chrishong119 发表于 2014-12-10 23:20:34

argument 39/174 new seafood restaurant (business proposal)

本帖来自"14年秋季GRE提纲+全文互改小组",欢迎关注!你还可以查看更多小组、创建小组39) A recent sales study indicates that consumption of seafood dishes in Bay City restaurants has increased by 30 percent during the past five years. Yet there are no currently operating city restaurants whose specialty is seafood. Moreover, the majority of families in Bay City are two-income families, and a nationwide study has shown that such families eat significantly fewer home-cooked meals than they did a decade ago but at the same time express more concern about healthful eating. Therefore, the new Captain Seafood restaurant that specializes in seafood should be quite popular and profitable.
Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

chrishong119 发表于 2014-12-10 23:20:42

TS
    The article argues that the new Captain Seafood restaurant that specializes in seafood should be quite popular and profitable because people are consuming more seafood in Bay City than before according to some studies. Well, I find additional evidences are needed to better assess this argument, those evidences would strengthen or weaken the argument.

ts1
    First of all, I need evidence to prove that Captain Seafood restaurant does pose competitive advantages over other restaurants in providing seafood. C是专业的海鲜馆,但其地理位置、内部环境,以及关键的因素:海鲜的新鲜度、味道及价格,这些不一定要竞争力,还有其服务。

ts2
    The second evidence needed is that people in Bay City would definitely go out to have seafood to promote health situations as supposed. 全国性的调查是那样的结果,但,B城市的人们怎么想的无从而知,其可能偏向于自己做饭,就算其关注健康的饮食,其也未必觉得常吃海鲜就是对身体好的,而且,甚至都觉得出去吃饭不卫生不健康。

ts3
    Finally, I need critical evidence to prove that the increase in sales of seafood dished in Bay City is not ephemeral and this trend will remain so in the future so that the potential market is really considerable. 吃海鲜的多了,可能只是短暂的一股流行风,或全国性的浪潮,也有可能是因为别的因素如猪禽流感而导致,所以近几年来才会增长,而长期的来说,后续的市场未必好,就如同以往一样,所以也就没有别的商家单独开了海鲜餐馆。
页: [1]
查看完整版本: argument 39/174 new seafood restaurant (business proposal)