注册时间
2005-12-8
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2008-1-21 13:27:39 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 gdhdanny 于 2008-1-21 09:41 发表
看看美国有什么学校的本科生可以交流去牛津剑桥,英国那两个学校的学生在美国什么学校的offer下会选择到美国来就知道了。

不用说UC的学校(包括berkeley),princeton跟那两个学校也完全不在一个档次上(连法 ...

No MTI? And princeton is so bad in your heart?

Please, we are not comparing the scale.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-12-8
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2008-1-21 20:46:40 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 gdhdanny 于 2008-1-21 16:58 发表

ok dude, now that you brought it up and I'm in a good mood to waste time discussing such a pointless issue, let me tell you what MIT (if that's what you were referring to) and Princeton are r ...

Would you mind to tell me your current program? Frankly speaking, I don't think you didn't put this topic in a broad context, and also didn't get a full view. I am sorry I can not agree with your idea. Plus, don't try to tell me "what MIT and Princeton are really like." This is your own personal opinion, right? It is "what MIT and Princeton are really like in your heart".

You are talking world leaders, whose belief and behavior have such dramatic influences that contribute not only to their individual community but also the overall history of human beings, well, talking about the overall influence, I don't think MIT or Princeton contributes less than your so-called "elite schools". Yes, when it comes to "SOCIETY", these universities you mentioned above have great honor, or influence to the society, but for human beings, especially for "the history of human beings", I do believe that "influence to society" is not the sole, or even the most important standard that leads one university to be so called elite schools. Yes, Science and Engineering, which are relative certain fields, don't pay much attention to the management of SOCIETY, but rather to the whole human beings, the development of our society, as well as our daily life.

I am not trying to argue with you here, for you actually didn't give any lucid standard of "elite", how many nobels?  political men? or just fame? I just wanna say, don't let past honor narrow your sight. These two "elite schools" were on the wane after their period of prosperity, no matter due to economy, development of technology, or some factors else.

BTW, Sorry for the god damn compatibility of Chinese input method under Linux, if you can type Chinese, don't write your opinion totally in English, thanks.

使用道具 举报

RE: 请问英国的牛津剑桥相当于美国的多少名? [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子
请问英国的牛津剑桥相当于美国的多少名?