精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2009-6-14 11:28:40 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
本帖最后由 seisp 于 2009-7-29 14:50 编辑

Listening Section - listen with attention and note-taking

From xww2007

集中注意力是关键。个人的体会是,ETS不至于把所有题目集中在一个段落里面考,一篇长听6分钟,基本上每1分钟才一个题,当然也有30秒的。那么就算我们某时刻溜号了,也别太介意,后面接着专心听(Comment: You Don't have to memorize and understand each word to get the main idea. Don't Feel frustrated if you neglected just a tiny word - that won't matter at all, You must realize that even the native speaker can't get the exact meaning of every detail perfectly right. General idea, Critical Details-examples will be emphasized in the lecture and you will get it.)。听多了是会对考点敏感的,尤其是主题题和语气题,很容易判断。那么这个时候就可以对自己说咱休整20秒再接再厉了。听力时图片下面那个走秒的bar其实是个很好的提示,可以用来掐时间,估计一下下一道题目的考点在什么位置。

实际上我每篇听力都记了1版A4纸, 笔记里找到排序题(话题发展、框架),但那是因为听的时候就有意识地按点记下来的。笔记可以理清思路,这一点我很赞同。主要是,在判断一句话或一个词要不要记下来的时候,其实我们就在判断信息的重要性,也就是所谓的active listening,绝对防止走神的。

From zhangzhibo80
1. 国外出版的新托福模考题及光盘
难度:旧托福<Longman(绿皮)<OG<Delta<Barron<Kaplan
a)  Longman新托福考试综合教程:阅读/写作部分不错;听力/口语部分比较简单,适合做基础练习,(八张CD,一张模考盘)绿色封皮(蓝色封面的不好)
b)  Delta: 听力/口语部分贴近考试难度;阅读/写作较简单
3. Discovery光盘(几个理科重点专题:地理、天文、生物)

From wenhk

听力仍然要以OG为准,Delta跟真题比较接近或稍容易。建议先从Delta单项入手,毕竟也没多少,每天坚持做么。同样,OG的听力也要听两遍,搞清楚ETS经常喜欢在什么地方出题目。笔记很重要要从一开始就练起。如果你听力基础不错,想考高分,那么建议用老托听力Part C来练习。听写Part C能极大提高听力水平,当然一开始很痛苦,后面就会好了。最后你会能听懂Part C每个段子的每个细小内容,IBT的听力自然也就没问题了。

Writing Section — write with accuracy and organization

From katz

先用一天多的时间 认认真真、仔仔细细把og琢磨了一遍
有什么题型 什么题型采用什么策略等等
我觉得彻底把og吃透是最最重要的

任何号称和真题难度有多接近的模考 都比不上og 因为og能告诉你ets的出题方法和思路(comment:ETS出题,ETS判卷,ETS是权威

特别是写作范文

例如综合写作我先做的巴朗的,那叫一个bt,根本不是三个观点一一对应的。恐慌了好一阵子,后来才琢磨出来原来og和真题都是标准的一一对应关系,心才定下来点 (COMMENT: TOEFL标准化考试)

q' b
后来就背自己的“宝典”。几天后我拿到了一本新东方流传出来的李笑来写的托福讲义
觉得挺好 又把他的范文的精华吸收到自己的宝典里去了……

准备时间很紧张的同学掐着表练笔的时间一定不能省啊
我就是吃亏了 上场了才知道时间不够用 花了六分钟构思
只剩下二十分钟多一点打字

最后一段都没来得及写 幸好我的分论点写得还算比较丰满 不太需要一个总结段去自圆其说

(COMMENT: ETS并不教条式强调一定要有最后一段来总结——SEE FROM THE 6 SCORE ESSAY PROVIDED FROM ETS IN GRE AW, 不过对于TOEFL independent writing, 个人感觉应该至少有三个分论点 - 不要超过5个吧,把三个写好就可以达到得满分的基本要求了 - 来支撑自己的观点的。)

Speaking Section - speak with fluency and completeness

Outline

1 WHAT IS REQUIRED & VALUED BY ETS

2 SIMPLE & IMPORTANT TIPS
3 POSSIBLE RESPONSES
4 WAYS TO DEVELOP YOUR PERSPECTIVES
5 SPEAKING TRAINING MATERIAL RECOMMENDED

1 WHAT IS REQUIRED & VALUED (From ETS)

1 The time allotted for each speaking response is considered sufficient for you to give a complete answer, and you should try to give as thorough an answer as possible.

2 Keep in mind that how clearly and coherently you convey information is as important as how much information you convey.

3 Raters will not focus on the number of errors you make. They will score the response based on the overall performance. A response that contains minor or occasional errors may still be scored at the highest level. ( Don't pay too much of your attention to avoid making mistake. Do not be afraid of making mistakes. Just blurt it out, and at the same time make a sound and logic elaboration.)

4 You should use your preparation to review whatever notes (words for reminder) you have taken and to organize your ideas.

Comments from rater:

The speaker continues speaking throughout the entire 45 seconds. She speaks clearly using a variety of vocabulary and a wide range of grammar. Her reasons are well developed. She uses specific details about why France is an important place for her. Instead of just saying, "I'm interested in French culture because it is interesting," she elaborates by talking about her friend, her interest in French history and culture from a young age, and the food. There is a logical progression of ideas that make the response easy to understand.

The speaker gives a thoughtful, sustained answer with ideas and reasons that progress logically. He speaks fluently and demonstrates good control of grammar and vocabulary, with only minor errors that do not obscure the meaning of his ideas. The speaker very clearly states his opinion that the answer depends on whether you are an undergraduate or graduate student. He continues by giving a detailed reason that supports each perspective.

2 SIMPLE TIPS (From cancercrab)

第一部分的两道题目我的感觉都是原来185 Writing Topics中的,所以大家准备起来还是有范围的。考试之前如果能够把所有的题目都自己说一遍(熟悉内容)在考试的时候就不会有不知所措,头脑一片空白的感觉

第二部分,阅读+听力+口语。这部分的难度其实还是蛮大的,阅读的时间很短,所以看的时候一定要注意第一句话即这篇短文的主题是什么,后面的几个句子可以稍微忽略一些细枝末节,但是大体上几个方面要能够把握住一些主要的知识点。

听的时候通常是一男一女讨论,其中一个人说遇到的问题,另一个人给出建议,通常为2-3点。所以一边听一边记下这几个问题,几条建议的关键点,对答题会有很多帮助,而且这些记录下来的内容通常就是一些得分点。

第三部分,听力+口语。在记录的时候一定要有条理:这样的话,自己在回答问题的时候就能够有一个清晰的框架,得分不会低。这两道题目得分主要是和内容有关系,所以能够抓住听力内容的框架,主干很重要!光有个鸡骨头当然还不够拉~内里的内容还是极其重要的,一个main idea总需要一些support或者是explanation。

3 POSSIBLE RESPONSES (From 豆豆~)

For Independent section:

1  You can make your response more fluent, NATURAL, by inserting some colloquial expressions.

2  Your answer should be as SPECIFIC as possible.

3  The key to score high is to make each point WELL-DEVELOPED ( two supporting statement would be good enough, three would be great, however, you must time yourself to find the best pace that fits you.)

The answer can be pretty much like this:

“Well, in my opinion, I would definitely agree with the point that, um, ... . The first reason that I wanna say is that ... . More importantly, ... . So, uh, that’s why I choose ... for the two reasons listed above.”

“Personally, I would have to say that, um, my favorite ... is ... . And there are a couple of reasons to name. The most important thing is that, you know, ... . What’s more, ... . So that’s why ... .”

For Integrated section:

4  Just figure out what the announcement is mainly talking about, you do not need to say anything about it after all.

5  When listening, just write down THREE major points (Three Keywords)--attitude, reason 1 & reason 2 (15~20s for each point) You can use “+” and “-” to represent positive attitude and negative attitude.

6 Make sure that you get all the reasons that the man/woman/lecturer gives. Incomplete response would probably lower your score. [ Thus, try not to spend too much time elaborating on one single reason/points, you should strike a balance between the information and the alloted time to complete the response. (According to your accustomed speaking-pace) ]

7 Locate and note the KEY words as soon as possible to get a feeling of what the professor is gonna talk about.  And try to get a general impression of the terminology in the article.

8 Time allotment of yourself should be tested. i.e 15 seconds for the theory/phenomenon, 20 seconds for each example, and about 5 seconds pausing throughout you answer. [ Clearly (regular speaking speed) + Coherently (Use transitional words) ]

Some possible responses:

“The school has implemented a new policy that ... due to ... . And, However the man/woman holds a positive/negative view towards the announcement. The first reason s/he gives is that ... . And the second one is based on the fact that ... .”

“In the lecture, the professor mainly talked about the theory that ... . To reinforce the theory, the professor gave two reasons in his speech. The first one is that … . The other one is that … . And that’s the two reasons the speaker presented to explain his idea.(The conclusion is optional)”

“In this conversation, the man/woman is having a hard time dealing with the problem that … . And the woman/man offers him/ her two
possible solutions. One is … . The other is … . And if it were my choice, I would choose the former/latter one, because ... .”

“In the lecture, the professor provides two examples to illustrate the phenomenon/theory that … . The first one is that … . Another example Is that … . And that’s the two examples the speaker presented to explain the theory/phenomenon.(Still, the conclusion is optional)”.

4 WAYS TO DEVELOP YOUR PERSPECTIVES (From 水晶小鱼)

展开:

事物:效率、方便、经济、耐久、安全、空间

人物:健康、乐趣、成就、性格、情感、交流、经验、他人

5 Training Material Recommended (From Jiang08)

口语用到的复习资料:

DELTA的口语题我觉得是最有价值的,虽然有点难。练习两三遍不为过。
机井,第一二题的尤其。
185作文题库

口语练习的时候:

一定要录下来,这样才会有紧迫感。
录下来之后可以让别人帮忙听听,发音什么的。
第一二题可以看看别人总结的提纲以及机井和185作文题库,照着提纲一题题讲过来。建议强度大些,考前几天若能把全部机井都过一遍,那肯定讲起来自信多了,倒不是说会押中多少题。

From stsoul

说说jj,应该说还是非常有用的,起码jj是真题,你可以知道出题的思路和模式,一定要看,我把口语jj全都看了一遍。但是没有分类总结,就把预测的那几个“非常可能”考到的嘟囔了一下。

keywords: well-developed, time-allotment, logical progression, specific details, record your response, 熟悉内容,清晰的框架,得分点,录音,机经

p.s 谢谢各位斑竹认可~ 我会在以后陆续上传writing, listening, reading部分的tip collection的 o(∩_∩)o...

From cjlu

If you want to speak good English well, you need to repeat, repeat and repeat untill it's like you are speaking your own language. — I Love short sentence, for its meaning is clear and esay to understand.

We have dinner together every night.We talk about our problems, we share our joys, we exercise together, we relax together. The atmosphere is fantastic/wonderful.

: Please feel free to ask any questions you like.I really enjoyed speaking with you.Let's get together soon.Please Let me pay the bill.You can treat me next time we eat. We should meet every week and eat dinner together.: \) Please feel free to call me.I propose a toast to our friendship, to the wonderful our meeting, to the delicilous foods tonight, and to the happy time we spent together. If you need my help, please call me. We're friends and Friends help each other -How long have you been married?

From ETS.org

Clarkson University

• Total Score: 90, with the following minimum section requirements
    • Reading: 21
    • Listening: 20
    • Speaking: 27
    • Writing: 22
Lehigh UniversityMinimum university scores that students should not fall below to be admitted without some remedial language assistance.
Individual skill section score recommendations are as follows:
  • Total Score: 85, with the following minimum section requirements
    • Reading: 21
    • Listening: 15
    • Speaking: 24
    • Writing: 25
Minimum Speaking score for appointment as a Graduate Student Instructor (TA): 26

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
R. 30. L. 28-30 S. 26-30 W. 28-30

已有 2 人评分寄托币 声望 收起 理由
enjoycyclosa + 1 我很赞同
glamorousky + 20 + 5 精品文章

总评分: 寄托币 + 20  声望 + 6   查看全部投币

回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-2-9
精华
帖子

QQ联合登录 IBT Elegance Virgo处女座 GRE斩浪之魂 US Advisor Golden Apple 荣誉版主

沙发
发表于 2009-6-14 11:43:16 |只看该作者
不错不错~~~~
已有 1 人评分声望 收起 理由
seisp + 1 谢谢~

总评分: 声望 + 1   查看全部投币

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-2-9
精华
帖子

QQ联合登录 IBT Elegance Virgo处女座 GRE斩浪之魂 US Advisor Golden Apple 荣誉版主

板凳
发表于 2009-6-14 11:45:28 |只看该作者
wow ~~ cancercrab~~T119的牛人啊~~

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-8-28
精华
帖子

QQ联合登录 Leo狮子座 荣誉版主 寄托优秀版主 IBT Zeal IBT Smart IBT Elegance US Advisor 魅丽星

地板
发表于 2009-6-14 11:56:43 |只看该作者
我签名档(crack speaking那个)里面有一个tip文件,是“豆豆~”(最近又复出的迹象……)写的,很赞的
已有 1 人评分声望 收起 理由
seisp + 1 嗯,谢谢^^

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-8-8
精华
帖子

Taurus金牛座 荣誉版主 IBT Zeal IBT Elegance

发表于 2009-6-14 15:30:41 |只看该作者
5# jiang08

偷偷滴飘过~嘿嘿~
已有 1 人评分声望 收起 理由
seisp + 1 :)

~豆豆~改作文的小屋子
口语六道题复习建议
iBT报名全流程[图解版]
GTER 07年TOEFL iBT口语|写作机经整理

Life is like a 2πr.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-2-16
精华
帖子

荣誉版主 AW活动特殊奖 IBT Zeal IBT Elegance

发表于 2009-6-14 18:20:55 |只看该作者
不错~
已有 1 人评分声望 收起 理由
seisp + 1 Thx