2005-7-13
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2005-8-10 18:53:55 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
Issue50  让砖头来得更猛烈些吧!
第一次限时失败了
而且充分感到语言的贫乏,说来说去还是那几个词,大家来看看我的表达措辞语法上有什么问题没?
还有我感觉自己的立场表述的不是特别清楚?各位猛拍啊
不说了,我先去拍别人了
------摘要------
共用时间:71分14秒     537 words
------题目------
In order to improve the quality of instruction at the college and university level, all faculty should be required to spend time working outside the academic world in professions relevant to the courses they teach.
------正文------
15:31
College and university education serves as a very important role for the students before they enter the society, therefore it is necessary for many faculty to spend time in professions relevant to their major, which might help them a lot in instructing the students preparing for potential work. Yet, this suggestion is not efficient for every professor, we need to discuss it case by case.

To begin with, in many areas such as clinical medicine, it is extremely necessary for the professors to participate in surgeries. In other words, without working experience in the hospitals, it is almost impossible for a therapeutist to lecture in a med-school. Just image, isn't it absurd to watch a professor teaching cerebrotomy while he has never done any surgery before? Thus, in these kinds of areas, outside work is not only necessary but also required.

While in many other academic fields which related to the real world a lot such as engineering and economics, some work experience might be helpful while they teach certain theories in the classrooms. Take economists as an example: they are the people who try to discover the relationship and underlying rules in the financial world. They may always find it not easy to explain such obscured theories and math equations to the students. And it is even harder for them to instruct the students how to apply these theories to everyday life. At this moment, one vivid case they have actually participated in would help a lot.

Furthermore, since university faculties are not only necessary for teaching the students professional skills but also preparing them for potential works, experience in relevant fields will help them to solve the students' misery about future job. As for myself, I was always wondering what qualities are needed for future work in Biochemistry besides knowledge in the textbooks. Do I need to be a genius in lab work? Do I need to be an enthusiastic man who could stay up all night in the lab? What if I can't handle those tubes and flasks? When I turned these doubts to my mentor, he (16:16) introduced his experience in researching kindly and even took me to his laboratory for more details. From that time on, Biochemistry research began to make sense to me.

However, I am not arguing that all the faculties should spend time in real-word work, as it is impossible or unnecessary in many fields. To illustrate this point, one need look no further than Mr. Stephen Hawking, one of the most famous cosmologists, who analysis the universe such as black holes in his brain cells. It is impossible to join any relevant professions at this moment since no one could make a black hole for him in the lab. Those people who share the same miseries with Hawking are theoretical mathematicians, philosophers and etc. However, though they could not engage in real-world workshop, they could join seminars---a place for them to exchange ideas and make progress.

To sum up, I strongly agree that faculty of those areas which can apply to the real world well should participate in outside work other than the academic world. This will not only benefit themselves but also their students.
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2004-8-2
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2005-8-10 21:00:08 |只看该作者

to

呵呵,先占位子,等会来改.呵呵

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-7-13
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2005-8-10 21:25:30 |只看该作者
最初的梦想呵
范玮琪真是美女啊
还是从哈佛出来的美女......

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2004-9-24
精华
帖子
地板
发表于 2005-8-10 22:22:54 |只看该作者
谢谢你帮我改了,我还没写过教育类,如果楼上没空我就来学习学习吧!
They are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-4-9
精华
帖子
发表于 2005-8-10 23:41:00 |只看该作者
有人帮你看了 偶就顶下哈

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-6-11
精华
帖子
发表于 2005-8-11 00:52:18 |只看该作者
今天本来准备来拍的,可是我觉得定位很有问题,所以今天拍不了了,要明天再细看,好好讨论下.
I'm a survivor
I'm not gon give up
I'm not gon stop
I'm gon work harder

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-7-13
精华
帖子
发表于 2005-8-11 13:13:35 |只看该作者