寄托币
注册时间
2004-11-25
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2004-11-30 13:22:46 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
48. The study of history places too much emphasis on individuals. The most significant events and trends in history were made possible not by the famous few, but by groups of people whose identities have long been forgotten.

摘要
1.        说明个人群体都重要
2.        论点一:群体易盲从,举大家认为地球为中心为例子
3.        论点二:个人较有创造力,举牛顿例子
4.        转折论点:很多事是群体才能完成
5.        结论

I both agree and disagree with the speaker's assertion since both the famous few and a large group of people are key factors to the historic success in a society. I am sure that the more people involve in a project, the better because many a little makes a mickle. However, we should aware that what we are seeing is only the tip of a very large iceberg and sometimes the individual opinion is the most original.

First, people are blind to follow others. As the Irish playwright put it (and I paraphrase), "Most people are other people, their thoughts are others opinion, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." The fact is that we would have less creativity when many people gathered. Let's take a look, for example, at the theory of what is the center of the universe. People were convinced that the answer is the earth since Aristotle has proposed the theory a long time ago. It is unbelievable that no one doubted the statement and confirmed it during such a long period until Galileo overthrew this point of view. I think that many people would be shocked about how blind a large group of people could be.

Second, the most original work always comes from an individual not groups. Copyright is one of the key words of our time. It means that the creative minds only belonged to human are protected. This shows that our society needs the originality coming from an individual or the few people and in this way people would like to contribute their special ideas different from others. When someone was hit by an apple, who would think of the mechanism of where the force comes from like Isaac Newton? Issac Newton brings us a whole new trend of viewing the world.

However, some engineering needs a number of people's efforts to do or it would be failed. Our infrastructure facilities, many of us believe, are constructed by a major of usual people, and we might still need to climb the mountain and swim through the river when these roads have not been finished by them. Convinced of the importance of cooperation, I think these things can't be achieved by the famous few even if all these projects still needs a minor of leaders to direct. I would give an example from the US. Amstron, the first person who could walk on the moon, attribute the great success to all the NASA faculties, all the American people, and even all the human nature. Indeed, the complexity and difficulty to climb the moon can't be subdued without the hard work by every member of NASA and the accumulated experience by competing with Russian.

To sum up, admittedly individuals will bring about the most particular thoughts which are benefit to our society. However, some significant events can only be accomplished by cooperation of groups of people. The famous few are a steering wheel of a car while groups of people are the power driving us forward.
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2004-2-24
精华
帖子

Capricorn摩羯座 荣誉版主

沙发
发表于 2004-12-1 11:23:25 |只看该作者
Life is full of drama.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2004-11-25
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2004-12-1 12:07:57 |只看该作者
OK~!
I'll reply as soon as possible~!  ^_^

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2004-6-14
精华
帖子
地板
发表于 2004-12-2 16:12:52 |只看该作者
感觉有点跑题了,题中说的是历史的研究强调太多的individuals,讨论的是到底significant events and trends 是由谁完成的,不是说谁更重要的问题

个人意见,继续讨论

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2004-11-26
精华
帖子
发表于 2004-12-2 22:00:32 |只看该作者
我倒是觉得这样写可以,因为它毕竟不是argument ,要针对文中的论点 issue只要是和他讨论的问题相关就可以了
感觉搂主层次很清晰,论点也很辩证
最好稍微注意一下语法,虽然说表达不是最重要的 但还是必要的吧 尤其是词性的问题 比如To sum up, admittedly individuals will bring about the most particular thoughts which are benefit to our society
这里benefit 是动词 就不用 are  或者改成benificial

呵呵 个人意见

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2004-11-25
精华
帖子
发表于 2004-12-3 08:12:33 |只看该作者
感谢foreverloves, 其实我写完也觉得”历史研究”这点没有涵盖到….应该是写历史研究应把significant events and trends归功于individuals or groups, 历史研究的部分应该要强调一下

也感谢brooding123
我会再看看范文, 看应该怎么写比较好…^_^

使用道具 举报

RE: Issue48 my first article [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发