ºûµû½á ·¢±íÓÚ 2006-5-4 15:31:51

PS·¶Àý¡ª¡ªElectrical Engineering

PS·¶Àý¡ª¡ªElectrical Engineering
http://cn.oversea.yahoo.com/030102/255/1egih.html

During¡¡my¡¡senior¡¡year¡¡at¡¡Purdue¡¡University,¡¡I¡¡made¡¡a¡¡decision¡¡that has¡¡impacted¡¡the¡¡entire¡¡course¡¡of¡¡my¡¡education.¡¡While¡¡my¡¡classmates¡¡were¡¡making¡¡definite¡¡decisions¡¡about¡¡their¡¡career¡¡paths,¡¡I¡¡chose¡¡to¡¡implement¡¡a¡¡five-year¡¡plan¡¡of¡¡development¡¡and¡¡growth¡¡for¡¡myself. I¡¡designed¡¡this¡¡plan¡¡in¡¡order¡¡to¡¡examine¡¡various¡¡careers¡¡that¡¡I¡¡thought¡¡might¡¡interest¡¡me,¡¡as¡¡well¡¡as¡¡to¡¡expand¡¡upon¡¡my¡¡abilities¡¡at the¡¡time.¡¡As¡¡I¡¡was¡¡attaining¡¡a¡¡BS¡¡degree¡¡in¡¡Electrical¡¡Engineering,¡¡I¡¡decided¡¡to¡¡focus¡¡primarily¡¡on¡¡fields¡¡related¡¡to¡¡the¡¡VLSI¡¡(Very¡¡Large-Scale¡¡Integrated)¡¡circuits¡¡area.¡¡My¡¡main¡¡goals¡¡were¡¡either¡¡to¡¡gain work¡¡experience¡¡or¡¡to¡¡further¡¡my¡¡education¡¡by¡¡pursuing¡¡an¡¡MS¡¡degree¡¡in¡¡Electrical¡¡Engineering¡¡(MSEE).¡¡I¡¡saw¡¡an¡¡opportunity¡¡to¡¡both¡¡work¡¡and¡¡learn¡¡through¡¡employment¡¡at¡¡Xilinx¡¡Inc.¡¡Operating¡¡as¡¡a¡¡product¡¡engineer¡¡at¡¡a¡¡successful,¡¡high-tech¡¡semiconductor¡¡company¡¡has enabled¡¡me¡¡to¡¡utilize¡¡my¡¡technical¡¡and¡¡interpersonal¡¡skills¡¡in¡¡new¡¡and¡¡challenging¡¡ways.¡¡The¡¡position¡¡has¡¡also¡¡allowed¡¡me¡¡to¡¡interact¡¡with¡¡a¡¡multitude¡¡of¡¡departments¡¡including¡¡marketing,¡¡integrated¡¡circuit¡¡(IC)¡¡design,¡¡software/CAD¡¡development,¡¡manufacturing,¡¡reliability,¡¡accounting,¡¡and¡¡sales.¡¡I¡¡thus¡¡have¡¡gained¡¡an¡¡array¡¡of¡¡experience¡¡that¡¡extended¡¡beyond¡¡the¡¡parameters¡¡of¡¡my¡¡own¡¡responsibilities.¡¡In¡¡the¡¡workplace,¡¡I¡¡rely¡¡heavily¡¡upon¡¡the¡¡interpersonal¡¡techniques¡¡I¡¡developed¡¡as¡¡a¡¡counselor¡¡in¡¡a¡¡Purdue residence¡¡hall,¡¡as¡¡well¡¡as¡¡the¡¡organizational¡¡skills¡¡I¡¡had¡¡acquired¡¡through¡¡holding¡¡various¡¡leadership¡¡positions¡¡in cultural¡¡and¡¡engineering¡¡societies.¡¡I¡¡have¡¡also¡¡cultivated¡¡an¡¡interest¡¡in¡¡high-technology¡¡marketing¡¡that¡¡has¡¡continued¡¡to¡¡grow¡¡throughout¡¡my¡¡career.¡¡My¡¡experiences¡¡with¡¡Xilinx¡¡have¡¡heightened¡¡my¡¡hunger¡¡for¡¡knowledge¡¡in¡¡the¡¡VLSI¡¡field.¡¡ Two¡¡months¡¡after¡¡joining¡¡the¡¡corporation,¡¡I¡¡applied¡¡to¡¡several¡¡part-time¡¡programs¡¡in¡¡the¡¡vicinity¡¡that¡¡would¡¡allow¡¡me¡¡to¡¡acquire¡¡an¡¡MSEE¡¡degree¡¡within¡¡two¡¡to¡¡three¡¡years.¡¡San¡¡Jose¡¡State¡¡seemed¡¡an¡¡ideal¡¡choice,¡¡for¡¡its¡¡evening¡¡MSEE¡¡courses¡¡would¡¡allow¡¡me¡¡to¡¡pursue¡¡two¡¡independent,¡¡full-time¡¡positions¡¡concurrently.¡¡The¡¡San¡¡Jose¡¡program¡¡has¡¡complemented¡¡my¡¡Xilinx¡¡duties¡¡well;¡¡both¡¡demand¡¡large¡¡levels¡¡of¡¡energy¡¡and¡¡enthusiasm¡¡while guiding¡¡me¡¡to¡¡my¡¡ultimate¡¡goal,¡¡a¡¡high¡¡degree¡¡of¡¡education¡¡in¡¡VLSI¡¡sciences.¡¡The¡¡resources¡¡that¡¡I¡¡poured¡¡into¡¡both¡¡endeavors¡¡have reaped¡¡many¡¡gains.¡¡I¡¡have¡¡been¡¡promoted¡¡to¡¡a¡¡Product-Yield¡¡Engineering¡¡position¡¡within¡¡Xilinx's¡¡Coarse¡¡Grain¡¡Static¡¡Memory¡¡(CGSM)¡¡Product¡¡Engineering¡¡division.¡¡My¡¡extensive¡¡coursework¡¡plays¡¡a¡¡key¡¡role¡¡in¡¡my¡¡continued¡¡success¡¡at¡¡Xilinx.¡¡Relevant¡¡classes¡¡in¡¡advanced¡¡digital¡¡and¡¡analog¡¡VLSI¡¡design,¡¡as¡¡well¡¡as¡¡sub-micron¡¡ULSI¡¡technology,¡¡have allowed¡¡me¡¡to¡¡understand¡¡more¡¡completely¡¡the¡¡workings¡¡of¡¡Xilinx,¡¡a fab-less¡¡semiconductor¡¡company¡¡that¡¡also¡¡functions¡¡as¡¡a¡¡software¡¡and hardware¡¡design,¡¡testing,¡¡and¡¡marketing¡¡center.¡¡The¡¡gains¡¡in¡¡knowledge¡¡I¡¡have¡¡made¡¡through¡¡the¡¡combination¡¡of¡¡work¡¡experience¡¡and¡¡education¡¡have¡¡indeed¡¡been¡¡exponential.¡¡The¡¡academic¡¡records¡¡of¡¡my senior¡¡year¡¡at¡¡Purdue,¡¡coupled¡¡with¡¡my¡¡MSEE¡¡coursework,¡¡are¡¡ample¡¡proof¡¡of¡¡my¡¡dedication¡¡to¡¡learning.¡¡I¡¡feel¡¡I¡¡have¡¡overcome¡¡through hard work¡¡and¡¡dedication¡¡to¡¡the¡¡brief¡¡"dry¡¡phase"¡¡I¡¡underwent¡¡at¡¡Purdue¡¡during¡¡the¡¡close¡¡of¡¡my¡¡sophomore¡¡and¡¡the¡¡first¡¡semester of¡¡my¡¡junior¡¡years.¡¡My¡¡performance¡¡at¡¡that¡¡time¡¡is¡¡in¡¡no¡¡way¡¡indicative¡¡of¡¡my¡¡usual¡¡achievements;¡¡they¡¡are¡¡instead¡¡the¡¡result¡¡of¡¡urgent¡¡family¡¡difficulties¡¡that¡¡required¡¡much¡¡foreign¡¡travel¡¡and¡¡serious¡¡attention¡¡to¡¡resolve.¡¡In¡¡May,¡¡I¡¡shall¡¡graduate¡¡with¡¡an¡¡MSEE¡¡degree from¡¡San¡¡Jose¡¡well¡¡ahead¡¡of¡¡my¡¡original¡¡estimates.¡¡This¡¡early¡¡graduation¡¡with¡¡Dean's¡¡Honors¡¡is¡¡the¡¡result¡¡of¡¡my¡¡firm¡¡belief¡¡in¡¡the¡¡value¡¡of¡¡diligence,¡¡as¡¡well¡¡as¡¡my¡¡renewed¡¡determination¡¡to¡¡strive¡¡for¡¡perfection¡¡in¡¡both¡¡work¡¡and¡¡school.¡¡ I¡¡am¡¡now¡¡embarking¡¡on¡¡another¡¡five-year¡¡plan,¡¡during¡¡which¡¡I¡¡hope¡¡to¡¡fulfill¡¡several¡¡specific¡¡career goals.¡¡For¡¡instance,¡¡being¡¡part¡¡of¡¡a¡¡very¡¡dynamic¡¡and¡¡results-oriented¡¡Yield¡¡team¡¡at¡¡Xilinx¡¡calls¡¡for¡¡continuous¡¡development¡¡of¡¡computational¡¡and¡¡statistical¡¡techniques.¡¡The¡¡Yield¡¡team¡¡is¡¡divided¡¡to¡¡focus¡¡on specific¡¡process/fabrication¡¡issues¡¡and¡¡process¡¡(manufacturing)¡¡optimization.¡¡My¡¡own¡¡position¡¡is¡¡an¡¡integral¡¡part¡¡of¡¡the¡¡optimization¡¡group.¡¡Speed¡¡and¡¡cost¡¡issues¡¡continue¡¡to¡¡press¡¡high¡¡technology¡¡atmospheres towards¡¡optimization,¡¡probability¡¡and¡¡stochastic¡¡processes¡¡and¡¡systems, and¡¡rigorous¡¡simulations¡¡of¡¡mathematical¡¡models.¡¡The¡¡MS¡¡in¡¡EES&OR¡¡offered¡¡at¡¡your¡¡university¡¡will¡¡grant¡¡me¡¡the¡¡statistical¡¡knowledge¡¡that is¡¡crucial¡¡for¡¡process¡¡and¡¡production¡¡optimization¡¡in¡¡a¡¡fab-less¡¡environment.¡¡ In¡¡addition,¡¡product¡¡engineering¡¡requires¡¡fundamental¡¡research on¡¡mathematical¡¡models¡¡for¡¡linear¡¡and¡¡non-linear¡¡programming,¡¡as¡¡well as¡¡the¡¡utilization¡¡of¡¡efficient¡¡computer¡¡software.¡¡I¡¡continuously¡¡employ the¡¡knowledge¡¡I¡¡gained¡¡at¡¡Purdue¡¡in¡¡Operations¡¡Research¡¡and¡¡advanced¡¡mathematics¡¡courses.¡¡Yet¡¡despite¡¡the¡¡value¡¡of¡¡these¡¡classes¡¡and¡¡my¡¡high¡¡performance¡¡in¡¡them,¡¡I¡¡now¡¡require¡¡further¡¡education¡¡to¡¡best¡¡fulfill¡¡my¡¡duties.¡¡An¡¡MS¡¡in¡¡the¡¡EES&OR¡¡field,¡¡will¡¡give¡¡me knowledge¡¡that¡¡is¡¡invaluable¡¡to¡¡a¡¡career¡¡in¡¡product¡¡development,¡¡project¡¡management¡¡and¡¡strategic¡¡planning.¡¡The¡¡program¡¡will¡¡allow¡¡me¡¡to¡¡improve¡¡decision-making¡¡skills¡¡in¡¡operations,¡¡strategy,¡¡and¡¡policy¡¡issues.¡¡I¡¡will¡¡strengthen¡¡my¡¡theory¡¡and¡¡application¡¡in¡¡countless¡¡areas:¡¡continuous,¡¡discrete,¡¡numerical¡¡optimization;¡¡probabilistic¡¡and¡¡stochastic¡¡processes;¡¡dynamic¡¡systems¡¡and¡¡simulation;¡¡economics,¡¡finance,¡¡and¡¡investment;¡¡decision¡¡analysis;¡¡dynamic¡¡programming¡¡and¡¡planning¡¡under¡¡uncertainty;¡¡operations¡¡and¡¡service ;¡¡corporate¡¡and¡¡individual¡¡strategy;¡¡and¡¡private¡¡and¡¡public¡¡policy¡¡issues.¡¡Thus,¡¡the¡¡EES&OR¡¡program¡¡will¡¡not only¡¡help¡¡me¡¡to¡¡excel¡¡at¡¡Xilinx¡¡but¡¡will¡¡also¡¡further¡¡any¡¡future¡¡career.¡¡ My¡¡commitment¡¡to¡¡work¡¡and¡¡education¡¡over¡¡the¡¡last¡¡three¡¡years¡¡proves¡¡that¡¡I¡¡will¡¡pursue¡¡this¡¡MS¡¡with¡¡enthusiasm¡¡and¡¡zeal.¡¡The technical¡¡edge¡¡that¡¡the¡¡MS¡¡would provide¡¡is¡¡incomparable.¡¡Since¡¡I¡¡will¡¡be¡¡working¡¡while¡¡attending¡¡Stanford,¡¡I¡¡shall¡¡mingle¡¡education¡¡with practical¡¡application,¡¡and¡¡bring¡¡to¡¡the¡¡table¡¡interesting¡¡problems¡¡from my¡¡experience¡¡and¡¡past¡¡education.¡¡Technical¡¡challenges¡¡encountered¡¡through¡¡projects¡¡in¡¡the¡¡EES&OR¡¡program¡¡will¡¡provide¡¡motivation¡¡and¡¡opportunity¡¡for¡¡methodological¡¡innovation.¡¡The¡¡data¡¡collection,¡¡processing¡¡and¡¡presentation¡¡issues¡¡presented¡¡are¡¡integral¡¡to¡¡my¡¡future¡¡goals, and¡¡the¡¡management¡¡challenges¡¡raised¡¡will¡¡provide¡¡invaluable¡¡experience¡¡for¡¡professional¡¡practice.¡¡This¡¡will¡¡in¡¡turn¡¡build¡¡a¡¡solid¡¡foundation¡¡for¡¡a¡¡life-long¡¡career¡¡that¡¡can¡¡overcome¡¡any¡¡problem¡¡in¡¡decision-making.¡¡In¡¡addition,¡¡taking¡¡courses¡¡in¡¡economics,¡¡finance,¡¡and¡¡investment analysis¡¡will¡¡allow¡¡much¡¡growth¡¡of¡¡knowledge¡¡in¡¡investment¡¡issues¡¡in different¡¡industries.¡¡The¡¡EES&OR¡¡program¡¡thus¡¡appeals¡¡not¡¡only¡¡to¡¡my¡¡engineering,¡¡economics,¡¡science¡¡and¡¡mathematical¡¡background,¡¡but will¡¡complement¡¡my¡¡technical¡¡abilities¡¡with¡¡the¡¡conceptual¡¡frameworks  needed¡¡to¡¡analyze¡¡problems¡¡in¡¡operations, production,¡¡strategic¡¡planning, and¡¡marketing¡¡in¡¡the¡¡realm¡¡of¡¡semiconductor/IC/engineering¡¡systems.

I¡¡feel¡¡that¡¡I¡¡am¡¡prepared¡¡to¡¡meet¡¡the¡¡challenges¡¡of¡¡the¡¡curriculum.¡¡My¡¡coursework¡¡in¡¡intermediate¡¡microeconomics¡¡and¡¡macroeconomics, international¡¡trade,¡¡operations¡¡research,¡¡linear¡¡algebra,¡¡and¡¡probabilistic¡¡methods,¡¡along¡¡with¡¡my¡¡extensive¡¡calculus¡¡background,¡¡will¡¡allow¡¡me  to¡¡function¡¡well¡¡within¡¡the¡¡program.¡¡My¡¡long-term¡¡career¡¡goals¡¡include¡¡a¡¡move¡¡into¡¡marketing¡¡and¡¡product¡¡management.¡¡I¡¡believe¡¡that¡¡attaining¡¡this¡¡MS¡¡degree¡¡is¡¡the¡¡cornerstone¡¡to¡¡achieving¡¡my¡¡goals.¡¡It¡¡will¡¡give¡¡me¡¡the¡¡academic¡¡background¡¡necessary¡¡to¡¡succeed¡¡in¡¡product¡¡development,¡¡project¡¡management,¡¡and¡¡strategic¡¡planning.¡¡It¡¡will¡¡improve¡¡decision-making¡¡skills¡¡necessary¡¡for¡¡optimizing¡¡performance.¡¡The¡¡integration¡¡of¡¡two¡¡excellent¡¡programs¡¡in¡¡Economics¡¡Systems¡¡and¡¡Operations¡¡Research¡¡thus¡¡suits¡¡my¡¡current¡¡position¡¡and¡¡ties¡¡in¡¡with¡¡future¡¡goals¡¡perfectly¡¡by¡¡improving¡¡decision¡¡making¡¡in¡¡operations,¡¡strategy¡¡and¡¡policy.¡¡

At¡¡present¡¡I¡¡desire¡¡to¡¡continue¡¡at¡¡Xilinx;¡¡attending¡¡a¡¡program¡¡that provides¡¡the¡¡flexibility¡¡and¡¡convenience¡¡of¡¡the¡¡SITN,¡¡is¡¡therefore¡¡imperative.¡¡Hence,¡¡being¡¡at¡¡Stanford¡¡as¡¡an¡¡HCP¡¡student¡¡also¡¡attracts¡¡me.¡¡I¡¡believe¡¡that¡¡Stanford¡¡is¡¡the¡¡best¡¡environment¡¡for¡¡me¡¡to¡¡achieve¡¡my¡¡goals¡¡while¡¡gaining¡¡exposure¡¡to¡¡and¡¡experience¡¡with¡¡a¡¡diverse¡¡student¡¡body¡¡and¡¡faculty.¡¡It¡¡is¡¡my¡¡belief¡¡that¡¡one¡¡continues¡¡to¡¡learn¡¡throughout¡¡one's¡¡life,¡¡and¡¡the¡¡most¡¡effective¡¡method¡¡of¡¡learning¡¡is¡¡through¡¡interaction¡¡with¡¡others.¡¡Stanford's¡¡diversity¡¡offers¡¡an environment¡¡for¡¡learning,¡¡both¡¡inside¡¡and¡¡outside¡¡the¡¡classroom.¡¡I¡¡hope¡¡to¡¡share¡¡my¡¡varied¡¡knowledge¡¡with¡¡my¡¡classmates¡¡and¡¡to¡¡take  from¡¡them¡¡a¡¡new¡¡understanding¡¡of¡¡topics¡¡that¡¡are¡¡foreign¡¡to¡¡me.  I¡¡believe¡¡that¡¡no¡¡other¡¡school¡¡provides¡¡students¡¡with¡¡the¡¡combination¡¡of¡¡education¡¡and¡¡environment¡¡offered¡¡by¡¡Stanford.¡¡Its¡¡outstanding academic¡¡reputation,¡¡mingled¡¡with¡¡its¡¡diverse¡¡environment¡¡and¡¡thriving Bay¡¡Area¡¡location,¡¡creates¡¡an¡¡opportunity¡¡for¡¡growth¡¡that¡¡is¡¡second to¡¡none.¡¡I¡¡have¡¡many¡¡ambitions¡¡for¡¡myself¡¡as¡¡I¡¡embark¡¡on¡¡this¡¡stage¡¡of¡¡my¡¡life.¡¡I¡¡believe¡¡that¡¡an¡¡education¡¡from¡¡Stanford¡¡will¡¡provide¡¡invaluable¡¡experiences¡¡and¡¡skills¡¡that¡¡will¡¡allow¡¡me¡¡to¡¡become¡¡a  successful¡¡and¡¡innovative¡¡business¡¡leader¡¡in¡¡the¡¡new¡¡millennium.

±¦±´Ð¡Öí ·¢±íÓÚ 2006-5-5 00:51:00

ÍÛßÇßÇ£¬¾ø¶ÔºÃµÄ¶«Î÷°¡
¶¥£¬ºûµûmm£¬ÐÁ¿àÄãÁË:p

givenwong ·¢±íÓÚ 2006-6-3 12:17:27

so long СÃ×ÓÐʱ¼ä¿´Íꣿ£¿£¿£¿

ºûµû½á ·¢±íÓÚ 2006-6-6 13:43:00

¿´PSµÄ²»ÊÇСÃס«

shiwen1 ·¢±íÓÚ 2006-10-1 01:54:24

лл·ÖÏíѽ
Ò³: [1]
²é¿´ÍêÕû°æ±¾: PS·¶Àý¡ª¡ªElectrical Engineering