bbspeterlee 发表于 2007-12-2 13:34:55

上海2007年第二次(非二签)J-1签证被Check三个星期后PASS,附详细签经及CheckList

上海2007年第二次(非二签)J-1签证被Check三个星期后PASS,附详细签经及CheckList

PART I. 背景情况
++++++++++++++++++++++++

上一贴:
https://bbs.gter.net/thread-758831-1-1.html

小弟去年非常成功地签到了J-1去美国的学生与访问学者签证,去年2006年7月~9月近三个月在美国做实习。

去年9月回国后,经考虑,2006年12月份向去年的雇主表示,想毕业后能再去一次,把去年短时间未学会的技术能有个全面的了解,那边的雇主也希望我能过去。由于我J-1的某些规定(2-yearresident),我不能申请H-1工作签证(J-1的Wavier也没有办法申请),因此对方想方设法帮我申请第二次J-1签证(非二签)。

由于去年我是以学生身份签的(我今天刚毕业),而且只有短期三个月,回国的理由很充分,因为要回国完成学业。而现在,对方的公司也说了,我现在的情况容易被认为是有移民倾向的。

我于2007年11月7日去上海美领馆面签,被Check了,拿到一张橘红色的“NOTICE TO THE APPLICANT”,经过漫长的三个星期的等待,终于拿到签证。现在正在办法出去的后续手续。

PART II. 面签经过
++++++++++++++++++++++++

The interview lasted about 15 minutes, which is very long (less than 3minutes last year). A lot of questions I was asked. Here is thedialogue history:

/*****************************************************/
ME: Good morning, sir.
VO: So you are LI?
ME: Yes.

VO: So you have been to USA?
ME: Yes, in the summer 2006.
VO: Where will you go?
ME: XXXXXXXX. Developing XXXXXXXX technology.
VO: Oh, XXXXXXXX! (Seems that he knows my host company). Who will pay for you?
ME: XXXXXXXX. My host employer.
VO: So you work for XXXXXXXX?
ME: Not work, it's a training.

VO: So why will they pay for you? Why China Government didn't pay?
ME: (I'm confused. Why China Government didn't pay?!!!) It's anExchange Visitor Program (What I mean is that my visa status is J-1),go to XXXXXXXX... (Interrupted)
VO: Exchange Visitor? So they will send someone to China?
ME: They have cooperation with a Chinese company named XXXXXXXX, hereare some materials for that (I handed it to him). And also XXXXXXXX isa sponsor organization for training...
VO: I see.

(It seems that he thought there is someone going to China. I should have said "no" or "I'm not sure")
ME: Here are some materials for the Statement of my Family Background.Blah, blah... that you see, I gotta back to China after finishing thetraining in the USA.
VO: Okay. I see. So you are now working in XXXXXXXX? That mobile communication company? Which country?
ME: Yes. It's a telecommunications company? XXXXXXXX. A XXXXXXXX company located in Shanghai.

VO: Oh, XXXXXXXX. Can I see your resume?
ME: Of coz. Here it is. You can see that I've been doing the internship in computer programming for some companies.
VO: Yes. Are you a student or graduated?
ME: Just graduated. Here are the graduation certificates and degreecertificates, including bachelor's, master's, and their Englishtranslation copies are also included.

VO: OK, I see. What's your major?
ME: Optics, About Physics.
VO: So why now XXXXXXXX?
ME: Well. I've been self-studying a lot of programming courses as apart of my curriculum, and the internship last year I had with XXXXXXXXgave me a lot of experience. I really had a productive and rewardingtime. And XXXXXXXX technology is an advanced technology, it is still onthe initial phase here in China, I wanna be trained. And also I havesome certificates and awards about my programming skills.

VO: When will you go?
ME: December 1st.
VO: December 1st. Well, your application has been approved, but stillwe need some time to process your application. (Handing me the orangepaper)
ME: You mean I will be checked? How long?
VO: 2-3 weeks. We will contact you via the telephone you provided once we have a final decision.
ME: Okay. Thank you. Do you wanna see the email contacts between my Host Employer XXXXXXXX & Me?
VO: No.

ME: Okay. (I'm packing up my materials, and about to leave...)
VO: Sorry. Wait a minute. Can you give me the training plan, can I see it?
ME: Okay. (Handing the "Host Employer Application Form" and "DS-7002 Training Placement Plan)
VO: (Looking at "Host Employer Application Form"). No, not this. I mean the training schedule?
ME: I think that one, the DS-7002 form, Training Placement Plan.

VO: (Move to look at the DS-7002 form).
ME: This is the plan, including 4 step-by-step phases. Theory, robustness, practical.
VO: Okay. That emails please.
ME: You mean this (email contacts between my Host Employer Rosetta Stone & Me, handing to the VO)?
VO: Yes. (Have a look at some pages). What is this for?
ME: My application procedure we did between my host employer & me.

VO: Okay. Do you have some materials about the company?
ME: Yes. Here is introduction about my host employer RosettaStone, thisis from their website. And this is my supervisor XXXXXXXX's resume, Ialso attached his business card.
VO: Okay. That's good.

ME: So. I just keep this (the orange paper) and wait for your response?
VO: Yes. We will contact you once we finish.
ME: Okay. Thank you. (Packing up my materials). Have a nice day!
VO: (Smile)
ME: (God, so long time, I'm tired.)
/*****************************************************/

As a conclusion, I believe that they will check these 4 points:

(1) The cooperation with a Chinese company named XXXXXXXX,http://www.XXXXXXXX.cn, it's okay coz we did have cooperation withXXXXXXXX. But it seems that the visa official was interested with myJ-1 status "EXCHANGE Vistor", please see the details in our talk above.
(2) My major Physics. I think Physics is a sensitive one they need check.
(3) Training not working.
(4) Home tie (It seems that he was not so interested in).

PART III. CheckList
++++++++++++++++++++++++

a ) Basic Required
----------------------
a.1 ) DS-2019 (Certificate of Eligibility)
a.2 ) Passport
a.3 ) DS-156 (Electronic, filled online in English, with some items hand-writing translated into Chinese as required)
a.4 ) DS-157
a.5 ) DS-158
a.6 ) SEVIS I-901 Receipt
a.7 ) USA Nonimmigrant Visa Application Fee Receipt (2 sheets)
a.8 ) Exchange Visitor Sponsorship Letter (From Visa Sponsor)
a.9 ) 2 Visa Photos
a.10) J-1 Visa Exchange Programs - Host Employer Application Form(Offer of Training from Host Employer)(Official Document of FundEvidence)
a.11) DS-7002 Training-Internship Placement Plan
a.12) Reference - About Work in XXXXXXXX (USA) and Benefits to My Future Career in China
a.13) Reference - Family Background Statement
a.14) ???
----------------------
b ) Secondary Important
----------------------
b.1 ) My Resume
b.2 ) Diplomas (Certificates of Graduation, Master Degree, Bachelor Degree - Original and English Translated Copies)
b.3 ) English Language Certificates (College English Test - Spoken English Test (CET-SET), CET-4-6)
b.4 ) Transcript of Academic Records (Original & English Translated Copies)
b.5 ) Bank Account
b.6 ) Real-estate Certificate
b.7 ) Family Hukou Book
b.8 ) Family Picture
b.9 ) J-1 Visa Exchange Programs - Exchange Visitor Application Checklist & Form (including Statement of Motivation)
b.10) Current Employment
b.11) Residency Certificate
b.12) Emails between Rosetta Stone (HR, Supervisor) & Me
b.13) My Supervisor XXXXXXXX's Resume
b.14) About Sponsor
b.15) About My Host Employer XXXXXXXX
b.16) Awarded Certificates (National Scholarship, UniversityScholarship, China Undergraduate Mathematical Contest in Modeling(CUMCM), University Advanced Maths Contest, University ProgrammingContest)
b.17) Personal ID Card (Shengfegzheng)
b.18) 2006 Internship Report from XXXXXXXX (Evaluation on My Last Intership), 2006 Summer Intership Project Scope & Goals
b.19) RMB, Pen, Correction Liquild
b.20) ???
----------------------
c ) Others Optional
----------------------
c.1 ) Social Security Number
c.2 ) 2006 DS-2019
c.3 ) Other Documents from Sponsor in FedEx Mail
c.4 ) Letter of Reference
c.5 ) Hukou Certificate
c.6 ) Blank DS157, 158 for Emergency Use
c.7 ) ???

Notes (Don't Forget):
1. DS-156 BarCode (Printed from website) should be nice and clear, not crapy;
2. Form signature and date (DS-156, 158, DS-2019);
3. ???

Check Prohibited Items

PART IV. 经验总结:
++++++++++++++++++++++++

1)充分准备
事实证明,不管你的签证是否很容易过,你的材料准备都得非常的充分,你一定要有申请材料的CheckList,这样VO向你要材料时你就可以很快地拿出来;

2)自己FAQ
大家可能都会设想一些VO会问到的问题,由于毕竟是在说英语,可能会有表达上的问题,所以会事先准备好答案。这样做并没有错,最主要的是你的答案一定是自己一字一字事先准备的,而不背别人的答案(非常的不可取);

3)态度诚恳
不管是哪国人,中国人还是美国人,特别是作为美国国家政府的VO,你诚恳的态度是非常重要的,你在表达去美旅行的语言和表情上要十分的自然与诚恳,这也跟你是否是在背别人的FAQ也有关。如果你是在背别人的FAQ,你肯定做不到这点,除非你的心理素质非常好,如果好到这种程度,你也不会太在乎美国签证是否过了。

4)放稳心态
虽然好多人都不太同意我这样的观点(特别是相对好多强人来说):如果签不出来,我现在的工作也是非常的不错,也就是留有后路,这样你的心态会放得稳一点。事实上我在毕业前的好几个月就已经在申请签证了(也就是说签证顺利的话,一毕业就可以去了,由此可想而知,整个过程是多么的艰难与漫长),但是是毕业前在国内找工作我比谁都积极,因此毕业后的工作也是不错的。
与我观点相反,有些人喜欢豁出去,会努力地去做一件事情,这些人可能就会成大事业,但是在冒风险。注:我现在不炒股。
我的这种心态可能会随着以后生活的变化而变化,可能会变得不太一样。

5)预知能力
你对每件事情都有自己的判断与预知能力。我事先给自己的预定目标是至少也得是被Check吧,直接拿到最好了。这样你可以按照这个结果来按排下面的工作。我在面签之后,没有拿到签证之前就提前通知我现在的公司老板。

Geforce 发表于 2007-12-2 13:47:05

thanks

bbspeterlee 发表于 2007-12-3 01:13:13

Hope XDJM can also pass the visa interview
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 上海2007年第二次(非二签)J-1签证被Check三个星期后PASS,附详细签经及CheckList