很多F1 F2携签都过了,也有很多老奶奶老爷爷探亲也都过了 商务的也都没问题 形势大好 大家都笑逐言开的
还看到一个小学的老师领着20多个小朋友签,特别可爱,VO都忍不住要笑 呵呵搞的大厅里气氛也很放松
刚按完手印 还没排两分钟,就被叫去了 因为感觉每队效率都特别高
是白人美眉 挺年轻,带个眼睛,觉得挺漂亮呵呵 但是不爱笑

我前面那个是个姐姐,探亲,老公在那边,问了她N多问题
当时在后面立马紧张了,心想着不好对付

轮到了我
ME: GOOD MORNING!
VO:没说话,问了一句 IS THIS THE FIRST TIME YOU GO TO USA?
这句话她问了三遍,她语速特别快,而且当时不知道是话筒还是她声音小我根本听不清
PARDON了两遍,心想着这下完了,她肯定印象不好了
ME: I AM SORRY I CAN NOT HEAR YOU CLEARLY!(一定要勇敢的说,不能乱答)
VO:估计无奈了,改用中文。。。。你是第一次去美国么?
ME:连忙点头,YEAH, IT IS MY FIRST TIME TO GO TO USA。
VO:WHICH SCHOOL ARE YOU GOING TO?
ME: I AM GOING TO GEORGIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY TO PURSUE MY MASTER DEGREE。
VO:WHICH SCHOOL ARE YOU STUDYING NOW AND WHEN WILL YOU GRADUAGTE?
ME:I AM NOW STUDYING IN ****,AND I WILL GRADUATE****
VO:WHAT DEGREE DO YOU HAVE NOW?忘了怎么问的了,因为没听清,以为她是问专业
ME:I AM NOW MAJORING IN 。。。。
VO: I ASKED WHETHER YOU ARE A BS OR A MS NOW。
ME:OH, I WILL GRADUATE AS A BACHELOR。 不看我,翻我的I20表
VO: WHO WILL SUPPORT YOUR STUDY?
ME:MY PARENTS WILL SUPPORT MY STUDY,THEY ALL HAVE DECENT SALARIES。
VO:CAN I SEE YOUR STUDENT‘S IDENTITY CARD AND YOUR FINANCIAL DOCUMENTS?
ME:OF COURSE,开始手忙脚乱的翻
VO:WHAT ARE YOUR PARENTS DO?
ME:开始BLBLBL。。。。把我准备的告诉她
VO:然后撕条把材料一起还给我
ME:THANK YOU。 HAVE A NICE DAY。
她始终面无表情,现在才看了我一眼
很开心,因为当时觉得她肯定会详细问我的资金情况,结果她狂翻我的材料 我都不知道她看懂没有

几点建议:1)大家一定要准备充分,不要一味的追求早签,其实如果我8号签准备不好反而会不如现在,自己准备足了说话也有底气
2)有的人建议说回答问题尽量多答,可我觉得还是一针见血的回答好,不要拐弯抹角的非要透露别的信息,她没有问代表她还没有怀疑

其实我本身有很多很不利的因素,所以签证前一直并不是那么有底气,虽然很多人告诉我形势很好
我是自费MASTER, 而且我是转专业,还刻意准备了这个问题,在这里也感谢ZHANGXIAOFFF的金融硕士签证问题,很详细,很有用
而且我的资金并不够,我一年半的PROGRAM,我准备的钱只够了一年的,而且是一笔存入,所以历史记录都没有
觉得这是硬伤,想了N多理由来解释我的资金问题
我还有个弟弟,在填DS158时想了半天要不要把我弟写上,可最后觉得还是HONEST比较重要,而且万一被CHECK,后果。。。。

呵呵,写这么多只是想告诉大家不要紧张,觉得大家条件应该都比我好,我都过了大家肯定没问题
可能很多人跟我一样也是第一次飞,第一次签,神秘之余紧张是必然的
不过结果证明形势还是很好的,要有信心噢
我身边N多朋友,没有听到一个被拒的
明天还有个朋友要签,在这儿借大家福气BLESS他1000顺利。。。。。

[ 本帖最后由 sheisfree 于 2007-6-21 20:54 编辑 ]
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-5-11
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2007-6-21 20:45:39 |只看该作者
恭喜LZ! 有机会做你学弟!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-7-20
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2007-6-21 20:51:51 |只看该作者
搞了半天不知道怎么上传呵呵,只有用复制粘贴了 晕,大家别嫌眼花缭乱哦
我的25问,分好类的,QCF 金融数学

1        What will you study in the United States?  
2        What will you do in USA?  
3        Are you going to study in USA?
4        What do you want to study in USA?  (介绍QCF的优势)

I am going to pursue a master degree in Quantitative and Computational Finance, which is also, can be called Financial Engineering. This is a new but booming subject, which applies the advanced quantitative techniques and computer technology into traditional study of finance. Mathematics, as a tool with its exactness has changed finance from a discipline of qualitative analysis to a subject of quantitative analysis, and also makes possible the prosperity of handful of financial innovations such as derivatives, whose pricing mechanism and contemporary portfolio management require a discipline like mathematics to back up. This perfect combination makes use of both logical analysis of liberal arts and the precise calculation of science and will definitely lead finance into its new era. Thus this subject now is highly valued in the financial field. You can see it from the documents that I prepared here.

5        Why do you want to study in USA?  (选择USA的原因)
I believe that everyone who majors in finance dreams to go to USA to pursue higher education. USA have a highly developed financial industry far far beyond China. It is the mother country of finance. So USA Universities’ Finance programs are of course the most in line with the modern financial trends and practices. You definitely have a more favorable environment to study finance and more prestigious professors in this subject. Thus I think it would be more helpful to my future career for me to study in US rather in China.

6        Why do you choose this Univ.?  How do you know this Univ.?  (选择GT原因)

Gatech is one in the minority that has the degree in Financial Engineering and also its program fits me well.  It teaches the tool of quantitative and computational techniques while not losing the core of this subject---finance. Not like other schools, Gatech has got a wonderful balance between the two. I know this university from the internet. To speak frankly, I have checked most of the top universities which have this degree and Gatech is one of those which are appropriate for me.
Other programs are too much focus on liberal arts. Nowadays’ finance can not get survive without the quantitative methods and those other program teaches so little on these tools. Also, Gatech is the one has the most famous professors and the best facilities. Thus, it is right for me to choose Gatech.

7        What is your major? In what aspect will you study?  Why do you like your major
   (为什么喜欢这个专业)
My major in USA will be Quantitative and Computational finance; also can be called Financial Engineering. It is a new but booming subject, which applies the advanced quantitative techniques and computer technology into traditional study of finance. I am planning to specialize in Investments and Portfolio management. It is a 16 moths program so I can seek very in-depth study. I fell in love with finance about two years ago and at that time I wanted to switch my major into finance, but you know in china, we do not have a very flexible system as you have. Finance is an area defined by precise rules, principles, axioms, and yet there is tremendous scope for self-expression in the form of interpretation and analysis. I am a person who has always desired a career that requires innovation, foresight and deep thinking. I cherish the ability of analysis. In my opinion, thinking is the most precious gift the god has granted to the human being, and finance has taken advantage of this gift to the utmost.(喜欢)

8        What/where are you studying now?  
9        What is your academic background?  
10        Why do you change your major?  (现在的背景,为什么转专业)

I am now majoring in Information Management and Information System. So I have studied lots of courses in computer science and programming. It will help me a lot with my master study in QCF. As my changing major, I want to list three reasons here. First of all, I am more interested in Finance rather than information science.(首先我喜欢)Finance is an area defined by precise rules, principles, axioms, and yet there is tremendous scope for self-expression in the form of interpretation and analysis. I am a person who has always desired a career that requires innovation, foresight and deep thinking. I cherish the ability of analysis. In my opinion, thinking is the most precious gift the god has granted to the human being, and finance has taken advantage of this gift to the utmost. I always think that Finance is a subject that you learn with your heart, but information science is a discipline that you learn using your brain. I am more caring about the heart thing. You know. Secondly, I think I can do better at finance area since it requires more analytical skills in which I am an expert.(其次我擅长)I have studied lots of courses in finance on my own, such as the financial engineering, investment and time series, which lay a solid background for my future study. Thirdly(大的发展形势), As you know, Finance as a service industry, is on the top of the entire industry chain, and China now is under through the rapid development of the third industry, the service industry. Finance has very great prospects in China. With an increase in Chinese investors’ investment power and international companies who seek to enter the more dynamic Chinese marketplace, there emerges a great need for people with a solid foundation of financial knowledge of the global picture, a mastery of foreign languages and a good ability in cross-cultural communication. After a thorough consideration, I think I will have a brighter future if I change my major to finance.

11        How long will you study in USA?  
12        What is your plan? What will you do after graduation?  
13        Give me three reasons that you will come back to China? (归国计划)

I am going to study in USA for 16 months to pursue my master degree in Quantitative and Computational Finance. After my study, I will come back to China. As you know, Finance as a service industry, is on the top of the entire industry chain, and China now is under through the rapid development of the third industry, the service industry. Thus finance has very great prospects in China. With an increase in Chinese investors’ investment power and international companies who seek to enter the more dynamic Chinese marketplace, there emerges a great need for people with a solid foundation of financial knowledge of the global picture, a mastery of foreign languages and a good ability in cross-cultural communication. Also, the internship experience in one of the biggest four commercial banks showed me a vivid picture of some unsound practice in the financial system of my country. Your advanced finance industry sets a model for the rest of the world and I would like to be the missionary to transplant such wisdom into this great eastern land. So coming back to China can not only get me easily start my career from a higher level but also contributes to the development of our financial industry. I always think that China deserves a Wall Street, too. But in USA, you have already undergone that developing period and there are too many financial experts. Thus it would be difficult if I stayed there to start my career.

14        Have you any scholarship?  
15        Who will support your study?(资金问题)

No, it is difficult for a business master to get financial aid from USA universities, especially the good ones.  But I think money is not a problem. My parents will support me with my graduate study. They have decent salary. My father is the***** And my mother is *** And also, we have made investment in some company. We are the co-founder of ****** from which we can get 20-30% net profit every year. We also made investment in real estate. The real estate **** is a big investment. We bought it on ****RMB years ago and now it can be sold on near **** RMB. We are waiting for its further revalue. Here are the supporting documents.

16        What's the difference between your major now and the major in USA?(区别)
I am now majoring in Information Management and Information System.  I have studied lots of courses in computer science and programming. I am going to study Quantitative and Computational Finance in USA, which applies the advanced quantitative techniques and computer technology into traditional study of finance. Although they are different areas, one is information and one is finance, they have a lot in common; it will not be hard for me to finish the master study in USA.

17        What is your purpose for the visa?  
     I am applying to F1 visa to pursue my master degree in Quantitative and Computational Finance in Georgia Institute of Technology.

18        Why do not you want to pursue a doctor's degree?  
     Since I think the knowledge of a master degree is enough for me. I want to do some practical work rather than immersing myself into further research work. Thus I think a master degree is more appropriate for me.

19        When/where did you get your BS/MS?   
     I will get my Bachelor degree from the *****days after in the end of this month.

20        What is the difficult class do you have?  
The difficult class?  To speak frankly, I do not think we undergraduate have very difficult courses. If I have to choose one, I choose the physical class. I hate running, especially we are programmed to run 800 meters within 4 minutes. My god. It bothers me so much.

21        Why not find a job directly?(为什么不直接工作?)
     I am now majoring in Information Management and Information System. And I do not think I am eligible to hunt a decent job in financial industry. I recognized the educational gap I would need to fill in order to enter a career that matches my interest. In order to successfully cope with the challenges I will meet in my future career such as a financial analyst in the finance corporation, I do feel now is a good time for me to pursue a graduate study abroad to refresh and enrich myself before moving on to the next stage of my life.

22        How many universities do you apply?(申请了多少学校)
     I applied to 6 universities and was admitted into 4. Gatech is the best in these four. However, it is not my first choice. The City University of New York in Baruch is my favorite, but I am not its favorite. Hahaha . Since it lies in NY, it has such a favorable atmosphere to study finance and I think there will be more opportunities for me to find my summer internship. However, I was denied. But Gatech is also a great school, so I am happy I can further my study there.

23 为什么资金大笔存入?
In China, the deposit rate is such low that we barely put our money into bank. We make investment in company and real estate. We put *** RMB in ****  years ago. And when applying to university, I need the deposit certificate. Thus my father took out **** from that corporation and put them into bank. You can see this from my certificate of deposit. And we still left****  in that corporation and here is the receipt for a loan. And the real estate in**** is also a big investment. We bought it on **** years ago and now it can be sold on near ****. We are waiting for its further revalue.

24 为什么申请那么多别的国家的学校?
To speak frankly, I did not so much understand the universities abroad then. Hong Kong is the financial center in Asia and UK is the financial center in Europe. Thus I give both of them a consideration. But finally, I realize that I have to go the financial center of the world to get the best education. Thus I choose USA eventually.

25 实习你都干了什么?
像没有工作经验的人可以准备下这个问题哈

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-4-4
精华
帖子
地板
发表于 2007-6-21 21:04:53 |只看该作者
:handshake