2006-3-13
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2007-8-7 05:22:23 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
写作:
作文
Some people prefer to live in a small town. Others prefer to live in abig city. Which place would you prefer to live in? Use specific reasonsand details to support your answer.
口语:   
In  your opinion, what is the most important characteristic(forexample, honesty, intelligence, sense of humor) that a person can haveto be successful in life? Use specific reasons and examples from yourexperience to explain your answer.

Writing (word count: 342):

There is no definite answer to the question whether big cities are better living choices than small towns or the other way around, because they best each other with their own advantages. People will make their decision with respect to variable demands. For a twenty-year-old young student like me, I would like to live in big cities.

We can benefits all the facilities supplied in big cities. First of all, public facilities like libraries are much more advanced than those in less developed places. There are newly-shooting books, different versions of classics, and several copies of one single reading material. Readers do not have to wait for a long while before getting their favorite. In addition, the services are usually of high quality. People are not necessary to transport from one library to another to find a specific book. The library union will help to transfer a desired material and ship it to the nearest spot.

What is more enchanting is the great job opportunities. It is difficult in such a competitive world to find a job that meets our educational background and the salaries or boons can fit to our expectation. Here we can find tons of job vacancies and there is at least one that can make people survive in such a society of high-expenditure. If a person rates himself in a right position, he can find a satisfying job. If he overestimates or underestimates himself, it will not take a long time to adjust the evaluation, because the competitive working field will force him to take actions quickly. As a result, we benefits from the big cities not only the job opportunities, but also appropriate self-assessment about our career.

Of course small towns are advantageous in its quiet and clean environment, and in its rapport neighborhood relations. People might spend their holidays there or settle down after retirement. At an age of fighting for my dreams, I prefer to living in big cities for sake of the forementioned benefits and other reasons I do not have time to discuss.

Speaking:

To answer which is the most important characteristic to be successful depends on what kind of success we are going to achieve. I am going to be a researcher and I rate honesty to be right of thumb. Claiming any research findings demands accurate report of the working process and results. These findings might be used in contemporary industries or go down for generations. Honesty will guarantee its application value and reference merits.

[ 本帖最后由 ensue 于 2007-8-7 05:23 编辑 ]
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-10-6
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2007-8-7 17:07:05 |只看该作者
There is no definite answer to the question whether big cities are better living choices than small towns or the other way around, because they best each other with their own advantages. People will make their decision with respect to variable demands. For a twenty-year-old young student like me, I would like to live in big cities.

We can benefits (benifit) all the facilities supplied in big cities. First of all, public facilities like libraries are much more advanced than those in less developed places. There are newly-shooting books, different versions of classics, and several copies of one single reading material. Readers do not have to wait for a long while before getting their favorite. In addition, the services are usually of high quality. People are not necessary to transport from one library to another to find a specific book. The library union will help to transfer a desired material and ship it to the nearest spot.

What is more enchanting is the great job opportunities. It is difficult in such a competitive world to find a job that meets our educational background and the salaries or boons can fit to our expectation. Here we can find tons of job vacancies and there is at least one that can make people survive in such a society of high-expenditure.(个人认为,此段可以从这里断开,后面的成为第三点理由,会显得逻辑更清晰。 In the third place….) If a person rates himself in a right position, he can find a satisfying job. If he overestimates or underestimates himself, it will not take a long time to adjust the evaluation, because the competitive working field will force him to take actions quickly. As a result, we benefits (benifit) from the big cities not only the job opportunities, but also appropriate self-assessment about our career.

Of course small towns are advantageous in its quiet and clean environment, and in its rapport neighborhood relations. People might spend their holidays there or settle down after retirement. At an age of fighting for my dreams, I prefer to living in big cities for the sake of the fore mentioned benefits and other reasons I do not have time to discuss.
文章观点和脉络都很清晰。楼主对词汇的掌握和运用了得
以上仅代表个人观点,如有不同观点,希望与楼主讨论:-)

Speaking:

To answer which is the most important characteristic to be successful depends on what kind of success we are going to achieve. I am going to be a researcher and I rate honesty to be right of thumb. Claiming any research findings demands accurate report of the working process and results. These findings might be used in contemporary industries or go down for generations. Honesty will guarantee its application value and reference merits.(感觉口语稍微有些短,可以扩充一下内容。例如可以从反面说如果在研究中造假会污染学术环境之类。)

[ 本帖最后由 fss528 于 2007-8-7 17:09 编辑 ]

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-3-13
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2007-8-7 21:44:22 |只看该作者
谢谢你,把第二个观点一分为二,是很好的建议。
口语上我对长短没太有把握。加油!