ykhjy 发表于 2012-1-20 02:09:21

新g issue 29 求拍~

29) The best way to teach—whether as an educator, employer, or parent—is to praise positive actions and ignore negative ones.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

The statement claims that for an educator, employer and parent, it is the best way to teach to praise positive actions and ignore negative one. To some extent, it is reasonable, since praising may make students, employees, and children be more confident. However, it is not comprehensive, since there are some negative aspects.

The statement seems to assume that praising is beneficial while criticizing is not a good thing. Since praising can be beneficial for students, employees, and children to discern their goal, thus motivating them to make progress. And praising may help them come over difficulties more easily. On the other side, criticizing may easily hurt one's self-respect and self-confidence, contusing them to make progress.

However, both praising and criticizing are usual athodyd to teach, and it should be admitted that using both of them is an art. It is unnecessary that praising must be beneficial and criticizing must be detrimental for students, employees and children. Praising may make someone underestimate oneself, thus inhibiting one's desire to learn. For instance, when I was 13 in middle school, my math teacher praised me that I had corrected my errors of my last math assignment, while feeling happy, I assumed that it was not necessary to correct the assignment thus subsequently sometimes I don't correct or correct my errors later.

Furthermore, to different objects, the effect of praise are different. And not all educators, employers and parents are good at making use of this praising way. To employers, praising may lead to employees' mutual slander and be mutual jealous, thus may result in team sprit's non-existent.For example, when an male employer mentions that a new female staff is working-hard and clever, other staffs may defame the new staff at the back that she has affairs with the employer due to the jealousy.

In addition, some appropriate critique sometimes may motivate students, employees and children. Take the students as an example. To some students who always don't listen to math classes, teachers can criticizing them in this way via saying"You make little progress recently, and can you tell me the reason? You are a clever student according to your usual performances thus I'm sure that you must be able to learn math well.I'm willing to aid you and can we strive together?" Accepting this well-intentioned critique, students can be internally motivated to learn and be confident to lean knowledge well.

In conclusion, rather than praising positive actions and ignoring negative ones, the best way to teach should be to combine praise and criticize, and the point is to motivate students, employees and children internally.

dandeliontt 发表于 2012-1-20 02:19:08

楼主可以先改改别人的作文,然后留链接邀请回拍。
粗略看了一下楼主的作文,个人觉得遣词造句和行文思路都还需要再提高一下。

ykhjy 发表于 2012-1-21 12:03:37

2# dandeliontt ok, THX~
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 新g issue 29 求拍~