寄托家园留学论坛

标题: 2014年10月学习小组"每天阅读!!!!"打卡帖 [打印本页]

作者: Alfredfeng    时间: 2014-10-1 22:47:37     标题: 2014年10月学习小组"每天阅读!!!!"打卡帖

本帖来自寄托备考小组"每天阅读!!!!"每月第一位打卡者打卡时所自动生成的。请点击此处关注/加入更多学习小组。
我在 2014-10-01 22:47完成打卡,是本组当天第1个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
I'm getting at the twentieth chapter of the novel I've been reading lately. I've learned from the chapters I've finished today that the ship heading to the north pole encounters trouble.To the surprise of everyone on board , the ship , named Jeannette , gets trapped among the ice far more south before the calculated latitude. I've mentioned beforehand that all were fine and nice at the very beginning of the journey, but everything has turned the opposite.I'm looking for the result of the ship, to see , whether the crew will eventually make it to the Arctic , or be devoured by the severity of nature.
作者: wangshiru    时间: 2014-10-1 23:13:17

我在 2014-10-01 23:13完成打卡,是本组当天第2个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
今天继续4篇the economist!!!
New analysis and sophisticated mapping technology have helped for searching the missing Malaysian airliner. As we all know, the Boeing 777 disappeared early in the morning of March 8th on the way from Kuala to Beijing, and no sign of it has been found. But the new analysis and sophisticated mapping technology can change it. It can help us to find traces of MH370, and it may recover the aircraft's flight recorders. So we can know why the airliner could be so mysteriously.

作者: wangshiru    时间: 2014-10-2 22:01:17

我在 2014-10-02 22:01完成打卡,是本组当天第1个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
今天继续4篇the economist
On September 9th, Tim Cook presented two new iphones and a wearable device, called the Apple Watch. As we all know,iphone is very popular in our country, many people show off their iphone6 now.And the iphone generates more than half of the Apple's revenues. But a announcements show that Apple's future will be less about the hardware and more about the software. Like the moblie wallet can replace the credit cards. And Apple's new health and fitness applications can help people keep healthy.Apple seems to be ready to go further, and it do the largest acquisition recently. So I think that Apple is going through a Reformation today.

作者: Alfredfeng    时间: 2014-10-2 23:19:00

我在 2014-10-02 23:19完成打卡,是本组当天第2个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
Well..So far I've reached half of the book that I've been reading , whose name is In the Kingdom of Ice.Ever since Jeanette , the ship traveling to the Arctic , met trouble far south before reaching the Arctic Circle , it has been locked up there with little advancement accomplished. Life on the ship becomes monochrome , for everything that occurs in the daily lives of staff on board  is the same as always. Nevertheless , there come some unexpected accidents : people on board gradually suffer from an abnormal disease , whose reason determined by the doctor is intake of lead that poisons food; a party of people start the exploration of a newly discovered island , and they meet trouble afterwards because of the unpredictable weather in the north region.The wife of the main character , who is also captain of the ship , becomes lovesick for lack of hearing from her husband.What's happened to the ship is unknown to the world , for there's no way to stay in contact. I really want to know what'll happen in the following chapters, with hope that warriors will make it in the end . But who knows?
作者: wangshiru    时间: 2014-10-3 22:40:44

我在 2014-10-03 22:40完成打卡,是本组当天第1个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
今天继续4篇the economist,睡前读物= =,就不写概述了,睡去了~~~~
作者: Alfredfeng    时间: 2014-10-3 23:09:11

我在 2014-10-03 23:09完成打卡,是本组当天第2个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
I'm reaching an amazing part of the whole story: because of continual shock caused by ice and out of severity of nature , the ship Jeanette finally sinks to the depth of the Arctic Ocean.I was amazed by the calmness of De Long , captain of the ship , who had already made a comprehensive back-up plan for the wreckage.There comes the following story ; the crew have to live a life in misery trudging through the landmass while they head south in order to be back home. However , as time goes by , they are running out of their provisions. Who knows what the result will be?
作者: wangshiru    时间: 2014-10-4 21:55:07

我在 2014-10-04 21:55完成打卡,是本组当天第1个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
今天继续4篇the economist和Pose Method of Running
I saw an article about the Hong Kong's protests. I'm very afraid to talk about that. I think most of us know why. But I want to say that the leaders in Beijing fear Hong Kong and its special status under the “one country, two systems” arrangement it has enjoyed since the territory’s handover from Britain in 1997. The protesters’ main demand is that the people of Hong Kong be allowed to vote for any candidate of their choosing in elections for the post of chief executive in 2017. The spread of news and images of the protests has been blocked or heavily censored on the mainland. I think that  the leaders will not surrender it. May be they will use a more severe force. So I'm very worried about how the leaders will deal with this protest.

作者: Alfredfeng    时间: 2014-10-4 23:07:28

我在 2014-10-04 23:07完成打卡,是本组当天第2个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
I can feel that the author tries his best to ravel up his story. I've been reading the same novel for several days so far and I got some really shocking things: in order for the survival of the entire expedition team , the crew had to kill their dogs which they had to think as impediments to the survival, leaving only two of them-however one was finally left eventually 'cause the other one was shot because of its incurable illness.Here comes another thing about the whole story: the expedition team luckily discovers a large island abundant in living animals , which means food supplies to them.They had their big feasts on the island and long lost morale is also retrieved.After they build their new boats using wood from the island , the captain ordered it be the time to leave otherwise it would be too late for the rescue when winter comes.But unfortunately , their life got screwed up again because of the caprice of Arctic climate.
作者: 子夏    时间: 2014-10-5 08:31:49

我在 2014-10-05 08:31完成打卡,是本组当天第1个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
Pride and Prejudice & the economist
作者: zhoutong.xian    时间: 2014-10-5 15:59:42

thanks, reading is much tougher for me!
作者: Alfredfeng    时间: 2014-10-5 23:16:31

我在 2014-10-05 23:16完成打卡,是本组当天第2个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
I'm reaching the end of the novel I've been reading ever since the beginning of the holiday, the name of which is In the Kingdom of Ice.Basically the story gets raveled up , the entire crew is split into three groups but unfortunately one of the group turns out to be all dead.One is lucky enough to be rescued by natives.The rest still remains unknown.

The point is , that I really wanna pull an all-nighter to finish this novel.

作者: wangshiru    时间: 2014-10-5 23:33:07

我在 2014-10-05 23:33完成打卡,是本组当天第3个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
今天继续4篇the economist,今天套磁信全拒,没心情写概述= =,唉
作者: 子夏    时间: 2014-10-6 07:29:12

我在 2014-10-06 07:29完成打卡,是本组当天第1个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
the economist
作者: wangshiru    时间: 2014-10-6 08:15:36

zhoutong.xian 发表于 2014-10-5 15:59
thanks, reading is much tougher for me!

要加入吗??:lol
作者: Alfredfeng    时间: 2014-10-6 16:44:12

我在 2014-10-06 16:44完成打卡,是本组当天第2个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
Except the crew members from the whale boat , all are found dead in the frozen Siberia , which also denotes the end of the search by Nindeman .This is the whole story of the novel .

Feelings have overwhelmed me so much that I cannot recapitulate when I finish the view of this whole story. So far it has taken almost the whole vacation , a work so sedentary that I began to manifest fatigue every time I stood up from the chair.What this experience brings me to reminiscence is the fact that I had been admonished several times by both teachers and some of my dear friends who tried to persuade against putting too much work in this for the sake of my future career,but I rejected their kindness , sticking to the way I was , and I am , and I have the confidence that I will be , in pursuit of latitude ,a place void of conventional chains,no matter what consequence there may be

作者: wangshiru    时间: 2014-10-6 23:32:07

我在 2014-10-06 23:32完成打卡,是本组当天第3个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
套磁是个很艰辛的事情= =,唉,今天继续the economist 4篇,明早补上概述,不要灰心,fighting!!!!
作者: wangshiru    时间: 2014-10-7 09:22:02

来补概述了!!!
As we all know, Japan's economy is in recession. The yen is down by around 22%, and the export volumes fell by 1.5% in 2013 and by 0.4% between January and August this year. There may be four reasons. The first and most straightforward is that Japan’s trading partners are now recovering from the recession. Then it may be that the price in the local currencies is very high. The third, Japanese firms are doing their shift manufacturing overseas to be close to their markets. The most worrying explanation of all is that Japanese products have lost competitiveness. I agree with that. I think the most typical is Sony. As we all know Sony is in a poor product development, and it can not compete with Apple. So I think it is a very big problem for Japan’s leaders to solve.
作者: Alfredfeng    时间: 2014-10-7 18:31:31

我在 2014-10-07 18:31完成打卡,是本组当天第1个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
明天要交力学作业了,准备通宵了,后天势必补上进度
作者: wangshiru    时间: 2014-10-7 21:06:07

我在 2014-10-07 21:06完成打卡,是本组当天第2个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
今天看了几篇The New Yorker 和几篇 The Economist,
The New Yorker上一篇评论The Good Wife,不好写概述,有点长,总之就是“The Good Wife” have an element of fantasy, and it is the smartest drama currently on the air. 但是看完很后悔,我只看了第一季,这个评论剧透了6季,妈蛋,全知道了= =,但是还是要看,很好看!!!强烈推荐!!!!

作者: wangshiru    时间: 2014-10-8 09:39:15

我在 2014-10-08 09:39完成打卡,是本组当天第1个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
今天是6篇the economist
At first, in Hong Kong, the students protest leaders agree to talk,but they say that if the negotiations is failed, they will back to streets. But I think the result will be bad, the students are idealistic, and the leaders in Beijing is tough. But if there are more rounds of protests in Hong Kong, I will wonder the mainland would be influence by it. The Beijing leaders are afraid of it. So the Hong Kong's condition is very unclear.
Then the Samsung's smartphone sales are being pummeled. But they do the chips to earn money.Like the rapid declines of Nokia and BlackBerry, we can see whether the Samsung is the next in line.

作者: xiheasas    时间: 2014-10-8 16:03:49

我在 2014-10-08 16:03完成打卡,是本组当天第2个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
从今天开始先读一读THE NEW YORKER。

The story tells that a black boy was accused of taking a backpack by fault, and the court put him into jail for 3 years. During the jury, the poor guy tried his best to defense for himself, yet failed. It is a very touching story, and I felt as if my happiness was robbed at the end.

作者: sherlock_GRE    时间: 2014-10-8 22:19:02

想请问一下,我上的新东方老师没有教我们用定位的办法做阅读,而是另外一种,请问一般GRE阅读最好还是关键词定位的方法好么?
作者: Alfredfeng    时间: 2014-10-8 23:15:47

我在 2014-10-08 23:15完成打卡,是本组当天第3个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
I've read three articles from the Economist and some pages of a new novel called We Are Not Ourselves.The three articles include the HK issue , the Afghanistan issue and the one as to how digitization has shaped now labor market.We all know about the protesters in HK seeking for the right to vote without intervention of the Communist Party but I don't fully agree with the author's attitude.Our motherland is such a unique country that it would be disastrous to copy the democratic way western countries wield their power.Modification has to be considered and applied.
when it comes to digitization , surely it changes the way employment functions. My idea is that as university students we should spare no effort getting to learn more , and practice more so we will have our advantageous perch in the future.
The novel that I read for today is kinda hard to describe.Maybe the author tries to ravel up his story , but who knows? I've got at the page where a boy played with a frog in a cruel way.

作者: wangshiru    时间: 2014-10-9 08:09:39

sherlock_GRE 发表于 2014-10-8 22:19
想请问一下,我上的新东方老师没有教我们用定位的办法做阅读,而是另外一种,请问一般GRE阅读最好还是关键词 ...

= =,同学这是阅读小组,不是GRE考试阅读= =,建议你去GRE板块提问
作者: wangshiru    时间: 2014-10-9 09:05:17

我在 2014-10-09 09:05完成打卡,是本组当天第1个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
今天4篇 the economist
At the Paris Motor Show last week, it revealed Lamborghini Asterion LPI 9103,Bentley Mulsanne Speed, Ferrari 458 Speciale A and so forth. As the very tight fuel-economy standards, those cars are powerful yet less damaging to the environment than their predecessors. Some of the new sports cars do this with hybrid engines. And some cars are not going hybrid. For instance, they maybe use smaller engines. And all those cars are fuel efficient. But they can be more expensive, so the car-makers should to find ways of improving their cars' fuel economy.
Then, HP plans to shed its PC and printer divisions

作者: Alfredfeng    时间: 2014-10-9 21:16:39

我在 2014-10-09 21:16完成打卡,是本组当天第2个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
Oh my gosh  I haven't done anything for today 'cause I'm on a full schedule every Thursday...So sorry that I will absolutely make up for it and tomorrow I'll do my best in reading. I shall read as much as I can to improve my skill.
作者: Alfredfeng    时间: 2014-10-10 15:03:22

我在 2014-10-10 15:03完成打卡,是本组当天第1个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
I read an article from the Economist covering the legal issue of the US. The term plea bargaining - the defendant agrees to plead guilty in return for leniency brings me to astonishment because I haven't ever thought that prosecutors have so much power that they can even change how the result of the lawsuit goes.Surely anything on legal issues that is relevant to people instead of set principles when it comes to judicial act should be taken into thorough consideration.And America should take enough notice of this fact and reform , for example.
作者: wangshiru    时间: 2014-10-10 21:29:46

我在 2014-10-10 21:29完成打卡,是本组当天第2个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
今天继续the economist 4篇
明早补概述阿!!!!!

作者: Alfredfeng    时间: 2014-10-10 22:19:24

13号要去围观Ben大神~~~~因此12-14号可能都没法上网。。

我是从成都出发的。。。

祝我顺利吧~~
作者: cheng089413    时间: 2014-10-10 23:37:29

顶一下
作者: wangshiru    时间: 2014-10-11 08:51:43

来补概述啦!!!!
An online survey of more than 200000 people in 189 countries published by Boston Consulting Group. It found that two-third of respondents would consider to work abroad, and one-five of them already had. This respondents are high education, and aged 20-50. Most of them were attractive to companies. For no-Americans, the first city they would contemplate working in is London. The next is New York. No body want to work in China or other Asia country. And the language is the main deterrent. But the workers need to realized that the pool of the competitors for the best jobs is bigger than before, they should  get some experience to improve their skill to win the competition.
作者: wangshiru    时间: 2014-10-11 09:30:20

我在 2014-10-11 09:30完成打卡,是本组当天第1个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
今天继续4篇 the economist
Technological revolutions disrupts more jobs, more works will be employable only at lower wages. There are three reasons. First, the intelligence machine is threatened the workers jobs. They would compete with machines. Second, the wealth creation in digital era has generated little employment. Many wealth firm has very little employees. Third, these these shifts are now in emerging economies. The wedge between a elite and ordinary people will be larger. The governments can mitigate the problem, but they can not solve it. The best thing they can do is raise the productivity and education of less-skilled workers. And we need lifetime learning during this time.

作者: Alfredfeng    时间: 2014-10-11 23:18:23

我在 2014-10-11 23:18完成打卡,是本组当天第2个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
I've read an article from the economist as well as two chapter of a classic book named Democracy in America.
I am amazed by the content of Democracy in America, for the fact in the book that some people who went to the brand-new continent were not actually pariahs- i.e. they went to that place for exploration as well as for the development of human civilization , and they were willing to go for the expedition.Besides , I've learned some interesting history , such as " The emigrants who came at different periods to occupy the territory now covered by the American Union differed from each other in many respects. " Although the language the author uses is a bit difficult for me , I can still read it when I try my best to read.

作者: wangshiru    时间: 2014-10-12 09:01:20

我在 2014-10-12 09:01完成打卡,是本组当天第1个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
今天继续4篇 the economist

The first report case in Ebola outbreak is December 2013. In this year, the numbers of death are not just climbing, they accelerating. As of October 8th 8399 case and 4033 deaths has been reported, but many expert think it was underestimated. The most worse thing is that there are no treatments or vaccines that can be used. And the Ebola outbreak could be managed is under suspected. The United States suffered its first Ebola fatality this week. The reason that the explain the outbreak in Africa is the inadequacies of the health-care systems. And the Ebola also engender the economic loss. The World Bank estimated that would be equivalent of 12% GDP in Liberia. How terrible things!!

作者: Narcissus-art    时间: 2014-10-12 22:51:07

A room of one’s own: Virginia Woolf   P1-30

查了好多单词:L,明天接着看完,精彩的还在后面
The essay is generally seen as a feminist text, and is noted in its argument for both a literal and figural space for women writers within a literary tradition dominated by patriarchy. There are many interesting metaphors and the author wrote about some gender discrimination ironically. The main technique adopted in this short article is the stream of consciousness, which is very common in Woolf’s works.

作者: wangshiru    时间: 2014-10-13 09:05:29

我在 2014-10-13 09:05完成打卡,是本组当天第1个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
今天继续the economist

The Ebola has killed over 4000 people now, nearly all in west Africa. But it is clear that it is threaten other country now. American people was diagnosed with the disease when American officials announced that the country are safe. The man was contracted the disease in Liberia then they take the plane to America. He is died in October 8th. Many country are nervous now, they are screening air passengers and use infrared cameras to detect fevers. But the expect say that it was useless. Because people will not get fever very quickly, the machine can not detect it. The best way to stop Ebola is that we should tackling it in west Africa.

作者: wangshiru    时间: 2014-10-13 09:07:45

Narcissus-art 发表于 2014-10-12 22:51
A room of one’s own: Virginia Woolf   P1-30

查了好多单词,明天接着看完,精彩的还在后面

同学要打卡呀,在这边回复的话木有打卡记录的呀!!!
作者: Narcissus-art    时间: 2014-10-13 10:33:50

本帖最后由 Narcissus-art 于 2014-10-13 23:44 编辑
我在 2014-10-13 10:33完成打卡,是本组当天第2个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
打卡。。。。。、

Chapter 1  明天接着Chapter 2
In this essay, Woolf talked about several conditions she met in one day which men and women were treated differently.
She thought that women were not allowed to go to library because they didn’t amass great wealth and laid it under the foundations of college and library like men. But why women couldn’t be rich? Because every penny they earned must be handed to their husbands and be disposed of according to their husbands’ wisdom.
She thought about the safety and prosperity of men and the poverty and insecurity of women; and poverty or wealth had what effect on people’s mind.

The economist 关于Malala 一篇,also a feminist

作者: wangshiru    时间: 2014-10-13 11:50:06

Narcissus-art 发表于 2014-10-13 10:33
打卡。。。。。、

哈哈,就跟前面发的那些一样,打卡后颜色是蓝色的,一起加油哈!
作者: Narcissus-art    时间: 2014-10-14 16:02:16

我在 2014-10-14 16:02完成打卡,是本组当天第1个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
Chapter 2:

Men get confidence by thinking women are inferior to them, by thinking they have some innate superiority. Women are mirrors of all men’s violent and heroic action. But after she received receiving a legacy from her aunt, her attitude to man changed. The money unveiled the sky to her and secure her independence. She began to look at problems more objectively. She imagined that women would take part in all the activities and exertions that were once denied them in a hundred years. Now, it’s almost a hundred years after she wrote this book,  women’s rights indeed make great progress, but gender equality is still not achieved.

作者: Alfredfeng    时间: 2014-10-14 22:11:19

我在 2014-10-14 22:11完成打卡,是本组当天第2个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
I'm back in Chengdu now...As I have mentioned that I flew to Beijing to be one of those who have a close look at Crazyrobin ,I haven't had the access to the internet for my update ,because I didn't bring my laptop with me. Today I actually tried to push myself to read faster than before the novel which I have read called in the Kingdom of ice , only to find that I have a poor understanding of it when I attempt to read it at 200 wpm.According to my memory , Bennett owns a newspaper column called The Herald , one of the most popular at that time according to the novel.He is both a meticulous and weird person , torturing his workers by pushing them to improve their skills of digging news.Later in the novel , He took part in a speed walking competition against his rival who is a strong body builder.And he made it to win the prize.
作者: wangshiru    时间: 2014-10-14 22:25:56

我在 2014-10-14 22:25完成打卡,是本组当天第3个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
今天继续4篇the economist
事情太多,明天来补概述!!!

作者: Narcissus-art    时间: 2014-10-15 18:26:37

我在 2014-10-15 18:26完成打卡,是本组当天第1个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
Chapter 3:
Why no woman wrote a word of that extraordinary literature when every other man was capable of song or sonnet? It is a perennial puzzle for Woolf. First, marriage was not an affair of personal affection, but of family avarice. Women in fiction have burnt like beacons and are even greater than men from the beginning of time, but in real life, she was locked up, beaten and flung about the room. Imaginatively she is of the highest importance; practically she is completely insignificant.

There is nothing known about women before the 18th century. Woolf imagines what would have happened if Shakespeare had a wonderfully gifted sister. She thinks that genius must have existed among women as must have existed among working class, but certainly it never got itself on to paper.

作者: wangshiru    时间: 2014-10-15 22:18:59

我在 2014-10-15 22:18完成打卡,是本组当天第2个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
今天状态低迷= =,请个假
作者: Alfredfeng    时间: 2014-10-15 22:35:10

我在 2014-10-15 22:35完成打卡,是本组当天第3个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
After attending the get-together in THU , I start to pay attention to my reading efficiency. I've practice reading faster than before two passages in the Economist. The first passage was on the matter of plea bargaining , a controversial issue in legal events of America.At first I sped as much as I could , and when I reached 200 wpm , I found that I could hardly understand a thing.Then I realized that I should not read so fast at this stage and I should slow down a little for comprehension...It was such a painful experience , but I believe I'll make it when I stick to it till the end .
作者: wangshiru    时间: 2014-10-16 18:10:15

我在 2014-10-16 18:10完成打卡,是本组当天第1个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
今天要复活!!!!继续四篇the economist
UChi is the TOP 1 in MBA program for the forth time in five years. The media salary of the new graduate students is 116,302$, and the total tuition fee is 123,040$. This very impressive salaries. And last year 94% of graduates were employed within three months of leaving. As jobs have become scarcer today, UChi also can maintain a strong record of placing people in work. Last year the best MBA school in European was HEC Paris, it have the highest salary. The salary is 123,982$. There are four reasons that why they decide to take an MBA. First, it can open new career opportunities. Then it is a personal development/education experience. And it can increase salary. At last it is a opportunity to network.
MBA,真是好钱途阿!!!

作者: Narcissus-art    时间: 2014-10-16 21:04:19

我在 2014-10-16 21:04完成打卡,是本组当天第2个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
Chapter 4:
In the 18th century, women could make money by writing. But the works of women were all novels with very few exceptions. Why? Because women have to write in the common sitting-room, and writing prose and fiction required less concentration than writing a poetry or a play. They wrote novels because of the environment they living in, however, they may even go further. Woolf thinks Charlotte Bronte has more genius than Jane Austen, but Charlotte didn’t get her genius expressed whole and entirely like Austen.

Men were living freely and could have varied experience of human life, which served him so splendidly later when he writing his books. But women could only write in the common sitting room without much experience of life. There was a flaw in the center of women’s works, because they altered their values in deference to the opinion of men. Here is a fantastic sentence, “ Lock up your libraries if you like; but there is no gate, no lock, no bolt, that you can set upon the freedom of my mind.” Woolf is a very stalwart woman.

作者: Alfredfeng    时间: 2014-10-16 22:28:33

我在 2014-10-16 22:28完成打卡,是本组当天第3个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
I've read several passages from the economist while I have tried to do so at different speeds. I seem to have found the balance of my understanding and speeding. The article involves the thaw of awkward bilateral relation between China and Japan.For historical reasons , both countries have been hostile to each other for quite a long time.For example , past Japanese prime ministers visited Yasukun , the shrine that honors convicted war criminals who have outraged Chinese people. And because of this , Chinese have had antagonism toward Japan. However , several new strategies adapted by Shinzo Abe, Japanese prime minister , aim at mitigating this hostility.Although efforts are made , both China and Japan have a long way to go to resume a friendly tie.

Btw, rushing passages so as to acquire a higher efficiency is extremely nerve-racking. I actually felt the nausea when I strive as hard as I could.Hopefully I'll make it in the end^^

作者: Alfredfeng    时间: 2014-10-17 19:20:17

我在 2014-10-17 19:20完成打卡,是本组当天第1个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
I'm trying to push myself to read faster and I can see the improvement~~~

Today I've read 3 articles from the Economist. The Japanese high-speed train is really a marvel 'cause it has made life in Japan a lot more convenient ever since its advent. Shinkansen, an exemplar , which links Tokyo and Osaka, has significantly shortens time spent in the journey.At once it became emblem of Japan.It cuts down 3 hours for the journey. Punctuality is also one of the reasons for the good reputation, because the average delay is less than a minute.It's never an exaggeration anyway.

作者: Narcissus-art    时间: 2014-10-17 20:40:08

我在 2014-10-17 20:40完成打卡,是本组当天第2个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
Today I watched Dead Poets Society. his is a fantastic movie. The teacher is an enlightener, he taught his students to be freethinkers. Is there anything more important than thinking freely?

Having a wisdom teacher is so lucky.  But even though Robin Williams has played so many intellectual roles, he still can’t overcome his own problem. It’s a great pity. Compared with the Davinci Code which I watched yesterday afternoon, Robin Williams’ role in this movie is more impressive than Tom Hanks in that movie. Because this character is more vivid.

The school is located in the beautiful countryside. The surroundings make people feel serene and tranquil. I am attracted by the wonderful scenery. The students can row in the river.

The teacher told his students to seize the day, to be yourself. But when your dream is stopped by your surroundings (usually by parents) , how to reconcile the ideal with reality? This is a dilemma many people encountered. The autocratic father and the coward mother killed their son. But they are too stereotyped to realize it.

作者: wangshiru    时间: 2014-10-17 21:21:34

我在 2014-10-17 21:21完成打卡,是本组当天第3个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
今天n篇the economist,记不清多少了

I read a article about the Airbnb. San Francisco passed a new regulation that only allows people to rent homes through these sites if they are San Francisco residents living in the unit for a least nine month a year.This reflects the growing influence of Airbnb. Recently the company valued at $10 billion and reported revenue of $250m last year. For business travellers, they have more choice and more space unlike the homogeneity of hotel. And also it have some risks. It is pricing out locals and creating bubble. But for people, it will be overwhelmingly positive.

作者: Alfredfeng    时间: 2014-10-18 22:03:03

我在 2014-10-18 22:03完成打卡,是本组当天第1个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
I've read 3 articles from the Economist and 2 chapters from the novel that I finished reading for the first time on Oct 6th.These days I'm trying to push myself to speed up when I rush each line.
Nehru, India's first prime minister , is an interesting person in that he made such a statement " one should never visit America" for he was shocked by commercialism in America.
Also , when it comes to chapters that I've rushed for today , the north pole is something quite mysterious to people at that time 'cause there wasn't even a good map that accurately depicted the outline of the Arctic region.
Afterwards, I did one exercise of GRE reading , because I'll take the test on Nov 1st.I feel the improvement out of my constant practice both in focused reading and rushing lines.I hope I can be an efficient reader sometime in the future.

作者: wangshiru    时间: 2014-10-19 09:15:44

我在 2014-10-19 09:15完成打卡,是本组当天第1个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
昨天竟然没打卡,最近被sub搞疯,加油啊,今天继续the ecomonist 4篇

Researchers have been touting many exciting findings that the bilingualism affects the brain. The one studies is that bilinguals are better able to focus on demanding mental task despite distractions. The other studies is that bilinguals onset of dementia about five years later than monolinguals do. With two languages in the mind, everything has two labels and everything can be expressed in two different kinds of sentences. Every time a thing is named, the other should be suppressed. And bilingualism is a kind of mental exercise to keep brain fit. But those findings need more researches. Some parents thinks bilingualism  may harm a child's development. If those advantage are true, I think many parents may give a try to let their children learn other languages.

作者: Alfredfeng    时间: 2014-10-19 22:31:53

我在 2014-10-19 22:31完成打卡,是本组当天第2个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
I can feel that a image popped up while I read Chapter 7 of the novel called In the Kingdom of Ice. Benette was on an affair with a beauty called Caroline May. He attended a high class salon and yet he made a serious diplomatic blunder, when he unintentionally peed at the salon. And after that he was kicked out of the salon as well as the May family for good.Soon after this incident, Frederick May, who was brother of Caroline May, took avenge of her by beating Benette up on the street using his whip torturing Benette senseless.After beaten up by Frederick , Benette asked for a duel, which was illegal at that time because once discovered both of them would end up in jail.The duel took place afterwards, with a satisfactory result : neither Benette and Frederick died during the duel.And we call this duel the last one in America.
作者: Narcissus-art    时间: 2014-10-19 23:49:15

我在 2014-10-19 23:49完成打卡,是本组当天第3个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
昨天一点不想坐在图书馆,去影院看了《黄金时代》。
Chapter 5
Women’s creative power differs from the creative power of men. It would be a thousand pities if women wrote like men, or lived like men, or looked like men. Because world is vast and various, we can’t manage with one sex only. Education should bring out and fortify the differences rather than the similarities. A true picture of man as a whole must be painted by a woman.

In this chapter, Woolf mainly talks about Mary Carmichael’s Life’s Adventure. Though Mary had nothing like the fiery imagination, the brilliant wit, the brooding wisdom of her great predecessors, she had certain advantages which women of far greater gift lacked even a half century ago. She wrote as a woman,but as a woman who has forgotten that she is a woman. Give her another hundred years, a room of her own and five hundred pounds a year, let her speak her mind and leave out half that she now puts in, and she will write a better book, she will be a poet.

作者: Narcissus-art    时间: 2014-10-20 17:41:49

我在 2014-10-20 17:41完成打卡,是本组当天第1个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
Chapter 6
The normal and comfortable state of being is that when man and woman live in harmony together, spiritually co-operating. When this fusion takes place, the mind is fully fertilized and uses all its faculties.

It is necessary to have five hundred a year and a room with a lock on the door if you are to write fiction or poetry. Because five hundred a year stands for the power to contemplate, that a lock on the door means the power to think for oneself. Intellectual freedom depends on material things. Poetry depends upon intellectual freedom. That’s why Woolf laid so much stress on money and a room of one’s own. “By hook or by crook, I hope that you will possess yourselves of money enough to travel and to idle, to contemplate the future or the past of the world, to dream over books and loiter at street corners and let the line of though dip deep into the stream.”

作者: wangshiru    时间: 2014-10-20 18:09:12

Narcissus-art 发表于 2014-10-19 23:49
昨天一点不想坐在图书馆,去影院看了《黄金时代》。
Chapter 5
Women’s creative power differs from th ...

黄金时代怎么样,一直想去看来这,没时间阿
作者: alwaysalive    时间: 2014-10-20 19:09:00

Hello every one!
I am new here and the main purpose I join the group is to take down what I've read everyday for English. I hope I could carry on a long and meaningful plan for reading comprehension as well as make a little effort on expression. So please for the sake of our improvement, let's just be open to suggestions and adjustment.
I am now working on three indivisual books, one is about American literature, another is the critical thinking, the other is the Merrian Webster's vocabulary builder. I hope I could finish these three in a month.
Futhermore, I am working on a scientific program so it is required to read several papers, some of which I don't need to go over specific details. Hopefully I would finish the program in a month!
作者: alwaysalive    时间: 2014-10-20 19:12:17

And I have to say, thank you for sharing with us the original novels a lot! It has been educational and helpful!
作者: alwaysalive    时间: 2014-10-20 19:14:58

我在 2014-10-20 19:14完成打卡,是本组当天第2个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
I just acknowledge how to use the everyday signing system! Today I saw a book named Triple Your Reading Speed. I don't know whether it will really work!
作者: wangshiru    时间: 2014-10-20 21:36:36

我在 2014-10-20 21:36完成打卡,是本组当天第3个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
今天继续the economist 4篇,
Today I saw an article about the Greenpeace, fossil oil and the environment. I want to say that we should inspire the oil companies to invest in more green-minded projects in the first place. We should corporate together.

作者: Alfredfeng    时间: 2014-10-20 22:45:43

我在 2014-10-20 22:45完成打卡,是本组当天第4个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
I've read two long passages from the Economist and done three reading comprehension exercises on WZD. The first article concerns the South China Sea. The territorial issue is complicated in that the South China Sea have long engaged in cartography.The second article concerns , again , the HK protest issue which I don't wanna address this time.The benefit of pushing myself to read faster by using a stopwatch to limit the time so that I have to pay more attention to my reading speed begins to emerge. And I hope it won't be for too long for me to acquire this skill. Best wishes to my real GRE on Nov. 1st.
作者: alwaysalive    时间: 2014-10-21 20:45:50

我在 2014-10-21 20:45完成打卡,是本组当天第1个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
just finished reading about the native American history. some of the stories and predictions in myths are justamazing! a myth said that agroup of White people will invade them with stick sprouting fire!(⊙o⊙)
作者: logically    时间: 2014-10-21 22:08:29

wangshiru 发表于 2014-10-20 21:36
今天继续the economist 4篇,
Today I saw an article about the Greenpeace, fossil oil and the environ ...

你们小组已经4人了啊~~
加油!

祝高分小组诞生~~~
作者: Alfredfeng    时间: 2014-10-21 22:14:50

我在 2014-10-21 22:14完成打卡,是本组当天第2个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
I’ve read a special report on the Economist on the impact of ICT, namely information and communication technology.The advent of ICT is gradually bringing significant change on our world.As for job market , the massive computing power has substituted several posts which were taken up by people.ICT brings us a divide on job market that those who are skilled will be much better off , such as the fact that they will enjoy higher salary , and yet those who are unskilled will face the danger of unemployment.The government should take proper measures to ensure the well-being of its people for fear of a roil casued by this radical change.

I can see I’ve achieved a better speed and understanding for these days’ drill on speed reading. The drill on adjusting the eyeball movement really works...However I will stick to it and I hope I can have a better improvement.

作者: wangshiru    时间: 2014-10-22 08:03:48

我在 2014-10-22 08:03完成打卡,是本组当天第1个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
昨天又忘了打卡,昨天看了4篇the economist,今天也是4篇the economist,25号考sub,这几天就先不写概述了,阅读继续!!!考完回来再开始概述,加油!!!!
作者: wangshiru    时间: 2014-10-22 08:14:08

alwaysalive 发表于 2014-10-20 19:09
Hello every one!
I am new here and the main purpose I join the group is to take down what I've read ...

欢迎新成员哈!!!!
PS:这里是经济学人98-2014年的杂志汇总,可以下载!!!连接在下面!!!!
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1kT62Iaz
作者: alwaysalive    时间: 2014-10-22 10:46:57

本帖最后由 alwaysalive 于 2014-10-22 11:19 编辑
wangshiru 发表于 2014-10-22 08:14
欢迎新成员哈!!!!
PS:这里是经济学人98-2014年的杂志汇总,可以下载!!!连接在下面!!!!
http ...

A lot of thanks! As I major in physics, it shall help me a lot to extend my knowledge!

PS, good luck for your sub test!
作者: alwaysalive    时间: 2014-10-22 19:07:57

我在 2014-10-22 19:07完成打卡,是本组当天第2个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
Today I mainly focus on my program and only a small amount of readings are acomplished. I finished reading the defination for angular momentum coupling and its following knowledge. I also read about the quantitation of angular momentum. I finished reading something about the literature when Spainish first came to the America, I am going to the library for further reading on the history of American literature!
Try to be better every day, guys!

作者: alwaysalive    时间: 2014-10-22 21:45:50

alwaysalive 发表于 2014-10-22 19:07
Today I mainly focus on my program and only a small amount of readings are acomplished. I finished r ...

Just finished reading the Spainish and Anglo-British ancestor coming to the America and first meeting the Native American. There are different types of feelings and blueprints which varies largely. Some, with their belief of the seek of the Eden, considered the operation as  a providence, while others, with different experience, e.g., captured by the Tribe and rescued by other whites later, or working there as a method of paying their paths, may feel different on the Colonism and the life in the West. Some youngsters missed their home and everything relavent to it, like dishes, way of life, due to their suffering of starvation, which made their lives there not a savalry to the Native Americans and establish the Colony, but a struggle indulged in homesickness and endless less efficient labors.
作者: Alfredfeng    时间: 2014-10-22 23:39:51

我在 2014-10-22 23:39完成打卡,是本组当天第3个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
I've finished four reading comprehension passages and sets of text completion questions presiding my daily reading task.Today I've read two long passages from the Economist also concerning the impact on technological revolution.For example , one of its product is online education. We all know that MOOC has been the pioneer so far in this field.Online education has in a way changed how education functions.Besides online education , the way people work is gradually changing as well.

Recently I'm busy because I'll take the real GRE on Nov.1st.Best wishes to me ^^

作者: wangshiru    时间: 2014-10-23 08:56:04

我在 2014-10-23 08:56完成打卡,是本组当天第1个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
今天继续4篇the economist!!!!
作者: alwaysalive    时间: 2014-10-23 22:10:11

我在 2014-10-23 22:10完成打卡,是本组当天第2个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
today i mainly concentrate on the similarity between different peoples making their ways to America in 1600s, bearing various purposesand for different reasons.
作者: Alfredfeng    时间: 2014-10-23 22:41:24

我在 2014-10-23 22:41完成打卡,是本组当天第3个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
前几天不小心感冒了今天还没有好。 The real GRE is drawing near.
I've finished 30 text completion questions on LDX as well as 20 ones from magoosh.
Plus two articles on the Economist. One is related to technological revolution and the other is on how America deals with IS.When it comes to the war against Islanmic State, America should be careful. The passage informs me that the bombing committed by American military resulted in casualty , killing civilians for example.Unless America tweaks its strategy , the eventual result may be what it doesn't wish.

作者: Alfredfeng    时间: 2014-10-24 20:24:11

我在 2014-10-24 20:24完成打卡,是本组当天第1个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
dizzy.....必须要请一天病假了
作者: alwaysalive    时间: 2014-10-25 21:22:12

我在 2014-10-25 21:22完成打卡,是本组当天第1个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
I read about the webster's vocabulary builder today! I hope I could finish four times before next week!
fight everyone!!!

作者: wangshiru    时间: 2014-10-25 22:54:05

我在 2014-10-25 22:54完成打卡,是本组当天第2个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
今天回归,继续4篇the economist!!!!!!!!
作者: alwaysalive    时间: 2014-10-26 17:48:24

我在 2014-10-26 17:48完成打卡,是本组当天第1个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
I learned about the forbidden line, quadrupole density matrix, and hyperfine splitting today! Hopefully I can read about the American History tonight after vocabulary learning!
作者: wangshiru    时间: 2014-10-26 20:26:07

我在 2014-10-26 20:26完成打卡,是本组当天第2个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
今天继续the economist 4篇,
最近事情太多了,实在没空写概述,但是文章继续看,所以接下来每天打卡,就不写概述了,等过段时间

作者: alwaysalive    时间: 2014-10-27 20:16:31

我在 2014-10-27 20:16完成打卡,是本组当天第1个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
i have read some early American parative stories. fight for words!
作者: wangshiru    时间: 2014-10-27 21:19:11

我在 2014-10-27 21:19完成打卡,是本组当天第2个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
今天继续the economist 4篇!!!!
作者: alwaysalive    时间: 2014-10-28 13:10:25

我在 2014-10-28 13:10完成打卡,是本组当天第1个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
I have gone through some of the records against the record of the plantation.
作者: wangshiru    时间: 2014-10-28 22:48:10

我在 2014-10-28 22:48完成打卡,是本组当天第2个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
今天继续4篇the economist!!!
作者: alwaysalive    时间: 2014-10-29 18:36:41

我在 2014-10-29 18:36完成打卡,是本组当天第1个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
Today I have read about the DDG and AEDG method for the solution of Fokker-Planck Equation. It is inspiring!
作者: wangshiru    时间: 2014-10-29 21:23:11

我在 2014-10-29 21:23完成打卡,是本组当天第2个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
今天继续 the economist 4篇!!!
最近亚历山大

作者: alwaysalive    时间: 2014-10-30 22:27:00

我在 2014-10-30 22:27完成打卡,是本组当天第1个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
today the program has driven me mad. i shall read some small stories later
作者: wangshiru    时间: 2014-10-31 16:57:45

我在 2014-10-31 16:57完成打卡,是本组当天第1个打卡的组员,获得奖励 寄托币 1
昨天忘了打卡= =,今天继续4篇the economist!!!

欢迎光临 寄托家园留学论坛 (https://bbs.gter.net/) Powered by Discuz! X2