owenmore 发表于 2004-6-22 14:22:47

6.22上午一笑而过

背景: BNU去年毕业,工作一年,TAMU大半奖,自己只用掏1700多刀。有论文什么的。

约的9点15,9点已经就进去了,大厅里面很多人,先去1、2号窗口交材料,然后3号窗口按指纹。我是不大了解VO的,4、5、6、7号窗口,4个VO,应该是jfmm、美男、DTT还有一个我看不清(近视眼,而且一向不带眼镜)速,度差不多,好像拿到签证的人挺多的。

我浅蓝的牌子,等着排队,今天早上6点就醒了(因为闹肚子),也不敢吃饭,就一直等着,但是真的一点都不紧张,我尽量直直地站着。一直到10点多,终于轮到我们,6号窗口,应该是美男吧?我也不清楚。前面一行五人签商旅,被拒,后面一阿姨和大叔去参加儿子的毕业典礼,我觉得阿姨有点说得不好,她老强调说她儿子毕业以后还要在美国实习半年,这不是给vo找茬了嘛!vo就说:“你没法证明你的儿子会回来,他可以接你们过去的。”阿姨争辩了几句,还是被保安劝下。然后就是我了

V:A beautiful name
me: Yes, I have a beautiful name (注:本人名字为XX美梅,从进门安检开始就引人注目的名字)
me:Morning Sir. I'd like to give all my best wishes to you at first, for it is our Dragon Boat Festival.
V; (抬头)yes? Thank you! Let's start the interview, OK?
me: OK.
V: So you want to pursue a PHD at XX?
me: Yes.
V:Why US?
me:Blabla
V: What's you plan in the future?
me: I plan to come back to my hometown Chengdu, to find a position as a teacher and reseracher in Sichuan Univ.
V; I want to know what you will do , not where.
me:I want to do some research, bring the advanced theory I learn in the US to Chengdu, and conbine the theory with the actual situation in Chengdu. I was born in Chengdu, and fimiliar with the situation. And as you know, our government has paied more attention to the West Development in China, besides poor economy, finance, I think HR is more important.
V: You only mention Chengdu, how about other places, such as Xinjiang, Xizang?
me:I've also been to Xinjiang 、Xizang as well, and diffrent city has different problem, and I was born in Chengdu, and familiar with it.
V: So how do you think about the future of the West Development in China?
me: There're of cource some problems, but with our government policy, I bilieve the situation is changing, better and better. Take Chegndu for example, I often go back to my hometown, and it has changed a lot! I believe it will be better.
V:(Look at me)Are you sure?
me:Yes(smile)
V: OK. Pls go to window 10 for your visa.
me: Thank you , sir. And pls kindly remember to eat some rice dumpling today. Hope it will bring you good luck and happiness.
V:OK. Thanks.

感觉还不错,不要紧张,记住vo也是人,不是神,大家要平等地交流,大家都说要站直了,但是现场真的很多人就趴那儿的,从后面看不太美的哦!所以我还是尽量站得直直的:)
问题没有特别刁的,所以只要准备得差不多,有奖学金就没什么。他居然没有看我的财力证明,中途试图给他看论文,他也no了,真是得,一点都没看:)总的形势还是不错,大家加油吧!我后面的一个学药理的check,祝贺哦!
不过我临窗的也是bnu毕业的,想去学法律,被jfmm据了,我隐约听见说“你有100多万,完全可以在国内过得很好……”,唉……再好好准备吧!祝2000成功!
我也很不幸的,有两个老师带着20多个学生来签,她们签过了就在那儿等其它的同学,也没出去,见我过来了,就纷纷道喜,还向我询问……结果我们被保安赶出去了。她们本来就不用自己取visa的,可怜了我拿着黄条出去了……后来我再去问,告诉我下午再去取,嗨……不过也向那个老师说的,好事多磨啊!:)谢谢你们!

谢谢Rocky、Echo、朱棋、朱江、袁星……谢谢你们陪我联系,借我手表,帮我很多忙,真的很感谢!也祝袁星28号顺利通过!
祝所有人好运!

瀚海惊鸿 发表于 2004-6-22 15:15:59

楼主你是在哪签的?

owenmore 发表于 2004-6-22 16:23:39

北京哦!

aurora 发表于 2004-6-22 17:33:28

cong~~
虽然在北京签,不过是成都老乡,呵呵

owenmore 发表于 2004-6-23 09:15:50

我的check list

虽然我的任何材料他都没看,还是贴上来,希望对大家有参考作用,我一共装了4个袋子:
Admission Letter