寄托币
注册时间
2006-1-30
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2007-8-10 15:59:32 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
TOPIC: ISSUE48 - "The study of history places too much emphasis on individuals. The most significant events and trends in history were made possible not by the famous few, but by groups of people whose identities have long been forgotten."
WORDS: 402          TIME: 00:45:00          DATE: 2007/8/10 10:40:58

The speaker maintains that the study of history places lots of emphasis on individuals and care less about the groups of people. I tend to agree that many  significant events and trends in history were made by people. Nevertheless, we should not ignored the important individuals' effect in history.

To begin with, It is not dubious that the great event in history were the effect of people's diligent and power. In one hand, lots of the buildings and wonders were made by people not any individual. The Great Wall in china; the pyramids of Egypt; the Colosseum in Roma and so on, such great even amazing buildings were made by people but not any individual. In another hand, the society's change and revolutions’ essential power are people. Without people the hero would not birthed. We cannot image that, a single individual can invert the reverses of the war.

Furthermore, human's civilization is a process that it is a depositing of human’s knowledge and experience. An individual without studying and accumulating the wisdom form forefathers and people cannot accomplish the success. As the head of my university once said (and I paraphrase): Newton ever said, if I have seen further, it is by standing upon the shoulder of giants. What is more, Marx is also a good example, just because his studying of Hegel he can wrote the great article----the Das Kapital . So it is safe to conclude that the famous people's achievements are relate to the groups of people and their forefathers.

However, it should be admitted that individual have the ability to catalyze the trend of history though they cannot invert the trend. During the world war two Nazi brought catastrophe to all human beings, it is Hitler who have the daemonic and crazy personality up speed Nazi's ambitious and power. however, even Hitler have not appeared, no one can devastate Nazi's ambitious. Also, an hero can accelerate the trend of history and bring happiness' fruit to human. Take an instance, Martin Lord King can accomplish such a great success in getting rights for African American not only for his personal effect but also he foresee the history's trend clearly. So we cannot denied the affection of individual in history

In sum, people's effect in the history is the essential power in another words it is people write the history. Nevertheless, individuals can catalyze the trend's speed of history.
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-6-11
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2007-8-12 10:05:18 |只看该作者
TOPIC: ISSUE48 - "The study of history places too much emphasis on individuals. The most significant events and trends in history were made possible not by the famous few, but by groups of people whose identities have long been forgotten."
WORDS: 402          TIME: 00:45:00          DATE: 2007/8/10 10:40:58

The speaker maintains that the study of history places lots of emphasis on individuals and care less about the groups of people. I tend to agree that many  significant events and trends in history were made by people. Nevertheless, we should not ignored the important individuals' effect in history.

To begin with, It is not dubious that the great event in history were the effect of people's diligent and power. In one hand, lots of the buildings and wonders were made by people not any individual. The Great Wall in china(China); the pyramids of Egypt; the Colosseum in Roma and so on, such great even amazing buildings were made by people but not any individual. In another hand, the society's change and revolutions’ essential power are people. Without people the hero would not birthed. We cannot image that, a single individual can invert the reverses of the war.

Furthermore, human's civilization is a process that it is a depositing of human’s knowledge and experience. An individual without studying and accumulating the wisdom form forefathers and people cannot accomplish the success. As the head of my university once said (and I paraphrase): Newton ever said, if I have seen further, it is by standing upon the shoulder of giants. (这个例子不好啊,Newton借鉴的那些人一样是少数的科学牛人啊)What is more, Marx is also a good example, just because his studying of Hegel he can wrote the great article----the Das Kapital . So it is safe to conclude that the famous people's achievements are relate to the groups of people and their forefathers.

However, it should be admitted that individual have the ability to catalyze the trend of history though they cannot invert the trend. During the world war two Nazi brought catastrophe to all human beings, it is Hitler who have the daemonic and crazy personality up speed Nazi's ambitious and power. however, even Hitler have not appeared, no one can devastate Nazi's ambitious.? Also, an hero can accelerate the trend of history and bring happiness' fruit to human. Take an instance, Martin Lord King can accomplish such a great success in getting rights for African American not only for his personal effect but also he foresee the history's trend clearly. So we cannot denied (deny)the affection of individual in history

In sum, people's effect in the history is the essential power in another words it is people write the history. Nevertheless, individuals can catalyze the trend's speed of history.

使用道具 举报

RE: issue48 房子颜色 收砖啊 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子
issue48 房子颜色 收砖啊