寄托币
注册时间
2005-2-20
精华
帖子
楼主
发表于 2005-3-21 20:11:21 |只看该作者

issue153 jj题 必回拍

153"Students should bring a certain skepticism to whatever they study. They should question what they are taught instead of accepting it passively."

In modern society, how to improve education efficiency and quality burgeons as a heated topic which determines the whole human being's future and fate. And the speaker  claims that skepticism is important for students during their learning process. From the standpoint of being a student myself, I strongly agree with this point of view.

Firstly, with a glance at the past, we may find that the history of science's progress turns out to be spiral,  calling for skepticism and denying to act as impetus to propel the advancement of science and technology. Nature is so mysterious that we human being keep always catering to the exploration of natural essence and principle. This is a continual process, which is overwhelmed and rebuilt time and time again. Being skeptical and challenging primitive knowledge is the essential dynamic force to prompt and accelerate the overwhelming and reconstructing process. For example, only when Gopernicus felt doubted about the accuracy of Geocentric theory, could he eventually propose the great theory---heliocentric system; only when Bohr did not simply believe in Einstein’s opinion about the essence of light, can he ultimately point out the more plausible explanation----wave and particle are the two coexisting features of light. Therefore, in order to cater to truth, it is necessary for students to cultivate skeptical spirits when in school.

Secondly, the utmost purpose of education is to shape students' critical thinking, help them form their own value system, life outlook and world ideology, not to simply impart known knowledge to cram their brains. Then how to improve their critical thinking, the critical point lies in to stimulate them to question firstly, instead of accepting what they are taught passively. During the questioning process, the students can think themselves, discover problems themselves as well as solve problems themselves. When I did one chemical experiment in my senior grade, at first I always failed although I exactly followed the  protocol by my teacher. Then, I stopped doing again, sat down and began to think, "Is the experiment protocol accurate indeed?". Then I inspected the whole process carefully and eventually found out the problems. From this experience, I learn the importance of skepticism.

Last but not least, that to question what they are taught actively can improve the quality and efficiency of learning. Some students just recite the knowledge or formulates before examination in order to pass. They will find disappointedly that  after examination, there is nothing remained in their brain. Recently ,in China, the switch from exam-education to quality-education receives much attention and approvement. Hence, to better master a specific subject, thorough analysis and a certain skepticism can benefit the students to deepen their understanding and strengthen their learning.

To sum up, whether for short-term benefits or for long-term aims, skeptical spirits are necessary for students. With respect to the former, skepticism can prompt the efficiency and quality of students’ learning process. And with respect to the latter, doubt could cultivate youngsters’ critical thinking and contribute to the progress of science eventually.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-1-22
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2005-3-21 22:24:38 |只看该作者
In modern society, how to improve education efficiency and quality burgeons as a heated topic which determines the whole human being's future and fate. And the speaker claims that skepticism is important for students during their learning process. From the standpoint of being a student myself, I strongly agree with this point of view.

Firstly, with a glance at the past, we may find that the history of science's progress turns out to be spiral, calling for skepticism and denying to act as impetus to propel the advancement of science and technology. Nature is so mysterious that we human being keep always catering to the exploration of natural essence and principle. This is a continual process, which is overwhelmed and rebuilt time and time again. Being skeptical and challenging primitive knowledge is the essential dynamic force to prompt and accelerate the overwhelming and reconstructing process. For example, only when Gopernicus felt doubted about the accuracy of Geocentric theory, could he eventually propose the great theory---heliocentric system; only when Bohr did not simply believe in Einstein’s opinion about the essence of light, can he ultimately point out the more plausible explanation----wave and particle are the two coexisting features of light. Therefore, in order to cater to truth, it is necessary for students to cultivate skeptical spirits when in school.

Secondly, the utmost purpose of education is to shape students' critical thinking, help them form their own value system, life outlook and world ideology, not to simply impart known knowledge to cram their brains.TC 换种表达会更好,直接说skepticism 有利于critical thinking的培养]. Then how to improve their critical thinking, the critical point lies in to stimulate them to question firstly, instead of accepting what they are taught passively. During the questioning process, the students can think themselves, discover problems themselves as well as solve problems themselves. When I did one chemical experiment in my senior grade, at first I always failed although I exactly followed the protocol by my teacher. Then, I stopped doing again, sat down and began to think, "Is the experiment protocol accurate indeed?". Then I inspected the whole process carefully and eventually found out the problems. From this experience, I learn the importance of skepticism。改成without skepticism, 我就解决不了问题 会更有力的论证你的观点.

Last but not least, that to question what they are taught actively can improve the quality and efficiency of learning. Some students just recite the knowledge or formulates before examination in order to pass. They will find disappointedly that after examination, there is nothing remained in their brain. Recently ,in China, the switch from exam-education to quality-education receives much attention and approvement.这个例子应该要说明它正好论证了你的观点,可以这样写:这个转变正好说明了没有skepticism 是满足不了教育的要求的. Hence, to better master a specific subject, thorough analysis and a certain skepticism can benefit the students to deepen their understanding and strengthen their learning.

To sum up, whether for short-term benefits or for long-term aims, skeptical spirits are necessary for students. With respect to the former, skepticism can prompt the efficiency and quality of students’ learning process. And with respect to the latter, doubt could cultivate youngsters’ critical thinking and contribute to the progress of science eventually.
Be passionate

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-1-22
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2005-3-21 22:29:54 |只看该作者
写得真好,稍微改改上个5分以上是没问题的
我上面的提议都是要求紧扣中心论点而做出的提议