cugkingliu 发表于 2015-9-7 22:35:07

互相批改GRE作文QQ群:276999439

准备GRE作文,求互相批发作文的战友!!QQ群:276999439

Vicky相 发表于 2015-11-6 11:26:51

你好,我加QQ了,还未回复,本人11月24号考试,可否互批?这是写的第一篇issue,题库里的issue2, 写的比较烂,没啥想法,严重超时,如果需要互批可以帮忙改一改,谢谢啦~) To understand the most important characteristics of a society, one must study its major cities.
What is the most important characteristic of a society? The culture, education or people's living conditions? What kind of people most reflect those things, the one from city or the one from countryside? From my perspective, all of them can be used to provide evidence in this statement.
Granted that a nation's major city do represents some characteristic of its society. For example, New York. I always remembered the first time I went to New York. The different colored people busy walking on the street, the numerous high buildings and monuments, the old but typical subway with a lot of tourists. Everything looks fantastic and different. I think I get something about US from this big major city. The colored people, different language and bizarre dressing, I can see that US is a diversity society and is made up with migrants from all over the world. It was a big family and people must be very tolerated and friendly. I can also see US is a fast developed country in the world with the high technology reflected in people's everyday life.
On the other hand, however, does New York represent US? Did most other cities there are as same as New York? I have to say it is totally not. If we set New York as the major city and believe that it will show the most characteristic of US, then people would be totally misled. I went to many states in US and the result actually contradicted my original thinking. New York is very different from other cities, it just like superstars in our society, and we would not know the society better from these stars than the ordinary people.  It because the common people most reflect the main value of in society. Like the millions of peasants and thousands of workers in China most have the right to speak, to represent. The capital city Beijing and the biggest city Shanghai do not show the main characteristic of this nation, because almost 70 percent of people are youngsters from different cities in China. Maybe we could see how these group generation work hard, how they chase dreams and what did they do every day. This is just a small part in China. When you moved to another middle or small city, the people’s status changed a lot. Many of them live in a simple and humdrum life, earning money to buy houses, without so much goal to achieve or many dreams want to fulfill. The peasants’ life is still in struggle. Those are the facts and most portrait people in China.
The major city is merely the appearance of a society and it shows a part of the nation's character. If we want to dig down inside a society, we need more attention to the countryside and villages, that’s the original of a society.
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 互相批改GRE作文QQ群:276999439