注册时间
2005-12-6
精华
帖子

Taurus金牛座 荣誉版主

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2006-1-21 00:15:05 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
TOPIC:ISSUE 51 - "Education will be truly effective only when it is specifically designed to meet the individual needs and interests of each student."

提纲:
1 教育的目的在于传承知识和文化,教会每个人去认知这个世界,教育资源有限不可能去一一满足每个人的需要。
2 教育不是用来作为满足每个学生兴趣的工具,虽然兴趣是学习的动力,但是过度的选择自由会使学习aimless,学生学不到实质的有用的知识,且学生缺乏判断力,兴趣又总是在变,因此教育工作者除了给学生正确的guidance 之外还应该规范他们的行为。
3 educators 应该引导学生去学习,去认知,并激发学生的学习兴趣,培养学生的逻辑和批判思维,及独立思考,自学的能力(creativity)
4 educators还要培养学生的interpersonal skills, cooperative, teamwork, leadership而不仅是intelligence此外,投入同样多的精力关注他们的emotion使他们有健康的心理(prevent or forestall violations and suicides in campus)

Can education be actually effective when it puts the highest item on satisfying individual's needs and interests of every student, as the speaker claims? I concede that to certain extent the purpose of education is to inspire students' interests and content with them so as to improve their knowledge and experience, nevertheless, we should go into a further discussion of what is the highest goal of our modern education.

In my point of view, the optimal item for education is to impart intelligence and human civilization from generation to generation and teach people how to perceive the world. It is impossible for disseminating our comparatively limited education resources into innumerable needs of individuals. When we take a look at historical retrospect, we will find that during thousands of years the superior goal of education was consistent with the development of society. Just like the motto on the wall of Poseidon temple in Greece: Education is to learn ourselves. Therefore, we cannot voraciously expect that the instructions and conductions which we accept is merely designed to content with our private demands for knowledge or experience, indeed, we should anticipate what contributions we can do for our societies or nations by obtaining the systematic educational trainings. In other words, the supreme theme of education is to conduct each member of society to devote to the progress of human civilization.

Although the speaker's view seems tempting on the argument that students could benefit from education by satisfying their interests. However, it appears to me that this assertion flies in the face of the real item of our modern education. On the one hand, education should not be used as a tool for meeting one's own interests. Admittedly, I have to yield to the truth that interests, to some degrees, are the strong and effective impetus for one's study, nonetheless, the undue freedom for choosing the fields of study depending on their propensity would damage students’ learning, either by leading their multiple disciplines to an imbalance which is harmful for their further education or by giving their an illusion that if they master only one field of skills which they took interests in they would rely on it to find a good career regardless of the fact that special abilities primarily build on the large quantity of basic knowledge and experience. For example, if the preliminary or high school students could chose the courses according to their hobbies whatsoever, they may probably be less willing to learn the relatively difficult mathematics or physics, which mean they will miss the chance of mastering the basic and useful knowledge and skills for developing other fields of study.

On the other hand, young students are lacking of sagacious judgment, some interests of them are so whim that educators should not satisfy arbitrarily. On the contrary, our educators should demonstrate the accurate directions for the young students and caution against them what they should do and what should not by setting some relevant regulations or restrictions for them.

In addition, in my observation, the modern education pays too much attention on the instillation of intelligence to students while overlooks other facets. Though I agree that the useful knowledge and skills play a vital role in students' learning, working and routine life, the interpersonal skills, the team-spirits, the leadership and perhaps the most important-a healthy psychology do as an equal role as intelligence in their future. Considering the contemporary violations and suicides in campus, our educators should pay more efforts on cultivating students emotions.

To sum up, the speaker apparently oversimplified the optimal purpose of education on a narrow scale by considering it only a tool to satisfy individuals ' needs and student’s interests. Obviously, my disagreement view is that we are educated because we need not only to pursuit the useful knowledge and skills but also we should learn how to perceive the world and how to understand ourselves.

[ 本帖最后由 jingjingtous 于 2006-1-21 00:16 编辑 ]
How to Eat Fried Worms?
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-8-6
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2006-1-22 23:25:31 |只看该作者
明天给你改哦 占个楼

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-8-6
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2006-1-23 23:47:30 |只看该作者
提纲:
1 教育的目的在于传承知识和文化,教会每个人去认知这个世界,教育资源有限不可能去一一满足每个人的需要。(正确
2 教育不是用来作为满足每个学生兴趣的工具,虽然兴趣是学习的动力,但是过度的选择自由会使学习aimless,学生学不到实质的有用的知识,且学生缺乏判断力,兴趣又总是在变,因此教育工作者除了给学生正确的guidance 之外还应该规范他们的行为。(很好,很在理
3 educators 应该引导学生去学习,去认知,并激发学生的学习兴趣,培养学生的逻辑和批判思维,及独立思考,自学的能力(creativity)
4 educators还要培养学生的interpersonal skills, cooperative, teamwork, leadership而不仅是intelligence此外,投入同样多的精力关注他们的emotion使他们有健康的心理(prevent or forestall violations and suicides in campus) 3,4两点好像是大道理

Can education be actually effective when it puts the highest item on satisfying individual's needs and interests of every student, as the speaker claims? I concede that to certain extent the purpose of education is to inspire students' interests and content with them so as to improve their knowledge and experience, nevertheless, we should go into a further discussion of what is the highest goal of our modern education. highest goal这种美国人可能看不太理解

In my point of view, the optimal item for education is to impart intelligence and human civilization from generation to generation and teach people how to perceive the world. It is impossible for disseminating our comparatively limited education resources into innumerable needs of individuals. When we take a look at historical retrospect, we will find that during thousands of years the superior goal of education was consistent with the development of society. Just like the motto on the wall of Poseidon temple in Greece: Education is to learn ourselves. (好!整个论述都很好)Therefore, we cannot voraciously expect that the instructions and conductions which we accept is merely designed to content with our private demands for knowledge or experience, indeed, we should anticipate what contributions we can do for our societies or nations by obtaining the systematic educational trainings. In other words, the supreme theme of education is to conduct each member of society to devote to the progress of human civilization. 这段写得太好了 赞!

Although the speaker's view seems tempting on the argument that students could benefit from education by satisfying their interests. However, it appears to me that this assertion flies in the face of the real item of our modern education. On the one hand, education should not be used as a tool for meeting one's own interests. Admittedly, I have to yield to the truth that interests, to some degrees, are the strong and effective impetus for one's study, nonetheless, the undue freedom for choosing the fields of study depending on their propensity would damage students’ learning, either by leading their multiple disciplines to an imbalance which is harmful for their further education or by giving their an illusion that if they master only one field of skills which they took interests in they would rely on it to find a good career regardless of the fact that special abilities primarily build on the large quantity of basic knowledge and experience.(这个长句太长,前面读读感觉像北美范文了 但看到后面这么长就不是了) For example, if the preliminary or high school students could chose the courses according to their hobbies whatsoever, they may probably be less willing to learn the relatively difficult mathematics or physics, which mean they will miss the chance of mastering the basic and useful knowledge and skills for developing other fields of study.  写得很好

On the other hand, young students are lacking of sagacious judgment, some interests of them are so whim that educators should not satisfy arbitrarily. On the contrary, our educators should demonstrate the accurate directions for the young students and caution against them what they should do and what should not by setting some relevant regulations or restrictions for them.好!

In addition, in my observation, the modern education pays too much attention on the instillation of intelligence to students while overlooks other facets. Though I agree that the useful knowledge and skills play a vital role in students' learning, working and routine life, the interpersonal skills, the team-spirits, the leadership and perhaps the most important-a healthy psychology do as an equal role as intelligence in their future. Considering the contemporary violations and suicides in campus, our educators should pay more efforts on cultivating students emotions. 有点偏题 但语句上真是……

To sum up, the speaker apparently oversimplified the optimal purpose of education on a narrow scale by considering it only a tool to satisfy individuals ' needs and student’s interests. Obviously, my disagreement view is that we are educated because we need not only to pursuit the useful knowledge and skills but also we should learn how to perceive the world and how to understand ourselves.

有点写得过好了 是你自己写的吗?? 哈哈 惊讶
你可以去新东方教作文了 真不是人写得出的

使用道具 举报

RE: issue51 jingjing(kito) [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发