伊贪图瑞秋的新椅子,故意将自己的椅子弄坏。盖勒夫妇要卖房子,于是罗斯和莫妮卡回家拿小时候的东西。罗斯的东西都还健在,莫妮卡的东西却被洪水冲毁。为补偿,老盖勒把自己的保时捷给了女儿。菲比做起来了电话行销的行当,第一个打来电话的人Earl无心购物,一心要寻死。菲比劝他好死不如赖活着。

Joey: What are you doing?
Rachel: Well, y’know I was thinking of moving the couch over here.
Joey: (laughs) Why would you want to do that?
Rachel: So that there will be a decent place for me to sit.
Joey: Rach, there is a decent place to…
Rachel: And your lap does not count! Okay? Come on help me move this.

Decent   得体的,得体的,体面的。Joey让她坐在他自己大腿上,明显不是个雅观的方式;

Monica: Look at this. (Hands him the newspaper.)
Ross: Oh, it looks like mom and dad’s house. Oh, it even has a tree with a broken limb out front and the uh, the window in the attic is…Oh my God!!
Phoebe: What? What happened to the window in the attic?!
Monica: I can’t believe mom and dad are selling the house!

Attic  阁楼,顶楼;

Ross: I can’t believe we have to say goodbye to the house we grew up in. Man, some-some stranger’s gonna be living in my room.
Monica: Well, after 15 years of mom and dad keeping it as a shrine to you, it’s time the velvet ropes came down.
Ross: They kept your room for a while.
Monica: Oh please! Dad turned my room into a gym 20 minutes after I moved out! I gotta say, a tanning bed and a stack of Victoria’s Secret catalogues, not a gym!
Ross: Come on, you know they love you.
Monica: As much as they love you?
Ross: I was their first born! They thought she was barren! It’s not my fault.

Shrine  神圣,圣地,具有重要意义的地方;
Barren  贫瘠的,不育的;这里是指不能生育;

Supervisor: So basically this is very easy. You read from the script and try to sell as much toner as you possibly can.
Phoebe: Okay, I can do that! Oh, by the way, I love my office.
Supervisor: (laughs) Why don’t we do a trial run.

Trial  试验,测试;这个词还有审问审讯的意思,这里不涉及。

Joey: Poor thing. Cut down in her prime.
Rachel: Joey, the new chair will be here in an hour. Maybe we should actually move Rosita out of here. Y’know, start the heeling process?

Prime  首要的,主要的,优质的,上乘的;这些意思其实大家都熟悉,但是这里joey用了一个in someone’s prime,表示盛年,年富力强,鼎盛时期;google字典里面有一个例句叫a young woman in her prime,表示妙龄女郎,joey对这个句子应该很熟悉的。此外,擎天柱optimus prime,也是这个词,

Ross: Dad that won’t matter to her. Look, all my stuff is safe and dry and all her is-is, is growing new stuff! See, this is exactly the kind of thing that makes her think you guys love me more than you love her.
Mr. Geller: Oh my God, does she really thinks that?
Ross: Well, can you blame her?
Mr. Geller: Well I don’t know, I-I suppose we may have favored you unconsciously, you were a medical marvel! The doctor said your mother could…

medical marvel  医学奇迹;

Monica: So why-why wasn’t Ross’s stuff ruined? (Pause) And if you say the words medical marvel I’m going to Easy Bake your head!
Mr. Geller: Well, I used your boxes to divert water away from the Porsche.
Monica: So wait, Ross’s stuff is fine, but I have no memories because you wanted to keep the bottom two inches of your car away from water!!!

Divert  使转向;使绕道;转移to make sb/sth change direction;

Chandler: Joey you broke my chair!!
Joey: Your chair?!
Rachel: Yeah, he thought he broke your chair so he switched the chairs!
Joey: So, there was no miracle?!
Rachel: No Joe, no miracle.
Joey: (sarcastic) Oh no this is devastating! My faith is shaken. I’m so glad I have the new chair to get my through this difficult time in my life.

Devastate  使震惊;使极为忧伤;使极为悲痛,或是彻底破坏;摧毁;毁灭;joey这里用这个词很玄妙——似乎他平时是不说这种词的。我觉得这里他的意思应该是被摧毁信仰+悲伤两者都有吧。
已有 1 人评分寄托币 声望 收起 理由
ddcmj519 + 20 + 5 谢谢分享

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-6-16
精华
帖子

发表于 2009-8-13 16:05:16 |显示全部楼层

7x15 - The One With Joey’s New Brain

简单情节如下:
筹划婚礼时,莫妮卡和钱德发现,罗斯计划表演风笛独奏。而他的表演可叫人不敢恭维。乔伊在《光辉岁月》里的角色曾被摔成植物人,现接受脑部移植手术。瑞秋和菲比拾到一个可爱男生的手机,守株待兔等人家打电话过来,好同人家约会。可惜得很,机主却是那男生的老板,老板岁数不小了。

Joey: Oh well, they’re killing off one of the characters on the show, and when she dies her brain is being transplanted into my body.
Ross: What? A brain transplant?!
Joey: (seriously) Yes, it’s a highly controversial procedure.
Ross: It’s ridiculous!

Controversial  引起争论的,引非议的;“causing a lot of angry public discussion and disagreement”大概这个意思。
Rachel: She is so good at throwing drinks in people’s faces, I mean I don’t think I’ve ever seen her finish a beverage.

Beverage  饮料,饮品;但是不包括水;any type of drink except water;
Joey: Uh yeah-ye-ye-ye-ye-ye—l-l-l-l-l-look the-the-the only reason that I, that I came up to you before was because well, I’m really nervous about-about being you. Y’know if you can help me capture the essence of the character. Y’know? Help me keep Jessica alive. Please?
Cecilia: All right Joey, I will help you. Not because I-I owe it to this stupid show, but because I owe it to Jessica.

Essence  精华,精髓。301里面chandler和joey抢沙发,joey把沙发垫子都拿走了,chandler说joey take the essence of the chair;
已有 1 人评分寄托币 声望 收起 理由
ddcmj519 + 20 + 5 谢谢分享

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-6-10
精华
帖子

荣誉版主 AW活动特殊奖 AW作文修改奖 Sagittarius射手座

发表于 2009-8-13 16:19:26 |显示全部楼层
突然上来就看到老大。。赞坚持!!葱白!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-11-30
精华
帖子
发表于 2009-8-13 22:42:22 |显示全部楼层
这个要顶阿~~~
我尝试看FRIENDS的剧本,但是好长...

楼主的整理好赞阿~顺便回忆快乐的情节~决定以后复习累了就来看一篇~

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-7-3
精华
帖子
发表于 2009-8-13 23:41:11 |显示全部楼层
好东西哦

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-6-16
精华
帖子

发表于 2009-8-14 15:00:23 |显示全部楼层

7x08 - The One Where Chandler Doesn’t Like Dogs

简单情节如下:
大家一起玩游戏,列举50个州的名字;罗斯说这易如反掌,结果因为这个游戏,他错过了感恩节的晚餐。钱德和莫妮卡发现菲比藏了一只狗到他们家;原来钱德怕狗。瑞秋邀Tag共进感恩节晚餐。Tag正因和女友分手的事而沮丧不已。瑞秋不知道该以朋友的身份安慰他,还是趁机下手。最后她决定只是当他的朋友,可她的秘密计划却经乔伊的口暴露出来。

Rachel: All right, I got 48.
Chandler: Oh that's not bad, Pheebs?
Phoebe: Oh, I got tired of naming states. So I decided to list the types of celery, and I have one: regular celery.
Chandler: Okay, so Rachel's got 48 and Phoebe has the lead in…vegetables, Joey?

Celery  芹菜。这个词和salary真的很像,特别是读音。我自己以为这里是用这个来做个笑料:如果要列举各种收入,除了“正常/普通”收入,那还有啥收入?^^

Ross: Done! With time a-to-spare.
Chandler: Oooh that may be a New World's record (Looks at his watch and picks up Ross' pad)
Ross: You know, I hate to lecture you guys, but it's kinda disgraceful, that a group of well-educated adults and Joey can't name all the states. Did you ever see a map, or one of those round, colorful things called "a globe?" Hmm?

Spare  空闲的,富余的,或是预留的有其他用途的;
Disgraceful  不光彩的;可耻的;丢脸的;

Monica: Phoebe, there's a dog sitting on my couch!
Chandler: Tell her, I'm allergic, and I will sue!

Allergic  过敏;
Sue  提起诉讼;

Monica: Please, don't listen to Joey, okay. Would you look at him? He-he’s obviously depressed. He's away from his family; he's spending Thanksgiving with strangers.   What he needs right now is for you to be his friend.
Rachel: You're right, I'm sorry. Thank you. Okay, that's what I'm gonna do.
Joey: Fine! Take their advice. No one ever listens to me. When the package is this pretty, no one cares what's inside.

Joey的这句话说的蛮好的。只是以后千万不要这样说别的女孩儿~~ ^^

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-6-16
精华
帖子

发表于 2009-8-14 15:47:55 |显示全部楼层

9x03 - The One With The Pediatrician

简单情节如下:
钱德答应去Tulsa市工作,莫妮卡也答应随他去……这时她得到在纽约工作的天赐良机。最后他们协议,每星期钱德在Tulsa工作四天,回纽约陪莫妮卡三天。乔伊和菲比计划互为对方做媒,然后两对一起约会。乔伊差点忘干净了,临时从咖啡馆里抓了个生人去。菲比察觉,很生乔伊的气。但这个硬拉来的壮丁原来很可爱,他再度约会菲比,菲比答应了。瑞秋惹恼了儿科医生,只得为爱玛另寻高明。当她向罗斯和莫妮卡童年时的Gettleman医生求助时,却发现罗斯至今仍在找Gettleman医生看病。

Monica: Oh, maybe he was getting him confused with his childhood therapist.
Chandler: He saw a therapist?
Monica: Yeah, he used to have this recurring nightmare, just really freaked him out.

Therapist  (某治疗法的)治疗专家,这里应该指的是一个心理医生;Pediatrician  儿科医生;diagnostician  诊断医生;
Recurring  重复发生的,一遍又一遍;

Monica: (Runs out to the hallway) Chandler, wait. It goes: Old job, (Raises her hand) new job, (Raises her hand really high) you. This is just something I have to do.

Very touching~~ :)

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-2-9
精华
帖子

QQ联合登录 IBT Elegance Virgo处女座 GRE斩浪之魂 US Advisor Golden Apple 荣誉版主

发表于 2009-8-14 16:01:07 |显示全部楼层
啊!!! 这个帖子竟然一直在update...

前两天翻红宝  看到repel 觉得很眼熟。。。但是想不起来自己在哪见过的。。。后来看the One with All the Other Ones  才想起来。。。Ross 跟 Joey 说 we do not repel women... ;P
已有 1 人评分声望 收起 理由
liyue24 + 8 前面,joey给chandler一个那个什么金灿灿的 ...

总评分: 声望 + 8   查看全部投币

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-6-16
精华
帖子

发表于 2009-8-14 16:43:56 |显示全部楼层

7x01 - The One With Monica’s Thunder

简单情节如下:
莫妮卡的订婚夜,大家一起庆祝。瑞秋倍感落寞,与罗斯在门外拥吻,两人并且商量再来个一夜情。得知此事,众人都大吃一惊;莫妮卡谴责瑞秋抢了她的风头。菲比请求在婚礼上献歌,并且要新人付她押金,以免他们反悔。乔伊准备参加一个试镜,演19岁少年。菲比偷吃乔伊的糖果。钱德在床上有心无力。

Chandler: (motioning with his hands) I’m notworried, I’m uh, I’m fascinated. Y’know it’s like uh, Biology! Which is funnybecause in high school I uh, I-I failed Biology and tonight Biology failed me.(Exits as Phoebe enters from her room with her guitar.)

Fascinated  入迷的;极感兴趣的very interested; 说实话我不太明白chandler这里是啥意思~~

oey: So you’re playing a littlePlaystation, huh? That’s whack! Playstation is whack! ‘Sup with the whackPlaystation, ‘sup?! Huh? Come on, am I 19 or what?!
Chandler: Yes, on a scale from 1 to 10, 10being the dumbest a person can look, you are definitely 19.

Scale  等级;级别。这里这个表达on a scale from 1 to10, 10 being the xxxest 可以记下来。

Monica: Thunder being stolen!!
Rachel: Okay come on Phoebe, it’snothing! Monica, come on!

Thunder  风头;当然打雷也是这个词,但是steal one’s thunder
一个习惯用法;

Ross: And; people thinking it’shuge has led Monica to believe that we are stealing her thunder. (To Monica)Which we are not!

看这句话~~
Ing从句做主语,that又宾语从句,后面跟非限定定语从句做解释补充说明。三个句子组成一个;

Rachel: Hey.
Ross: Hey, I just realized wekinda let some stuff up in the air

Let something up in the air 有什么事还没说完。这个表达可以用在AW里,说thearguer still let something up in the air,然后blablabla~~

Monica: (opening the door) HiPheebs, what’s up? (She enters.)
Phoebe: Okay, you said I couldsing at your wedding so, I’m just gonna need a small deposit.

Deposit   订金;订钱,押金;

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-6-16
精华
帖子

发表于 2009-8-29 01:15:26 |显示全部楼层

5x06 - TOW The Yeti

简单情节介绍:
乔伊不喜欢守秘密,但为了莫妮卡和钱德又不得不守口如瓶。菲比得到传家宝——一件貂皮大衣。她本打算焚化,穿上后一照镜子,她又改变了主意。应艾米丽的要求,罗斯变卖了所有旧家当,两人打算开始全新的生活。罗斯觉得艾米丽没必要如此小心,“如果没有信任,我们的婚姻怎能幸福?”但艾米丽始终无法放心。黑暗之中,瑞秋和莫妮卡被储藏室里一个毛发浓密的男人吓了一跳。这个“雪男”一样的男人原来是大楼新住客,丹尼。瑞秋和丹尼起先无法相处融洽,但后来两人一起去吃披萨。丑陋裸男返家。

Monica: Hey, what's that?
Phoebe: Yeah, my mom sent me a family heirloom that once belonged to my grandmother. Can you believe it?! A year ago I didn't even have a family, and now I have heirlooms for crying out loud.

Heirloom  传家宝;
Phoebe: Yeah! Why would my mother send me a fur? Doesn't she know me but at all! Plus, I have a perfectly fine coat that no innocent animal suffered to make!

Innocent  无辜的;常说innocent people,无辜的人~
chandler: So you're really okay with this?
Ross: Yes! Yes! I mean it's-it's kinda far from work, but uh, y'know, I'll get so much done on the commute. I-I've been given the gift of time!
Chandler: Now that's so funny, because last Christmas I got the gift of space. We should get them together and make a continuum.

Commute上下班往返,经常往返(于两地);这个词专指性很强,有可能不好理解。但是看它的衍生communication,就知道,信息的交流一般都是往返很多的,说一句话就没回音的,我们也不叫沟通交流了。用commute的时候一定要注意这种重复性
Monica: No, Ross, we do not hate Emily. We-we just, we just think that you're having to sacrifice a whole lot to make her happy.
Joey: Yeah!
Chandler: Look, we just think that maybe she's being a little unreasonable.
Joey: Yes! Yes! Unreasonable!
Ross: Unreasonable? How about we have this conversation when one of you guys gets married! You have no idea what it takes to make a marriage work! All right, it's about compromise! Do you always like it? No! Do you do it? Yes! Because it's not all laughing, happy, candy in the sky, drinking coffee at Central Perk all the time! It's real life, okay? It's what grown-ups do!

Sacrifice  牺牲。这个词也基本属于看见能认识但是自己想不起来用的;
Compromise  妥协,让步。
Ross的这段话说的蛮有道理的,所以剩下的那几个人都无言应答。
Ross: Okay. Thanks you guys. Pheebs are you wearing fur?
Phoebe: Okay, let's get some perspective people; it's not like I'm wearing a seeing-eye dog coat!

Perspective  全面的观点,透视法;这个词这些翻译意思真的很不好理解,但是结合上下语境我们可以大概理解为,phoebe说ross看问题别太偏激。“不要因为我穿了一个皮大衣就鄙视我好不好?我穿的又不是导盲犬做的大衣?”这很明显是强词夺理,但是她用perspective来表达的意思就是:“你别看到一点就开始攻击我“的意思。引申也就是全面客观的分析问题的态度

使用道具 举报

RE: 从Friends里学红宝单词的使用 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子