2006-3-13
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2007-8-8 23:42:39 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
写作:
作文
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Most experiences in our lives that seemed difficult at the time become valuable lessons for the future. Use reasons and specific examples to support our answer.

口语
A foreign visitor has only one day to spend in your country. Where should this visitor go on that day? Why? Use specific reasons and details to support your choice.

Writing:
It is a truth that most experiences in our lives are valuable for the future even though they seemed difficult at the time being. I always believe that if there is no pain, there will be no gain. Those difficult experiences not only benefit our own lives, but also serve as a good reference for others. Some of the success achieved from harsh experiences might contribute to the advancement of human beings.

I am not a lucky bird who knows her goal of career as early as entering the university. Changing my major was a toss-up when I found my real interest. On the one hand, I had studied literature for four-years and had built up a solid foundation. It would quite smooth for me to go along this way. On the other hand, human speeches seemed charming and the technology to dealing with it was even more magic to me. It was a dilemma of eating the ready dish or cooking from the beginning. I chose the later with determination and persistence, and underwent a torturing year to make the transmission. Now I am working on my favorite topic and many initiative ideas are flowing in my head. Changing my major was not promising but risky in the beginning. However, it turns to be a right decision which stirs up my motivation and potentiality to exert all my effort in research. This is a good lesson of never fearing to give a try.

It is also true that a great amount of legacies we inherit from ancestors were not gained with ease. Ancestors’ harsh experiences paved the way for the modern life. Democracy in America was realized with the severe Independent War; the Great Wall in China was built up with the sacrifice of many families in the Qin Dynasty; Generative Linguistic theories are still confronted with criticisms in all directions although it thrives with its profound influence in areas like computer science, psychology, sociology, so on and so forth. The leaders in wars, the organizers for the architecture, and the pioneers in theories had all faced difficulties before their work was recognized. Those experiences can not shadow the lights of advancement, but encourage people as positive examples.

In a nut shell, I totally agree with the claim that experiences in our lives where “our” is a cover term for all people, can become valuable lessons in the future. They contribute to both the people who undergo the difficulty and their descendents.

Speaking:

[ 本帖最后由 ensue 于 2007-8-8 23:56 编辑 ]
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-7-26
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2007-8-9 11:48:54 |只看该作者
It is a truth that most experiences in our lives are valuable for the future even though they seemed difficult at the time being. I always believe that if there is no pain, there will be no gain(直接说No pain, no gain就可以了.免得累赘). Those difficult experiences not only benefit our own lives, but also serve as a good reference for others. Some of the success achieved from harsh experiences might contribute to the advancement of human beings.

I am not a lucky bird who knows her goal of career as early as entering the university. Changing my major was a toss-up when I found my real interest. On the one hand, I had studied literature for four-years and had built up a solid foundation. It would quite smooth for me to go along this way. On the other hand, human speeches seemed charming and the technology to dealing with it was even more magic to me. It was a dilemma of eating the ready dish or cooking from the beginning. I chose the later with determination and persistence, and underwent a torturing year to make the transmission. Now I am working on my favorite topic and many initiative ideas are flowing in my head. Changing my major was not promising but risky in the beginning. However, it turns to be a right decision which stirs up my motivation and potentiality to exert all my effort in research. This is a good lesson of never fearing to give a try.(一般来说,比较一般性的话题,最好不要举自己的例子,不过总得来说,这段的用词很多样的.)

It is also true that a great amount of legacies we inherit from ancestors were not gained with ease. Ancestors’ harsh experiences paved the way for the modern life. Democracy in America was realized with the severe Independent War; the Great Wall in China was built up with the sacrifice of many families in the Qin Dynasty; Generative Linguistic theories are still confronted with criticisms in all directions although it thrives with its profound influence in areas like computer science, psychology, sociology, so on and so forth. The leaders in wars, the organizers for the architecture, and the pioneers in theories had all faced difficulties before their work was recognized. Those experiences can not shadow the lights of advancement, but encourage people as positive examples. (你这段想表达什么意思呢?按照第一段应该是想说contribute to advancement of humanbeing? 还是serve as a good reference for others?段落最后最好总结一下)

In a nut shell, I totally agree with the claim that experiences in our lives where “our” is a cover term for all people, can become valuable lessons in the future. They contribute to both the people who undergo the difficulty and their descendents.(建议在people后加个themself)

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-10-6
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2007-8-9 18:07:23 |只看该作者
文章第二段有些凌乱. Democracy in America was realized with the severe Independent War; the Great Wall in China was built up with the sacrifice of many families in the Qin Dynasty; Generative Linguistic theories are still confronted with criticisms in all directions although it thrives with its profound influence in areas like computer science, psychology, sociology, so on and so forth. 这一些仿佛不是在说个人生活中经历的difficulties.
再次感叹一下楼主的语言功底:loveliness:

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-11-10
精华
帖子
地板
发表于 2007-8-10 09:57:04 |只看该作者
It is a truth that most experiences in our lives are valuable for the future even though they seemed difficult at the time being. I always believe that if there is no pain, there will be no gain. 我觉得这样改可以I always believe that there is no pain, there is no gain.Those difficult experiences not only benefit our own lives, but also serve as a good reference for others. Some of the success achieved from harsh experiences might contribute to the advancement of human beings.

最好先给个陈述性的语句过渡一下,不然猛的就是个人的例子显得有些突兀I am not a lucky bird who knows her goal of career as early as entering the university. Changing my major was a toss-up when I found my real interest. On the one hand, I had studied literature for four-years and had built up a solid foundation. It would quite smooth for me to go along this way. On the other hand, human speeches seemed charming and the technology to dealing with it was even more magic to me. It was a dilemma of eating the ready dish or cooking from the beginning. I chose the later with determination and persistence, and underwent a torturing year to make the transmission. Now I am working on my favorite topic and many initiative ideas are flowing in my head. Changing my major was not promising but risky in the beginning. However, it turns to be a right decision which stirs up my motivation and potentiality to exert all my effort in research. This is a good lesson of never fearing to give a try.

It is also true that a great amount of legacies we inherit from ancestors were not gained with ease. Ancestors’ harsh experiences paved the way for the modern life. Democracy in America was realized with the severe Independent War; the Great Wall in China was built up with the sacrifice of many families in the Qin Dynasty; Generative Linguistic theories are still confronted with criticisms in all directions although it thrives with its profound influence in areas like computer science, psychology, sociology, so on and so forth.and so on and so forth The leaders in wars, the organizers for the architecture, and the pioneers in theories had all faced difficulties before their work was recognized. Those experiences can not shadow the lights of advancement, but encourage people as positive examples. 你的意思是若想取得成就,必须经历困难,那么第二句话就是多余了,另外,great wall作为这里的例子不太合适。

In a nut shell, I totally agree with the claim that experiences in our lives where “our” is a cover term for all people, can become valuable lessons in the future. They contribute to both the people who undergo the difficulty and their descendents.
总体来说很不错,赞!
不懈地努力
来告慰自己未竟的梦想!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-3-13
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-8-10 10:19:34 |只看该作者
谢谢大家,这次感觉很有收获。今晚好好修改,然后做第五次作业。