[activity] 适合好强的朋友学习方法: 一起 新概念四册背诵么? [复制链接]

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-4-17
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-4-19 15:55:24 |只看该作者
why, you may wander should spider be our friend.Because they desract so many insects and some of them are harmful for our human beings.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-12-1
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-4-19 23:41:48 |只看该作者
Royal spionage
Alfred the great acted as his own spy, visiting the Danish camp disguised as a minstrel. At those days wondering minstrels were welcome everywhere. They were not fighting men, and their harps were their passports. Alfred had learned a lot of their ballads in his youth., and could vary his programme with acrobatic tricks and simple conjuring.

While Alfred’s little army slowly began to gather at Athelney, the king himself set out to penetrate the camp of the Guthrum, the command of he Danish invaders. These had settle down for the winter at Chinppenhem: thither Alfred went. He noticed at once that discipline was slack: the Danes was self-confidence of the conquerors, and their security precaution was causal. They lived well, on the proceeds f raids on the neighboring regions. There they collected women as well as food and drink, and a life of ease made them soft.

Alfred stayed in the camp a week before he returned in Athelney. The force there assembled was trivial compared with the Danish horde. But Alfred had deduced that the Danes was no longer fit for prolonged battle: and that their commissariat had no organization but depended on the irregular raids.

So, faced with the Danish advance, Alfred did not risk open battle but harried the enemies. He was constantly on the move, drawing the Dane after him. His patrols halted the raiding parties: hunger assailed the Danish army. Now Alfred had a long series of skirmishes--- and within a month the Dane had surrendered. The episode could reasonably sever as a epic of royal espionage.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-12-1
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-4-19 23:49:29 |只看该作者
终于抢在12之前背下来了 其中默写的时候看了3,4次书  还成知足了 等到周日了再好好复习几遍
:handshake 紫竹林也要好好加油哦 慢点背没关系的 每天都坚持就好
病了的话一定要注意休息:o 多喝水 吃些西瓜败火很管用呢  
晚安:loveliness:

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-5-2
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-4-21 21:25:11 |只看该作者
多谢laka了,呵呵
其实也是顺便偷偷懒啊
继续背课文

10 Silicon Valley
Technology trends may push Silicon Valley back to the future. Caver Mead, a pioneer in integrated circuits and a professor at the California Institute of Technology, notes that there are workstations that enable engineers to design, test, and produce chips right on their desks, much the way an editor creates a newsletter on the Macintosh. As the time and cost of making a chip drop to a few days and a few hundred dollars, engineers may be free to let their imagination soar without being penalized with the expensive failure. Mead predicts the inventors will perfect their products over a weekend at the office. "We have got more garages with smart people," Mead said, "We really thrive on anarchy".

And on Asian. Asian Americans constitue the majority of the engineering staffs in many valley firms. Chinese, Korean, Philipino and Indian engineers graduate in droves from colleges. As the heads of next-generation start-ups, they can draw on customs and languages in the Pacific market. Alex Au, a Standford Ph.D from HongKong, created Taiwan factory to chanllenge the Japan's near lock in memory market. An Indian engineer reopened an AT&T chip plant in Kansas last spring with the funding of the state of Missouri. Before it becomes a retire village, Silicon Valley will prove a classroom for building international business.
记不住了,真的挺长的,文章也越来越难理解了
坚持一下

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-5-2
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-4-22 22:48:40 |只看该作者
第11课 How to grow old
Russell写的,文字优美,就是不容易记下来

Some old people are oppressed by the fear of death. In the young there is a justification for this feeling. Young men who have reason to fear that they will be killed in battle may justifiably feel bitter in the thought that they have been cheated of the best things that life has to offer. But in an old man who has known human joys and sorrows, and has achieved whatever work it was in him to do, the fear of death is somewhat abject and ignoble. The best way to overcome it--so at least seems to me-- is to make your interests gradually wider and more impersonal, until bit by bit the walls of the ego recede, and your life becomes increasingly merged in the universal life. An individual human existence should be like a river-- small at first, narrowly contained within its banks, and rushing passionately past boulders and over waterfalls. Gradually the river grows wider, the banks recede, the waters flow more quietly, and in the end, without any visible break, they become merged in the sea, and painlessly lose their individual being. The man who, in old age, can see his life in this way, will not suffer from the fear of death, since the things he cares for will continue. And if, with the decay of vitality, weariness increases, the thought of rest will not be unwelcome. I should wish to die while still at work, knowing that others will carry on what I can no longer do, and content in the thought that what was possible has been done.

没背下来,是抄上去的,我承认错误了
打算明天开始改背诵新概念3,欣赏新概念4了,
不算是放弃吧

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-5-2
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-4-22 22:50:00 |只看该作者
还有一篇比较经典的,欣赏一下吧

What I have Lived For
Bertrand Russell

Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong, have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind. These passions, like great winds, have blown me hither and thither, in a wayward course, over a deep ocean of anguish, reaching to the verge of despair.

I have sought love, first, because it brings ecstasy --ecstasy so great that I would often have sacrificed all the rest of life for a few hours of this joy. I have sought it, next, because it relieves loneliness -- that terrible loneliness in which one shivering consciousness looks over the rim of the world into the cold unfathomable lifeless abyss. I have sought it, finally, because in the union of love I have seen, in a mystic miniature, the prefiguring vision of the heaven that saints and poets have imagined. This is what I sought, and though it might seem too good for human life, this is what --at last -- I have found.

With equal passion I have sought knowledge. I have wished to understand the hearts of men. I have wished to know why the stars shine. And I have tried to apprehend the Pythagorean power by which number holds sway above the flux. A little of this, but not much, I have achieved.

Love and knowledge, so far as they were possible, led upward toward the heavens. But always pity brought me back to earth. Echoes of cries of pain reverberate in my heart. Children in famine, victims tortured by oppressors, helpless old people a hated burden to their sons, and the whole world of loneliness,poverty, and pain make a mockery of what human life should be.I long to alleviate the evil, but I can't , and I too suffer.

This has been my life. I have found it worth living, and would gladly live itagain if the chance were offered me.

[ 本帖最后由 紫竹林 于 2007-4-22 23:01 编辑 ]

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-12-13
精华
帖子

Golden Apple

发表于 2007-4-23 10:56:15 |只看该作者
本来是一直水的,水到这个帖子,我停下来了。

加油诸位;d:
In a recent survey it was discovered the 94% of Japanese women lost their virginity to NETEM. The other 6% were incredibly fat or ugly.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-3-18
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-4-23 21:42:16 |只看该作者
我要报名,可是n年前就下过决心,but,然而,neverthless,可是。。。55555
感觉想MM下定决心的减肥贴是的,大家互相监督吧,反正能背一篇是一篇啊 :loveliness:

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-5-2
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-4-23 22:39:13 |只看该作者
新概念4的第11课,没有背下来,也不打算背了,不过可以paraphrase一下
When you open a current account, you may create a relationship, debtor and creditor, between you and the bank. But who is debtor or creditor depends on the account is in credit or overdrawn. There are many obligations between the customer and the bank, the relationship of which is much more complex than that of buyer and producer. One can't say that law is in favor of this one rather than the other. It is legal that you can withdraw your deposit by cash or a check in favor of another person. Sometimes when you open an accountant, you can inform the bank only in the checks with your own signature, and a specimen of your signature is necessary. It is the obligation of the bank to protect your possession and not give money to a forged check. If this is done, the bank, not the customer, should be in charge of its fault.

一会再看一下有没有错误

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-12-1
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-4-25 22:34:51 |只看该作者
我回来了 辗转好久回到这里 前些天除病了之外 就是在忙演讲比赛的事 好在今天都尘埃落定了 不着急的等结果吧
课文还是要继续背的 等周六期中考完了吧:o  不是我在找借口哦 gpa很重要

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-12-1
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-4-25 22:37:56 |只看该作者
Good afternoon teachers:

Today my topic is ‘Beijing 2008 people’s Olympics’.  

Once while talking about the Olympics the core words first turn to our mind are: sport, athletics, competition and gold medals. However, the Games of the 29th Olympiad to be hosted by Beijing will be not only a sport game but also a gala gathering featuring a culture-oriented massive sport event.

To get a full appreciation of what ‘people’s Olympic’ means we must turn fist to the emblem and mascots. As far as we know, the main part of the official emblem, a red dancing figure, resembles the Chinese character "Jing", its free-style strokes symbolizing the energetic and open city of Beijing. The mascots of the Games are five lovely friendlies which consisting "Welcome to Beijing." These five close partners stand for fish, the giant panda, Tibetan antelope, swallow and Olympic Flame, which have been warmly welcomed both in China and abroad.

In the preparatory work for the 2008 Olympic Games, Beijing organizers have attached great importance to spreading the spirit of the movement to the youth of the world's most populous country. To date, China has named a total of 556 elementary and secondary schools across the country as "Olympic Education Model Schools" to promote Olympic education among its 400 million youngsters.

In folk, more than 100 works by renowned contemporary Chinese artists portrayed the charm and look of the Great Wall's various sections in different seasons. And, in another instance, 999 couples participated in the Couples' Marathon Competition held on Island Ring Road on last month.

As the first line of "The Analects" tells us, "How very glad we are to welcome friends from afar."  There is no doubt that the Olympic games in Beijing will be a bridge of harmony between countries and cultures.

演讲的稿子

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-5-2
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-4-26 10:06:56 |只看该作者
看到laka还在坚持着,鼓励一下了
当然gpa还是很重要的,加油

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-12-1
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-4-28 21:28:41 |只看该作者
今考完期中英语了  四级水平吧 感觉还成 听力还是折在最后一题写句子上了 明天开始继续背NCE4 ;)

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-5-2
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-4-28 23:38:43 |只看该作者
laka加油吧
等我五一回来还会继续看新概念4的,只是不背了
对我来说,那个课文还是欣赏吧
加油

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-12-1
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-4-29 22:21:28 |只看该作者
Silicon valley
Technology trends may push Silicon Valley back to the future. Carver Mead, a pioneer in integrated in integrated circuits and a professor of computer science at the California Institute of Technology, notes there are now work-stations that enable engineers to design, test and produce chips right on their desks, much the way an editor creates a newsletter on a Macintosh. As the time and cost of making a chip drop to a few days and a few hundred dollars, engineers may soon be free to let their imaginations soar without being penalized by expensive failures. Mead predicts that inventors will be able to perfect powerful customized chips over a weekend at the office--- spawning a new generation of garage star-ups and giving the US a jump on its foreign rivals in getting new product to market fast. ‘We’ve got more garages with smart people,’ Mead observes. ‘We really thrive on anarchy.’  

只背了一段 明天继续    好久没背记性差了

使用道具 举报

RE: 适合好强的朋友学习方法: 一起 新概念四册背诵么? [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子