ceslavie 发表于 2007-9-25 09:31:40

请教一下有关MBA/GMAT

小弟想读个MBA, 下面是我的一些背景和想法 想咨询过来人的意见 谢谢先!

28 years old, escalation manager in NASDAQ listed software company, reside at Shanghai currently. Current responsibilities are handling enterprise customer escalation issues, collaborating with various internal and external
parts to resolve the hot issues.

graduated at 22 from zhejiang university and got my bachelor degree of Chemical Engineering.

One year engineer experienced in a domestic software company, following with 4 years working experience at Microsoft for various positions (engineer, consultant & technical account manager).

If go to get MBA, my goal after that should be IT investment banking or IT strategy consulting.

If stay in China to get MBA, my goal is CEIBS, but it is full-time MBA, and I am still a bit concerning the quanlities of the education and the career development after graduation. CEIBS does not have the specific MBA directions about IT management/consulting, but lots of US MBA school does.

If go to US to get MBA, the finical pressure will be even outstanding for me, that means it is more risky, but potentially better reward. Is WU MBA school good for this? Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks a lot for valuable suggestions!

stephanie_sisu 发表于 2007-9-25 11:42:23

if you want to develop your career in China, choose CEIBS.

Big consulting firms like Mckinsey have business technology office which recruits people with IT background. Also, if you develop your career in industry, you can try to get oppotunities like IT manager or project manager for big companies

ceslavie 发表于 2007-9-25 13:27:22

thanks for the response and suggestions. I has already been the PM at MS, so I think my main focus will in IT investment banking and strategy consulting:)

some friends told me in CEIBS MBA, lots of sutdents are having engineer background instead of management experience, that may be not so good.
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 请教一下有关MBA/GMAT