寄托家园留学论坛

标题: 7.5 成都 PhD 1000pass 在读研究生2年级,退学 [打印本页]

作者: yanchuan123    时间: 2007-7-6 01:47:41     标题: 7.5 成都 PhD 1000pass 在读研究生2年级,退学

背景:G1270 T98 在读研究生2年级退学 EE

约的10:30,结果10点到了,发现排队的人N多。等到进去已经12:20了。今天来签证的F1很少,有几个团:川大联合办学的,还有好几个商务的,新东方夏令营的,探亲的等。
进去后要给中秘交表,我特意强调了一下自己的cv很重要,中秘问我什么专业的,我说EE,她就写了什么,我就走了。后来听说3号vo学EE的,所有EE的学生都是他签。
果然,被3号叫到了。

me: Nice to meet u,sir!
vo: left...right finger...
vo: what do u do in US?
me: To pursue my PhD degree in EE in XXX. I'll do reseach about the application of control theory to power system. Do you want to see my research plan?
vo: No.
vo: Can you explain your research area?
me: Yes, there is two big problems with Chinese power grid, one is unstable voltage, the other is high transportation cost. What I do is to solve this
problems.
vo: Can you tell me the exact percentage of the transportation cost in percentage? (我听成问unstable voltage了)
me: well, I forgot the exact number,maybe 2%.
vo: That's no bad.
me: No, you know our electrical device must work in stable voltage, even little disturbance will do harm to them.
vo: No,no,no, I am asking you about the transportation cost in percentage but you are trying to expain the other thing!(听到这里我开始紧张了)
me: Sorry, in the transpotation, the higher the voltage is, the lower the cost is. you must know the equation:I2R (被打断)
vo:Ok.
(沉静了一会,打电脑中)
vo: how many years will you study?
me: 4-5 years.
vo:When will you get your MS?
me: the next year!
vo: What!!!???(停止打字,看着我)
me: Because What I do now is not my interest, you know my major is control theory, but now what I do exactly is Digital Image Processing! The major in that
University matches me perfectly! seem more attractive to me! (他想说写什么,我没有给他机会,继续说) What's more, I've finished all my courses here and these
credits can be transfered there!
vo: what will you do after graduate?(又不看我了)
me: I will come back to China, and find a research position in a power research institution such as State Grid Corporation of China. I also get a recruitment
information about SGCC, do you want to see it?
vo: No.
vo: You will spend 4-5 years there, who will support you?
me: I got a full financial support which can cover my tuition and living expenses.
vo开始疯狂的打字,并拿起了章,我心想完了,结果他说了一大串,没听清除,就是听到什么4clock, 之后在I20上盖章,把白条给我了。

经验总结:
1)一定要有自信,表现之一就是声音大,我的声音,整个房间的人都听得很清楚!而且在问到我退学硬伤的时候也是理直气壮的给他说,声音比前面的还大。这样vo就不会纠缠了
,毕竟他们有一个学位是心理学:)
2)现在3号签的时候都会问专业上很具体的问题!所以一定要准备充分,解释清楚,让他知道你是真的去那里学东西的。

今天总体情况:
由于F1样本太少,所以导致今天的统计意义不大。我见到的2个本科F1一个过了一个据了,共4个MS,2个MS过了,2个MS据了那两个被据的MS都是毕业了,在外面一边学语言,一边
做兼职。,还有一个妹妹好像是Phd,也被3号据了。川大联合办学的全过,几个商务的大部分过。新东方夏令营的全过。探亲的老年人都过了,夫妻一起的也都过了。
作者: zhengliguang    时间: 2007-7-6 01:55:17

光支持你:handshake
呵呵,祝你一切顺利
作者: lovingmint    时间: 2007-7-6 08:44:14

恭喜恭喜!
就是哈,要理直气壮,看来我也要准备好专业知识了
作者: elvazhang1022    时间: 2007-7-6 08:49:26

cong!
作者: Avenir    时间: 2007-7-6 09:10:26

嗯,谢LZ:handshake ,俺也要准备专业知识了。。。。
作者: allan198376    时间: 2007-7-6 10:13:45