yangDAjing 发表于 2012-6-15 10:43:35

第一篇issue 101,自己改过 , 求狂拍

(101) Although innovations such as video, computers, and the Internet seem to offer schools improved methods for instructing students, these technologies all too often distract from real learning.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

With the development of technology, schools are using innovations such as video, computers, and the Internet to instruct student. Some one says that those innovations could offer improved ways to instruct students, but they also distract students from real learning too often. Regarding this view, In my opinion, innovation is a double-edged sword, and it can offer convenience as well as distraction.  Whether the technology plays a positive or negative role depends on how students use it.

It is of no doubt that technology is quite an important part in schools, or we may say it is even necessary in teaching and learning.   Think about how Harbor telescope helps human, including students,  to see the outer space vividly. When teaching a geology course talking about cosmology , instead of simply telling students how the eclipse forms, professors can show students a video which could directly show students how the sun, the moon, and the earth act to generate eclipse. In this way, students would have a video playing in their head vividly when talking about eclipse. Using Internet,  professors can upload homework on line so that students can check it anytime without mistake, also, students can submit their homework on line as well. When professors found that they made mistake in class, they can send students email and correct it as soon as possible. As a student,  I am afraid that I can not live without the convenience that new technology brings me.

More than helping students to learn, technologies also encourage students to create.  For example, when partial differential equations are generated about mechanical engineering,  math students can write a program to solve the equations use computer. It is known that numerical methods would have errors solving this problem, and that encourage students to find a better way with the help of computer. There is an impressive tool we use everyday, the Facebook, which is developed by a student who was in Harvard university. Simply used computer and knowledge of programming, the student finally created a great network environment for people to commute which becomes welcomed all over the world. What a great creation with the help of computer technology.

It is inevitable that technologies distract students from real learning while it is students who should pay for that, not technologies. Sometimes, some students use iphone in class to play games or chat with others, instead of focusing on the class. Sometimes, some students bring laptops into class and just surf on the Internet.  These are bad enough for learning, and even more, some students use technologies to cheat, which is intolerant. It is students who choose to use the backside of the sword — technology.  Even if those students do not have computer, they can still be lured by many other things, for example  magazines, TVs and so on.

In sum, technologies and innovations can improve method to teach, but they can not ensure it.  They offer students a better way to learn, and to create. While, students can also wrongly use this great weapon. In my view, Schools should explore and adopt more new technologies in teaching in future, and students have to make good use of these innovations.
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 第一篇issue 101,自己改过 , 求狂拍